Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Men of the Match?

Jose Enrique
      (1.2%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (2%)
      Martin Kelly
      (13.9%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (65.3%)
      Jay Spearing
      (2.8%)
      Luis Suarez
      (9.6%)
      Andy Carroll
      (4.8%)
      Stewart Downing
      (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (0.4%)

Liverpool 3-0 Neverton: In game and Post Match Jubilation

Read 33249 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Neverton: In game and Post Match Jubilation
      Reply #644: Mar 14, 2012 01:59:58 pm
      what will make last night even better if we go on to beat Stoke with a similar performance.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #645: Mar 14, 2012 02:01:42 pm
      Nice that you can choose up to 2 players for MOTM. I was thinking about givin' it to Kelly, but when our captain scores a hattrick, it's difficult to ignore!
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #646: Mar 14, 2012 02:04:11 pm
      Stevie and Spearing for me.

Spearing goes unnoticed by many, but not by me. He bossed that midfield last night.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #647: Mar 14, 2012 02:11:44 pm
      Stevie put on a workshop for the other liverpool players,this is how you score goals. Hope it can lift the form for the underperforming players who cant score goals.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #648: Mar 14, 2012 02:24:12 pm
      Stevie and Kells mom for me, but Jay was fantastic. This COULD be the start of a good run now :) TOUCH WOOD haha
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #649: Mar 14, 2012 03:17:46 pm
      thought Luis was fantastic last night he has been selfish at time but last night he had his head up and played some fantstic balls to Stevie and Andy.
      Can't wait for the Stoke game.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #650: Mar 14, 2012 03:52:51 pm
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;D xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;D xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;D xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;D xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

f***in sensational,that's how i feel there is no better feeling than twatting the bitters, everyone to a man last night were superb, even Hendo put a shift in, i cant pick out any faults what- so- ever, so happy for the G man,400 games and celebrating with a hat-trick, you couldn't make it up,Roy of the Rovers stuff,

just hope Kenny sticks with the same for the Stokies, they'll come parking the bus but with Suarez, Carroll, Gerrard and Downing we will get thru them,

f***in well done lads, great performance, great result,  YNWA.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #651: Mar 14, 2012 04:00:34 pm
      Stevie and Kells mom for me, but Jay was fantastic. This COULD be the start of a good run now :) TOUCH WOOD haha

Be carful, Martin's a big lad, might not like the idea of you and his mom. :D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #652: Mar 14, 2012 04:06:28 pm
      Looking back on the game (after yesterday's euphoria!) I stand by what I said before and after the match: Carroll and Suarez must start together every game for the rest of the season, with Gerrard given the freedom to attack. I think then we can better gauge what our attack is really supposed to be like then.

It's already gotten off to a great start. 11 goals (Gerrard 3, Suarez 1, Carroll 1) in the 3 matches they started. Last night, the attack was very fluid, good combination play from them, and we actually had a midfielder making runs into the box. That midfielder got a hat-trick.

Another thing about those runs: Suarez wasn't as selfish as he usually is. Why? Because a midfielder was helping out in attack! Also, Andy worked hard yesterday, and I think that made a difference.

For the rest of the season I'd like to see this:

Reina
      GJ* Skrtel Agger* Enrique
      Kuyt Spearing Gerrard LW
      Suarez Carroll

Kuyt combines well with Gerrard and Suarez and pops up in good spots with good movement. But, that LW spot is still a mystery to me. Personally, I'd prefer to see Maxi or Bellamy there, but I have a feeling Kenny will stick with Downing (who had a good game last night I thought).

Or you go 4-3-3:

Spearing   Henderson
      Gerrard
      Suarez Carroll LW   
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #653: Mar 14, 2012 05:49:01 pm
      Looking back on the game (after yesterday's euphoria!) I stand by what I said before and after the match: Carroll and Suarez must start together every game for the rest of the season, with Gerrard given the freedom to attack. I think then we can better gauge what our attack is really supposed to be like then.

Could not agree more and I've said as much to anyone who will listen. The remainder of the season must be aimed towards solidifying a partnership between those two players. It's the only way we can move forward. Every game they play without the other on the pitch is a wasted opportunity.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #654: Mar 14, 2012 06:51:06 pm
      Not going to get into his overall contribution, but Gerrard last night highlighted what's been missing from our midfield, as well as more generally throughout the team (besides an outrageous amount of individual talent, of course! :roll:).

Why did he score all three goals? Because he was driving forward into the box. All three goals scored from inside the 18-yard box, helping out the attackers by adding numbers at the business end of the pitch.

It's been done to death, but it proves we're all right when we say we don't get forward in numbers, and the difference it makes.

