Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Newcastle 2-0 LFC: In game and Post Match inquest

Read 47116 times
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Re: Newcastle 2-0 LFC: In game and Post Match inquest
      Reply #897: Apr 02, 2012 11:48:59 am
      Sorry Billy. I thought this was a forum where we were allowed to speak our mind as fans. I understand what you are saying but saying all of us that don't agree with everything are in some way second class fans is wide of the mark.
      We should of been in the top 4 this season at least and something has gone wrong BADLY. Rightly or wrongly that will always come back to the manager.
      Now is Kenny really to blame:
      YES
        • He has selected and bought the players that haven't really worked or gelled together
        • He chooses the tactics each match, witch simply aren't working
        • He is sticking behind and blindly backing those players which are terribly under performing
        • Was Andy Carroll ever worth 30 million
      NO
      • The players that he has bought have badly underperformed compared to the performances for the past clubs.
      • I'm not totally sure that some of the players fully respect what he is about. Look at Carroll when he was subbed and Stevie G when he came on the pitch. I wouldn't call that respect.
      • We have had some awful luck with refereeing decisions
      • We have made chances in abundance but failed to score
      These are just my thoughts now I have time to think about it. What most people would of said yesterday was in the heat of the moment. I deify anyone who wasn't angry and annoyed at not only yesterdays result but the whole season.
      That doesn't make us second rate fans because we have our own opinions and don't agree with everything.

Don't forget Comolli.
      And please tell me that when you wrote 30m Carroll it was a typo because the number 35 gets mentioned every game.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #898: Apr 02, 2012 11:59:42 am
      To be honest, even though we were shocking there still wasn't that much between the two sides. I agree Newcastle looked sharper going forward but they weren't creating chances at will or anything even close to that.

It's been happening far too often, hasn't it?

I mean, we lost 6 in our last 7 but I don't think the results actually matched the performances.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #899: Apr 02, 2012 12:04:32 pm
      They broke my heart last night.

They've done it before but F**k it hurt last night.
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #900: Apr 02, 2012 12:04:57 pm
      Obviously not a good day for the club, but nothing seems to go our way at the moment. I really think it all boils down to belief, and not one of them players on the park yesterday believed we could win once we were behind. The confidence in the team is at an all time low.

Back to basics... pass (to our own players) and move (into space).   simples.......
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #901: Apr 02, 2012 12:10:05 pm
      We should of been in the top 4 this season at least

Why?

I assume because you have made this statement that you think we have 'at least' the 4th best team in the League?

I'd say Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal as well as both Manchester clubs have better teams.  I wouldn't say Newcastle were better - one of our easiest wins this season a couple of months back.  Difference with them is that they have two reliable goalscorers to make up for their other deficiencies.

I'd say we probably have about the 6th best team in the league.

So yes, 7th or below would be underperforming in the league this year. That's a fair assessment.

For anyone to think that the likes of Adam, Henderson, Downing and Carroll were going to waltz in and we should 'at least finish 4th' - I just don't understand that.  Doesn't seem rational.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #902: Apr 02, 2012 12:13:32 pm
      A group of players who do not believe they are good enough and results would indicate they are right.
      To change this they have to work hard and most importantly work for each other.
      Their are signs this bunch dont like each other for whatever reason.
      Bellamy for instance looked completely out of sorts on Sunday compared to his previous performances and I just dont understand why.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #903: Apr 02, 2012 12:16:47 pm
      Could be some irony in Perch helping Reina miss the FA Cup Semi Final.

If we win the semi and Newcastle finish 6th then they will get a spot in Europe.
      If we lose the semi and Newcastle finish 6th then they won't.

Bet they will be cheering Andy, Jose, Craig and Kenny on in the semi.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #904: Apr 02, 2012 12:22:30 pm
      Not great yesterday, confidence looks shot right now, hard to put your finger on why but it seems we start games ok, as we did yesterday, Carroll should have scored but fell over.. And we should have had a penalty but once we go behind the confidence drains out of us and we dont look dangerous after that, we are just lacking in the final 3rd.. We just look easy to defend against.
      Sadly we seem to lack leaders as well, and seeing as our 3 leaders were out there yesterday that's just not good enough.
      We are desperate for a result right now, the league seems to have utterly fallen apart since the double blow of the Arsenal game and last 15 minutes of the QPR game.

