Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Kenny's future if top 4 is not secured.

Read 24592 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Kenny's future if top 4 is not secured.
      Reply #345: Mar 13, 2012 05:04:46 pm
      If i wanted Kenny gone id say it my time here shows that
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #346: Mar 13, 2012 05:07:35 pm

Understatement of the century :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #347: Mar 13, 2012 05:09:58 pm

I know.

If you wanted him gone you would say it, at least we agree now.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #348: Mar 13, 2012 05:12:34 pm
      I was speaking with me dad earlier, he reckons Kenny will stand down in the summer. Not pushed but stand down.

What bought your dad to that conclusion?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #349: Mar 13, 2012 05:17:02 pm
      Can't quote Shabs.

He reckons because Kenny has always looked out for the good of the club above of all else he'll maybe be inclined to step aside if an alternative young managerial candidate comes along.

It was just thinking out loud, but maybe he will. I don't think its likely though.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #350: Mar 13, 2012 05:21:18 pm
      Can't quote Shabs.

He reckons because Kenny has always looked out for the good of the club above of all else he'll maybe be inclined to step aside if an alternative young managerial candidate comes along.

It was just thinking out loud, but maybe he will. I don't think its likely though.

Thats the most important bit, kenny always has this club at heart and the owners are fully aware of it mate and im sure they know deep down a summer spree with the right calibre player should be enough to tilt us back on top of the league.

We are a couple of games away from a cup double, that should be enough for FSG to pull out the cheque book & back the King.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #351: Mar 13, 2012 05:21:49 pm
      Can't quote Shabs.

I'm with you mate and think it's highly unlikely Kenny will step aside though especially after delivering some silver ware just over a year after taking over again.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #352: Mar 13, 2012 05:26:30 pm
      Phil Thompson said at the start of the season if someone like Mourinho becomes available and could do a better job, Kenny would step aside.

Now before people start slating me aint giving an opinion just saying what Phil Thompson said.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #353: Mar 13, 2012 05:31:22 pm
      Something I just thought about, sorry if its already been posted...not sure it has quite in this way
      I'm in no way saying Kenny should go, he's the best man to bring this club back from the dead (very nearly anyway) and should be given plenty of time.
      However, something MUST change, we are still around about the same position in the league, spent over £50million (taking into account torres+babel money for carrol+suarez) and are still in the same position, but we haven't had the european football as a distraction!? United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs have ALL had european football, therefore they can attract supposedly the better players, but everyone can see Chelsea are crap this year, Arsenal without RVP are screwed (i know these things have been said many times) but in terms of strength in depth, who has better than us? as in like for like...apart from man city and half of united

Liverpool:
      Strikers: Suarez, Carroll, Bellamy, Kuyt
      Wingers: Downing, Bellamy, Maxi, Hendo( just coz he has been played there)
      Midfielders: Gerrard, Lucas, Hendo, Adam ,Spearo, Shelvey
      Left Backs: Enrique, Aurelio, Robinson, Johnson
      Right Backs: Johnson, Kelly, Flanno, Carra
      Centre Backs: Agger, Skrtel, Coates, Carra
      GK: Reina, Doni, Jones etc...

all these players (apart from maybe jones) are either internationals for good teams, Brazil, Uruguay etc...or standout players at their previous clubs (Adam at Blackpool even though i don't rate him) and although Enrique hasn't been called up for spain and wasn't a key key player at newcastle he HAS been a great signing for us

would you rather have our squad or uniteds?

Strikers: Rooney, Hernandez, Wellbeck (improving but still got some way to be a long term united player), Berbatov (would anyone really have him in our side?)
      Wingers: Nani, Young, Valencia, Giggs
      Midfielders: Scholes, Giggs, Carrick, Anderson
      Left Backs: Evra, Fabio
      Right Backs: Rafael, Smalling
      Centre Backs: Ferdinand, Vidic, Jones, Smalling
      GK: De Gea, Lindegaard

I know who I think SHOULD have the better squad, for some reason it just isn't working. Obviously United have a few very good players...rooney...nani. ..young, but so supposedly do we...Gerrard (thats without doubt) Suarez Carroll (even though he hasn't shown it) and Bellamy has surpassed everyones expectations so theres another one. I think on paper our squad should be able to outplay United - for example...we have the younger midfielders and Suarez scored more than any current united striker in his best season at ajax? I don't see why we can't at least come closer to top 4 than we currently look to be?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #354: Mar 13, 2012 05:31:29 pm
      Phil Thompson said at the start of the season if someone like Mourinho becomes available and could do a better job, Kenny would step aside.

