Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

QPR 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Aggro

Read 57641 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: QPR 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Aggro
      Reply #828: Mar 22, 2012 11:05:10 am
      Kenny's players have let him down badly.
      If he continues to stay loyal to them he'll fall on his sword.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #829: Mar 22, 2012 11:11:25 am
      Looked to me like he was being jumped all over, but whatever you say.

When I was younger and playing I often played centre half. A coach I remember used to drill into us defending set-pieces that we should look into the eyes of the bloke we are picking up and say to ourselves "YOU ain't gonna score, no matter what" before the ball comes over set. Set yourself to attack the ball AND him, defend it like your life depends on it and like it's the last set piece you're ever going to defend in your life.

Henderson is the opposite. He defended the set-piece like he has played his football this season, passing on responsibility and allowing his passiveness to dictate events. "Climbing all over him?" he needs to man up and grow a set of bollocks. Fight for the right to play, one or two of ours need to realise it is a pre-requisite.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #830: Mar 22, 2012 11:15:55 am
      Kenny's players have let him down badly.
      If he continues to stay loyal to them he'll fall on his sword.

Yeah. I mean Kenny can't exactly be blamed when Suarez decides to pass the ball to the keeper early in the game or Enrique missing a ball that goes to the forward.

The attitude after we conceded the first goal was horrible. I don't think the players looked like they bothered to try their best to hold a 2-1 or at least get another.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #831: Mar 22, 2012 11:25:50 am
      For your perusal

We've won one less game + We've lost 2 less games = +1 positive

We've scored 4 less goals + We've conceded 7 less = +3  positive

Or however you wish to read/see/view it.

"We should have been out of sight before it even got to that stage. It's a difficult one to take because there was so much that was very positive about the game." ~ KK on QPR 3 - 2 Liverpool
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      Reply #832: Mar 22, 2012 11:32:46 am
      Top 7 head to head so far

bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #833: Mar 22, 2012 11:34:36 am
      Pepe for me did not look interested, he just stood there and had the "F**k This" look on his face when we conceded all 3 goals. This is not like pepe reina to say the least. Did anyone else notice that incidentally?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      Reply #834: Mar 22, 2012 11:36:42 am
      Finally, against some of our less than stellar compatriots

Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #835: Mar 22, 2012 11:44:15 am
      I'm glad I read that kev because up until the 77th minute our "expensive flops" were winning this game at a hack canter. It was two mistakes from, arguably, our two best players this season which cost us. Who would have thunk it?

Your post and the one you was responding to was spot on.. Summed up way better than I could.. These so called "horrendous buys" had the majority of the game under control and ironically, the players at fault (individual mistakes which lead to the goals) were from arguably our best players this season.. *sighs*
      When we win the KK thread is quiet.. Loose and it kicks off.. Are our fans becoming that obvious??
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #836: Mar 22, 2012 11:45:53 am
      But didn't KK buy 'British' becuase of some foreigner rule that's out or coming out?

IMHO, KK bought mainly British because it was the market he knew best from the offset and time was of the essence.

I also have a feeling that in the back of his mind he had an idea that a lot of the players who needed moving on over the coming season or two (from when he was appointed) were HG.  In the season which Woy started and Kenny finished, our 8 HG players were:

Jones, Johnson, Konchesky, Gerrard, Cole, Spearing, Carragher and Darby.

After the January transfer window we added Carroll (so a 9th HG player, realistically an 8th because by that stage Darby had been on loan for most of the season and was really only there to make up the numbers).

Beginning of this current season he added Downing and Bellamy to the roster (making it a total of 10 HG players + Henderson/Kelly who both need registering 2012/13) which allowed us to shift Konchesky and Cole bringing the total back to 8 with 2 more HG players requiring registration the following season (ie. the beginning of next season).