Add to that two of his three goals were with the left foot. I've read people saying (as one example) Enrique being reluctant to use his right foot, and that breaking down our play sometimes, making us slower and predictable.

I do think one-footedness is an issue with some of our players, and surely some of his goals last night would have been cut out if he'd taken the time to switch feet.

These things don't require the talent of Gerrard, just a good mentality and extra effort in training, really.

Hopefully they'll be worked on by the squad in the future!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #655: Mar 14, 2012 07:04:14 pm
      Quote from s@int link
      Delighted with the welcome win. I agree with most that our performance was to some extent aided by the Everton tactics...... they tried to play football for once and that was the only advantage we needed.

We struggle against teams that pressure us from front to back not teams that play football, and as we showed last night and in most games against the genuinely top sides this season we can match and often beat teams that play football.

It is against the lesser sides the Sunderlands, the Stoke's etc who make up for their lack of talent with hard work, pressure, getting people behind the ball that we struggle with at the moment.

The difference last night is we scored, then they had to come out and play and for once we took advantage. We haven't had too many opportunities to do that this year.

Stoke will sit there, hoof and hack for 90 minutes on Sunday as always. Hopefully, the game will be similiar to last night. But if we don't score early, it could be another long afternoon.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #656: Mar 14, 2012 07:13:13 pm
      Delighted with that win, F***ing awsome display,well played red men,still feeling rough as F***ing dogs but cannot stop smiling:):):).
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #657: Mar 14, 2012 07:21:53 pm
      Fantastic result
      Fantastic performance
      We twatted them good style f***in loved it.
      Gerrard legend
      The whole team played well even Hendo was decent after the first 20 minutes!
      Special mention to Jay & Kelly thought they were both brilliant.
      Enjoyed waving goodbye to those sad bitter clowns so much at the end & when Carra
      came off at the end the look on his face & the clenched fist f***in priceless..

"The Chosen One" 'the peoples club' get to F**k.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #658: Mar 14, 2012 07:28:33 pm
      Voted Gerrard for MOTM. However, Martin Kelly was top drawer down the right, Spearing did superb, Suarez linked up well with Big Andy and Skrtel had a comfortable game. It's good to be able to pick from a list, just hope to christ we can keep it up.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #659: Mar 14, 2012 09:31:49 pm
      Thats more like it.
      Smiles on faces again.  That was the game to do it.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #660: Mar 14, 2012 09:43:08 pm
      Great win and performance and we put the Bitters back in their place alright!

Some of our link up play and movement was top quality and what more can you say about Stevie? just brilliant and some credit for his performance should go to Jay who held things together nicely while Steive bombed forward. Also thought Carroll and Suarez linked up really well and Kelly was excellent too!

Coincidence that Adam gets dropped and we get a performance like that? Maybe not so same again Sunday please Kenny.

Had the pleasure of meeting Ms Gerrard, el batez and Simple (your flag looked boss on the Kop mate  ;))pre match and enjoyed the match sat next to danny8t4. Top reds and people..cheers all!

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #661: Mar 15, 2012 12:52:34 am
      It was a great win and result for us, hopefully that will instill some confidence in to the squad now and we can go on a run.

Stevie G well what can you say absolute legend, great energy by Suarez and Kelly and Spearing were excellent too. A couple of downers for me both Henderson and Downing were poor and average. Shows what we can do when our midfield is not bogged down and we allow Stevie the space to push forward into. Keep it up redmen.

Eat sh*t bitters!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #662: Mar 15, 2012 12:51:06 pm
      I think I better be in hospital when we're playing more often.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #663: Mar 15, 2012 04:08:51 pm
      Still buzzing off this, just hope we carry this performance into the Stoke game.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #664: Mar 15, 2012 09:21:23 pm
      Bit late but!!Thanks Stevie for putting the icing on the cake for my 60th treat.Great seats in the Annie Rd end,and met David Fairclough in The Boot room after,meal and a few bevvies.
      The game/atmosphere was just unreal.Shutting the "Bitters" up was brilliant.;D.Special mention (Stevie and Suarez accepted) ie Spearing and Skyrtel both made great contributions.Bring on the Potters..IKKWT.   
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #665: Mar 16, 2012 11:43:35 am
      Who's still giving their bitter mates some stick then?

;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #666: Mar 16, 2012 11:49:32 am
      Who's still giving their bitter mates some stick then?

Biggest bitter I know goes the same gym as me.  Not seen him yet - hoping today is the day! ;)

I was thinking before - funny how the weekend's results were so utterly sh*te, and then the midweek ones were all so brilliantly boss! Gotta love the footy.  (Chelsea going through over arseholes Napoli didn't really bother me - not like they're going to win it - and gives them another round of games).

Quick Reply