Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Men of the Match?

Jose Enrique
      (1.2%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (2%)
      Martin Kelly
      (13.9%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (65.3%)
      Jay Spearing
      (2.8%)
      Luis Suarez
      (9.6%)
      Andy Carroll
      (4.8%)
      Stewart Downing
      (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (0.4%)

Liverpool 3-0 Neverton: In game and Post Match Jubilation

Read 33258 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Neverton: In game and Post Match Jubilation
      Reply #621: Mar 14, 2012 07:32:44 am
      I remarked "Well that was easy" last night and the truth is it was but only down to an awful lot of hard work and movement from the four across the middle.

We sometimes see things differently and last night was probably a prime example of that. As D.L.S. often likes to stress, we win as a team, we lose as a team - last night I witnessed a great team effort... from our midfield. (in my opinion)

The two 'wide' lads worked their socks off tucking in; sometimes taking turns, often both at once. They cut down angles, chased everything, giving Everton no time and supporting Jay with numbers and an outlet which, in turn, allowed Stevie a licence to roam and support the front two.

Our football was, by far and away, superior - our players a cut above.

F***ing lovin' it.  ;D

AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #622: Mar 14, 2012 07:48:14 am
      I voted for Luis ad my motm, it was tough though as Gerrard, Enrique , Carra, Downing, Kelly and Spearo all played a blinder last night! Hope to see the same team out against Stoke and not that Adam lad for a few games
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #623: Mar 14, 2012 08:27:19 am
      I have no idea how he isn't England's Captain.
      The majority are completely mystified as to why he plays for them at all, he is not appreciated by the team or the predominately southern based 'fans'. 
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #624: Mar 14, 2012 09:32:51 am
      brilliant result, missed the game but watched the highlights. stevie showed again what attacking midfield play is about, i don't know anyone else better than him for this position in the country. what a way to mark his 400th game. the team looked to have played some great football though, with a lot of self belief and hunger. beggars belief why why can't have this week in week out.

very unselfish play by luis, and rest of the team looked spot on. dalglish has hell of a nice headache for the right back choice, we've got two of the best in the country.

still buzzing. great win lads.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #625: Mar 14, 2012 09:34:53 am
      Kelly was MOTM - Thought apart from the 3 goals - Gerrard was not particularly good.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #626: Mar 14, 2012 09:39:46 am
      Everyone was at it last night, not one poor performance.
      Reina did what he needed too including a couple of smart saves.
      Kelly was fantastic all night.
      Enrique had his best game for a while last night, when he is in that mood you just can't get past the lad.
      Carra was solid and didn't put a foot wrong.
      Skrtel kept up his fantastic dominating form.
      Henderson after a sluggish first 20 I thought played some lovely stuff up until he went off after that.
      Downing was more what we expected, trying to beat the man and get crosses in.
      Gerrard did ok  :f_tongueincheek:
      Spearing allowed Stevie freedom and got stuck in.
      Carroll did what we thought it said on the tin when we signed him, was a real handful all night.
      Suarez was great, was all over the front line and big Distin will be having nightmares about him.

Daft thing is we have played better than that this season but the luck hasn't gone with us or the bounce of the ball doesn't, like on the first goal when Kelly's shot comes off Howard, it got away from him and dropped to Stevie.. Too many times this year that would have not bounced from the keeper or if it had the shot would hit the bar.. Last night we got the goals the performance deserved and hopefully we start getting a bit more go for us within games.

The Kop from minute one showed what they think of the manager, couldn't be prouder of them.

More of the same Saturday lads.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #627: Mar 14, 2012 10:25:56 am
      My head hurts this morning...
      Thought Jay Spearing had his best game for us all round a better performance. I cant say anymore about Stevie but he cannot be replaced with money we had better hope we have a 15 or 16 year old coming through to replace him.
      I~f there is just one game I could win this would be it Everton at Anfield 3-0 it doesn't get better than that and the atmosphere was great last night too.Can't wait for Stoke now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #628: Mar 14, 2012 10:28:56 am
      forgot to mention Andy Carrol probably won more headers last night than he has done all season well done Andy you played your part.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #629: Mar 14, 2012 10:37:01 am
      Didnt get a chance to comment last night properly as i was on the piss. Gerrard carroll and luis where immense i thought. So happy kenny must have told gerrard to get into the box which is what we have missed. Everyone was brilliant long may it continue. Was bellamy injured?
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #630: Mar 14, 2012 10:57:43 am
      Really can't see Adam getting a sniff now for a while, nor does he deserve it. So much more fluid without him in there last night.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #631: Mar 14, 2012 11:28:08 am
      Got a head the size of Birkenhead but Totally agree with PD's assessment of last nights game.
      Thought Kelly was inspirational all night,he went forward at every oppertunity.
      Some may look at moyes team selection & making 6 changes to the team that has hit form,but I was confident of beating the bitters last night regardless of what team gollum put out, simply because class will always shine through and that's what Liverpool where last night.the sh*te  where outplayed,outfought,out thought and outclassed.LFC for life
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #632: Mar 14, 2012 11:40:28 am
      Really can't see Adam getting a sniff now for a while, nor does he deserve it. So much more fluid without him in there last night.

