Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Favourite LFC memory

Read 5376 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Favourite LFC memory
      Reply #23: Aug 01, 2008 09:44:11 am
      Definitely has to be the final in Istanbul!!

I have never seen such a comeback ever, and all the emotions I went through that whole day and night I can still remember.

And then the next season, when we reached the FA Cup Final and we came back from that and ended up winning it, brought all those Istanbul memories back. It was great!!
      I agree wth you 100% 'cos comebacks are great vs milan & West ham!!! :D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Your favourite Liverpool memories/moments?
      Reply #24: Mar 16, 2012 12:29:47 pm
      There are alot of fans on this forum of various ages whom have seen countless legends represent the Red shirt but what are the top three moments/memories that remain for you? It can be a goal, a game, a trophy win, a moment or just something that you always remember.

When it comes to Liverpool, the three I always remember until today, since becoming a fan ..

1) Istanbul 2005

Enough said. What a night. Woke up at 2.30 am and probably went to bed at 6 am and I had school at 7.30! Have to admit I almost turned off the TV and almost went to bed after the first half  :lmao:

2) FA Cup Final 2006

The Steven Gerrard final. Still can't believe how he scored that 35 yarder in the 90th minute when we were trailing 2 goals to 3. Thinking of this, reminds me of the final the year before.

3) 2008/2009 season

Didn't pay much attention to the game in the early 2000s so never really got to see us win the treble and finish runners up in the league.

Best midfield in the world with the best forward in the world, led by one of the best managers in the world. Had some nice results (4-1 against United at OT and 5-0 aggregate win over Real Madrid) as well. 2008/2009 was definitely one season i enjoyed the most but/even though we won nothing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #25: Mar 16, 2012 12:42:33 pm
      Best, greatest and most proudest memory for me would be the 1989 Cup final, the emotional singing of the cup final hymn Abide With Me left me, even as a 11/12 year old, with a lump in my throat and left a lot of reds around me in tears. Add to that the most breathtaking YNWA by both Liverpool and Everton fans which was so loud you couldn't even hear the national anthem.

And that's before we start on Rushie beating Dixie Dean's record.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #26: Mar 16, 2012 01:04:23 pm
      In terms of just a regular league game, it has to be Liverpool 4-1 Man United. Including tournaments as well, obviously Istanbul.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #27: Mar 16, 2012 01:44:19 pm
      Apart from istanbul. It was back in 96 I think, where I had the best few days as a LFC fan. My mate worked as part of Cornwall & Devon Supporters branch, and an hour before making the trip to watch the FA Semi final against Villa at Scum Trafford he called off sick. So I got the call to go for free while also helping out a bit. Great game. Fowlers volley topped it off!! My mate was still sick for the Newcastle match 3 days later so once again I filled in and went for free. 4-3, it was THAT game. So what a few days I had and all for free. I would have paid a fortune for it.
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #28: Mar 16, 2012 01:46:02 pm
      3 - Juve at Anfield quarter final 05. Stunning goals and big Euro night occasion atmosphere.

2 - Chelsea at Anfield semi final 05. Chelsea were big favourites if I remember right due to being invincible in the league and it doesn't get much bigger than a Champions League semi final win at Anfield and aginst Mourinho too.

1 - Istanbul 05. The pinnacle of club football. Absolutely gutted at half time to the maddest celebrations that followed from every goal half time onwards. You could probably write a book as to how big this was for Liverpool Football Club.

Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #29: Mar 16, 2012 01:53:15 pm
      Although we have had some fantastic games and tremendous results through the years I consider myself lucky to have been one of the thousands who experienced the last day of the famous Kop in 94 , seeing all those legends at the same time and the atmosphere although always special was something else on that day, will take that memory with me to the grave

YNWA  :) :) :) :)

Last Day of the Kop 1994

Brings a tear watching this and good choice. Remember this really well.

Just an out pouring of emotion and a great send off.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,169 posts | 520 
      Reply #30: Mar 16, 2012 05:11:48 pm
      Well lads and lasses,I'm new to the forum and was wondering what to say for my first post when I saw this topic. My favourite live memory has to be at Wembley for the 74 Cup final. Very special as I was only young and went on my own. Managed to get a ticket (£1-00 those were the days  ;D ) and not being from Liverpool didnt know what end I would end up in.

Luckily it was the right end,and was probably one of the most one sided finals ever. One of the things that made it great was,all week we had to read in the papers what Supermac was going to do to us, and he looked a mug on the day.
      Sad as it turned out, that it was to be Shanks last game in charge. Seem to remember Alec Lindsay scoring a great goal that was ruled out for offside.

