Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Kenny's future if top 4 is not secured.

Read 24594 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Re: Kenny's future if top 4 is not secured.
      Reply #391: Mar 14, 2012 02:34:31 am
      I'm not on a wind up, I'm showing you some basic facts of his reign. You think it's all a media conspiracy. If he's as good as he's made out to be, then he wouldn't be analysing teams now, he would be coaching them. But he's not, and he isn't. That's not a media conspiracy, that's another fact, harsh as it may be to some.

As regards the "wrong thread", plenty of posters brought him up in it, long before I did. He's gone, and people simply have to get used to a post-Rafa LFC, not look forward to his return. Kenny has won 6 trophies here, Rafa won 2 in 6 years. Kenny can stay.

Do us a favour lad, we've had a boss win tonight against the blueshite and you start this sh*t up about Rafa, I've done it to death and i'm sick of divvies like you who want to drag down a man who won this club a European Cup.

Maybe because you're across the water you don't get the love some of us have for the man, especially those of a young age that weren't able to experience the boss European Cup nights the first time around, but now thanks to Rafa they have!

Rafa is adopted scouse, so as a scouser I'm gonna still say he was good for the club.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #392: Mar 14, 2012 02:40:48 am
      Do us a favour lad, we've had a boss win tonight against the blueshite and you start this sh*t up about Rafa, I've done it to death and i'm sick of divvies like you who want to drag down a man who won this club a European Cup.

Maybe because you're across the water you don't get the love some of us have for the man, especially those of a young age that weren't able to experience the boss European Cup nights the first time around, but now thanks to Rafa they have!

Rafa is adopted scouse, so as a scouser I'm gonna still say he was good for the club.
      I'm from across the water and i understand exactly why he's loved

It's these kind off fans who really piss me off if Rafa had the support that Kenny has been given from FSG he would have built on that second place finish,champions league win,Fa Cup win.

Instead he was forced to do deals with clubs that owed us money,forced to wait to long to snap up his targets.You should read Brian Reade's book "An Epic Swindle" it will open your eyes at how Rafa was treated and how he fought for the club during our darkest period.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #393: Mar 14, 2012 02:58:26 am
      Quote from corballyred
      Your facts as you call them shows F**k all what we didn't beat reading and we beat Utd 4-1 at old trafford did you forget that one.

No, 4-1 wins there are not forgotten. Neither are the other 5 league games he lost there.

An interesting fact for people like you Rafa had a higher win rate in his six years at the club than both wenger and Ferguson had in their first six years at Utd and arsenal.

That means little tbh. He had 6 years, he won nothing in the last four. That couldn't continue, and it didn't. The trophy famine is now over.

Quote from HUYTON RED
      we've had a boss win tonight against the blueshite and you start this sh*t up about Rafa

Again I didn't start it up, I simply replied to those who want him back. 

I've done it to death and you who want to drag down a man who won this club a European Cup.

I wasn't able to experience the European nights first time around either, but fortunately I am old enough to remember us winning league championships, the most important competition of the lot. I hoped Rafa could deliver it in more recent times. Unfortunately he couldn't, and he had more than enough shots at it. Winning the European Cup was a great achievement which will always be treasured, but that wasn't quite the full picture of his time here.

Rafa off the pitch I don't have an issue with. I admire and respect the work he did for and in the community. Rafa on the pitch, I have more than a few issues with.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #394: Mar 14, 2012 03:02:58 am
      Pretty clear your lack of respect for the man no matter how you try to dress it up in that post. Strange after we beating everton three nil your in Kennys thread hoping off Rafa.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #395: Mar 14, 2012 03:13:05 am
      No, 4-1 wins there are not forgotten. Neither are the other 5 league games he lost there.

That means little tbh. He had 6 years, he won nothing in the last four. That couldn't continue, and it didn't. The trophy famine is now over.

Again I didn't start it up, I simply replied to those who want him back. 

I wasn't able to experience the European nights first time around either, but fortunately I am old enough to remember us winning league championships, the most important competition of the lot. I hoped Rafa could deliver it in more recent times. Unfortunately he couldn't, and he had more than enough shots at it. Winning the European Cup was a great achievement which will always be treasured, but that wasn't quite the full picture of his time here.

Rafa off the pitch I don't have an issue with. I admire and respect the work he did for and in the community. Rafa on the pitch, I have more than a few issues with.

