Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Damien Comolli confirmed as Director of Football.

Read 42540 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Damien Comolli confirmed as Director of Football.
      Reply #506: Mar 19, 2012 10:34:50 am
      Don't get me started on the tea lady.
      If we were anyway modern at all as a club then we'd have a coffee machine.
      #fsgout
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #507: Mar 19, 2012 10:40:11 am
      #fsgout

;D

vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #508: Mar 19, 2012 10:48:51 am
      #fsgout

I find it absolutely strange that you don't?  Humans can't perform without coffee, I'm pretty sure it's a scientific fact right up there with hotel sex always being better than it's non-hotel counterpart...
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #509: Mar 19, 2012 10:52:05 am

Exactly and none of your old fashioned, English, percolator things either. We need a quality, Spanish based, Ascaso coffee machine if we are to compete. I know you can't really judge anything by youtube but have a duke at this...

Product Demo of Ascaso Coffee Machine (Video production by Videoagency)

vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #510: Mar 19, 2012 11:05:51 am
      Exactly and none of your old fashioned, English, percolator things either. We need a quality, Spanish based, Ascaso coffee machine if we are to compete. I know you can't really judge anything by youtube but have a duke at this...

Actually bbb, you'd need a quality, American based Slayer machine if we're being pedantic over coffee machines ;)

If you ever get the chance to experience a coffee made from a "Slayer" machine, I'd highly recommend it.

On topic though: Damien Comolli is still our director of football.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #511: Mar 19, 2012 11:15:22 am
      Indeed Vi, Hotel Sex and Nespresso machines.
      Scientifically proven to be better.

If we haven't discovered that at club level then I need to send my CV in.
      Step aside DC.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #512: Mar 19, 2012 11:42:03 am
      Actually bbb, you'd need a quality, American based Slayer machine if we're being pedantic over coffee machines
      I dunno mate. Folk are still a bit sceptical (or, for our U.S. fans skeptical) about anything American... remember; we were promised a Slayer in our ground within sixty days once before. Besides that Ascaso already looks good in Red.

On topic though: Damien Comolli is still our director of football.
      Ah but is he?

He could well be an alien who, when he speaks, feeds negativity...

"We already know that there are big players who want to join us next summer because they believe in the project," Comolli told Sky Sports. - could be interpreted as a positive and was therefore widely ignored as 'spin'.

"It is early days. We will probably make some adjustments in the summer but nothing that we've done before," he said.  "We signed nine players since Kenny came back so there will be a few adjustments but nothing massive." - could be interpreted as negative so was acclaimed as the way, the truth and the light.

The man is, in fact... a Negatron from the planet Bipolaris.  :o

If we haven't discovered that at club level then I need to send my CV in.
      Step aside DC.

... But if Sega do 'Coffee Manager 2012' you'll be up against some stiff competition racer.  :-\

« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2012 12:01:55 pm by bad boy bubby »
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #513: Mar 19, 2012 04:35:47 pm

English coffee machines don't have any where near the versatility of Spainish ones.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #514: Mar 19, 2012 05:10:03 pm
      Spanish and American coffee machines just couldn't make a decent cup on a cold night at Stoke.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #515: Mar 20, 2012 10:16:41 am

Classy.
      It's like the Xabi Alonso of coffee machines.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #516: Mar 20, 2012 04:22:14 pm
      English coffee machines don't have any where near the versatility of Spainish ones.

I know.
      When I first arrived in Spain in 2001 I quickly developed an addiction.
      For me its easy. Addictive personality .

So every morning I could do nada  until I had loaded up with three Cafe Americanos muy grande.
      I used to shake for hours after.    F ..ing loved it. Heart Rate didn't.

Muy Bien.

Whats the topic?

Comolli. Yes.

Where was I?

Dos de azúcar por favor Manuel.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #517: Mar 20, 2012 04:37:50 pm
      The lesson of the day is... in football, as with coffee, Brazil rule.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #518: Mar 20, 2012 07:57:08 pm
      The lesson of the day is... in football, as with coffee, Brazil rule.

And with ladies area shaving style...

HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #519: Mar 31, 2012 12:59:10 am
      Vulnerable Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli must help Kenny Dalglish sign better players

Springtime is traditionally scapegoat-hunting season at Anfield.

By Chris Bascombe 11:59PM BST 30 Mar 2012

The premature post-mortem into the league campaign begins, and if criticising a popular manager is too hard to stomach, there is usually an array of boardroom executives, owners or Liverpool players who are more convenient targets.

Nowadays, there is an even more vulnerable object of the fans’ ire: the director of football.

