Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Your first ever LFC game thread.....

Read 98318 times
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Your first ever LFC game thread.....
      Reply #253: Jun 04, 2010 04:00:06 pm
      My first ever Liverpool game was a youth or reserve game (can't quite remember) at Anfield against Stockport County. I only remember it briefly as it was about ten years ago. Think we won 3-1.
      Dan Mezen
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #254: Sep 15, 2010 04:19:40 pm
      Liverpool v Athletico Madrid lost 2-1. Sergio Aguero and Diego Forlan scored. Lucas got a rare goal to pull one back. Kop end was electric and it was also glen Johnson debut.
      « Last Edit: Sep 16, 2010 08:33:03 am by Dan Mezen »
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #255: Sep 15, 2010 06:21:42 pm
      With me dad, at Anfield, v. Oldham, I remember it was the first day of the season, sitting in the main stand, on wooden seats, it was Mark Walters debut and we had the kits with the massive three stripes on the right shoulder.

Just checked, it was '91, I was 8, we won 2-1 and Mark Walter' middle name is Everton, ;D, never knew that (well it is according to wikipedia...)
      thephotoman
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #256: Sep 15, 2010 09:47:49 pm
      Liverpool v Athletico Madrid lost 2-1. Sergio Aguero and Diego Forlan scored. Lucas got a rare goal to pull one back. Kop end was electric and it was also glen Johnson debut.

I was there for that game also, altho not my first.

1st Away game - Everton Milk Cup Final 0-0 Wembley 1984
      1st Home game - Panathinaikos EC SF 4-0 April 1985
      2nd Away game - Juventus EC Final Brussels May 1985.....
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #257: Sep 16, 2010 10:38:22 am
      my first game was the last one on the good old KOP.
      '94 against norwich. goss scored a cracker.
      bought a ticket outside for £40 on the day.
      we lost 1 nil. what a day though just seeing all the greats coming on the pitch
      to say thank you to us the fans.
      the banner said it all.
      fast forward 16years the only banner i want to see now is''thank fcuk the wa**s are gone''
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #258: Sep 16, 2010 11:10:39 am
      My first game was against Arsenal in 1983, just after christmas if I recall. We won 3-1, Rush, Dalglish and Souness on the scoresheet. My uncle sat me on the bar in the Kop, what an experience that was for a young lad!

Another game that always sticks out was from 1986 I think, against Leicester City, we won 4-3, and Alan Smith scored 3 for them, Rush got 3 for us and Paul Walsh scored. Great game.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #259: Sep 16, 2010 03:44:01 pm
      October 93.

Liverpool v Fulham league cup.

5-0. . Five goals to Fowler. Special.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #260: Sep 16, 2010 04:15:46 pm
      Last season against Birmingham 2-2.

My Dad had promised to take me since I can remember and he finally came good with his promise!

Also went to see the Benfica game when we won 4-1, what a game!
      yehyehyehred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #261: Sep 16, 2010 05:07:17 pm
      I think it was 86,we beat Coventry 5-0.I was 7 and me dad took me for the first time to show me where he used to stand when he was young on the kop. The only thing i remember is Steve Ogrizovic was in goal for Coventry and he gave away a penalty for handball outside the area. Next day we went to Melwood and met King Kenny and Craig Johnston. Top bloke Craig Johnston was.
      LauraMc
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts |
      Reply #262: Sep 16, 2010 09:38:37 pm
      vs Arsenal first game of this season.
      1-1
      Ngog and Pepe!
      :P
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Ghost stories and memories of Liverpool fc.
      Reply #263: Jan 05, 2011 10:18:13 am
      My first memory of Liverpool was back in 1965 with the F.A. cup final. The only reason I picked Liverpool was I had heard of Liverpool, I had never heard of Leeds (I was only young). Thankfully Liverpool won and so I started to follow them through the newspapers. The next season we won the league and England won the World cup, so my interest in football started to grow quickly. My first game at Anfield was against the mancs in '68, my memories of that game seem as clear today as they were then. The shock of the colours (TV was black and white back then,) and the sound of the kop. Sadly my dad had taken me into the paddock so I was nearer to the mancs in the Anfield road end than the Kop, but I couldn't take my eyes off the seething mass at the other end of the ground. Finally after what semed an age the two teams came out, a thankfully weak mancs team and a full strength Liverpool side. Thompson started to give Fitzpatrick the run around right from the first whistle, with the dirty bas**rds only reply being to chop him down at every opporunity.

