Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Luis Suarez
      22 (20.4%)
      Stewart Downing
      4 (3.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      65 (60.2%)
      Andy Carroll
      5 (4.6%)
      Jose Enrique
      3 (2.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      3 (2.8%)
      Someone else?
      6 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Liverpool 2-1 Stoke City - In game and Post match trip-planning

Read 26375 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Stoke City - In game and Post match trip-planning
      Reply #368: Mar 19, 2012 12:20:34 pm
      Stoke fans have gone down in my estimation.

They weren't particularly high in my estimation anyway.  Sad to hear they started a bit of trouble - but there was a big gang of them hanging around The Arkles trying to start something off.

Bunch of sad cases.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #369: Mar 19, 2012 12:31:24 pm
      Have LFC fans sang anything about Muamba?
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #370: Mar 19, 2012 12:32:05 pm
      Have LFC fans sang anything about Muamba?

Chanted his name, yes.
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #371: Mar 19, 2012 12:45:05 pm
      I hope we get chelsea and we beat the sh*te outta them!! Back to wembley again, you just gotta love that!!! Are you watching manure cu*ts...
      vaughan
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #372: Mar 19, 2012 12:50:05 pm
      wonderfull staff, now let's ride on the monentum into wednesday, onwards and up, up, up, and away
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #373: Mar 19, 2012 01:31:50 pm
      They weren't particularly high in my estimation anyway.  Sad to hear they started a bit of trouble - but there was a big gang of them hanging around The Arkles trying to start something off.

Bunch of sad cases.

It's not the first time they've kicked off at Anfield, last time they got sparked all round by the Stadium and Supporters club.

With having 6,000 of them they were always going to kick off.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #374: Mar 19, 2012 02:03:02 pm
      Indeed they were kb.

How often do we see 'difficult' chances finished off well and 'easy' chances missed? A chance is only that; "a chance": It's the quality of the finish, not the 'chance' in it's self which, very often, determines if a goal results... and those were two quality finishes. 

More of the same please. 8)

It does make a refreshing change.....
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #375: Mar 19, 2012 02:14:08 pm
      Saw a bunch of the Stoke lot near the Arkles giving it the "You'll never work again"... *Yawn*.

Their fans are sh*te, their city is sh*te and their team is sh*te.

All in all, their sh*te.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #376: Mar 19, 2012 02:21:12 pm
      - but there was a big gang of them hanging around The Arkles trying to start something off.

Oh yeah.  Cheeky tw*ts.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #377: Mar 19, 2012 02:28:59 pm
      Saw a bunch of the Stoke lot near the Arkles giving it the "You'll never work again"... *Yawn*.

Their fans are sh*te, their city is sh*te and their team is sh*te.

All in all, their sh*te.

I'd love to see them, their sh*te fans and sh*te PE teacher gaffer to get relegated.

Have a real dislike for their anti football bag of sh*te... Had a conversation with one recently, I asked him that they surely would like to see a better brand of football? He said result is all that matters.
      I disagree.

I wouldn't pay to watch that sh*t on a regular basis, not for just the case of being slightly more successful than they were before.

Can't think of many clubs I have more dislike for...
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #378: Mar 19, 2012 03:09:16 pm
      So glad we beat them f***ing anti footy pricks , I know KK has to respectful after a victory but I defy anyone to watch that sh*te everyweek , Pulis buys players on how far they can throw a f***ing ball not how they play .
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #379: Mar 19, 2012 05:13:20 pm
      Great to get through yesterday after an excellent 2nd half performance. I thought we struggled in the first half, didn't pass it very well, the wide players weren't in the game and there wasn't much fluididty or tempo. 2nd half was so much better, the lads controlled it, looked after the ball and were generally dominant. I thought Skrtel had a monster of a game and Spearing ran him a close 2nd for man of the match. Great to see Downing get his goal. While he will never be a workd beater he does seem to playing with more consistency just recently. Was impressed with the way the lad competed for 1st and 2nd balls and how they dealt with the physical apsect of the game. Stoke worked incredibly hard in the 1st half but they were never going to be able to maintain that sort of workrate and our quality showed in the 2nd period.

As for the Stok fans they are skum. I sat in the away end with them at Fratton Park a few seasons ago (my mate grew up with Richard Cresswell so we tend to go watch if he is playing down south) and I tell you it was like spending an afternoon in Mordor. They pretty much behaved like bile spitting orcs for 90 minutes and it sounded like they were true to form yesterday.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #380: Mar 19, 2012 05:28:37 pm
      Went for Spearing as MOTM. Thought he was really good in breaking up Stoke's play and he looks like a better player every time he plays. However, Skrtel had another terrific game, absoloutely great stuff big man!

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #381: Mar 19, 2012 05:42:59 pm
      Skrtl as MOTM, he was solid. I can't recall a single mistake, misplaced pass or an error of judgement, he has become superb this season.

Really good game, we didn't play our best, mainly because of Stoke's sh*ting dirty tactics ("we're physical but we don't pretend to be anything else" - bunch of thugs) but important thing is that we won and we won a hard fought victory, shows character and steel, which often lacked in the past.