Now before people start slating me aint giving an opinion just saying what Phil Thompson said.

Dont want him corbally, that c**t has history with this club, Rather have Avram Grant  ;)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #355: Mar 13, 2012 05:34:56 pm
      Dont want him corbally, that c**t has history with this club, Rather have Avram Grant  ;)

Ya Shabs dont pay attention to Wind up merchants any more, have to commend the staff for the ignore button.

Ya not a big Mourinho fan, ya he is extremely successful but whatever club he is at it is all about him.

But they was Phil Thompson words, was taken back a bit by it when I heard it.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #356: Mar 13, 2012 05:35:52 pm
      Think Kenny should carry on for at least another season, in my humble opinion,not many managers have the calibre to manage the club.
      StevieG4life
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #357: Mar 13, 2012 06:14:08 pm
      Something I just thought about, sorry if its already been posted...not sure it has quite in this way
      I'm in no way saying Kenny should go, he's the best man to bring this club back from the dead (very nearly anyway) and should be given plenty of time.
      However, something MUST change, we are still around about the same position in the league, spent over £50million (taking into account torres+babel money for carrol+suarez) and are still in the same position, but we haven't had the european football as a distraction!? United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs have ALL had european football, therefore they can attract supposedly the better players, but everyone can see Chelsea are crap this year, Arsenal without RVP are screwed (i know these things have been said many times) but in terms of strength in depth, who has better than us? as in like for like...apart from man city and half of united

Liverpool:
      Strikers: Suarez, Carroll, Bellamy, Kuyt
      Wingers: Downing, Bellamy, Maxi, Hendo( just coz he has been played there)
      Midfielders: Gerrard, Lucas, Hendo, Adam ,Spearo, Shelvey
      Left Backs: Enrique, Aurelio, Robinson, Johnson
      Right Backs: Johnson, Kelly, Flanno, Carra
      Centre Backs: Agger, Skrtel, Coates, Carra
      GK: Reina, Doni, Jones etc...

all these players (apart from maybe jones) are either internationals for good teams, Brazil, Uruguay etc...or standout players at their previous clubs (Adam at Blackpool even though i don't rate him) and although Enrique hasn't been called up for spain and wasn't a key key player at newcastle he HAS been a great signing for us

would you rather have our squad or uniteds?

Strikers: Rooney, Hernandez, Wellbeck (improving but still got some way to be a long term united player), Berbatov (would anyone really have him in our side?)
      Wingers: Nani, Young, Valencia, Giggs
      Midfielders: Scholes, Giggs, Carrick, Anderson
      Left Backs: Evra, Fabio
      Right Backs: Rafael, Smalling
      Centre Backs: Ferdinand, Vidic, Jones, Smalling
      GK: De Gea, Lindegaard

I know who I think SHOULD have the better squad, for some reason it just isn't working. Obviously United have a few very good players...rooney...nani. ..young, but so supposedly do we...Gerrard (thats without doubt) Suarez Carroll (even though he hasn't shown it) and Bellamy has surpassed everyones expectations so theres another one. I think on paper our squad should be able to outplay United - for example...we have the younger midfielders and Suarez scored more than any current united striker in his best season at ajax? I don't see why we can't at least come closer to top 4 than we currently look to be?

