Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

QPR 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Aggro

Read 57662 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: QPR 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Aggro
      Reply #805: Mar 22, 2012 08:37:11 am
      The one player I'd have a pop at would be Henderson who bottled it for the first goal (again), but other than that, sh!t happens.
      Looked to me like he was being jumped all over, but whatever you say.

Even ignoring the goal, Henderson bottled out of challenges constantly. Not longer after coming on, he chased a ball out to the far right corner and should have gone into a 50/50 as winning the ball would have created a goal scoring chance. Instead I found myself swearing at the TV as he stopped dead and tried to stick a toe in. The trend continued.

He's not the only one to blame of course. for example, where was our super captain in the second half? I forgot he was on the pitch.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #806: Mar 22, 2012 08:46:32 am
      It feels no better this morning than it did last night. How in God's name did we manage to throw that away!
      Just feel empty this morning , I hope the players feel as bad as we all do.
      Feel sorry for Coates because that goal was class and he deserved for it to contribute to a win.
      No team with Champions League aspirations should capitulate like that. 15 mins left and 2 in front , how did we lose 3-2.

kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #807: Mar 22, 2012 08:49:02 am
      Look at this comparison....

Carroll - Aguero = £35m
      Henderson - Y.Toure - £22m
      Downing - Silva/Mata - £20m

Now tell me that these are not expensive "british" mistakes - better players are available....And Comolli's signings are certainly questionable!!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #808: Mar 22, 2012 08:49:35 am
      At least were scoring goals now, trouble is we are conceding goals to the poorest sides in the league, looking at our next fixture, Wigan at Anfield, they will be coming here full of confidence.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #809: Mar 22, 2012 08:51:29 am
      At least were scoring goals now, trouble is we are conceding goals to the poorest sides in the league, looking at our next fixture, Wigan at Anfield, they will be coming here full of confidence.

Draw!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #810: Mar 22, 2012 08:54:59 am
      That's what I was thinking !
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #811: Mar 22, 2012 08:57:39 am
      He's not the only one to blame of course. for example, where was our super captain in the second half? I forgot he was on the pitch.

Playing deep, along side Spearing, in the dream ticket 'two'. No freedom to roam. No freedom to get forward to support Suarez and Kuyt. The enforced changes did not help our cause when we came under pressure at the back but that having been said, we still went two up and should have seen the game out.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #812: Mar 22, 2012 08:58:04 am
      there used to be a term "fairweather supporter" even before the kick off some were slagging off players before they had even kicked a ball how doe sthat help anyone.
      This season has been a rollercoaster and last night was no different.We miss Agger and we miss Lucas so rather than look at individuals we should look at the overall strength in the squad.
      Our second Wembley appearance in a few weeks and another chance of silverware that will do for me and sort out the problems in the summer but for now we need to get behind ALL th eplayers.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #813: Mar 22, 2012 09:00:06 am
      Well that's it then, I've never seen Liverpool so poor.

I have lost complete faith, I have nothing to say anymore

it

You F***ing manc, lost faith, never lose faith
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #814: Mar 22, 2012 09:07:56 am
      I think Shelvey should feature in the next few games, looked quite promising on his return from Blackpool, and maybe Pepe should be "rested" seems out of touch, to my mind.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #815: Mar 22, 2012 09:16:32 am

Carroll - Aguero = £35m

Now tell me that these are not expensive "british" mistakes - better players are available....And Comolli's signings are certainly questionable!!

When you put it like that, it's shocking. But didn't KK buy 'British' becuase of some foreigner rule that's out or coming out?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #816: Mar 22, 2012 09:20:01 am
      Fair points on the comparison with some of Man City's buys.

The hidden story behind that is they probably cost about £20M more a season in wages than our three.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #817: Mar 22, 2012 09:27:11 am

Carroll - Aguero = £35m
      Not that it matters two fucks but we could look at the same City team and compare say...

Stefan Savic/Tal Ben-Haim - Sebastien Coates = £6m
      Owen Hargreaves - Craig Bellamy = Free
      Wayne Bridge £12m - Jose Enrique = £6m
      Roque Santa Cruz - Luis Suarez = £22m

City have made more than their fair share of 'mistakes' in the transfer market kb; especially early on when the re-building started mate. Lots of transfers and four seasons later they seem to have got it right with Aguero and Silva. Maybe we'll do the same.

Now tell me that these are not expensive "british" mistakes
      When set along side the players you quote of course they are... tho' I'll be honest and say I doubt if Hicks and Gillett would have coughed up the £49m it took to sign Yaya Toure and David Silva... or if we could have matched Aguero's wages. 

better players are available....And Comolli's signings are certainly questionable!!
      Maybe better players were but I can't say for sure and I'm not sold on the notion that Comolli's in charge of either cost or final say in transfers. Other than that I can understand your frustrations.

