Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Newcastle 2-0 LFC: In game and Post Match inquest

Read 47125 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,490 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Newcastle 2-0 LFC: In game and Post Match inquest
      Reply #874: Apr 01, 2012 10:26:16 pm
      Gerns, can you break your text up with some paragraphs please?

That's almost unreadable as is.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #875: Apr 01, 2012 10:32:29 pm
      Gerns, can you break your text up with some paragraphs please?

That's almost unreadable as is.

It was hard to read......broke it up into paragraphs.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #876: Apr 01, 2012 10:38:59 pm
      Time to throw some of the youngsters in the mix. I don't know how much of the blame lies on Kenny, but I don't have any doubt he should be the man to lead us next year. That being said, if you aren't going to change the shepherd then you better get some new sheep. I think if there are players that haven't "gotten it" at this point then maybe they need to be let go in favor of getting some guys that do "get it".

YNWA
      redrox
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 578 posts | 13 
      Reply #877: Apr 01, 2012 10:39:32 pm

Thanks Ms G, and Gerns that was a brilliant post mate couldn't have said it better myself nice one.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,490 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #878: Apr 01, 2012 11:02:49 pm

Thank you
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4987 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #879: Apr 02, 2012 12:35:41 am
      After today,is there still a chance of 4th  :f_whistle:

Seriously,our season has capitulated, majorly disappointing and obviously no where near good enough,BUT, if,is that allowed? we are not as bad as some of you f***in lot are making out, call yourselves Liverpool fans, dont make me f***in laugh, if, there's that word again, you really want to moan, gripe, or whatever takes your fancy, F**k off and support some shitty f***in side who have absolutely no f***in chance of winning anything, maybe Tranmere or Marine,no offence,

i am sick and TIRED of reading complete f***in sh*t everytime we lose, play bad or both,

FF'S, WE ALL KNOW we're having a sh*te season, we all know things have gone tits up since the CC win, we all know we've not had the best of luck,we all know some of the players need a kick in the balls, we all know we should be miles better, we all know the agenda against our club by the media, we all know what is needed, what we don't want or need is the continuous whingeing,moaning, negative, boring, idiotic, only sing when your winning, glory hunting, TOSSERS that seem to be rife amongst our so called fans/supporters of the modern age,

i cant be arsed naming names or quoting posters inane f***in drivel some of which is damn right pathetic and not worthy of any sort of perusal, i think some of you lot are a f***in disgrace, you can all have opinions and/or thoughts of how this should be done or this player or that player would be better, it should matter not a f***in jot,

they are in the employ of LFC, the club you claim you SUPPORT, and that is exactly where you fail,
      you claim certain people at the club have not lived up to your expectations, therefore they have failed, whether that be the manager, a particular player, the tea-lady, or even the sh*t-house cleaner,
       all these people support the club in one way or another, just like you claim to do,
       BUT, what you can't seem to grasp is that it is YOU that is failing the club, it is YOU who are dragging the club down, it is YOU who should be receiving all your f***in crap, all your negativity, your pathetic comments, and your undermining of the very people you claim to adore, love, respect, none of you deserve to be anywhere near our club, none of you deserve to be anywhere near the Great and good men who built this brilliant institution,

Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish, Moran, Bennett, Evans all great men who toiled, bled, sweated and cried for this club,
      but worse of all, you spit on the graves of those who have passed on, who spent, saved, grafted for every penny so that they would have the priviledge to stand on the terraces and watch their heroes, WIN,LOSE, or DRAW, proper SUPPORTERS, supporters who have been handed the mantle from their fathers,and from their fathers fathers,

i have supported this club for nigh on 30 yrs, but i have never ever in all those yrs seen,read or heard so much f***in whingeing as i do today, there is only one thing i can say to that,

IF, you don't like what you see, if you don't really approve of the new regime, if you don't agree with such things as tactics or certain aspects of the way we are playing then just F**k OFF and pretend to support somewhere else, because your so called support is as much use as tits on a fish.   :mad:

Oh and by the way.............  IN KENNY WE TRUST.... and WE will never walk alone

solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #880: Apr 02, 2012 12:51:50 am
      What is the bottom line?