Current HG players are:

Jones
      Johnson
      Gerrard
      Spearing
      Downing
      Bellamy
      Carragher
      Carroll
      Cole

Kelly (2012/13 season only)
      Henderson (2012/13 season only)

Aside from Spearing and Johnson, the rest of the HG players are all 30+ (sans Kelly/Henderson who are both 21).

Total 11 HG players as things stand and I can only imagine we'd be looking to move at least two on this season (Jones, Cole) and two on the following season (Carragher, Bellamy).

Give us a little bit of wiggle room on a number of factors if we're being perfectly honest (and it's not like in the world of football, everything goes to plan).

Sorry to digress (and apologies for the awful post layout, I'm sure you get the picture though), but I'm sure you'd all appreciate the welcome distraction from actually discussing the topic at hand even for a brief moment.  I'm sure the mods will let me off this once, else I'll just start complaining about our performance and have them begging for me to be talking about something else.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      Reply #837: Mar 22, 2012 11:49:15 am
      Your post and the one you was responding to was spot on.. Summed up way better than I could.. These so called "horrendous buys" had the majority of the game under control and ironically, the players at fault (individual mistakes which lead to the goals) were from arguably our best players this season.. *sighs*
      When we win the KK thread is quiet.. Loose and it kicks off.. Are our fans becoming that obvious??

There seems to be a lot more to discuss/debate and analyze when things go wrong.

The flip side is something along the lines of 'Hey, we won, we must be doing something right, I'm happy - let's not change a thing'.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #838: Mar 22, 2012 11:51:23 am
      Maybe in some players mind the season is already over with a cup in then cabinet and to add another visit to wembley.

I cannot understand how we can allow 2-0 close to victory turn into a 3-2 defeat, feel for the King who constantly backs the players but only to be let down when it matters most.

I would love for Kenny to put the whole squad barring Suarez on them market just to tear a new one!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #839: Mar 22, 2012 12:01:17 pm
      Ok, ive had to stay away from the thread from last nights match because frankly i felt a bit sick at 9.45 last night.

Lets briefly look at the game, another where we played easily well enough to win it, we could have been 3 or 4 up and the game dead but we didnt, we missed far too many chances again and have been made to pay for it again but this time we found a new way of doing that. At 2-0 the game should be done, we should have been good enough to close the game out or even pick them off for a 3rd on the break.. What happened last night happens in the game, the players deserve stick today and rightly so, but not the manager, not for the fact his side threw a game away they had won.
      But these things happen in football, thats why we love the game, lets not celebrate our come backs and then get too suicidal over other teams, i mean im just as gutted as anyone over that but lets put it into perspective and move on (after a few shoeings are handed out) Lets face it these come backs happen to the best of sides, Arsenal 4 up at a poorer Newcastle last season, Manure against Basel this season, even Spurs against Arsenal recently in a game they were well on top of, and we dont need to mention 05'. Just part of the game we all love..

Kenny cannot be blamed for this, im not going into why as its frankly obvious.

Overall this season i keep seeing people slag off the buys etc... But the one thing that jumps out to me and again was evident last night is we lack a goalscorer. Im not meaning this to have a go at Andy (obviously he didnt start) but overall this season had we had a front man who was on 15-20 goals at this point then we WOULD be higher in the table, had we taken the chances we create on a regular basis then games that we have dropped points in we wouldnt have done and you can accept to an extent the odd poor performance like Sunderland, Bolton or Spurs.. If we had someone taking the chances then people wouldnt be on Henderson or Downings backs as much because we would be winning games. Its obvious to me thats where we need to look to improve this summer, a natural goalscorer, someone to finish off the good football we play on a regular basis.
      Andy gets stick because of his price tag, and i wonder if that may be something that people will never allow him to forget, but even if he cost 15 million i still think we would need another option up there. As much as Luis is a great player he doesnt get enough goals either, between him and Andy they aren't getting the goals that we need, what have they got between them in the league? 9? If we had someone up top on 20 then i would think that the midfield would be getting more as well, evryone is snatching at chances because we dont take enough.

