Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

So, Minecraft, eh?

Read 9949 times
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      So, Minecraft, eh?
      Mar 28, 2012 03:48:25 am
      Anyone else play it? I just recently bought it and it really is worth it. So much to do on the game. If enough of you play, we can set up a server for LFCReds.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: So, Minecraft, eh?
      Reply #1: Mar 28, 2012 03:54:22 am
      I've heard a few of my mates talking about it but I have no idea what the games even about?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #2: Mar 28, 2012 04:00:51 am
      It's a sandbox game. Basically you mine for materials and then craft (hence the title). There are monsters you have to fight off, villages you can explore, build things (most people do this), and there are really no limits. On their website there are some youtube videos that'll give a better explanation.
      Bier
      Reply #3: Mar 28, 2012 07:24:18 am
      I played it for a while about a year ago. Used to play on a server with over 100 people on a daily basis, had alot of fun but at some point got tired of it. Tried going back to the game a few times haven't really got into it anymore.

I really like the concept of the game though. Basically 1 guy made this indie game and now it has grown out to this huge game bought by over 5 million people. And it's a very community friendly game, customizable in many ways. So many texture packs, mods, servers, maps etc. made by players. And the gameplay is extremely original.

IGN Reviews - Full Minecraft Review
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #4: Mar 28, 2012 05:05:21 pm
      Anfield made in Minecraft, awesome! :P

Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #5: Mar 29, 2012 01:57:19 pm
      Aye, it's a F***ing beast! Had it for years, love the game. Best thing to do is start a server with mates, F***ing awesome.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #6: Mar 29, 2012 02:57:29 pm
      Slightly off-topic but seeing this just reminded me.

I was in Wetherspoons with a mate, having a burger and beer and there was a couple on there sat facing each other, both with their laptops open, making use of the free wi-fi. From where we were sitting, we could see that he was playing Minecraft.
      Once we'd finished, my mate wanted to go out for a fag so I walked out to the beer garden with him. As we walked behing the female of the two, I glanced over to see if she was playing it as well but she was watching some lad on his webcam with his top off!  :lmao:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #7: Mar 29, 2012 03:05:19 pm
      Anfield made in Minecraft, awesome! :P

Anfield if hicks and gobs***e were still here, running on gas and lego trees.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #8: Mar 30, 2012 03:30:03 am
      In the middle of a survival game, trying to recreate an Anfield. Got an obsidian wall around it to keep out creepers.
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Reply #9: Apr 08, 2012 12:03:43 pm
      my lad loves it been playing it for ages.

it looks like anfields capacity is reduced, and there are woolybacks everywhere, quite real really.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #10: Apr 08, 2012 02:07:54 pm
      Bought it the other day, and it is quite awesome! Hours can pass doing something like just building a simple house in the free build part were you get unlimited amount of everything. If your ever bored, give this a try!

I thought it looked sh*te too when I saw it on YouTube...
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #11: Apr 16, 2012 03:24:15 pm
      Slightly off top-topic, but not....anyways, love the look of minecraft but as my pc is really quite rubbish I do my gaming on the xbox, and theres a similar tiltle called fortress craft, not as in depth as minecraft but with more work by the developers it could as good. spent a good few hours on fortress craft in a single sesh...........wishing I was on Minecraft, but it'll do for now.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #12: Apr 16, 2012 05:13:05 pm
      Minecraft is coming out on xbox next month.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #13: Apr 16, 2012 05:55:15 pm
      I was browsing through the most downloaded Indie games on Xbox Live Marketplace and loads of them appeared to be Minecraft immitations.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #14: Apr 16, 2012 06:03:49 pm
      Minecraft is coming out on xbox next month.

oh happy days :D
      I was browsing through the most downloaded Indie games on Xbox Live Marketplace and loads of them appeared to be Minecraft immitations.

Best one of the bunch would be Fortress Craft, but still not minecraft.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #15: Apr 23, 2012 01:21:26 pm
      Started playing this the other day and I'm hooked. Still haven't got myself off survival mode yet to try out any of the other modes.
      Bier
      Reply #16: May 31, 2012 11:54:30 pm
      I've started playing this again because of the new survival games servers, they're addicting. Basically the hunger game movie seem to have have inspired a hunger games/battle royale type game mode and map. It's a pretty epic map that on some servers can be played with upto 48 people. There's chests hidden all over the map, no blocks can be broken except for leafs and vines. It's a matter of finding food and gear to survive, and kill the others untill you're the last man standing. Games can last upto an hour, although they rarely do.

This is the map:

The Survival Games 2 - Minecraft PvP Map

Dedicated servers: EU servers , or US servers.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #17: May 31, 2012 11:58:31 pm
      I have this on Xbox360 and would recommend to anyone to get it. It's really easy to get the hang of and once you get going you wont be able to stop!
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #18: Jun 27, 2012 11:07:12 am
      Finally got this last night, Because it was a bit late I thought I'll have a quick go and blitz the tutorial ect...........then 2am came ;D.

Love it, Are those hunger games on xbox, or is that pc only, as usual :P
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6732 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #19: Jun 27, 2012 10:11:54 pm
      My 8 year old loves it. He's gotten my 6 year old onto it. She's constantly asking him to help her out and he says NO, do it yourself. So she cries!!! Wish I knew what to do so I could help her out by I'm addicted to Temple Run. No time for these other games.  :D
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #20: Jun 29, 2012 01:57:53 pm
      Spent a good few hours on this last night, finally found coal, iron ore, gold, lava and that red shiney stuff, mined loads quite pleased with myself, started heading back to my "castle" and got a bit lost, so just started heading up, took an age getting "up" found myself in a huge cavern started looking about for stuff, and got blew up by one of them green things, then spent ages trying to get back.....couldnt find it, or my stuff, what a waste of time :(.

Gunna try and find that place again, want, well need iron and coal back.
      If I set the mode to "peaceful" does that mean I dont get any "baddies"? Just want to get my "castle-complex" done, then I'll start Facing down the monsters.
      On another note, I havent found any online games yet, there must be some. Not that I get lonly, but it would be nice seeing what other people have done, maybe make a friend or two to help out with building mineing ect.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #21: Jun 29, 2012 04:19:37 pm
      Spent a good few hours on this last night, finally found coal, iron ore, gold, lava and that red shiney stuff, mined loads quite pleased with myself, started heading back to my "castle" and got a bit lost, so just started heading up, took an age getting "up" found myself in a huge cavern started looking about for stuff, and got blew up by one of them green things, then spent ages trying to get back.....couldnt find it, or my stuff, what a waste of time :(.

Gunna try and find that place again, want, well need iron and coal back.
      If I set the mode to "peaceful" does that mean I dont get any "baddies"? Just want to get my "castle-complex" done, then I'll start Facing down the monsters.
      On another note, I havent found any online games yet, there must be some. Not that I get lonly, but it would be nice seeing what other people have done, maybe make a friend or two to help out with building mineing ect.

Ouch, unlucky. However, it was lucky that you didn't find any diamonds.

If you mark your pathway with torches it's usually easy to find your way back. They're like breadcrumbs and they provide much-needed light.

Usually you want to hit level 14 to level 12 (lava level) or below to find diamonds. Once you do find them you can only mine them with an iron pickaxe.

Yes, if you set the game-mode to "Peaceful" you won't get attacked by anything. But that doesn't stop you getting killed by high falls, drowning, lava, etc.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #22: Jun 29, 2012 04:28:41 pm
      All about diamond tools and then enchanting them, they last so much longer and get the job done quickly, time for me to go to the nether soon.

Quick Reply