Why? We're slipping up to small clubs all the time! If the EPL was a cup competition, on paper, our club will be strong. We can get into the semifinals easy! However, our consistency isn't there. Often, against bus parkers, our players don't have the killer finish, and our killer finisher isn't always there for the killer chance! And then, our players start to slump, and it gets lethargic, and then we have no chance of scoring. But, against larger teams, which THINK they can get something from us because of our bad results against the worse teams, they will attack, and then there's more chances on either side. But then, there's a higher chance of the killer chance getting the killer touch... and BAM! The floodgates are open. The problem is that we cannot make the final move most of the time, unless we're playing the big teams! That's why we rarely win! A friend of mine once told me, "If Liverpool had scored one more goal in every match so far, they'd be in 2nd." The problem is that ONE goal. ONE winner. And we'd be fixed.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #358: Mar 13, 2012 06:18:32 pm
      Can't quote Shabs.

He reckons because Kenny has always looked out for the good of the club above of all else

He is right Kenny always has and always will but I just don't see him walking this summer, I think Kenny will think that with a bit of luck and better finishing we wouldn't be where we are in the league and that the league cup in the bag and so far a FA cup quarter that it's not been a bad season.

He regretted leaving the club the first time after a couple of months and it took him 20 years to get another go, he won't want to walk away and regret it again. This is his second chance to do his dream job.

I think in his head he won't be thinking of it yet at all and that he will be looking to next season. If it didn't go as planned next season it may come into his thinking. But not yet.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #359: Mar 13, 2012 06:29:41 pm
      I think Kenny will think that with a bit of luck and better finishing we wouldn't be where we are in the league and that the league cup in the bag and so far a FA cup quarter that it's not been a bad season.

... And to be honest, that would be a very a reasonable assessment of the season so far.

Even on here most posters have referenced how much our lack of finishing prowess has cost us. I can't see anyone who matters looking at the season, so far, in anything other than an objective manner.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #360: Mar 13, 2012 06:30:59 pm
      Think Kenny should carry on for at least another season, in my humble opinion,not many managers have the calibre to manage the club.

I think you are spot on mate, that's what I was getting at earlier that are the ones that are getting twitchy doing so because Rafa is out of work..

I liked Rafa alot but Kenny will always get my support because he deserves it and he gets the club. And has the calibre.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #361: Mar 13, 2012 06:35:14 pm
      ... And to be honest, that would be a very a reasonable assessment of the season so far.

Even on here most posters have referenced how much our lack of finishing prowess has cost us. I can't see anyone who matters looking at the season, so far, in anything other than an objective manner.

That's the way I see the season mate and how I feel Kenny will do too.. We are not far off and with the correct summer in the transfer market we wont be having this conversation this time next year in my opinion.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #362: Mar 13, 2012 06:36:24 pm
       Hope the KOP are in full voice tonight with singing the Kings name.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #363: Mar 13, 2012 06:36:35 pm
       Personally I don't think Kenny has to worry about his future until his contract run out, I can not see the owners canceling his contract and having to pay Kenny off.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #364: Mar 13, 2012 06:42:04 pm
      Personally I don't think Kenny has to worry about his future until his contract run out, I can not see the owners canceling his contract and having to pay Kenny off.

Can you explain why mate? What makes that be the one thing that's going to lead it in your opinion?

For me if they feel that Kenny isnt taking them where they want to go then the pay off won't  be the thing that stops them making that decision.

And I don't see Kenny taking money from the club if he feels he isn't taking us forward either.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #365: Mar 13, 2012 06:45:26 pm
      I fully support Kenny but to be honest, other than the League Cup win we haven't really made any progress in terms of points compared to the same stage as last season. Given the money he spent in the summer I was expecting us to be better off. But then again we all expected better signings than the likes of Downing when the likes of Mata we're available for virtually the same price.

Top 4 is a must but then again Rome wasn't built in a day.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #366: Mar 13, 2012 06:46:36 pm

They did with woy but i dont see what this brings to the debate?
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #367: Mar 13, 2012 06:53:02 pm
      Can you explain why mate? What makes that be the one thing that's going to lead it in your opinion?

For me if they feel i don't think that they would take a pay off being at the forefront of their thinking as to whether a manager is taking them where they want to go.

And I don't see Kenny taking money from the club if he feels he isn't taking us forward either.
      I t

For me if they feel that Kenny isnt taking them where they want to go then the pay off won't  be the thing that stops them making that decision.

I think they wouldn't like to pay a contract off, In there eyes it would be a waist of money

Quick Reply