Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Luis Suarez
      22 (20.4%)
      Stewart Downing
      4 (3.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      65 (60.2%)
      Andy Carroll
      5 (4.6%)
      Jose Enrique
      3 (2.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      3 (2.8%)
      Someone else?
      6 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Liverpool 2-1 Stoke City - In game and Post match trip-planning

Read 26454 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs Stoke (FA Cup Quarter Final)
      Reply #299: Mar 18, 2012 06:53:08 pm
      One player I f**king hate is Shawcross, he does nothing but launch the f**king ball and commit fouls most of which he gets away with

What about Huth, dirtiest b***ard in their team for me, although I agree Shawcross gets away with murder at times.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #300: Mar 18, 2012 06:55:41 pm
      Chuffed with the win, feel like sh*t though, going to take a couple of sleeping tablets and enjoy this more when I feel better.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #301: Mar 18, 2012 06:55:52 pm
      And add saint he came from Utd, still think of his tackle on Ramsey, Ramsey has never being the same player
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #302: Mar 18, 2012 06:56:18 pm
      One happy chappy sitting here at the moment, perfect weekend! Nice one lads now, on to the next one, QPR away, bring it on.
      Man of the match for me was Skrtel, done his job.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #303: Mar 18, 2012 06:58:21 pm
      Great to be in the semi finals of the F A cup. Two cracking goals from Suarez and Downing.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #304: Mar 18, 2012 06:58:37 pm
      Very very good performance and a great win. May just be able to get semi-final tickets. Wembley!!!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #305: Mar 18, 2012 07:03:24 pm
      Delighted to beat that team, can't stand their tactics and how they go about the game. Just simply could not stand to support that crap and thankfully the better team won.

On to our lads, thought we were solid at the back, dealt with almost everything they tried to throw, push, barge and foul at us, besides the one obstruction on Pepe which we can't complain too much about as we have Kuyt doing it at the other end on every opportunity, the problem was the lack of marking on Crouch, unforgivable and punished. Besides the goal we had no real problems and our back 5 did really well, was impressed with how well Jay did alongside Stevie and didn't look a bad pairing, Downing had a quiet first half but did much bet 2nd half and took his goal really well and actually appeared in the box a few times which was a nice change. Thought Suarez was his usual skillful best, great goal and many more nice bits of play, hope he didn't pick up anything near the end because he's really back to something like his best, just needs a better strike partner, sorry Andy but you plodded the entire game, best thing he did was a couple of crosses. In and around the box didn't look a menace and frankly looked 2nd favourite for all 50/50's which is disappointing.

Delighted to be in the semi's whoever we get, off to Wembley again, love it! Well in lads!!!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #306: Mar 18, 2012 07:04:53 pm
      From a performance standpoint, it wasn't very good, especially the first half. The second half Stoke hardly got a sniff of the ball, so a better performance in the second.

Both of our goals, however, were very well worked and earned. Great finish by Downing and a good goal from Suarez. Absolutely thrilled to be into the semi-finals - with a potential game against Everton too!

A couple of things about today:

- Martin Skrtel was a beast! MOTM for me. He's gotta be club player of the year, right?
      - Downing looks better when he tucks inside.
      - Having Gerrard on the pitch is immense. Better link-up with everyone.
      - Although Carroll wasn't great, having him and Suarez on at the same time is great for the attack.
      - Maxi Rodriguez hadn't played in what 8 games? But he made a positive contribution with a great assist. Why he doesn't play more continues to boggle my mind.

WEMBLEY!
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #307: Mar 18, 2012 07:05:49 pm
      100% Saturday mate.

Sunday is April 15.

F**k, good point. Cheers mate.
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool 2-1 Stoke City - Post match trip-planning
      Reply #308: Mar 18, 2012 07:44:17 pm
      I felt before the game that we would have to work very hard for this as they would give us a hard 90 minutes where whatever we get at the end of it we would have to earn and thats what we did, ok we weren't great first half but they made it very difficult for us and that can happen, you wont win every game by passing them off the park.. How often do Stoke get battered? Not very often, Valencia only beat them 1-0 at the Mestalla recently..
      Second half we were better and got control of the game more, deserved the goal we got and the result overall.

I said 1-0/2-0 before the game and seeing as their goal shouldnt be allowed on so many levels ill take a moral victory  ;D
      But i do hate playing them, its just a war all the time, its not pleasing on the eye at all, one of my least favourite teams in football and im glad we sent them packing back home with nothing. We beat them with a mix of their football and ours and showed we can find a way to win. Im very pleased with the lads tonight..
      Crouchie your too good for that shower lad...