Today's game was frought with ugly referee decisions.

Our strikers lack the confidence to score. Carroll should have buried them early.

There has to be some sort of correction of poor referee decisions. It is getting so frustrating that such visibly poor refereeing is allowed to stand.

We keep trashing these players. Not good enough attitude. We played well until it was clear we were getting screwed by the ref.

Kenny is gonna explode very soon. Everton above us is a no no.

God save the King.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #881: Apr 02, 2012 12:51:57 am
      I think instead of being annoyed with other supporters people should be annoyed with the gutless shower of players getting up to a 100000 plus for putting on our shirt. Think shankly would be more concerned with them gutless players than fans being disappointed that Liverpool are mid table and on there worst run in 59years.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #882: Apr 02, 2012 12:55:20 am
      One thing I quite notice is we are very wasteful with the ball in the final third.

There's the times Suarez tries to score from an acute angle in the past or like Bellamy looking to overhit a cross instead of squaring it or players opting to pass rather than shoot/shoot when should of passed.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #883: Apr 02, 2012 12:59:59 am
      I just wonder what Benitez would have done with 100m to spend in one window.

When the likes of Newcastle has a better squad than us, why are we complaining about losing now?

Kenny has done his fair share for the club already, he need not tarnish his reputation.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #884: Apr 02, 2012 02:22:31 am
      I just wonder what Benitez would have done with 100m to spend in one window.

When the likes of Newcastle has a better squad than us, why are we complaining about losing now?

Kenny has done his fair share for the club already, he need not tarnish his reputation.

Hell nah!

Not this. So benitez can do better now?

First off, Newcastle do not have a better squad than Liverpool FC. The last time out we beat them at Anfield, topping it all with three goals, I think.

At that time we were all chuffed, now they have a better squad? Oh please!

Secondly, Rafa bought plenty misses before hicks and Gillett era. So your argument is so porous.

Respect LFC

American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #885: Apr 02, 2012 02:31:21 am
      Hell nah!

Not this. So benitez can do better now?

First off, Newcastle do not have a better squad than Liverpool FC. The last time out we beat them at Anfield, topping it all with three goals, I think.

At that time we were all chuffed, now they have a better squad? Oh please!

Secondly, Rafa bought plenty misses before hicks and Gillett era. So your argument is so porous.

Respect LFC

I agree, their overall squad is no better than ours. The difference between us and them was confidence and passion. They had more desire than our team and after they got their goal, their confidence soared while our players put their heads down and didn't do enough to equalize.

As for the all of the Rafa talk: We could sit hear and talk could of/would of scenarios, but at this point, what is done is done and for as long as Kenny is our manager, he deserves our backing.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #886: Apr 02, 2012 02:48:58 am
      They have a more balanced side then us. Stronger centre mid and strikers that score. There isn't a massive difference in teams in terms of quality
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #887: Apr 02, 2012 03:05:33 am
      Not sure what the rule on posting images is, but here's Cisse's positioning on his second goal when the ball is passed by Ba it didn't hit Flanno or anyone on the way through either.

http://prntscr.com/7nhdu
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #888: Apr 02, 2012 04:40:59 am
      I am very sad and disillusioned with that result I can tell you,but it is the players who let us down,no one else.It was not long ago people were calling the likes of Enrique the best thing since sliced bread,yet at Newcastle he was totally out of his depth.I mention Enrique but that analogy could be applied to every player who represented us at Newcastle.I had a close look at Stevie and he looked as though he had been awake all night,he looked so lethargic.As they say life goes on so hope we can get ourselves up and running soon.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #889: Apr 02, 2012 05:14:13 am
      Thought Cabaye and Tiote really outclassed our middle men. Both are classy players.

When Lucas comes back that should strengthen us but i still think we need another class CM.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #890: Apr 02, 2012 05:16:12 am
      Not sure what the rule on posting images is, but here's Cisse's positioning on his second goal when the ball is passed by Ba it didn't hit Flanno or anyone on the way through either.

http://prntscr.com/7nhdu

Nearly as wide a gap as between Adam's teeth!

