Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Kenny's future if top 4 is not secured.

Read 24593 times
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: Kenny's future if top 4 is not secured.
      Reply #368: Mar 13, 2012 06:58:00 pm
      They did with woy but i dont see what this brings to the debate?
      I would say the fans forced there hand on Roy, they fired him to keep us happy
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #369: Mar 13, 2012 07:00:01 pm
      I would say the fans forced there hand on Roy, they fired him to keep us happy

But they paid him up right? it kind of blows out the water what you posted about not paying up the contract.

Must be pissed at us fans costing them a couple of million? mind you they did get us on the cheap ;)
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #370: Mar 13, 2012 07:02:22 pm
      I t I think they wouldn't like to pay a contract off, In there eyes it would be a waist of money

So for arguments sake he finishes 10th this season, is in 15th next they wouldn't let him go because they don't want to waste a few million? I think they are more ruthless business men than that to be honest. They will make whatever decision they feel is best for their company.

Note; if Kenny was he in that position and felt he couldn't move us forward he would walk without a payoff.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #371: Mar 13, 2012 07:08:56 pm
      Ha ha , the club wont sack kenny because they dont want to pay his contract off but if will keep kenny if we are poor in the league which wont be detrimental to club finances if we have no european footy or a poor leauge standing  :roll:

Heard it all now.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #372: Mar 13, 2012 07:11:29 pm
      But they paid him up right? it kind of blows out the water what you posted about not paying up the contract.

Must be pissed at us fans costing them a couple of million? mind you they did get us on the cheap ;)
      I am looking at how they are running our club, they have been paying a large percentage of players wages who are not here some of these players would have improved the squad IMO, it is possible Meireles left because they would not pay him more money, they have employed a financial manager as a managing director and we have been without a PR manager for 6 months.

They are trying to run this club on the cheap, so IMO they would not sack a major figure unless they were forced to   
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #373: Mar 13, 2012 07:12:51 pm
      So for arguments sake he finishes 10th this season, is in 15th next they wouldn't let him go because they don't want to waste a few million? I think they are more ruthless business men than that to be honest. They will make whatever decision they feel is best for their company.

Note; if Kenny was he in that position and felt he couldn't move us forward he would walk without a payoff.

When does his contract run out ?
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #374: Mar 13, 2012 07:18:42 pm
      Ha ha , the club wont sack kenny because they dont want to pay his contract off but if will keep kenny if we are poor in the league which wont be detrimental to club finances if we have no european footy or a poor leauge standing  :roll:

Heard it all now.
      If they had sacked Roy earlier we might off qualified for Europe last year, why didn't they sack Roy when it was obvious to everyone that he was not up to the job
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #375: Mar 13, 2012 07:19:23 pm
      Quote from racerx34
      I think a lot of posters, myself included, get angry/frustrated because we saw what Rafa was trying to do with regards to the youth system and feel that, given the time and money, he would have won us the league. In saying that we have Kenny now and that in itself brings an opportunity I thought I'd never have, to see Kenny at the helm.

What we need to remember is that Kenny will need time to rebuild things his way. No doubt some of us, myself include, still feel some anger towards the previous owners for throwing out, what we perceived to be, the right man for the job.

The football pundit had 6 years here to get it right. I don't want him back. It seems like no other club want him either. Best place for him these days is analysing classic games between the likes of Burkina Faso and Angola for Eurosport. He might even spot a talent there.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #376: Mar 13, 2012 07:21:48 pm
      The football pundit had 6 years here to get it right. I don't want him back. It seems like no other club want him either. Best place for him these days is analysing classic games between the likes of Burkina Faso and Angola for Eurosport. He might even spot a talent there.

Ya couldnt be like he could spot talent anyway, Mascherano Lucas Agger Alonso Reina Skrtel Torres Johnson were all rubbish werent they.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #377: Mar 13, 2012 07:23:49 pm

And he did get it right for 5 of those 6 years. Problem was people like you had the ignorance to believe the gobs***e media and allowed them to feed off the negative energy created by the anti-Rafa brigade.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #378: Mar 13, 2012 07:29:04 pm
      I am looking at how they are running our club, they have been paying a large percentage of players wages who are not here some of these players would have improved the squad IMO, it is possible Meireles left because they would not pay him more money, they have employed a financial manager as a managing director and we have been without a PR manager for 6 months.

They are trying to run this club on the cheap, so IMO they would not sack a major figure unless they were forced to   

Ok... That's your opinion and your entitled to it.

Don't agree at all though.

Kenny has two years left after this season by the way.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #379: Mar 14, 2012 12:33:48 am
      Ok... That's your opinion and your entitled to it.

Don't agree at all though.

Kenny has two years left after this season by the way.

The difference between Roy and Kenny is simple in the eyes of the owners.