We Are not doing anything right right now, not looking a threat, not defending well and heads are down. I don't like the thought they are coasting to the Semi, I don't believe that's the way to go into a semi, we really could do with a couple of wins before then.

The couple of talking points?

Reina.., got himself sent off, as soon as he pushed his head towards Perch he was always going to go, I just felt Perch should have as well.. Kicking Pepe, stopping the quick break, squaring up and "diving".. Surely enough in that for a red, but Pepe only has himself to blame and I think that's been boiling in him for a few weeks now.. Not good enough Pepe.

Carroll... Walking down the tunnel and ripping the shirt off is enough for me to be fu**ed off with the pr**k, stay and support your teammates you great dick.. As for throwing the shirt? Not enough evidence for that but if he did and I'd be finding out if I was Kenny then he wouldn't put it back on.. But the storming off is enough.. Selfish pr**k.

I trust Kenny to sort it out and believe he will, no question about changing manager for me but everyone of those people associated with the club right now needs to work harder.

As for the moaning brigade? If you want to call yourselves supporters then support, it works both ways, support when we win or lose, don't pick and choose.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #905: Apr 02, 2012 01:38:47 pm

If we win the semi and Newcastle finish 6th then they will get a spot in Europe.

6th? I think they might even get 4th yet!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4985 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #906: Apr 02, 2012 01:51:50 pm
      Sorry Billy. I thought this was a forum where we were allowed to speak our mind as fans. I understand what you are saying but saying all of us that don't agree with everything are in some way second class fans is wide of the mark.
      We should of been in the top 4 this season at least and something has gone wrong BADLY. Rightly or wrongly that will always come back to the manager.
      Now is Kenny really to blame:
      YES
      • He has selected and bought the players that haven't really worked or gelled together
      • He chooses the tactics each match, witch simply aren't working
      • He is sticking behind and blindly backing those players which are terribly under performing
      • Was Andy Carroll ever worth 30 million
      NO
      • The players that he has bought have badly underperformed compared to the performances for the past clubs.
      • I'm not totally sure that some of the players fully respect what he is about. Look at Carroll when he was subbed and Stevie G when he came on the pitch. I wouldn't call that respect.
      • We have had some awful luck with refereeing decisions
      • We have made chances in abundance but failed to score
      These are just my thoughts now I have time to think about it. What most people would of said yesterday was in the heat of the moment. I deify anyone who wasn't angry and annoyed at not only yesterdays result but the whole season.
      That doesn't make us second rate fans because we have our own opinions and don't agree with everything.

Bob, my post was firmly aimed at those who choose to continue with their negativity,moaning and groaning, sometimes even when we win and play well,they are those who still complain or have some negative undertones,

i know that the vast majority of forum members are categorically behind Kenny and the lads and will continue giving their support whether or not we are cruising or not,

the players Kenny has brought in have been disappointing and not of the standard required, with the exception of messers, Suarez,Enrique,Bellers and in some way Downing, Carroll has been well off the pace and only time will tell if he remains with us or not, Henderson is a player for the future and has generally played out of his comfort zone,

there are many factors that can be mentioned also but the general concensus is we have very much fallen short of what was expected back in August, but we still need to support Kenny and the lads thru thick and thin, and this is the thin times,

changing managers only causes more upset, and defies the very essence of the word support, i say get behind Kenny et al no matter what and give the fella time to turn things around, Rome wasn't built and all that.

IKWT   YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #907: Apr 02, 2012 02:10:08 pm
      Is it true that Andy told Kenny to f*** off as he left the pitch??

I've seen it referenced on a few different websites now.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #908: Apr 02, 2012 02:14:23 pm
      Just because people think Kenny isn't the right man doesn't make them any less of fans.  Im sick of people trying to protray it does. Im a Liverpool fan ahead of any one individual. I dont think Kenny is taking us forward does that mean i can't be a Liverpool fan ahead.