Seen them win league championships too, but he's still the only Liverpool manager since Dalglish to come close to winning the league. Even more so than Houllier!

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #396: Mar 14, 2012 03:21:06 am
      The football pundit had 6 years here to get it right. I don't want him back. It seems like no other club want him either. Best place for him these days is analysing classic games between the likes of Burkina Faso and Angola for Eurosport. He might even spot a talent there.

Rafa has his own thread, see no reason to carry on a rant against the man in Kenny's thread; it has no place here.

As for the man himself he has did a lot of the club under extreme circumstances and continues to do a lot for his adopted city.

While people most prefer Kenny to be where he is now even Rafa pundits on this board show the man respect for what he has done, so while we may all disagree at times we all appreciate him as a person and former manager.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #397: Mar 14, 2012 03:23:39 am
      I'm not on a wind up, I'm showing you some basic facts of his reign. You think it's all a media conspiracy. If he's as good as he's made out to be, then he wouldn't be analysing teams now, he would be coaching them. But he's not, and he isn't. That's not a media conspiracy, that's another fact, harsh as it may be to some.

I thought he was unable to work for a while after his sacking, under the contract he signed at Inter Milan? That is what I was told anyway!

As for Kenny, he took Moyes to school today. All this sh*t about how great Moyes is, it has taken Kenny one full season to win more trophies than he has ever won at Everton in 10 F***ing years.

10 more years, 10 more years!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #398: Mar 14, 2012 03:28:10 am
      The guy just got what he wanted - people bothering to reply to him! ;D
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #399: Mar 14, 2012 03:43:36 am
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      Seen them win league championships too, but he's still the only Liverpool manager since Dalglish to come close to winning the league. Even more so than Houllier!

He is the closest pointswise, but not by much. Evans and Houllier came close as well. In fact Houllier also took it to within 8 days of the season finishing in 2002, while Roy took the fight to the last week in 1997. They also had to go when they did, as things had gone downhill too quickly.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #400: Mar 14, 2012 03:50:20 am
      He is the closest pointswise, but not by much. Evans and Houllier came close as well. In fact Houllier also took it to within 8 days of the season finishing in 2002, while Roy took the fight to the last week in 1997. They also had to go when they did, as things had gone downhill too quickly.

This is not the time or the place, if you're not here on a wind up then drop it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #401: Mar 14, 2012 06:04:59 pm

Oh F**k off dickhead and you're F***ing wrong about the eight days and the last week in 97 what F***ing drugs are you on softarse, cos I want some. 1997 - would that be fourth in a two horse race!! you mean 96 and that ended at Coventry just after the 4-3 against the Geordies. As for 2002 can't you F***ing remember the quote "Ten games from greatness." Then cue us losing to Tottenham and the league going tits up. Rafa's team in 09 would of torn Evo's team a new arsehole and would of beaten Houllier's team. MASSIVE BIG F***ing FACT.

Now F***ing do one!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #402: Mar 14, 2012 06:12:47 pm
      ^ ^ ^ ^

What Huyton said.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #403: Mar 14, 2012 06:17:46 pm
      Oh f**k off dickhead and you're f**king wrong about the eight days and the last week in 97 what f**king drugs are you on softarse, cos I want some. 1997 - would that be fourth in a two horse race!! you mean 96 and that ended at Coventry just after the 4-3 against the Geordies. As for 2002 can't you f**king remember the quote "Ten games from greatness." Then cue us losing to Tottenham and the league going tits up. Rafa's team in 09 would of torn Evo's team a new arsehole and would of beaten Houllier's team. MASSIVE BIG F***ing FACT.

Now f**king do one!

Muhahahahaha....
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #404: Mar 14, 2012 06:20:30 pm
      Well said sir!
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #405: Mar 14, 2012 06:52:50 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      Oh you're wrong about the eight days and the last week in 97. 1997 - would that be fourth in a two horse race!! you mean 96 and that ended at Coventry just after the 4-3 against the Geordies.

No I don't mean 96. In 97, the title race ended at Wimbledon on a Tuesday night, our last game was the following Sunday, ergo same week. We went from second to fourth after the last game of the season.

I stand corrected on 2002. The result at Spurs came just 7 days before the last game of the season.

Rafa's team in 09 would of torn Evo's team a new arsehole and would of beaten Houllier's team. MASSIVE BIG FACT.