So another Wembley apparence of the season... Dalglish out eh?? Bunch of dickheads some are..  :roll:

Well done Reds, now down to Loftus road Wednsday and pick up another 3 points..
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #309: Mar 18, 2012 07:45:36 pm
      Back to Wembley. I could get used to this!

Two very sexy strikes today. Quality finishing.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #310: Mar 18, 2012 07:45:49 pm
      One thing Id like to see us do more is press the ball, we stand off way to much at times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #311: Mar 18, 2012 07:51:01 pm
      Back to Wembley. I could get used to this!

Two very sexy strikes today. Quality finishing

Let the good times roll big fella.

I'm as happy as a horny dog at a "Miss Lovely Legs" competition here.  ;D
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | 28 
      Reply #312: Mar 18, 2012 07:53:56 pm
      Couldn't watch the game but I've seen our two beautiful goals - quality of those alone very, very encouraging.  Were we good all through?  Thanks.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #313: Mar 18, 2012 07:55:07 pm
      Couldn't watch the game but I've seen our two beautiful goals - quality of those alone very, very encouraging.  Were we good all through?  Thanks.

No mate we were average in first half, improved in second, not a great performance but result is all that matters.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #314: Mar 18, 2012 07:55:45 pm
      Decent performance all around.

Spearing/Skrtel MoTM.

Booking the coach seats as I type ;D
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #315: Mar 18, 2012 08:22:33 pm
      From a performance standpoint, it wasn't very good, especially the first half. The second half Stoke hardly got a sniff of the ball, so a better performance in the second.

Both of our goals, however, were very well worked and earned. Great finish by Downing and a good goal from Suarez. Absolutely thrilled to be into the semi-finals - with a potential game against Everton too!

A couple of things about today:

- Martin Skrtel was a beast! MOTM for me. He's gotta be club player of the year, right?
      - Downing looks better when he tucks inside.
      - Having Gerrard on the pitch is immense. Better link-up with everyone.
      - Although Carroll wasn't great, having him and Suarez on at the same time is great for the attack.
      - Maxi Rodriguez hadn't played in what 8 games? But he made a positive contribution with a great assist. Why he doesn't play more continues to boggle my mind.

WEMBLEY!
      You said we didn't play that well. I didn't watch the game but this makes me happy that we didn't play that well. Sounds strange but as Kenny said we need to learn how to win ugly.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #316: Mar 18, 2012 08:26:30 pm
      Great result which means the forum will be quiet tonight!

Not at our best but did more than enough to get through and always felt we were controlling the game.

Skrtel my MOM with Jay and Luis pushing him close, glad Downing got another goal for the club too.

Starting to plan my trip already..hope the Bitters get through, but whoever..bring them on..cant wait!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #317: Mar 18, 2012 08:27:47 pm
      Great result with two terrific strikes. Didn't think Downing done much until his goal, passing and crossing was very poor. Let's hope that goal raises his game from now on in. We weren't brilliant although we were better in the second half, thought Spearing had one of his better games and will do for motm for me. It's fair to say we deserved it, Stoke were pretty poor even though they showed they can pass it around a bit, The main tactic seemed to be lob it forward, thier fans must be so pissed off at thier manager. What a n*b. My prediction was a 3 - 1 win but 2 - 1 will do nicely ta very much. Everton in the semis please, all scouse wembley day out. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #318: Mar 18, 2012 08:34:37 pm
      Your in Wembley with an Hard on, wait 'till the ladies find out !
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #319: Mar 18, 2012 08:37:51 pm
      Anyone know what time highlights will be on and what channel this evening?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #320: Mar 18, 2012 08:41:24 pm
      Great result !! :) Back to Wembley - super stuff, something to look forward to...
      And having a Cup in the back pocket might take some pressure off, lads might be less nervous on this visit/ this time round.
      And nice to stick it to Stoke.
      Didn't see any of the match, just back and see the draw - vs. Eve/Sund.
      Believe they were 2 nice hits.
      Things looking a bit better now again after some poor results.
      Can we get a wee run going? Maybe.
      Delighted for the lads and KK!!!!!!! (and should give the naysayers some food for thought)
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #321: Mar 18, 2012 08:50:06 pm
      Another trip to Wembley, our 2nd in one season, and it's looking good for a 3rd too. 

I'm chuffed, it's just F***ing great.

Quick Reply