The first goal wasn't long coming, Thompson beat Fitzpatrick and whipped the ball into the Anfield Road End box. St John rose like a stag and smashed a great header into the net from around the penalty spot. Liverpool were all over them for the rest of the game, but it was quite late in the second half before Alun Evans rifled in the second at the kop end. 2-0 and a young kids journey to becoming a supporter had begun. I only missed one home game for the rest of that season, and even managed to get to a couple of away games.

That was my only experiencE of the paddock, after that it was always the Kop for me, I only went in the Anfield Road End once in all my time watching Liverpool, but we beat Ipswich 4-0 that day so it wasn't too bad.       

little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #264: Jan 05, 2011 11:26:51 am
      Anfield, a few days before Istanbul and was the last day of the season.

2-1 vs Aston Villa.
      Cisse got a penalty and 1 more, Barry scored for them.

Highlight was meeting some of the players before and afterwards :) and the buzz of the European cup final only a few days away :)
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #265: Jul 19, 2011 08:33:53 pm
      Er....My first ever LFC game was at Anfield in January 1974....I stood on a beer crate with me hat n scarf on alongside my grandad(he always managed to sneek that beercrate in and blag yer man at the turnstiles in the anny road end..priceless)..
      it was the 3rd round of the FA Cup against Doncaster United...Jaw droppingly brilliant !!....and although the game ended 2-2 we went on to win the replay and of course , onwards and upwards to Wembley and lift the trophy after that, still to this day , masterclass in football on the hallowed turf  8)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #266: Jul 19, 2011 08:34:58 pm
      Er....My first ever LFC game was at Anfield in January 1974....I stood on a beer crate with me hat n scarf on alongside my grandad(he always managed to sneek that beercrate in and blag yer man at the turnstiles in the anny road end..priceless)..
      it was the 3rd round of the FA Cup against Doncaster United...Jaw droppingly brilliant !!....and although the game ended 2-2 we went on to win the replay and of course , onwards and upwards to Wembley and lift the trophy after that, still to this day , masterclass in football on the hallowed turf  8)
      Are you Brian Reade??
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #267: Jul 19, 2011 08:38:54 pm
      Ha Ha Ha...Thanks for the comparison Repro , alas no...Just so many vivid memories from back then which fed my addiction..
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #268: Jul 19, 2011 09:00:49 pm
      Leicester City, April 95.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #269: Jul 19, 2011 09:06:21 pm

Beer crate!! I took a Milk crate. :lmao: Could you imagine that now!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #270: Jul 19, 2011 09:16:17 pm
      Beer crate!! I took a Milk crate. :lmao: Could you imagine that now!
      Yea !!..maybe it was a milk crate , I was only 9 at the time but once I stood up on it I had a great view...but yea imagine that now eh...
      the general
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #271: Jul 19, 2011 10:34:35 pm
      Bolton at anfield, 2003, Owen and Diouf the scorers, it was my 10th birthday present, I went round school the next day showing off my programme :D
      bossred1
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      Reply #272: Dec 04, 2012 09:59:26 pm
      Liverpool v Man City 27-11-2011

The Score was 1-1 due to a kompany header and a deflected shot from the legend Charlie Adam!!  I sat in the centenary, wish I sat in the kop tho, centenary is full of tourist (like me, but not the singing ones).
      Best day of my life tbh. Probs better than my sisters birth which was the day before we got ourselves to the fa cup final vs chelski in 2012. YNWA
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #273: Dec 05, 2012 01:09:15 am

Liverpool 2-0 Oxford

Alridge
      Barnes

Sat in the Kemlyn Rd end, shirt, tracksuit (top & bottoms), hat and scarf with my old man.

A love that will never die YNWA.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #274: Dec 05, 2012 02:45:38 am
      Ian Rush testimonial against Celtic, won 6-1 i think. I believe it was 1995.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #275: Dec 05, 2012 07:14:49 am
      saturday april 7 2012. my first time in liverpool, my first time to anfield. my old man went over 20 years ago for his honeymoon, went with my mother, bought a scarf etc, watched us play QPR. now he took his two sons (obviously my bro and I) to watch us play aston villa. it was the 1-1 draw. i got to see jonjo start his first game in the prem. i got to see chris herd score his first goal in the prem (okay so he's villa, but he's an aussie like me so it's a bit special). obviously got to see the great king kenny on the touchline at anfield.

also went to the semi final. got to see us beat the blueshite from 1-0 down at half time. carroll and suarez goals. the assist from bellamy for carroll's goal. the terrible mistake that lead to their goal. i will remember it all fondly.

also went to chelsea benfica... when they scored late i fistpumped in a sea of big angry chelsea fans.. then meireles scored that beauty, damn.

Quick Reply