No it isn't. Neither coach won the league.
      « Last Edit: Mar 14, 2012 07:06:15 pm by lfc across the water »
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #406: Mar 14, 2012 07:10:13 pm
      Kenny will be our manager next season no matter what and rightly so we're not Chelsea.
      Last night was awesome one of those nights that stays with you forever twatting the bitter
      no marks was so special.
      Kenny as usual kept his nerve and kept his belief and thats what we all need to do too.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #407: Mar 14, 2012 07:14:32 pm
      Kenny will be our manager next season no matter what and rightly so we're not Chelsea.
      Last night was awesome one of those nights that stays with you forever twatting the bitter
      no marks was so special.
      Kenny as usual kept his nerve and kept his belief and thats what we all need to do too.

I agree lad, i just cant belief thats its even being discussed..
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #408: Mar 14, 2012 07:25:04 pm
      Kenny will stay as long as he has his support staff doing the right things... On the pitch he is responsible for coaching our football philosophy, which we can see is taking shape.

Now his support team are the trainers, reserve team and youth team coaches, Clarke and more importantly our Director of Football Comolli. If Comolli can recruit better quality players, then Kenny will deliver better results on the field. It s clear that these players admire and respect him, similarly he has the backing of the fans.

I just hope that he learns from this season's "buy English" philosophy and instead request that Comolli casts his net wider to reach those players who would die to play for LFC and secondly those players who have the obvious talent and ability.
      We dont need to buy a Messi or Ronaldo to win the league... we need hungry players with ability and desire to succeed at LFC. I also think that Kenny has the opportunity to take a chance on a few of our younger players and with some luck we could see the next generation of Gerrard's Maccas, Owens or Fowlers being unearthed... we should see at least 1-2 breaking through every season in order to be sustainable.

If Kenny can get all these parts together, he could be here for a very long time similar to Wenger and Fergie.

alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #409: Mar 15, 2012 04:08:46 am
      Kenny won't be sacked that's for sure. But if by the next season we have not improved, only then, I guess the owners will think about sacking him. We cannot decide now, the season needs to be over before we can decide if the season was good or not.  for me, the season is not a failure at the moment. It will be a failure only if we fail to reach top 4 AND we continue to play like amateurs at times and lose to small teams. If we finish this season as the last one, there's no way I won't be happy.

For me'it doesn't matter which position we finish as long as we play good football and that we win the match in which we're clear favorites.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #410: Mar 15, 2012 09:43:20 am
      I've said it before, if Kenny doesn't feel he is taking is in the right direction then he won't need to be sacked, but he will feel like me that he is taking us the right way, I have not one doubt about that.

I don't like the attitude of, us having the devine right to beat so called " smaller teams".. We in my opinion should look to win every game we play especially at Anfield because of who we are but we don't have a devine right to do so, the other side will come to Anfield and 90% will try to stop us playing and all teams now are fitter than they ever have been and work at closing space in front of us and it's up to us to learn how to break them down, or as in the case this season take chances that we create, because in the vast majority of games we have created plenty to win them.. If we were playing poor and not winning i could understand the reaction somewhat but I can't understand the massive over reaction to the football we have played for the most part this season.

Frustrating yes but deserving of some of the critism we have had from our own? Out of order.
      I like to think that as knowledgable fans we can appreciate both sides of the game and give credit where credit is due like at the Swansea game when the whole of Anfield stood to applaud then rather than overly criticise us..

It's not a new thing by the way, how many frustrating games at Anfield did we have under Rafa? Not bringing him into this but just pointing out the likes of Hull and Stoke in 08-09..

We are not far off, this side is learning and with the addition of a couple of fresh faces and a full season playing together will I'm sure not repeat the same mistakes as often next season.

We have played some great football this season..
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #411: Mar 15, 2012 09:49:58 am
      We have drawn against blackburn Qpr swansea sunderland norwich at home. Not a divine right but you really should be beating them teams at anfield.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #412: Mar 15, 2012 10:04:39 am
      We have drawn against blackburn Qpr swansea sunderland norwich at home. Not a divine right but you really should be beating them teams at anfield.

Not the point I'm making Corb, I said I expect to beat them but I don't turn up thinking, we will breeze these no hopers aside like some feel we have the right to. And we did enough to win 3 of those games, next season I don't think we make the same mistakes, we are a new side and a full season together will make us better as a unit.

Also we beat QPR...

Quick Reply