Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

QPR 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Aggro

Read 57730 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,615 posts | 3846 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: LIVE: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool FC
      Reply #23: Mar 21, 2012 07:33:09 pm
      Doni, Flanagan, Coates, Aurelio, Henderson, Shelvey, Carroll.
      Doni and Aurelio aside that's a young bench.

Kelly and Spearing starting.
      We are in the midst of the Kenny Youth Revolution.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #24: Mar 21, 2012 07:33:18 pm
      So wait we restrict Gerrard getting forward to give Adam freedom, i know who id prefer to give freedom to.

So do I, Gerrard. That said, I think it's far from clear that's the way we'll play. I'd rather wait and see before i stick the boot into anyone, I'm unconcerned about being able to say "I told you so" after the match. I think Adam will play much better than he has in his last couple of appearances (yes I know) and that we'll win. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #25: Mar 21, 2012 07:35:40 pm

So do I, Gerrard. That said, I think it's far from clear that's the way we'll play. I'd rather wait and see before i stick the boot into anyone, I'm unconcerned about being able to say "I told you so" after the match. I think Adam will play much better than he has in his last couple of appearances (yes I know) and that we'll win.

It depends on how much time and space QPR give him - if they've done their homework, they'll know he's a weak link and close him down quickly.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #26: Mar 21, 2012 07:36:14 pm
      Not sure why Adam has been brought back, as I think he has struggled in recent weeks. Hopefully he will show us all why tonight. I think we will win this one comfortably 3-1.

Come on you Reds
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #27: Mar 21, 2012 07:36:35 pm
      So wait we restrict Gerrard getting forward to give Adam freedom, i know who id prefer to give freedom to.

Trickier than that though, I think (not just talking about tonight).

I think Kenny's trying to extend Gerrard's career by having him play deeper and control matches that way, instead of being all gung-ho for 90 minutes, end to end.

It's very hard, because we saw against Everton just how deadly Gerrard is in the final third, especially since our strikers aren't prolific.

But in the long haul, and judging by Gerrard's age and injury record, we have to choose. We can have the Gerrard we all know, charging around and doing it all, but burned out or a crock in a year or two, or we can have him playing it slower and more with his brain, for another 3-4 years, maybe more.

If it were down to me though, right now, I'd pick and choose. Should certainly allow him the freedom against the "smaller" teams, especially when he has Lucas/Spearing covering deeper.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #28: Mar 21, 2012 07:37:08 pm
      Mick we all know you love Adam but it fairness he has being brutal for a long time prefer to have seen Henderson or Shelvey ahead of him, he slows down the game way to much.

Doesnt deserve to be back in especially when you see our record when he doesnt play
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #29: Mar 21, 2012 07:39:13 pm
      Trickier than that though, I think (not just talking about tonight).

I think Kenny's trying to extend Gerrard's career by having him play deeper and control matches that way, instead of being all gung-ho for 90 minutes, end to end.

It's very hard, because we saw against Everton just how deadly Gerrard is in the final third, especially since our strikers aren't prolific.

But in the long haul, and judging by Gerrard's age and injury record, we have to choose. We can have the Gerrard we all know, charging around and doing it all, but burned out or a crock in a year or two, or we can have him playing it slower and more with his brain, for another 3-4 years, maybe more.

If it were down to me though, right now, I'd pick and choose. Should certainly allow him the freedom against the "smaller" teams, especially when he has Lucas/Spearing covering deeper.

Gerrard can still do it mate as he shown against Everton would love to see him behind Suarez. With Adam and Gerrard in midfield Spearing is going to have a hell of a lot of work to do tonight
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,615 posts | 3846 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Mar 21, 2012 07:40:45 pm
      Players warming up with Muamba T-Shirts.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #31: Mar 21, 2012 07:40:53 pm
      Gerrard can still do it mate as he shown against Everton would love to see him behind Suarez. With Adam and Gerrard in midfield Spearing is going to have a hell of a lot of work to do tonight

I know he can, the post was more about how long he can.

But I did also finish by saying at the moment, in games like tonight, he should be given the freedom to play and get involved around the opposition box.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #32: Mar 21, 2012 07:41:32 pm
      Mick we all know you love Adam but it fairness he has being brutal for a long time prefer to have seen Henderson or Shelvey ahead of him, he slows down the game way to much.

Doesnt deserve to be back in especially when you see our record when he doesnt play

Presumably brought back for a reason mate, unless Kenny just picked him for a bet :)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #33: Mar 21, 2012 07:43:10 pm
      Kenny signed him, so Kenny likes him, appears by the reaction not many fans share Kennys opinion of Adam
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #34: Mar 21, 2012 07:43:25 pm
      CMON!!!!!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #35: Mar 21, 2012 07:43:39 pm
      Boots at the ready? check. Steel Toe-caps? Check Prepared to moan realy loudly at the slightest misplaced pass or late tackle? Check.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #36: Mar 21, 2012 07:44:04 pm

Same with in the Chelsea game. I think every team is.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #37: Mar 21, 2012 07:47:13 pm

Our lot will probably be the only ones who get negative press from it though..

Nice touch from the lads.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #38: Mar 21, 2012 07:47:46 pm
      Disappointed to see Maxi drop out completely. Even more so to see Adam is back in the line up.

Hate starting a match day/evening on a downer with team selections.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #39: Mar 21, 2012 07:48:08 pm
      Surprised Adam is included into the starting 11 but hope he puts in a good shift and shows Kenny that he appreciates the faith he has in him. Disappointed Kenny has dropped Carroll, don't think it will do his confidence any good.

But all in all is a strong side and is good enough to do the job, come on you reds!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #40: Mar 21, 2012 07:50:01 pm
      Kenny signed him, so Kenny likes him

Would that not apply to Carroll or Henderson too? Maybe Adam has been outstanding in training or he bought Kenny a really nice Easter egg (buttons or smarties are my favourites hint! hint!)
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #41: Mar 21, 2012 07:51:24 pm
      Surprised Adam is included into the starting 11 but hope he puts in a good shift and shows Kenny that he appreciates the faith he has in him. Disappointed Kenny has dropped Carroll, don't think it will do his confidence any good.

But all in all is a strong side and is good enough to do the job, come on you reds!

WEll of course we do not see how well players do in training, that also has to be taken into account. Obviously he has impressed Kenny, Steve Clarke and the coaches enough to win his place back in the team. Which can only be a good thing
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #42: Mar 21, 2012 07:54:05 pm
      WEll of course we do not see how well players do in training, that also has to be taken into account. Obviously he has impressed Kenny, Steve Clarke and the coaches enough to win his place back in the team. Which can only be a good thing

I think its more that Kenny personally likes Adam and wants to give him another shot and proving himself but your right who knows what goes on in training.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #43: Mar 21, 2012 07:54:39 pm
      I think Adam's biggest problem is his confidence. He played really well last year against the same teams wearing an orange shirt ... he is capable of much much better. We just haven't seen that in a red shirt (yet!)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,615 posts | 3846 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #44: Mar 21, 2012 07:55:05 pm
      Would love to see us knock in a few goals and then bring Hendo and Shelvey on in the second half.
      Then I can label Kenny a tactical genius.
      Danny2304
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts |
      • Stairway to heaven
      Reply #45: Mar 21, 2012 07:55:55 pm
      well tbh we all know that Adam is poo.

We've played well better without him and he is a liability.

Quick Reply