Their goal shouldn't have been allowed, so considering, it was an excellent win. Bring on Wembley.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,844 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #382: Mar 19, 2012 06:41:59 pm
      Voted Skrtel as MOTM , he gets better every game this season, some good performances from our team ,Kelly solid and dangerous , Spearing very industrious ( he reminds me very much of Billy Bremner for any with long memories ) we are good to watch and we play some neat stuff well in redmen !referee missed crucial decisions and totally overlooked Carroll's being held and fouled all game
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #383: Mar 20, 2012 01:09:11 am
      No way we will play on the Sunday on 15th April.....no way at all.

Liverpool's FA Cup semi-final date will not clash with Hillsborough disaster anniversary

Liverpool’s FA Cup semi-final against Everton or Sunderland will not be played on the anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster, the Football Association has confirmed.

Request granted: Liverpool's FA Cup semi-final will be played on Saturday, April 14 Photo: EPA

By Chris Bascombe
      11:00PM GMT 19 Mar 2012

The Merseyside club’s request for the first of the semi-final dates, Saturday, April 14, has been accepted.
      The FA contacted Liverpool representatives before their quarter-final victory over Stoke on Saturday and made it known it fully respected the club’s desire to avoid playing on April 15.
      Having reached the last four, the cup organisers have now informed the television broadcasters that Liverpool's semi-final will be the Saturday fixture.
       This will come as a relief to Liverpool and their supporters, who have never had to play on the anniversary of the tragedy in the 23 years since 96 supporters lost their lives.

An annual memorial service takes place at Anfield on April 15 and Kenny Dalglish, the Liverpool manager, had made it clear the club would not play on the anniversary.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9154473/Liverpools-FA-Cup-semi-final-date-will-not-clash-with-Hillsborough-disaster-anniversary.html

Correct as usual MsG

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #384: Mar 20, 2012 05:35:43 am
      As much as I don't like the FA at least they do have some respect left and I'll give them credit for that.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #385: Mar 20, 2012 08:13:07 am
      Get the F**k in.

On our way to Wembley again. This is becoming addictive.  ;D

Two quality goas from Luis and Downing. Can't believe that they friggin scored from a corner that was never there.

Still don't know what Pepe was thinking. Should have just pushed the c**t out of the way. As for the non marking of Crouch at that set piece  :mad: :mad:

Anyway another Final awaits, Hopefully it's the Bitters then we get Bolton in the Final.  :D

MOTM Skrtel by a mile. The lad is a rock.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #386: Mar 20, 2012 10:51:54 am
      On our way to Wembley again. This is becoming addictive.  ;D

Ain't that the truth?  ;D

When I started following the Reds, as a scrawny ten year old in 1971, not that I was really aware of it (and much less did I care) but we hadn't won anything in five seasons. I got the feeling, even then, that we were on the cusp of greatness. I didn't have to wait long - 1972-73 we won both the league and the U.E.F.A. cup... the rest, as they say, is history.

I'm getting that same feeling now. I've said it before and I'll say it again - There'll be up and downs but time to sit back, strap yourselves in Redmen/women and just enjoy the ride.   :scarf:

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #387: Mar 20, 2012 11:33:33 am
      Spearing had a great game, though I went with Skrtel for MOTM.

Spearing was my man of the match. He is growing (pardon the pun) with each game. If he has a sustained run of games, he would be tough to take out of that midfield. No way does Adam warrant a place in front of Speaing in my view.

As mentioned, some of the officiating was garbage and played towards Stokes game. You have to play Stoke a certain way and accept it's not going to be a game filled with free flowing football. But there was certainly some questionable decisions going against us. Stoke wasting time should be picked upon, also.

Can't wait to get back to Wembley again!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #388: Mar 20, 2012 09:39:42 pm
      Spearing was my man of the match. He is growing (pardon the pun) with each game. If he has a sustained run of games, he would be tough to take out of that midfield. No way does Adam warrant a place in front of Speaing in my view.

As mentioned, some of the officiating was garbage and played towards Stokes game. You have to play Stoke a certain way and accept it's not going to be a game filled with free flowing football. But there was certainly some questionable decisions going against us. Stoke wasting time should be picked upon, also.

Can't wait to get back to Wembley again!

I thought Spearing was excellent, especially in the second half even though I picked Skrtel as my man of the match. I thought Gerrard and Spearing combined really well together, and controlled the midfield in the second half. My only real criticism (I can always find something) was Spearing always seems to take the easy option of playing it wide, rather than looking for the ball through the middle. I was screaming at times when we had 3 runners in Gerrard Maxi and Suarez through the centre and he played the ball yet again wide to Enrique or Kelly/Downing. I understand that we have to get good service in for Carroll, but he never seemed to consider any option other than out to the wings.

Carroll did o.k. but I am not sure o.k. is good enough in the longer term.

I agree the officials were very poor, might only be me, but I think we have suffered worse than usual this season. Especially with minor decisions, corners, free kicks and throwins.

I hate the way Stoke play and in all honesty I think they have enough good players now to play a better style of football and still have the relatively minor success they have had playing like a poor mans Wimbledon.       

Quick Reply