Wouldn't have mattered if it hit anyone either, he was offside the moment the ball was struck.

Maybe the linesman was thinking one of the runners was going to get the ball and Cissé wasn't interfering with play when the ball came across, but how he couldn't raise his flag afterwards, I don't know.

Shocking decision, that in no way excuses another dreadful performance.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #891: Apr 02, 2012 06:02:31 am
      Nearly as wide a gap as between Adam's teeth!

Wouldn't have mattered if it hit anyone either, he was offside the moment the ball was struck.

Maybe the linesman was thinking one of the runners was going to get the ball and Cissé wasn't interfering with play when the ball came across, but how he couldn't raise his flag afterwards, I don't know.

Shocking decision, that in no way excuses another dreadful performance.

One of the runners did get the ball at which point Cisse wasn't interfering with play or gaining an unfair advantage, ergo he wasn't offside.  When whoever that runner was did get the ball, Cisse makes an effort to try and get back onside.  A few moments after that is when the final ball which Cisse pounced on is played, that's when the linesman should have flagged or not (from the replay I've seen he looked offside still but in all fairness, it wasn't the best angle).

Would have been a poor decision IMO to flag from the offset just because he was offside in the moments leading up to the goal.  Just how I see it.

Agree with the rest of your post though, no excuses was a dreadful performance by us and the referee but champion teams overcome decision like that and grind out an ugly win, we're not quite there yet.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #892: Apr 02, 2012 08:15:34 am

Seriously,our season has capitulated, majorly disappointing and obviously no where near good enough,BUT, if,is that allowed? we are not as bad as some of you f***in lot are making out, call yourselves Liverpool fans, dont make me f***in laugh, if, there's that word again, you really want to moan, gripe, or whatever takes your fancy, f**k off and support some shitty f***in side who have absolutely no f***in chance of winning anything, maybe Tranmere or Marine,no offence,

i am sick and TIRED of reading complete f***in sh*t everytime we lose, play bad or both,

FF'S, WE ALL KNOW we're having a sh*te season, we all know things have gone tits up since the CC win, we all know we've not had the best of luck,we all know some of the players need a kick in the balls, we all know we should be miles better, we all know the agenda against our club by the media, we all know what is needed, what we don't want or need is the continuous whingeing,moaning, negative, boring, idiotic, only sing when your winning, glory hunting, TOSSERS that seem to be rife amongst our so called fans/supporters of the modern age,

i cant be arsed naming names or quoting posters inane f***in drivel some of which is damn right pathetic and not worthy of any sort of perusal, i think some of you lot are a f***in disgrace, you can all have opinions and/or thoughts of how this should be done or this player or that player would be better, it should matter not a f***in jot,

they are in the employ of LFC, the club you claim you SUPPORT, and that is exactly where you fail,
      you claim certain people at the club have not lived up to your expectations, therefore they have failed, whether that be the manager, a particular player, the tea-lady, or even the sh*t-house cleaner,
       all these people support the club in one way or another, just like you claim to do,
       BUT, what you can't seem to grasp is that it is YOU that is failing the club, it is YOU who are dragging the club down, it is YOU who should be receiving all your f***in crap, all your negativity, your pathetic comments, and your undermining of the very people you claim to adore, love, respect, none of you deserve to be anywhere near our club, none of you deserve to be anywhere near the Great and good men who built this brilliant institution,

Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish, Moran, Bennett, Evans all great men who toiled, bled, sweated and cried for this club,
      but worse of all, you spit on the graves of those who have passed on, who spent, saved, grafted for every penny so that they would have the priviledge to stand on the terraces and watch their heroes, WIN,LOSE, or DRAW, proper SUPPORTERS, supporters who have been handed the mantle from their fathers,and from their fathers fathers,

i have supported this club for nigh on 30 yrs, but i have never ever in all those yrs seen,read or heard so much f***in whingeing as i do today, there is only one thing i can say to that,

IF, you don't like what you see, if you don't really approve of the new regime, if you don't agree with such things as tactics or certain aspects of the way we are playing then just F**k OFF and pretend to support somewhere else, because your so called support is as much use as tits on a fish.   :mad:

Oh and by the way.............  IN KENNY WE TRUST.... and WE will never walk alone

+ for you, read my mind. I get depressed reading some of the garbage that's been on here lately.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #893: Apr 02, 2012 10:38:19 am
      Graham Poll made some good points about decisions going against us yesterday, which I'm sure many have thought of as well and agreed.

