Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Luis Suarez
      22 (20.4%)
      Stewart Downing
      4 (3.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      65 (60.2%)
      Andy Carroll
      5 (4.6%)
      Jose Enrique
      3 (2.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      3 (2.8%)
      Someone else?
      6 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Liverpool 2-1 Stoke City - In game and Post match trip-planning

Read 26405 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool 2-1 Stoke City - Post match trip-planning
      Reply #345: Mar 19, 2012 12:12:27 am
      This was always going to be tough, Stoke are always a hard team to beat, but beat them we did, and when Luis scored that fabulous goal, I thought we'd be in for a treat, unfortunately they equalised which made the second half a bit of a nail biter, although we were the better team and deserved the win in the end, glad to see Downing get on the score sheet.

Some of the decisions from the Ref/Linesman were diabolical today and I though at one point that Suarez was going to headbutt the Ref (tw*t) as yet another decision went against him  :mad:

The atmosphere on the Kop was very good today and was pretty much non stop singing throughout the whole game, mind you we were in block 306  :scarf:

Was a bit of trouble after the game just down from the Arkles as both sets of supporters decided it would be fun to have a good punch up, lots of fists/kicking flying about, when the bizzies decided to get stuck in, it was a bit like 'Charge of the Light Brigade' as they marched on horseback to break the fighting up - poor losers them Stoke fans  :roll:

Took bloody ages to get to the M6 though with 7 thousand Stoke fans all going exactly the same way  :roll:

Happy with the result, wasn't the best game, but sometimes you have to play ugly and still win, today was one of those days.

Wembley beckons again........this time I won't be missing out  ;)

MsGerrard
      Reply #346: Mar 19, 2012 12:13:38 am
      Cheers mate!

It maybe only 2 minutes but, it was 2 minutes more highlights than were shown on TV.

Beautiful couple of goals there. Especially loved the Suarez, not wishing to take anything away from Downings though.

More shots like that in future please lads.

Dave - the match will probably be on lfctv at 10 tomorrow morning.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #347: Mar 19, 2012 12:22:52 am
      Dave - the match will probably be on lfctv at 10 tomorrow morning.
      Cheers hun.

Just checked and can't see anything until Tuesday at 11:30 AM and that's only highlights too. They are showing the reserves playing against Arsenal though afterwards.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #348: Mar 19, 2012 12:41:16 am
      Only 14 voters atm!!Its a sure sign we won anyway.
      Martin Skrtel must be the best defender in the prem (bar none)imo.Not going to apologise for repeating myself."Under Kenny he has become the complete player"Spearing belied his lack of years to put in another very good performance (alongside Stevie like ).
      Onto the Semi.The 14th is Grand National day!!Wembley/Aintree,shame the numbers will be down at the Nash I would imagine.Hope its a teatime KO as I'm also working at Aintree.IKKWT.   
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #349: Mar 19, 2012 12:48:05 am
      Had a great time again today.

Stood in block 207 next to the isle for most of the game. Great atmosphere.

I definitely seem to be a lucky omen ;)  still never seen us lose.

Weee're on the march with Kenny's army :)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #350: Mar 19, 2012 12:51:33 am
      Is the game on ITV player?
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #351: Mar 19, 2012 01:20:21 am
      It says it's not available :(
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #352: Mar 19, 2012 01:35:58 am

Cheers lad, those two goals are clinical. Real good pieces of plays and beautiful finishes
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #353: Mar 19, 2012 02:28:16 am
      This was always going to be tough, Stoke are always a hard team to beat, but beat them we did, and when Luis scored that fabulous goal, I thought we'd be in for a treat, unfortunately they equalised which made the second half a bit of a nail biter, although we were the better team and deserved the win in the end, glad to see Downing get on the score sheet.

Some of the decisions from the Ref/Linesman were diabolical today and I though at one point that Suarez was going to headbutt the Ref (tw*t) as yet another decision went against him  :mad:

The atmosphere on the Kop was very good today and was pretty much non stop singing throughout the whole game, mind you we were in block 306  :scarf:

Was a bit of trouble after the game just down from the Arkles as both sets of supporters decided it would be fun to have a good punch up, lots of fists/kicking flying about, when the bizzies decided to get stuck in, it was a bit like 'Charge of the Light Brigade' as they marched on horseback to break the fighting up - poor losers them Stoke fans  :roll:

Took bloody ages to get to the M6 though with 7 thousand Stoke fans all going exactly the same way  :roll:

Happy with the result, wasn't the best game, but sometimes you have to play ugly and still win, today was one of those days.

So there was a scrap after the match them Stoke fans are real sh*t bags!

