Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

QPR 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Aggro

Read 57703 times
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Re: QPR 3-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Aggro
      Reply #851: Mar 22, 2012 01:35:06 pm
      Just not focussed again,our defence was awfull for a change. Coates goal was spectacular,and downing  really stepped up his game. Really agree with previous poster reina letting in soft goals this year.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #852: Mar 22, 2012 01:36:24 pm
      Just not focussed again,our defence was awfull for a change. Coates goal was spectacular,and downing  really stepped up his game. Really agree with previous poster reina letting in soft goals this year.

yea its strange! A team can have 1-2 goals at Liverpool a game and they will go in - whats happened to Reina?
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #853: Mar 22, 2012 02:19:06 pm
      Complacency?

So unlike Liverpool if I'm honest. Can't remember the last time we had a two goal lead and throw it away but it looked like we completely switched off in the last 15 minutes.

I saw a stat on Twitter last night from OptaJoe. The last time we lost a game from being 2-0 up was 2000 against Leeds - that's 12 years ago, hence why you (and me) couldn't remember it.

I think I do recall it now. I think we lost 4-2 in the end.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #854: Mar 22, 2012 02:24:15 pm
      I saw a stat on Twitter last night from OptaJoe. The last time we lost a game from being 2-0 up was 2000 against Leeds - that's 12 years ago, hence why you (and me) couldn't remember it.

I think I do recall it now. I think we lost 4-2 in the end.

That's was the game when Viduka scored all 4 for Leeds and it finished 4-3.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #855: Mar 22, 2012 02:32:23 pm
      That's was the game when Viduka scored all 4 for Leeds and it finished 4-3.

Yes, I remember it now.
      Matt_
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #856: Mar 22, 2012 02:36:08 pm
      Watched the game again today. We totally dominated the game, we were cruising at 2-0. It's our own inept ability to score goals which is why we have had a poor season. People keep slagging Downing off, I'm sorry but if we scored a small fraction of the chances he's created, we'd be challenging for top 3 no problem! Im a firm believer in 110% effort from players and sometimes wish the lad would look a bit more lively when we havnt got possession but I can't fault his input with the ball.

What we are lacking is a goal scorer. I will never class Suarez as world class until he bags 20 a season. He's missed so many chances for us and doesn't seem like a team player we need. For all his fantastic play outside the box, I'd sooner swap that for him putting the ball in the back of the net more than he does and would like to see him pass more rather than try to run through defenders.

Top 4 out of our reach I reckon, got to finish in top 6 to try & attract a real goal scorer in the summer!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #857: Mar 22, 2012 02:58:30 pm
      I didn't see the game live since I was working, but I was following on Twitter and watched some highlights last night.

Seems like the same old crap again. Playing well, not scoring (then again Suarez was by himself, right?), then getting burned by very poor marking on set pieces and corners. Same damn thing. We are complete crap at defending corners and crosses, it's unreal.

The worst part about the loss is not the fact that Chelsea lost and Tottenham were held (another blown opportunity, btw), but that the pitiful performance in the last 15 minutes overshadows a stunningly beautiful goal from Coates -- who probably won't even start the next for some dumb reason even though he should.

Such a frustrating season for us. I must say, though, I'm tired of hearing "unlucky" to describe Liverpool this season. We are unlucky at times, yes, but let's face it: yesterday wasn't about luck.

Games like this happen during the course of the season. This one only burns more because we couldn't get the job done in other games, and that's coming back to bite us. Now let's move to the next one.....

and COATES!!! What a goal!  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #858: Mar 22, 2012 03:21:30 pm
      Watching those last few minutes got me thinking, are we lacking the fitness to run out games or are we just complacent or is it even a mental hurdle we need to overcome?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #859: Mar 22, 2012 03:29:17 pm
      I think with the run of a couple of decent games we'd put together we became complacent when we went 2-0 up and assumed the game was won. Fair play to QPR as they didn't stop battling & got the result in the end. Our players need to realise that a football match lasts 90 minutes, if we managed to put three past AC Milan in 6 minutes then it's always possible another team could do it us. Fair enough if we're 3-0 up in injury time we can start to relax a little, but until then we must keep our focus. If we don't this will happen to us again.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #860: Mar 22, 2012 03:58:59 pm
      First post for me on the game,  To be honest I switched of PC,TV and went to sleep as soon as the game finished , was too gutted to comment on the game
      , we could have scored 3/4/5 in the first half  and more than the 2 we scored till the 78th minute, The minute all the team SWITCHED  OFF
         i remember the days when we were famous for the last 5minutes pressing from LIVERPOOL , Now its the other way round and this was not the only time, last  Arsenal game comes to mind
            our midfield was invisible in the last 10 mins, I don't suppose we are fit for only 75/80 mins,

YNWA

Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #861: Mar 22, 2012 04:05:35 pm
      I think the worst thing is how predictable the whole thing was. As soon as QPR were back in it at 2-1 it was inevitable they were going to score again. Was just waiting for it to painfully happen, and it did. If we could just learn to see out games in the future then no doubt we'll obviously see improvement.

Also I can't really see how that any of that was Dalglish's fault to be honest. Ok, I'm really 'pro-kenny' so to speak, but really would it of made a difference if it was Rafa or a Jose Mourinho in the dug-out last night? I don't think so.

