Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Cheltenham Festival 2012

Read 2247 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Cheltenham Festival 2012
      Mar 11, 2012 11:10:44 am
      A true sporting high
      The Festival at Cheltenham is the shining jewel in Jump racing's crown. It is four days of magic, madness and magnificence, played out on a stage framed by the breathtaking vista of the Cotswold Hills.

It features a cast of the best horses, jockeys and trainers playing to an audience of 220,000, all of who are determined to have the time of their lives. For racing's professionals, victory at The Festival is how greatness is measured and how careers are defined. Witness the sheer elation of winning connections as they return to the cheers of the crowd and you are seeing dreams fulfilled and years of planning and effort coming to fruition. The Festival is one of those rare events that exude pleasure, passion and fun in equal measure. For anyone who appreciates top class sport and the opportunity to share a special experience with like-minded people, it truly is a life affirming four days.

Champion Day Tue 13th March

The famous roar as the tapes rise for the first race on Tuesday signals the moment when the 12 month wait is over and racing’s favourite fixture is back.

Ladies Day Wed 14th March

Wednesday at The Festival is Ladies Day, giving you an opportunity to have some fun with our Ladies Day fashion awards.

St Patrick's Thursday Thu 15th March

A real Irish flavour to this day is guaranteed, as we celebrate St Patrick’s Day a couple of days early! The racing is as competitive as ever, with Big Buck’s attempting to win the Ladbrokes World Hurdle for an unprecedented fourth year in a row.

Cheltenham Gold Cup Day Fri 16th March

The climax of the entire Jump racing season is the Betfred Cheltenham Gold Cup, the highlight of arguably the best day’s racing of the year, with an atmosphere to match.
      http://www.cheltenham.co.uk/fixtures/the-festival/

I'm not the biggest of gamblers and not a huge fan of Horse Racing. But only for 51 weeks a year.

I've really got into Cheltenham over the last couple of years (Alberta's Run has put some beer on the table for me which does help) and I'm really looking forward to this week.

With a Merseyside Derby and a Paddy's Day whilst its going on its a guarentee I'll be hated by the Mrs before Friday night.

Whilst I'm securing my 'bin-bagged' status throughout the week it would be good if we could share tips, wins, losses etc on here.

I will be on the piss in Liverpool City Centre every day this week if anybody's around also.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Re: Cheltenham Festival 2012
      Reply #1: Mar 12, 2012 03:12:53 pm
      Hurricane Fly & Quevega double for tomorrow. Carrickboy each way at 5.15 tomorrow worth a look.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Cheltenham Festival 2012
      Reply #2: Mar 15, 2012 01:00:55 pm
      Hoping Albertas Run can balance the books for me today.

Got 3 of Mccoys so hopefully he'll have a decent day.

Quick Reply