Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Should Carra get a new contract?

Read 11276 times
      mooki3
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Re: Should Carra get a new contract?
      Reply #92: Mar 19, 2012 11:51:27 pm
      I don't think so personally. He's had a good spell since Agger got injured and has looked really focused positionally. The fact remains that he is declining, and unless we start to blood another younger player into the squad then they won't be getting any better. I'd let him stay for another year, but he'd be behind Agger, Skrtel, Coates, Wisdom and Wilson for me.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #93: Mar 20, 2012 12:00:32 am
      Time to move on , wont see many better in a red shirt and thats a fact , but when you gotta go you gotta go .
      If KD wants him to stay thats fine but as pointed out 90K could be better spent , as for a coach sure could do worse .
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #94: Mar 20, 2012 12:10:28 am
      He will stay till the end of next season, then I think a career on SKY beckons.
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #95: Mar 20, 2012 06:20:23 pm
      Should stay without a doubt.Sentiment has nothing to do with it.Although his best days are behind him his experience is priceless.I don't expect him to command a first team place but he is still needed in the squad.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #96: Mar 20, 2012 06:45:54 pm
      I think Carra's mistakes have been highlighted this season through a lack of goals from our forwards and brought about by lack of match fitness.

When you haven't played regularly it takes you a few games to get sharp and up to speed, something Carra hasn't really had this season.

Also a defender like a keeper mistakes are normally punished far worse than say a midfielders.

I wouldn't offer Carra a new contract as a player, but i'd allow him another season and concentrate on more pressing area's and that would give us another year to either give such as Wisdom, Wilson etc to develop or buy in some one else.

I'm not bothered about what Carra said about Houllier, even though I think it tells its own story.

I just think its whats best for the club, if Carra moves into a coaching role with us great, if not then i'm sure he will else where, but beyond next season, I just don't think any playing contract would make sense to helping us progress at all.

I agreed with almost everything you said mate. Just a bit curious about Carra and Houllier ? I thought Carra liked Houllier?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #97: Mar 20, 2012 07:04:43 pm
      No place for emotional ties getting in the way.

Great servant but hes no longer a player who should be in the first team and probably not even 1st choice cover. Therfore a coaching/player role could be the answer. Other then that let him of on a free if he wants to keep playing first team football

Either way....LEGEND
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #98: Mar 20, 2012 07:16:54 pm
      I agreed with almost everything you said mate. Just a bit curious about Carra and Houllier ? I thought Carra liked Houllier?

I think he means without jumping in the comment when Carra said Houllier was his favourite/best manager he had worked under... Some people still take it as a dig at Rafa.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      Reply #99: Mar 20, 2012 07:21:09 pm
      I think he means without jumping in the comment when Carra said Houllier was his favourite/best manager he had worked under... Some people still take it as a dig at Rafa.

Why wouldnt he be. It was Houllier who brought him regularly into the 1st team. Of course hes likely to be his number 1

Doesnt mean he didnt respect Rafa
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #100: Mar 20, 2012 07:21:32 pm
      He's tried and tested, he's Liverpool through and through, and although his career is winding down, I think he can still perform a backup role so it's a yes for me. People talk about Coates and Wisdom, but it puzzles me that lads as inexperienced as them could be regarded as safer options to Carra.

I'd be happy to see his playing contract extended for one year with coaching responsibilities phased in.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #101: Mar 20, 2012 07:23:07 pm
      Why wouldnt he be. It was Houllier who brought him regularly into the 1st team. Of course hes likely to be his number 1

Doesnt mean he didnt respect Rafa

I agree.. Some take it as a dig at Rafa though.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      Reply #102: Mar 20, 2012 07:23:48 pm
      He's tried and tested, he's Liverpool through and through, and although his career is winding down, I think he can still perform a backup role so it's a yes for me. People talk about Coates and Wisdom, but it puzzles me that lads as inexperienced as them could be regarded as safer options to Carra.

I'd be happy to see his playing contract extended for one year with coaching responsibilities phased in.

Them lads will only improve with games having Carra there might lessen that time as a 34 year old on a fair sized contract would surely have a clause about game time
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      Reply #103: Mar 20, 2012 07:24:21 pm
      I agree.. Some take it as a dig at Rafa though.

I know mate. Fooking 2+2 = 22 there
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #104: Mar 21, 2012 09:16:07 am
      Think he should be given a player coach role losing someone with his wealth of experience would be a mistake
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #105: Mar 21, 2012 10:51:47 am

Ah, thanks mate, I thought RLB meant Carra had said something bad about Houllier. I understand now.
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #106: Mar 21, 2012 11:28:15 am
      Think he should be given a player coach role losing someone with his wealth of experience would be a mistake

Totally agree mate! I do hope that happens..

Quick Reply