Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Kenny's future if top 4 is not secured.

Read 24591 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Kenny's future if top 4 is not secured.
      Reply #23: Mar 10, 2012 06:44:36 pm
      Was expecting a 'post Bolton' interview from Kenny tonight to be honest, but what I got was a 'Woy interview', with Kenny happy with the performance  :o.

Heard his interview was poor
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #24: Mar 10, 2012 06:49:05 pm
      If im honest and step out the box on the subject i can see a managerial change come the summer.

£100 million spent and we cannot hit top 4? im tired of the 3/5 year "project" excuse, we have heard it over the past 20 years,the players we spent heavy on have not only let the club down but the man who put so much trust in them and that is kenny and for their failings kenny may have to fall on his sword.

We have run out of ideas.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #25: Mar 10, 2012 06:50:29 pm
      If FSG are a ruthless as we are told and rely on stats like we are told Kenny could be in serious trouble in the Summer. Are we the lowest scorers in the league
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #26: Mar 10, 2012 06:52:38 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #27: Mar 10, 2012 06:56:09 pm
      I have a gut feeling that Kenny may well step aside if he finishes way off 4th.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #28: Mar 10, 2012 06:56:57 pm
      I think the FA cup may determine his future
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #29: Mar 10, 2012 06:58:38 pm
      We made too many changes in the summer allowing certain players out and replacing them with ones with little experience at a big club which expects.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #30: Mar 10, 2012 06:59:54 pm
      Dont care what anyone says we are as far away from winning a title as any time since 1991
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #31: Mar 10, 2012 06:59:58 pm
      Very weak interview from Kenny and totally disagree with him. His demeanour looks very negative, understandably in some senses but not from a manager who always portrays positivity, I honestly believe he's rocketed the players for that and is just fobbing the interview off with standard fodder, I'd be amazed if that's what he truly felt.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #32: Mar 10, 2012 07:00:26 pm
      Cups aside, this season is turning into a nightmare one as far as the league is concerned, but so much of that has, in my opinion, been down to terrible bad luck.  The loss of Lucas, our inability to score, and a few shockingly bad performances, like todays, the Bolton game, spuds and possibly a couple of others that I didn't manage to watch but heard were dire.  I think it would be a miracle if we made the top 4 from where we are now, if I'm honest.

Today we lost again and we didn't really deserve any other result, it seemed we were second to every ball and had no stomach for the fight.  Sunderland wanted it more.  Last week, we battered the arse, but still lost.  We were very unlucky then.  With very similar teams as well.

Is it Kenny's fault?  Not in my mind.  We'd all love to see the goals flying in, if only a few of the misses had, we could be looking at a completely different scenario.  Sadly, we're not, but "project" Liverpool needs to be given a chance.  Some, no, A LOT of the football we've played this season has had me purring like a cat.  Today had me coughing up fur balls, but as long as days like this are few and far between, then I'm behind Kenny 100%.

IKWT.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #33: Mar 10, 2012 07:00:33 pm
      we don't know if kenny wanted money to spend in Jan or not do we ? we dont know if he got his targets in the summer and we dont know if winning two cups will be enough to keep Kenny his job.
      Lets be honest the home form has done us terrible damage the Luis Saga distracted us and the Casrling Cup and the FA Cup have eased the league position dilema.
      All that being equal i think Kenny will do at least one more year and if we finish of the seaosn with the FA Cup how can that possibly be a failure.
      The thing for me in the league is that unless we are challenging for it then we still are below par and we were never going to challenge this season anyway.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #34: Mar 10, 2012 07:05:45 pm
      I don't know what will happen but attaining fourth or mounting a serious challenge was not an unreasonable expectation at the start of the season. When you spend the kind of money we did having finished 6th, you expect to finish higher in the league the next season but we're somehow worse off, despite performing better in all but the most important aspect of the game, goalscoring.

Before the season's start, some even thought we might win the league title or challenge for it, while others thought that fourth was virtually nailed on going by last season's form under Kenny. From that point of view you'd obviously be having very serious doubts about Kenny's future at the club. What the true opinion of the owners was I'm not sure.

As for my own opinion, I think the manager deserves a chance to improve the squad, rectify some of the mistakes made in the transfer window and build on our cup success. As always, much will depend on who he signs this summer.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #35: Mar 10, 2012 07:16:17 pm
      What a great time to stir up a debate on Kenny's future at the Club after a dire performance away to Sunderland. F**k me, ridiculous.

That first sentence was sarcasm by the way.

P.S. Totally agree with whyohwhyohwhy. Never thought i'd say this but by F**k, we miss Lucas sorely. All our other midfielders are overly attack minded.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #36: Mar 10, 2012 07:33:25 pm
      I cant even bring myself to reply right now.. This and the match thread.

I will say this first, some people on here, hats off good thoughts..

Some.. You are an utter discrace to Liverpool football club and to be thought of as fans.. I am embarassed by you and to have you linked with this club.