Last night was a freak, something that happens from time to time and i felt sick after the game but its not the most down ive felt this season, Bolton still takes that prize ahead of Sunderland. We played well enough to win last night and should have done and rightfully so the players deserve stick today.

Kenny isnt immune from critism, no manager is, one thing i felt he got wrong last night was when Kelly went off he should have just thrown Flanagan on, he obviously put him on the bench because he wasnt sure about Kelly's fitness so use him.. Ill defend Carra all day everyday but he shouldnt have been moved to full back last night.
      But to blame Kenny for the result is a joke, some of the comments on the previous pages are f**king shocking, im not going to pull out individuals because i cant be bothered to talk to fuckwits.. If you think that comment is aimed at you thats because it probably is, you are a discrace to Liverpool football club.
      Reading the pages through its laughable.. The same people post like this..
      First 25 minutes.. We are brilliant, football is a joy
      Next 20.. This shower are sh*te, Sack the lot..
      Next 30.. I knew we would do this the way we have played today, wonderful, we can get 4th its not over..
      Last 15.. Kenny out, players out, we are sh*te, we are a nothing middle of the table club..
      You lot are embarrassing. Again if you think thats aimed at you, take it that it is.

The last 15 minutes the players deserve stick for, no problem but the way some react is beyond stupid.

Last night hasnt changed anything for me, i know where we are in the re-build, it wont happen over night and i still think we only need 3 players this summer.

Put it behind you lads and beat Wigan Saturday.

Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #840: Mar 22, 2012 12:06:16 pm
      First and last post in this topic.

Speechless.

That is all.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #841: Mar 22, 2012 12:06:44 pm
      Is it just me or do we always struggle against sides battling relegation?

Seems as though they want to avoid relegation more than we want to finish top.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #842: Mar 22, 2012 12:10:34 pm
      Is it just me or do we always struggle against sides battling relegation?

Seems as though they want to avoid relegation more than we want to finish top.

We do and it's not a new phenomenon mate as we have been like this for years.

Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #843: Mar 22, 2012 12:11:18 pm
      76#*$*--&4'-+**'$-&5:

Better than the alternative language I was using after I watched the game.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #844: Mar 22, 2012 12:22:21 pm
      One thing that has hit me this season and i have said it a few times too people how poor reina has been this season. Hes conceded so easily this year i felt he didnt make himself big enough for the third goal very soft it was.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,169 posts | 520 
      Reply #845: Mar 22, 2012 12:41:40 pm
      Ok, ive had to stay away from the thread from last nights match because frankly i felt a bit sick at 9.45 last night.

Lets briefly look at the game, another where we played easily well enough to win it, we could have been 3 or 4 up and the game dead but we didnt, we missed far too many chances again and have been made to pay for it again but this time we found a new way of doing that. At 2-0 the game should be done, we should have been good enough to close the game out or even pick them off for a 3rd on the break.. What happened last night happens in the game, the players deserve stick today and rightly so, but not the manager, not for the fact his side threw a game away they had won.
      But these things happen in football, thats why we love the game, lets not celebrate our come backs and then get too suicidal over other teams, i mean im just as gutted as anyone over that but lets put it into perspective and move on (after a few shoeings are handed out) Lets face it these come backs happen to the best of sides, Arsenal 4 up at a poorer Newcastle last season, Manure against Basel this season, even Spurs against Arsenal recently in a game they were well on top of, and we dont need to mention 05'. Just part of the game we all love..

Kenny cannot be blamed for this, im not going into why as its frankly obvious.