I still think we're making big progress under Kenny, okay so this result is really hard to take and it hurts but every club has them. Look at United a couple of months ago, lost 3-2 to Blackburn at home. Chelsea lost to the mighty project owl. I wouldn't dwell on the result too much and try and remain positive for the rest of the season. Kenny has done a good job as far as I'm concerned, he picked up our first trophy in six years in just his first full season in charge. We're two wins away from picking up our 8th FA Cup, and has took us to two (potentially three) trips to Wembley in the process. If that's not progression then I dunno what is. Sure things could be better in the league, but let's be realistic here, having two very good cups runs and qualifying for the Champions League was always going to be tough and I think expecting Kenny to do that was asking a lot. I think with a couple more signings next year will be different and these are the sort of games we'll walk with Kenny in charge, we just need to give him the time. Patience is virtue.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #862: Mar 22, 2012 04:06:21 pm
      Again, this was really a shock result at the end of the day, so put down your pitchforks and diffuse your flamethrowers. We had the game completely under control for 78 minutes, just lost it on their 3 clear cut chances.

Read on twitter that we scored on 1 out of our 3 clear cut chances, they scored on all 3. Not like they were carving us open all day. We just switched off for 15 minutes. It wasn't just Hendo, or Downing, or Adam, or Carroll. The whole team did it. Why isn't anyone having a go at Enrique for his pub league esque swing and miss, or Skrtel not even jumping to try and throw Cisse off on his goal? They've been our two best defenders all season, and they both fu**ed up, but everyone is jumping on Hendo and Downing and Adam and Carroll because they've been underperforming this season. They didn't lose us the game though, the team did.

Who kept the ball alive and shot the ball which Kuyt scored from on the rebound? Downing. Who released Suarez in the first few minutes to have a 1 on 1 with the keeper? Adam. He had a sh*t game and got hurt, but it's not like he didn't contribute.

The biggest mistake of the match was taking Suarez off. With Carroll on QPR could push up the field without the threat of getting in behind. That was Kenny's mistake. I feel confident we would have held on had Luisito been on the pitch, but oh well. In the grand scheme of things the result can only hurt our season if we let it affect our confidence heading in to the FA Cup Semis. The rest of these games mean jack diddly sh*t, and should be treated accordingly with bringing in a combination of youth and experience.

I'll be very surprised and disappointed if Shelvey, Robinson, Coates and Sterling don't get some games in the rest of the season.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #863: Mar 22, 2012 04:10:58 pm
      Once again, it came down to finishing most of the chances created and we failed miserably in that department. Football is a cruel game, that's for sure. We lead them 2-0 and that for most of us, was done and dusted. Until we reached 80th minutes or so, where at most of the season we showed our true strength at that certain time we switched off.

I'm not blaming anyone as this is not an individual game. The team must share the criticism but there's a bit complacency in our game. Often when we're facing a near relegation team, we failed at most of the occasion.

Let this be a lesson to be learnt for our lads and for us and it ain't over till the fat franklady sing!
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #864: Mar 22, 2012 04:19:18 pm
      Kenny's interviews worry me nowadays. They really do.

Just admit Kenny We were sh*t for once.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #865: Mar 22, 2012 04:32:28 pm
      Kenny's interviews worry me nowadays. They really do.

Just admit Kenny We were sh*t for once.

How many times do Wenger, Fergie, Mourinho or even Rafa ever come out and say we were sh*t?

Keep that for behind closed doors.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #866: Mar 22, 2012 04:51:02 pm
       I am more annoyed at this result than any other this year, we were two goal up with 13 minutes left and we lost the game 3-2

Piss poor
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #867: Mar 22, 2012 04:57:35 pm
      Have to say that QPR side was the worst we played all season.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #868: Mar 22, 2012 05:03:03 pm
      Have to say that QPR side was the worst we played all season.

Are you basing that opinion on the whole 90 minutes or just the collapse at the end of the game?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #869: Mar 22, 2012 05:03:04 pm
      Haven't seen the game yet myself but from what my mate told me this morning we should have had this game wrapped up by half time.

Therein lies the problem, i have to say that i agree with the post made by PaisleyDalglish, we need an out and out goalscorer. I was told Carroll didn't start again, why i don't know.

If we are to realise the potential of his partnership with Suarez then they have to play together on a more regular basis. I don't know how many starts exactly they have had together with Gerrard but it's only a few, it has to change.

They can play together, i thought against Stoke they linked well and were beginnning to form something but then Carroll gets dropped again.

Have to agree with PaisleyDalglish about the idiots that post after a defeat condemning the players and manager, it's not on.

Yes it is frustrating, we all hurt after a defeat and have no doubt, the players will be hurting today. To suggest they don't care is ridiculous and if we'd put the chances away then Dalglish would be a tactical genius again.

Let's not forget that the new signings have to be given time.

Is a full Season a fair amount of time to give a new player time to adjust?. Of course it is.

If, at the start of next Season the players are not up to scratch then it will be more fair to criticise them then, to expect miracles after the mess we were left in is just too much of an ask.

Time is of utmost importance and time is what it will take. We have no divine right to be the best, we have to work hard for it. That goes for every single individual associated with our great Club.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #870: Mar 22, 2012 05:04:21 pm
      Are you basing that opinion on the whole 90 minutes or just the collapse at the end of the game?

QPR didnt collapse at the end we did, I'm talking about QPR, that is there first win in 2 months and i can see why
      RevillAll
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #871: Mar 22, 2012 05:06:47 pm
      Defensively, we fell away in a manner, that should never happen ! Defence is our weakness, and Reina is one of the weaker links in the side.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #872: Mar 22, 2012 05:08:08 pm
      QPR didnt collapse at the end we did, I'm talking about QPR, that is there first win in 2 months and i can see why

My apologies. I misread what you were saying.

Yes, agreed. QPR were awful. They have a tough run-in and are far from safe from relegation.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #873: Mar 22, 2012 05:08:52 pm
      I think they will be relegated along with Wolves and possibly Wigan

Quick Reply