Top favourite memory (not being there) has to be Istanbul as many others have said.
      Is there anyone else on here who went to Elland road (pre prem) in I think it was the early nineties when we were 4-0 up at half time,and hanging on at the end for a 5-4 win ? That was close to being my first choice.

Hope to be joining in a lot. Cheers.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #31: Mar 16, 2012 06:53:47 pm
      Well lads and lasses,I'm new to the forum and was wondering what to say for my first post when I saw this topic. My favourite live memory has to be at Wembley for the 74 Cup final. Very special as I was only young and went on my own. Managed to get a ticket (£1-00 those were the days  ;D ) and not being from Liverpool didnt know what end I would end up in.

Luckily it was the right end,and was probably one of the most one sided finals ever. One of the things that made it great was,all week we had to read in the papers what Supermac was going to do to us, and he looked a mug on the day.
      Sad as it turned out, that it was to be Shanks last game in charge. Seem to remember Alec Lindsay scoring a great goal that was ruled out for offside.

Top favourite memory (not being there) has to be Istanbul as many others have said.
      Is there anyone else on here who went to Elland road (pre prem) in I think it was the early nineties when we were 4-0 up at half time,and hanging on at the end for a 5-4 win ? That was close to being my first choice.

Hope to be joining in a lot. Cheers.

That was the final that Motor Mouth Malcolm McDonald was going to tear us apart(only in the press)He could not live up to his predictions and was reduced to a third rate player.We took Newcastle apart that day.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32: Mar 17, 2012 11:02:48 am
      My favorite L.F.C. memory? Easy.

The whole game but in particular Tommy Smith's header 1:10 in... joyous memories:

Liverpool - Borussia Moenchengladbach 1977
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #33: Mar 17, 2012 11:46:04 am
      My Favourite LFC memory was watching Peter Beardsley lift the league Trophy in 1987/1988 was my favourite player at the time because he was a class act, just seeing his joyous bulb that day is something I'll always remember.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #34: Mar 17, 2012 03:18:33 pm
      My favourite is the double of 85/86 season. I went to a lot of games that season, more than any other season and I was at Chelsea when we won the title on the last day of the season and I was at Wembley when we won the Cup after being 1-0 at half time.

Winning the double was a bigger deal then than it is now. At the time it had only been done twice before in the modern era.
      bedsred
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 144 posts |
      • That's nice, that's McDermott and that's a goal
      Reply #35: Mar 17, 2012 08:29:56 pm
      Agree  with Bad boy '77 was superb Barry Davies' commentary still sends shivers down my spine (look at my picture text)

If I could pick another it would be the 85/86  double season run in and every game that i went to was massive particularly the:

FA Cup Q/F reply at Watford
      FA Cup Semi against Southampton at White Hart Lane
      The last day win at Chelsea to clinch the league
      A week later at Wembley to come from behind to beat the bitters 3-1 to complete the double

Happy Days!

[/quote]
      « Last Edit: Mar 17, 2012 09:04:15 pm by bedsred »
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #36: Mar 17, 2012 09:22:39 pm
      Agree  with Bad boy '77 was superb Barry Davies' commentary still sends shivers down my spine (look at my picture text)

If I could pick another it would be the 85/86  double season run in and every game that i went to was massive particularly the:

FA Cup Q/F reply at Watford
      FA Cup Semi against Southampton at White Hart Lane
      The last day win at Chelsea to clinch the league
      A week later at Wembley to come from behind to beat the bitters 3-1 to complete the double

Happy Days!

I have really happy memories of those 4 games you mentioned. I was at all 4 of them.  :)

I remember there being more Liverpool fans than Watford fans at the Q/F replay held at Vicarage Road on a Monday night.

For the semi-final at WHL I managed to get a ticket outside the ground at a slightly inflated price. Peter Shilton broke his leg that day and West Tip won the Grand National - I didn't back it, can't remember who I went for.

Chelsea gave us a whole end for that league decider. There were thousands of us there. The BBC footage showed us all going crazy when Kenny scored the only goal.

And then the final. What a day that was! We played poorly in the first half but really turned it on in the second after Brucie's acrobatic save to prevent Everton getting a second. I had a ticket in the Everton end but managed to do a swap outside. I was in the terraces at the Liverpool end, right behind the goal.

I'm feeling really nostalgic now.  :)

I had my LFC tattoo done a few days after the final. It is a club badge on my right upper arm with League Champions written above and FA Cup Winners 1985/86 written below the badge. It is looking rather smudged now through old age. It only cost me £10 - how times have changed.

Quick Reply