I will have a think and come back to this later because there is no doubt that there are issues but the way some react is an embarrassment to even call it knee jerk.. Im ashamed.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37: Mar 10, 2012 07:56:24 pm
      Wasn't really looking for personal opinions on what people want to happen when I started the thread and I think that has been lost somewhat.

The thread was started on a perspective of Kenny and Henry and Werner and co.

Meaning if Kenny thought that he had failed in securing 4th, would he hand over the reigns ?

Will FSG consider not securing 4th a failure and look to part company with Kenny ?

Bearing in mind both Kenny and Henry have said failing to secure 4th could only be seen as a failure ?

So lets have a discussion on your opinions on that as your general opinions on how you feel personally about Kenny being able to continue in his role can be discussed in the Kenny Dalglish Thread.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #38: Mar 10, 2012 07:57:26 pm

Some.. You are an utter discrace to Liverpool football club and to be thought of as fans.. I am embarassed by you and to have you linked with this club.

I will have a think and come back to this later because there is no doubt that there are issues but the way some react is an embarrassment to even call it knee jerk.. Im ashamed.

Spot on mate, some posts on here are nothing short of a disgrace, its not just here its mostly every Liverpool forum. I'm about to lose it with fans on twitter, facebook and forums, unbelievable really, the constant moaning, slating and abusing.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #39: Mar 10, 2012 07:58:26 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Reply #40: Mar 10, 2012 08:01:33 pm
      We are getting worse and the players dont look like they give a sh*te.

Kneejerk.

I watched all 20 games of the Hodgson era.  I'd say at least 15 of them if not more were utter sh*te.  I can probably name about 7 or 8 of Kenny's 45 in charge that have been abject.

We all know the results have been bad but if you honestly believe our football is worse than under Roy or at the end of Rafa's reign then you know little about football.

Why are you on a football forum then?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #41: Mar 10, 2012 08:04:57 pm

Not the fans that are a disgrace, but the players that are being paid 60,000 a week to wear our shirt to produce that, F***ing disgraceful stuff
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #42: Mar 10, 2012 08:06:05 pm
      Wasn't really looking for personal opinions on what people want to happen when I started the thread and I think that has been lost somewhat.

The thread was started on a perspective of Kenny and Henry and Werner and co.

Meaning if Kenny thought that he had failed in securing 4th, would he hand over the reigns ?

Will FSG consider not securing 4th a failure and look to part company with Kenny ?

Bearing in mind both Kenny and Henry have said failing to secure 4th could only be seen as a failure ?

So lets have a discussion on your opinions on that as your general opinions on how you feel personally about Kenny being able to continue in his role can be discussed in the Kenny Dalglish Thread.

It ok you saying that Daz but seriously did you think starting a thread like this would provoke those responses? Seriously?

Id like to think that FSG will be the good owners they have tried to portray themselves as... That they will realise that one season and one summer of a complete overhall isnt long enough. That they need to back the manager and to see where we are and how we feel the season has a whole has gone. And how we feel we can move on with another summer behind us.

As for Kenny?

I think he will be disapointed, for himself and for us.. But i feel he wont walk away half way through what he feels he can do, i feel that he is enjoying it overall and that he will want to try and take us to where he can feel he can take us. He walked away once and regretted it i dont see him doing it again and potentially regret it again. I think he will be chomping at the bit for next season to start.

For me........... He has my support and always will.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #43: Mar 10, 2012 08:08:35 pm
      Kneejerk.

I watched all 20 games of the Hodgson era.  I'd say at least 15 of them if not more were utter sh*te.  I can probably name about 7 or 8 of Kenny's 45 in charge that have been abject.

We all know the results have been bad but if you honestly believe our football is worse than under Roy or at the end of Rafa's reign then you know little about football.

Why are you on a football forum then?

How is exactly is that knee jerk when Ive being saying it for a while, Bolton and Sunderland away were as bad as Blackburn away under Hodgson. Our football barring Arsenal at home has being poor recently.

In relation to the last bit it is a figure of speech thought you would have guessed that. Not surprised you have picked up on me again after a woeful performance JD.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #44: Mar 10, 2012 08:08:56 pm
      Not the fans that are a disgrace, but the players that are being paid 60,000 a week to wear our shirt to produce that, f**king disgraceful stuff

Have you played football?I Have to a decentish level and I watch very few and think they dont care... It different from saying things dont work to saying the players dont care..

There is another side out there trying to stop our lot playing.

Football isnt as easy as some want you to think.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #45: Mar 10, 2012 08:09:45 pm
      How is exactly is that knee jerk when Ive being saying it for a while, Bolton and Sunderland away was as bad as Blackburn away under Hodgson. Our football barring Arsenal at home has being poor recently.

In relation to the last bit it is a figure of speech thought you would have guessed that. Not surprised you have picked up on me again after a woeful performance JD.

Maybe not knee jerk then................... Just utter bollocks and premeditated, want to told you so attitude.

Quick Reply