Agreed.  Spearing did a great job - gave Gerrard the freedom that he wouldn't have had with Adam.
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | 28 
      Reply #633: Mar 14, 2012 11:44:02 am
      The combination of Carroll, Suarez and Gerrard was really impressive and made us a constant meance in attack.  I hope the formation stays like this.
      LiverpoolForeza
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #634: Mar 14, 2012 11:54:51 am
      The combination of Carroll, Suarez and Gerrard was really impressive and made us a constant meance in attack.  I hope the formation stays like this.
      add downing and bellamy to it as well and we have a class attack up front :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #635: Mar 14, 2012 12:17:29 pm
      Voted for Gerrard as our MOTM (obviously), but since this time we could pick more than one player, I also gave Spearo a mention. Thought he was very good defensively, very intelligently covering for Gerrard and the fullbacks when needed. Being a good defensive midfielder is not just about tackling, you got to know where you're going to, especially when you're not playing in packed midfield of 3 or 4 as some clubs (such as Man City) do nowadays, and I thought Jay did it fantastically well. Martin Kelly was also superb.

That said, (and I don't want to be the 'negative b***ard' that says that, but I think it needs saying), their tactics did help us. Their midfield was wide open which gave Gerrard the chance of going forward a lot more than he could have done if Everton had played with an extra man in midfield - which is usually the receipt to frustrate us. Didn't Everton rest some players for the FA Cup as well? Well, it takes absolutely nothing from our performance, but does deserve a mention. 
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #636: Mar 14, 2012 12:48:37 pm
      Well that was a good game and occasion to get back home at 4am for.

It seemed like Everton had a lot of the ball last night but we were never in any real danger. We missed quite a few chances in the end so could have been 4 or 5.

Thought big Andy had a great game putting himself about, challenging for every header and some great passing from him. Spearing only seems to have 4 votes for MOTM but I thought he had a brilliant game. Suarez seemed to have a quiet game but his skill and class for 2 of the goals was top class. Stevie G's finishing and a hat trick in the derby on your 400th game from the captain. Well what more can you say?!

10 years - and you've won F.All :)

Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #637: Mar 14, 2012 01:06:39 pm
      Well, that was a walk in the park.

Wish I could've voted for more than 2 players in that poll!

Absolutelt superb, haven't enjoyed a match that much in a while.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #638: Mar 14, 2012 01:30:26 pm
      Sssshhhhhh. Ha haa nothin quite beats beating the sh*te!!!!

I have absolutely no recollation of posting this or any of the others posts I put out after it.

Still buzzin though.

3-0
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #639: Mar 14, 2012 01:30:51 pm
      Funny the way all of the blues in work have cried off today. Must have all contracted rabies, mongrel bas**rds.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #640: Mar 14, 2012 01:37:57 pm
      Just watched the match again and andy was great. he made space for stevie and luis to work their magic
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #641: Mar 14, 2012 01:44:08 pm
      Delighted with the welcome win. I agree with most that our performance was to some extent aided by the Everton tactics...... they tried to play football for once and that was the only advantage we needed.

We struggle against teams that pressure us from front to back not teams that play football, and as we showed last night and in most games against the genuinely top sides this season we can match and often beat teams that play football.

It is against the lesser sides the Sunderlands, the Stoke's etc who make up for their lack of talent with hard work, pressure, getting people behind the ball that we struggle with at the moment.   

But it was a fantastic performance and a great result that we sorely needed and a fantastic way to celebrate Gerrards 400th premier league game ...... and of course Moyes 10 years at Everton.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,010 posts | 3352 
      Reply #642: Mar 14, 2012 01:51:19 pm
      F***ing buzzing last night an still today. Been taking the piss out of every bitter I know and it'll continue for a few weeks yet.

We twatted them and deserved the win. The whole team looked sharp and seemed to link up well with one another. Kelly down the right was exceptional, Jay in the middle was once again top quality, Andy and Luis seem to get better and better every time they play together and of course Stevie was just outstanding.

Meant a lot that win did and hopefully it will be the catalyst to a right F***ing go at the end of the season.

Literally can't stop smiling right now.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #643: Mar 14, 2012 01:51:45 pm
      Thought everybody played well but we need to put this type of performance in more consistently if we are going to threaten the Premiersip Title.  Obviously I'm talking about next season.

Still bothered that all the goals came from Stevie.  It has been the story of our season, outplayed the opposition but failed to put the ball in the back of the net.  When we were at our peak everyone in the team was scoring.  We need to get back to that as we can't rely on Stevie to do all the finishing.

Got to put a word in for Jay.  Ran himself into the ground and never gave up on anything.  When he got the ball kept it simple and did't give it away.

Don't know if we can make fourth now but I would like to see a continuance of performances like last night.  The FA Cup would be nice. ;D

Quick Reply