Overall this season i keep seeing people slag off the buys etc... But the one thing that jumps out to me and again was evident last night is we lack a goalscorer. Im not meaning this to have a go at Andy (obviously he didnt start) but overall this season had we had a front man who was on 15-20 goals at this point then we WOULD be higher in the table, had we taken the chances we create on a regular basis then games that we have dropped points in we wouldnt have done and you can accept to an extent the odd poor performance like Sunderland, Bolton or Spurs.. If we had someone taking the chances then people wouldnt be on Henderson or Downings backs as much because we would be winning games. Its obvious to me thats where we need to look to improve this summer, a natural goalscorer, someone to finish off the good football we play on a regular basis.
      Andy gets stick because of his price tag, and i wonder if that may be something that people will never allow him to forget, but even if he cost 15 million i still think we would need another option up there. As much as Luis is a great player he doesnt get enough goals either, between him and Andy they aren't getting the goals that we need, what have they got between them in the league? 9? If we had someone up top on 20 then i would think that the midfield would be getting more as well, evryone is snatching at chances because we dont take enough.

Last night was a freak, something that happens from time to time and i felt sick after the game but its not the most down ive felt this season, Bolton still takes that prize ahead of Sunderland. We played well enough to win last night and should have done and rightfully so the players deserve stick today.

Kenny isnt immune from critism, no manager is, one thing i felt he got wrong last night was when Kelly went off he should have just thrown Flanagan on, he obviously put him on the bench because he wasnt sure about Kelly's fitness so use him.. Ill defend Carra all day everyday but he shouldnt have been moved to full back last night.
      But to blame Kenny for the result is a joke, some of the comments on the previous pages are f**king shocking, im not going to pull out individuals because i cant be bothered to talk to fuckwits.. If you think that comment is aimed at you thats because it probably is, you are a discrace to Liverpool football club.
      Reading the pages through its laughable.. The same people post like this..
      First 25 minutes.. We are brilliant, football is a joy
      Next 20.. This shower are sh*te, Sack the lot..
      Next 30.. I knew we would do this the way we have played today, wonderful, we can get 4th its not over..
      Last 15.. Kenny out, players out, we are sh*te, we are a nothing middle of the table club..
      You lot are embarrassing. Again if you think thats aimed at you, take it that it is.

The last 15 minutes the players deserve stick for, no problem but the way some react is beyond stupid.

Last night hasnt changed anything for me, i know where we are in the re-build, it wont happen over night and i still think we only need 3 players this summer.

Put it behind you lads and beat Wigan Saturday.

Cracking post,sanity restored hopefully to this thread.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #846: Mar 22, 2012 12:58:11 pm
      We have missed this lad.

LUCAS.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #847: Mar 22, 2012 01:01:04 pm
      Complacency?

So unlike Liverpool if I'm honest. Can't remember the last time we had a two goal lead and throw it away but it looked like we completely switched off in the last 15 minutes.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #848: Mar 22, 2012 01:03:57 pm
      Maybe in some players mind the season is already over with a cup in then cabinet and to add another visit to wembley.

I cannot understand how we can allow 2-0 close to victory turn into a 3-2 defeat, feel for the King who constantly backs the players but only to be let down when it matters most.

I would love for Kenny to put the whole squad barring Suarez on them market just to tear a new one!

If you say so... I'd miss Stevie though. :(

Also pisses me off when Skrtel and Enrique are to blame, they get 0 stick. Instead you all find a way  to pin it on Carroll, Hendo, or Adam.
      Oops_QPRdidITagain
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #849: Mar 22, 2012 01:24:51 pm
      Hi Guys,

I'm a QPR fan but I'm really sorry to see this happen as I am also liking Liverpool.

Just too say you tried your best but could not overcome the mighty super hoops  ;)

But I like liverpool a lot but you need to change manager and change player like gerrard and carra. Not good for prem.

Better luck next time friends  :)  But you are top team and I really like Liverpool hope you win FA cup.

;D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #850: Mar 22, 2012 01:25:22 pm
      If you say so... I'd miss Stevie though. :(

Also pisses me off when Skrtel and Enrique are to blame, they get 0 stick. Instead you all find a way  to pin it on Carroll, Hendo, or Adam.

But whilst no blame may lie at Adam's door for the defeat, his performance is rightly getting the criticism it deserves.

Quick Reply