Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Kenny's future if top 4 is not secured.

Read 25054 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Kenny's future if top 4 is not secured.
      Reply #46: Mar 10, 2012 08:10:12 pm
      Wasn't really looking for personal opinions on what people want to happen when I started the thread and I think that has been lost somewhat.

The thread was started on a perspective of Kenny and Henry and Werner and co.

Meaning if Kenny thought that he had failed in securing 4th, would he hand over the reigns ?

Will FSG consider not securing 4th a failure and look to part company with Kenny ?

Bearing in mind both Kenny and Henry have said failing to secure 4th could only be seen as a failure ?

So lets have a discussion on your opinions on that as your general opinions on how you feel personally about Kenny being able to continue in his role can be discussed in the Kenny Dalglish Thread.

Backtrack!

Clarified.
      « Last Edit: Mar 10, 2012 08:38:28 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #47: Mar 10, 2012 08:10:19 pm

“It’s too early for us to start talking about winning the league,” said Henry. “In my opinion Manchester United (are the team to beat). They have a good squad and look good.

“Our main goal is to qualify for the Champions League. If we don’t it would be a major disappointment.”

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #48: Mar 10, 2012 08:11:24 pm
      Played semi pro as Ive said numerous times on here, I know when a player is not putting it in and there was a few players today that didnt break a sweat. People try and stop Barc playing as well you know. It is about how hard you work and we didnt work very hard today
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #49: Mar 10, 2012 08:11:30 pm

“It’s too early for us to start talking about winning the league,” said Henry. “In my opinion Manchester United (are the team to beat). They have a good squad and look good.

“Our main goal is to qualify for the Champions League. If we don’t it would be a major disappointment.”

Fine but id like to think he has learnt about the game since then............. Its not that easy.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #50: Mar 10, 2012 08:12:42 pm
      Played semi pro as Ive said numerous times on here, I know when a player is not putting it in and there was a few players today that didnt break a sweat. People try and stop Barc playing as well you know. It is about how hard you work and we didnt work very hard today

Yep, 11 David Batty's and we win today...

Talk sense lad..
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #51: Mar 10, 2012 08:12:44 pm
      Maybe not knee jerk then................... Just utter bollocks and premeditated, want to told you so attitude.

Not responding to what I see, how exactly is it utter bollocks you hardly keep needing me to actually remind you how poor we have being in the league.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #52: Mar 10, 2012 08:13:58 pm
      Yep, 11 David Batty's and we win today...

Talk sense lad..

What sort of sh*te is that. You have to work hard and earn the right to play. No team is going to lie down and let you play. And today we didnt work hard enough.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #53: Mar 10, 2012 08:15:48 pm
      Maybe not knee jerk then................... Just utter bollocks and premeditated, want to told you so attitude.

Been there, done that, got the two week ban. Don't get sucked in kid.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #54: Mar 10, 2012 08:16:20 pm

Exactly where have I back tracked mate ?

I suggest you read the opening post as it was all about the perspective of Kenny and FSG

I put that I felt Kenny should be afforded the same time as Evans, Houllier and Rafa just to show it wasn't a knee jerk thread, which its not, I'd say I'm probably one of the least Knee jerkers on this forum

I opened the thread because I seen one or two comments following the match thread and it reminded me of both Kenny's and Henry's comments and thats the discussion I was trying to encourage.

The perspective of Kenny and FSG not our own personal feelings.

If your having a problem understanding that mate, that's your problem not mine.

some of us fans may feel Kenny is beyond reproach to some extent

But do FSG and Kenny himself ?

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #55: Mar 10, 2012 08:24:59 pm
      What sort of sh*te is that. You have to work hard and earn the right to play. No team is going to lie down and let you play. And today we didnt work hard enough.

Why are we talking about todays match when there is a match thread ?

Lets have some comments on how you think Kenny or FSG will react to not finishing 4th.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #56: Mar 10, 2012 08:25:10 pm

I suggest you read the opening post as it was all about the perspective of Kenny and FSG

I put that I felt Kenny should be afforded the same time as Evans, Houllier and Rafa just to show it wasn't a knee jerk thread, which its not, I'd say I'm probably one of the least Knee jerkers on this forum

I opened the thread because I seen one or two comments following the match thread and it reminded me of both Kenny's and Henry's comments and thats the discussion I was trying to encourage.

some of us fans may feel Kenny is beyond reproach to some extent

But do FSG and Kenny himself ?

What the F**k?

Take a chill pill.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #57: Mar 10, 2012 08:25:22 pm
      Didn't see the game or listen to it so I'm not going comment on the performance but i couldn't believe the result. I hope that Kenny is in charge next season and is supported in the market but if he is we need to look at the quality of the player first regardless of age and nationality, don't think the english/premiership experience is working at all.

Think he will be given another season at least but only because of who he is to the club, i know that might upset some people but you have to ask your self if anyone else had been given the same funds and have the same results...what would the majority of the fans be saying/wanting!?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #58: Mar 10, 2012 08:25:38 pm

Maybe not backtracked but you could suggest you put it out there to get certain responses mate.

If you genuinely think that we should give Kenny time then there is no need to bring this up again.

I, like I said above would like to think that maybe they will realise it will take longer than a season to get a big return on the investment they made.. Seeing as they got us cheaply at that.