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #818: Mar 22, 2012 09:36:18 am
      there used to be a term "fairweather supporter" even before the kick off some were slagging off players before they had even kicked a ball how doe sthat help anyone.
      This season has been a rollercoaster and last night was no different.We miss Agger and we miss Lucas so rather than look at individuals we should look at the overall strength in the squad.
      Our second Wembley appearance in a few weeks and another chance of silverware that will do for me and sort out the problems in the summer but for now we need to get behind ALL th eplayers.

Fair points but then it hurts a bit when fans like myself back players all season and then, like Henderson, they seem reluctant to put in the graft. It's a two-way thing, the players need to respect the fans and put in a shift. Everyone has bad games, that is not an issue for me.

I think Shelvey should feature in the next few games, looked quite promising on his return from Blackpool...

Agree on this part. Every time we need to bring on a midfielder I sit there hoping it is Jono but knowing it probably won't be. I don't think he's set a foot wrong in any games he's played for us and he tends to look a threat.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #819: Mar 22, 2012 09:39:52 am
      Fair points on the comparison with some of Man City's buys.

The hidden story behind that is they probably cost about £20M more a season in wages than our three.

Not to mention their signing on fees.

We need to decide as a club if we're better off buying one big salary world class player every summer rather than wasting 30-50m on four average or good players. At least we'd know with that policy that in three or four years we'd have some truly world class players. ;D That would be a five year title plan I could buy into.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #820: Mar 22, 2012 09:42:04 am
      Still disappointed this morning and still haven't seen the game.

I had a feeling that our league form might fizzle out a bit after the League Cup and it looks like it may well be the case. I'm not even sure if it's a conscious thing with the players but I would expect being 2-0 up to QPR with not long left they could see the game out but again we lose to a team we should have well beaten.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #821: Mar 22, 2012 10:13:47 am
      Sometimes it feels more dissappointing coming in here reading some comments than actually losing.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #822: Mar 22, 2012 10:23:08 am
      Kenny will go F***ing ballistic - game in the bag at half time and the lack of commitment and work ethic ensured we end the night with sweet F**k all. The aforementioned qualities were a natural part of the Dalglish game plan and it must be entirely foreign to him that any footballer can fall short in that sense.
      To talk about missing Lucas, Agger or whatever is fine but entirely pointless - the deadwood is sinking the ship and we need quality back up now.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #823: Mar 22, 2012 10:34:14 am
      One thing's for sure, it's certainly not boring or easy being a Liverpool fc supporter at the moment. We are either up in the clouds or holding our heads in disbelief as yet another game we should have won turns to ashes. Time to get up off the floor and on to the next game, taking each one as it comes.

Enough clichés there to keep us all going for a while anyway :)

Back to the game, I thought we could have been 4 or 5 up by half time, certainly in a position where whatever happened second half we would be assured of the win. Very disappointing that yet another chance to get on a run of wins has been wasted. We desperately need a striker, but also we need players to get in the box more if we are ever to turn our good play and dominance into goals.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more..... Wigan...... can't wait! 

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #824: Mar 22, 2012 10:51:12 am
      We  have lost four of our last five league games in between the Carling Cup and FA Cup games.

The Cups are just papering over something very wrong.

Facht.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #825: Mar 22, 2012 10:57:30 am
      Lost 4 out of 5?
      Shocking fact.
      Our squad shown up for what it is.
      Lucas and Spearing our best pairing in midfield.
      Adam and Henderson have not changed this.
      We desperately need a striker.

All season we have been saved by a solid defense.
      Injuries to Agger, Johnson and Kelly have disrupted that badly last night.
      Carra can't play at right back.
      All he has left is the ability to organise.
      Why then stick him out wide?
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #826: Mar 22, 2012 10:59:29 am
      We  have lost four of our last five league games in between the Carling Cup and FA Cup games.

The Cups are just papering over something very wrong.

Facht.

All day long. If we win the FA Cup, the season has been a success, but league progress wise - we have gone backwards.

Serious changes needed this summer.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #827: Mar 22, 2012 11:00:10 am
      I still can't believe how we lost that.

Why are we so sh*te in the league?

Having all that good performances but not coming away with a win is not good enough. It's been going on for too long and how the hell can the team let a two goal slip with 13 minutes left?

I dread to think that the league season under Kenny this season is probably as bad as under Woy or even worse.

Quick Reply