Danny Simpson's deliberate handball could and probably should have resulted in a dismissal and a penalty kick for us. Had we scored that, it would probably be a different outcome in the game.

Also, even I thought Cisse was offside when the ball was played. The pass probably wasn't intended for him, I think it was Ben Arfa who it was intended for but he did not touch it and Cisse should have been offside from the original pass.

However, there's not much point in talking about those incidents but the point is, I certainly don't feel we've played as bad as the results have shown. Out of the 8(?) games we've lost in 2012, we probably deserved to have won a few more like the Arsenal, Spurs and QPR matches.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #894: Apr 02, 2012 10:59:52 am
      The point about Newcastle's second goal is interesting because in the first half it looked like they had a corner but the lino flagged for offside even though you could say their forward was nowhere near interfering with play. In the second half Mr Magoo stuck his flag up when their player was level. By the end I felt he was just guessing. The confidence and character in this team is almost non existent. We started well and yes we were unlucky with the early chances we had and the fact the lino was blind. After 2-0 the heads went down easily. Don't agree about Tiote, just a thug really. As for Cabaye he is a class player and also a first class c**t. I refer to his tackle on Jay at Anfield and his pathetic attempt to get Luis in trouble yesterday. The FA should take action against him. If it was the other way round ot would be front page news.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Reply #895: Apr 02, 2012 11:05:07 am
      To be honest, even though we were shocking there still wasn't that much between the two sides. I agree Newcastle looked sharper going forward but they weren't creating chances at will or anything even close to that.

Two key things cost us yesterday 1) Carroll diving when he should have scored 2) The clear handball by Simpson which would have been a red card and a penalty

Had those two gone the other way we could have been 2-0 up and the confidence would have been back in the lads.
      bobdeakin2009
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • Form is temporary, Class is permanent
      Reply #896: Apr 02, 2012 11:36:49 am

Seriously,our season has capitulated, majorly disappointing and obviously no where near good enough,BUT, if,is that allowed? we are not as bad as some of you f***in lot are making out, call yourselves Liverpool fans, dont make me f***in laugh, if, there's that word again, you really want to moan, gripe, or whatever takes your fancy, F**k off and support some shitty f***in side who have absolutely no f***in chance of winning anything, maybe Tranmere or Marine,no offence,

Sorry Billy. I thought this was a forum where we were allowed to speak our mind as fans. I understand what you are saying but saying all of us that don't agree with everything are in some way second class fans is wide of the mark.
      We should of been in the top 4 this season at least and something has gone wrong BADLY. Rightly or wrongly that will always come back to the manager.
      Now is Kenny really to blame:
      YES
      • He has selected and bought the players that haven't really worked or gelled together
      • He chooses the tactics each match, witch simply aren't working
      • He is sticking behind and blindly backing those players which are terribly under performing
      • Was Andy Carroll ever worth 30 million
      NO
      • The players that he has bought have badly underperformed compared to the performances for the past clubs.
      • I'm not totally sure that some of the players fully respect what he is about. Look at Carroll when he was subbed and Stevie G when he came on the pitch. I wouldn't call that respect.
      • We have had some awful luck with refereeing decisions
      • We have made chances in abundance but failed to score
      These are just my thoughts now I have time to think about it. What most people would of said yesterday was in the heat of the moment. I deify anyone who wasn't angry and annoyed at not only yesterdays result but the whole season.
      That doesn't make us second rate fans because we have our own opinions and don't agree with everything.

Quick Reply