For those with no appetite to question the signings of Kenny Dalglish, shifting attention to Damien Comolli (pictured) – a man with no historic or emotional ties to the Kop – is less provocative.

Each poor performance is followed by questions about his role, but the definition of Comolli ’s position is clear. When Dalglish identifies a player he wants to sign, Comolli starts the negotiations to complete the deal.

That is how it worked last summer. If player contracts need extending, Comolli takes care of this. He has basically absorbed many responsibilities once associated with the chief executive.

There is now a distinction between the corporate and sporting aspects of how Liverpool are run, so you will not find anyone trying to agree a fee for a player one minute while trying to organise the ticket office the next.

Comolli is also entrusted with finding talent and bringing it to Dalglish’s attention.

There is a difference between a recommendation and a demand he sign someone. As yet, there is no player recruited under the new regime who the manager did not want. That will remain the case.

Equally, there will be an expectation this summer that Comolli shows evidence of the contacts and ability to spot a bargain that convinced Fenway Sports Group to make him their first appointment after taking charge.

Dalglish will anticipate his scouting department will supply a series of attainable names that will have him purring with excitement. This is where pressure on Comolli will justifiably intensify. Comolli believes his track record at Arsenal and Spurs demonstrates his ability to unearth talent. It must be said, there are those at both north London clubs who believe his contribution was significantly overplayed.

We are left to reach conclusions depending on the strength of each briefing, as in football credit is never apportioned fairly if it is a threat to one’s own self-interest.

If Comolli was the greatest talent spotter since Brian Epstein, his former clubs probably would not admit it, but it does not mean they are wrong in their mischievous whispers that FSG were sold a pup.

What is not disputed is Comolli oversaw many of the deals at White Hart Lane for players who have excelled since he left, but it needed the appointment of Harry Redknapp to get the best from them.

Liverpool’s form since their Carling Cup win triggers an alarming sense of déjà vu for Comolli. In February 2008, Juande Ramos’s Spurs side beat Chelsea in the League Cup final.

Of the subsequent 20 Premier League games, Spurs won just three, leading to the dismissal of Ramos, his assistant Gus Poyet and Comolli himself. After recommending Ramos’s appointment, Comolli had been warned he would be held accountable for failure.

Of the five Premier League games Liverpool have played since beating Cardiff, they have lost four. They head to Newcastle tomorrow, a club who have benefited from the French market you would expect Comolli to know best.

While there are those who will seek to drive a wedge between the director and the manager as sides are taken in the blame game, the fate of Comolli and Dalglish is united by a single factor which will decide their futures. They must identify and sign better players.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9176958/Vulnerable-Liverpool-director-of-football-Damien-Comolli-must-help-Kenny-Dalglish-sign-better-players.html

I have to take issue with the sub headline that Spring is scapegoat-hunting time at Anfield. F***ing Bascombe at it again.  :roll:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #520: Mar 31, 2012 11:17:59 am
      I have to take issue with the sub headline that Spring is scapegoat-hunting time at Anfield.

Indeed HtH for 'we' have been hunting them goats all F***ing season.   ;D
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #521: Mar 31, 2012 12:43:49 pm
      I didnt know Comolli found Prince Boateng for spurs.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #522: Mar 31, 2012 01:13:23 pm
      Comolli is doing a great job of taking not any responsibility for signing players.Ask Spurs fans about him and they were glad to see the back of him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #523: Mar 31, 2012 01:17:59 pm
      Comolli is doing a great job of taking not any responsibility for signing players.Ask Spurs fans about him and they were glad to see the back of him.

But his signings have been a success,look how they are performing now, how about we allow Comolli some time to judge his signings for us?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #524: Mar 31, 2012 03:17:51 pm
      But his signings have been a success,look how they are performing now, how about we allow Comolli some time to judge his signings for us?

Im happy to give him time, you only have to look at some of the players he has taken to Arsenal and Spurs that are doing very well now to see he has an eye for a player.

He will still be here even if Kenny moved on so the transfer policy wouldn't change too much anyway.
      He is another that deserves more time to judge him.. At least judge him better after the summer.

Feel like a broken record saying give him, Kenny, the owners more time. But that's because it's what is needed.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #525: Mar 31, 2012 10:00:19 pm
      Well look at our signings under Rafa, Alonso, Reina, Masharano, Garcia ok the was the Kewell, but compared to Carroll,Henderson, Downing and Adam, we have gone backwards in our signings, we looked a better balanced side the second half of last season than this season with the new signings, something has to change soon we are sliding 9th now with Everton above us.....
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #526: Mar 31, 2012 10:04:10 pm
      Or maybe look at Keane, Dossena, Aquilani, Babel and maybe we have not gone as far back as you might think.

Quick Reply