Roy was not they're choice

Kenny was they're choice

Take away everything else in regards to paying off contracts etc and thats what it comes down to.

They had no commitment to Roy Hodgson when they purchased the club, they made a long term commitment to Kenny.

Anybody making more of it than that is just fishing.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #380: Mar 14, 2012 01:05:26 am
      Quote from corballyred
      Ya couldnt be like he could spot talent anyway, Mascherano Lucas Agger Alonso Reina Skrtel Torres Johnson were all rubbish werent they.

8 good players so. That's a 10% success rate. Only 60-odd Josemis, Kronkamps, Nunezs, Rodriguezs, Sissokos, Rieras etc left. He even managed to spot Gary Barry. Thankfully so did Manchester City. Unfortunately, we lost one of his "talents" as a direct result of it, with terrible consequences on the pitch. Kenny now has all that damage to repair, and it's not an easy job, he has to be given the time to do it.

Quote from Red Barrovian
      And he did get it right for 5 of those 6 years. Problem was people like you had the ignorance to believe the gobs***e media and allowed them to feed off the negative energy created by the anti-Rafa brigade.

No he didn't. No league title in any of those 6 years, after all the private and public bustups with players, chairmen, boards, assistant coaches, and anyone else who didn't agree with his vision of where we should go along the way. He was and is a divisive figure with not just this club but all the clubs he has coached and the fans, and so is not coaching anymore. Leave him to his commentating and his punditry.

I take it tonight's planned "march" never got past the starting point. Kenny is here until he says otherwise.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #381: Mar 14, 2012 01:07:31 am
      How many seasons he's been in charge? 6? 20?

Give it a rest. One season already we got one trophy.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #382: Mar 14, 2012 01:15:23 am
      What exactly is wrong with Maxi who we bought for 1.5 million and sissoko who we bought for 6million and sold for 9million.  In relation to riera Rafa wanted Silva and got riera instead due to having owners like hicks and gillette. This argument has being done to death. Your view points matches the British medias so well done
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #383: Mar 14, 2012 01:32:39 am
      Would u people choose Rafa or Kenny if you had god's power?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #384: Mar 14, 2012 01:40:47 am
      How is Fowler's ability to score going to help us?
      ;)
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #385: Mar 14, 2012 01:54:24 am
      Quote from corballyred link
      Your view points matches the British medias so well done

The media didn't lose at home to Barnsley or Reading, or draw at home to Wigan or Stoke or Birmingham etc, or lose to a club in administration, or sell off almost every forward we had, or blow two European competitions as top seeds at home in the one season.

We know who did. All the media did was print the results.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #386: Mar 14, 2012 02:00:44 am
      They are trying to run this club on the cheap
      Ridiculous comment. 
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #387: Mar 14, 2012 02:02:00 am
      You are on a wind up are you. Rafa made us the number 1 team in europe and bought us the best striker in europe when no one else would take a risk on him.

Mate Utd have being beaten by basle crystal palace and blackburn this season and they are still going for the title should they sack Ferguson even though they are still going for the title.

For one thing your on the wrong thread to discuss this another thing your argument is really really weak at least some other critics of him on here put a better argument across.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #388: Mar 14, 2012 02:19:28 am
      The media didn't lose at home to Barnsley or Reading, or draw at home to Wigan or Stoke or Birmingham etc, or lose to a club in administration, or sell off almost every forward we had, or blow two European competitions as top seeds at home in the one season.

We know who did. All the media did was print the results.

:lmao: Nice one mate, go back to Red Cafe now, will you?
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #389: Mar 14, 2012 02:26:05 am
      Quote from corballyred
      You are on a wind up are you.

For one thing your on the wrong thread to discuss this another thing your argument is really really weak at least some other critics of him on here put a better argument across.

I'm not on a wind up, I'm showing you some basic facts of his reign. You think it's all a media conspiracy. If he's as good as he's made out to be, then he wouldn't be analysing teams now, he would be coaching them. But he's not, and he isn't. That's not a media conspiracy, that's another fact, harsh as it may be to some.

As regards the "wrong thread", plenty of posters brought him up in it, long before I did. He's gone, and people simply have to get used to a post-Rafa LFC, not look forward to his return. Kenny has won 6 trophies here, Rafa won 2 in 6 years. Kenny can stay.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #390: Mar 14, 2012 02:33:20 am
      Because hicks and Gillette decided to sack him he is not a good manager is he.  Interesting that. Your facts as you call them shows F**k all what we didn't beat reading and we beat Utd 4-1 at old trafford did you forget that one.  An interesting fact for people like you Rafa had a higher win rate in his six years at the club than both wenger and Ferguson had in their first six years at Utd and arsenal. If you want to discuss Rafa im willing to do so in his thread. Find it hard though how any Liverpool fan has a dislike of the man

Quick Reply