I agree with the decisions of the linesman and Kevin Friend were diabolical, a Friend of Liverpool he is clearly not.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #354: Mar 19, 2012 03:00:18 am
      I thought spearing was fantastic, he was competing for aerial balls against those scoundrels and winning!! and of course he kept us ticking so well as did steve.

absolutely loved how we had two midfielders, two wide men and two strikers - when was the last time we played without henderson or adam? if only stevie g was ten years younger..

both goals were awesome. huge semi final and potential final coming up - can't stand the thought of losing to any of the possible teams but can't imagine losing either!! going for the double!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #355: Mar 19, 2012 03:56:05 am

Totally agree, ref and linesman were a joke, dunno how Luis seems to attract terrible decisions, like the corner where he just laughed at them both. Do like how he can smile it off though, strong character thank god. As for the trouble by the fans afterwards, sore losers and thugs like their team, nothing surprising there.
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #356: Mar 19, 2012 05:47:24 am
      Tough semi that one.

MOTM should be the game winner. Downing.

Rubbish refereeing in the first half.

I think it will be a Chelsea/Liverpool Final at Wembley.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #357: Mar 19, 2012 06:56:39 am
      .We are making united feel envious.

They've always been inadequate and envious.

Steve Mcmanaman is a sh*t bag.
      'Stoke the better team'
      F**k off.

He always was to me ..................the way he left the club with self interest uppermost.
      What do you expect from a lad who grew up a Bitter.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #358: Mar 19, 2012 07:54:19 am
      I've got absoultely no complaints about the game, very happy with the win. Ok, we won ugly, not a problem. In fact it's not ugly at all, we kept getting into their box but if our passes had been sharper we would have been a greater threat. Better than us having 70% of possession knocking the ball around and scored nothing. If teams continue to park the bus, that's how we will deal with them. At last we have a remedy for those who park the bus.  What is notable about the 2 goals is they expect us to use the wing so often due to the presence of Andy but when we switched to the midlle and attacked through the middle, we've taken them by surprise and we became less predictable.

A closer look at the 2 goals, we were heading for a road block and Luis had no choice but to shoot while Stevie's determination had brought him into the box and the ball hit his heel and it landed on Downing's path and he just whacked the ball. Clearly shows that if we put enough bodies into the box, we'll score goals. Hope KK saw the positive side of things and build on it.

We will need to vary our attack, at last we may see more short, quick accurate passes into the box to get into scoring positions. We need to use Andy more on the ground in the box, not always aim for his head.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #359: Mar 19, 2012 08:30:29 am
      No way we will play on the Sunday on 15th April.....no way at all.

It's been mentioned a few times by our own now..  Come on, really? We won't play Sunday the 15th, not going to happen. Give yourself a good shake..

Hope you had a good time Cas... Even of you were starting fights with the sounds of things..  :f_tongueincheek:
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #360: Mar 19, 2012 08:31:21 am
      both goals very well taken. Lets hope no knocks are serious for Weds
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Stoke City - In game and Post match trip-planning
      Reply #361: Mar 19, 2012 09:05:25 am
      Really enjoyed the day yesterday.

Thought the referee had a nightmare.  Some of the decisions looked extremely dodgy - almost purposefully wrong.

We deserved to win through.  Stoke play sh*t football and their fans aren't a lot better.  Suit each other.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #362: Mar 19, 2012 09:44:23 am

Indeed they were kb.

How often do we see 'difficult' chances finished off well and 'easy' chances missed? A chance is only that; "a chance": It's the quality of the finish, not the 'chance' in it's self which, very often, determines if a goal results... and those were two quality finishes. 

More of the same please. 8)

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #363: Mar 19, 2012 10:00:38 am
      Really enjoyed the day yesterday.

Thought the referee had a nightmare.  Some of the decisions looked extremely dodgy - almost purposefully wrong.

We deserved to win through.  Stoke play sh*t football and their fans aren't a lot better.  Suit each other.

Totally agree about the ref and a very apt description on his decisions - it was clear from the first challenge he was going to be a dick to us and he didnt let us down.

I was in the Centenary right next to the Stoke fans and whilst they were very loud they are a tasteless bunch of morons. Saw quite a few get booted out for mouthing off back to the old bill.

Just glad we stuffed them - mugs.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #364: Mar 19, 2012 10:06:17 am
      Great game! now off to wembley!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #365: Mar 19, 2012 11:11:45 am
      Spearing had a great game, though I went with Skrtel for MOTM.

MsGerrard
      Reply #366: Mar 19, 2012 11:15:39 am
      It's been mentioned a few times by our own now..  Come on, really? We won't play Sunday the 15th, not going to happen. Give yourself a good shake..

Hope you had a good time Cas... Even of you were starting fights with the sounds of things..  :f_tongueincheek:

I did thanks PD.....I just don't like to see that sort of thing after a game, in fact I've very rarely ever seen any trouble at Anfield, but that wasn't nice yesterday.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #367: Mar 19, 2012 12:07:43 pm
      I did thanks PD.....I just don't like to see that sort of thing after a game, in fact I've very rarely ever seen any trouble at Anfield, but that wasn't nice yesterday.

No your right Cas, you very rarely see a bad atmosphere at the ground let alone trouble. Last I remember was Napoli last season for obvious reasons but I never saw it boil over to actual trouble, it was just a highly tense feeling around the Anny Road end.

Stoke fans have gone down in my estimation.

Quick Reply