It doesn't happen overnight. No one can take away we have gone from the likes of Alonso, Macherano and Torres to Adam, Spearing and Carroll. ( all arguments of players void).

It will take time.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #59: Mar 10, 2012 08:26:38 pm

I'm chilled mate, just responding to your comment to add some clarity.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #60: Mar 10, 2012 08:27:38 pm
      Redblood has backed Kenny time and time again anyone that is on this forum regularly knows that, by creating this thread he wasnt questioning Kenny.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #61: Mar 10, 2012 08:29:40 pm
      Quote from RedLFCBlood
      So I thought I'd just throw it out there, what do you lot think will  happen ?

We just go on to next season.

Kenny is under no pressure, and cannot be fired, regardless of results. The idea that a Liverpool board would ever sack Kenny Dalglish, a Liverpool legend on and off the pitch, is inconceivable. He is there until the day he chooses to resign, and anyone who tries to will be "persuaded" not to, or else.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #62: Mar 10, 2012 08:29:45 pm
      Completely agree with you on many things Corbally and Barcelona work harder than anyone on the pitch, the movement all over the park is a joy to watch and what sets them aside from almost anyone else. Today our movement was like watching a forest sway in the wind apart from Suarez, Kelly and Enrique who at least looked like they gave a sh*t.

The reason you're singled out is many of your comments have an undertone to them that seems to try to stir support for a Kenny Out! campaign and exactly why I've questioned your loyalty to him (not LFC as I don't doubt that at all) in the past. You're surprisingly quiet when we win and incredibly vocal when we lose which I do understand to an extent but not to such a consistant basis. So as much as I agree with you wholeheartedly on player threads such as Adam and Carroll your comments often raise suspicion as to ulterior motives behind them.

Putting myself in Kenny's position, despite signing what may prove to be a shocking set of players you still have to have the courage of your convictions and playing his signings is really his only option until you get to the point at which you can change things, namely this summer. So I would give Kenny another summer at least to get things right and hopefully move on some of the less successful signings and I have 100% faith that if things aren't working out the way he envisages come next May he'll walk rather than be pushed because I doubt there's many who love this club as much as he does.

He's earned my respect, faith and loyalty and anyone who actively seeks to get him out after such a short period should question their own position as a fan or simply a glory hunter IKWT.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #63: Mar 10, 2012 08:30:49 pm
      We just go on to next season.

Kenny is under no pressure, and cannot be fired, regardless of results. The idea that a Liverpool board would ever sack Kenny Dalglish, a Liverpool legend on and off the pitch, is inconceivable. He is there until the day he chooses to resign.

See Kenny being a legend should be nothing to do with it, it should be how we are getting on on the pitch.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #64: Mar 10, 2012 08:32:15 pm
      Maybe not backtracked but you could suggest you put it out there to get certain responses mate.

No mate I put it out there to see how people think John Henry and FSG will react or how Kenny will react.

It was supposed to encourage debate on those two subjects, nothing else.

Would just be nice to know how users felt our owners or Kenny would react, because to be honest I haven't a F***ing clue.

I'd hope both Kenny and FSG have the same faith in the project that I have.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #65: Mar 10, 2012 08:34:44 pm
      Completely agree with you on many things Corbally and Barcelona work harder than anyone on the pitch, the movement all over the park is a joy to watch and what sets them aside from almost anyone else. Today our movement was like watching a forest sway in the wind apart from Suarez, Kelly and Enrique who at least looked like they gave a sh*t.

The reason you're singled out is many of your comments have an undertone to them that seems to try to stir support for a Kenny Out! campaign and exactly why I've questioned your loyalty to him (not LFC as I don't doubt that at all) in the past. You're surprisingly quiet when we win and incredibly vocal when we lose which I do understand to an extent but not to such a consistant basis. So as much as I agree with you wholeheartedly on player threads such as Adam and Carroll your comments often raise suspicion as to ulterior motives behind them.

Putting myself in Kenny's position, despite signing what may prove to be a shocking set of players you still have to have the courage of your convictions and playing his signings is really his only option until you get to the point at which you can change things, namely this summer. So I would give Kenny another summer at least to get things right and hopefully move on some of the less successful signings and I have 100% faith that if things aren't working out the way he envisages come next May he'll walk rather than be pushed because I doubt there's many who love this club as much as he does.

He's earned my respect, faith and loyalty and anyone who actively seeks to get him out after such a short period should question their own position as a fan or simply a glory hunter IKWT.

Obviously when we win which hasnt being a lot this year, I post less because I'm happier, that is human nature and is not just me. Ive come on here many time after a win and the place is very quiet. I wont lie I'm raging tonight I need somewhere to get out the frustrations.

In relation to Kenny out, I gave my opinion, I would like him to be given till Christmas next season, if there is no improvement then obviously questions would have to be asked.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #66: Mar 10, 2012 08:39:49 pm
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #67: Mar 10, 2012 08:41:59 pm
      It ok you saying that Daz but seriously did you think starting a thread like this would provoke those responses? Seriously?

I hoped so yes mate, the vast majority in here do have more intelligence than your local Man Utd fan. ;D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #68: Mar 10, 2012 08:44:38 pm
      This is a forum debate should be encouraged why this is a good thread, havent seen anyone yet say sack kenny yet on the forum unlike Rawk.

Quick Reply