That was shocking at the week end whoever was manager Rafa Hodgson or Kenny.  We yet again just appeared to give up after Newcastle got the second.
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #909: Apr 02, 2012 02:15:38 pm

No. He said something along the lines of for F**k sake, as he got substituted. IMO
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #910: Apr 02, 2012 02:18:26 pm

I'm not sure what happened but it could be he felt frustrated with himself.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #911: Apr 02, 2012 02:21:05 pm
      Finally saw the highlight (lowlight) of Reina getting carded....I know I probably have a different perspective as an American fan but that looked harsh to me. Not only was Perch in the wrong for tripping up Reina, Pepe had every right to be upset and let's be honest...he barely touched him. That's pure garbage. Seems like Kenny should have taken up for Pepe instead of saying he deserved it but that's just my opinion. And Andy's actions after being subbed whether he shouted at KK or not are unacceptable. Take some pride in the shirt you are wearing and stay to support your team.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #912: Apr 02, 2012 02:39:49 pm
      Finally saw the highlight (lowlight) of Reina getting carded....I know I probably have a different perspective as an American fan but that looked harsh to me. Not only was Perch in the wrong for tripping up Reina, Pepe had every right to be upset and let's be honest...he barely touched him. That's pure garbage. Seems like Kenny should have taken up for Pepe instead of saying he deserved it but that's just my opinion. And Andy's actions after being subbed whether he shouted at KK or not are unacceptable. Take some pride in the shirt you are wearing and stay to support your team.

I think the ban is as much for the intent as the contact. I actually doubt he made contact at all, tells you something though when the club are instantly highlighting Pepe's remorse rather than appealing.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #913: Apr 02, 2012 02:48:02 pm
      14 points clear of the relegation zone, and 16 points behind the CL qualification spots.  Sad days....  :(

Corbs, I am not going to jump on your back for thinking Kenny is not the right man to take this club forward, because at the moment we do not look like a Liverpool team.  Personally, I wanted Rafa back when Roy was about to get the axe, but I'm not unhappy with the work Kenny has done.  I do think Kenny should have played Maxi, Dirk, Spearo, and Bellers more than Carrol, Hendo, and Adam this season, but I won't dwell on that either.  In my honest opinion, Kenny has gotten massively unfortunate with the way a few of his purchases have performed, particularly Carrol.  It is always a gamble when buying players in the transfer market, and none of our gambles paid off this last summer. 

If the owners decide to persist with Kenny as the manager moving into next season, then I think he needs to bite the bullet and sell Adam and Carrol this summer.  They simply do not fit his pass and move philosophy, and we need to get as much out of them as we can and move on as quickly as possible.  Trying to get Carrol and Adam to play pass and move footie is like trying to hammer square pegs into round holes....  I do still believe that we are not that far away from being able to challenge for the top 4, but we are admittedly farther away than some people like to make out.  We are in desperate need of a clinical finisher, a creative RW, a deep lying but creative CM, and a CB to replace the aging legs of Carra. 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #914: Apr 02, 2012 02:52:36 pm

Thats Karma  J.D.

As regards Kenny.
      Is there anyone else out there who knows and loves the club like KK and is better placed to pull things around?
      No.

How long did Shanks take to get the old Second Division title as his first trophy?
      Exactly.

Redangel

• 8,268 posts | 1000 
      Reply #915: Apr 02, 2012 06:04:36 pm
      Just read that we aren't appealing Pepe's red  card.
      Now I know he was foolish but the fact that Perch gets away with feigning injury to get a fellow pro sent off just makes me really mad.
      After not appealing the Suarez ban and now this I do wonder if the whole club has lost its bottle.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #916: Apr 02, 2012 06:29:10 pm
      Now I know he was foolish but the fact that Perch gets away with feigning injury to get a fellow pro sent off just makes me really mad.
      After not appealing the Suarez ban and now this I do wonder if the whole club has lost its bottle.

I don't think we'd win any kind of appeal on this one. Even though Perch's reaction was clearly simulated and pretty disgraceful, Pepe still leaned in with his head and whether he meant it or not, he headbutted him, which is illegal and apparently punishable by three game suspension.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #917: Apr 02, 2012 06:29:27 pm
      League has been irrelevant for a while now, but confidence going in to the FA Cup Semi is still relevant. Two games to fix it. Must. Win. Both.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #918: Apr 02, 2012 06:32:55 pm

There is no way the FA would have let him off so there was no point appealing.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,263 posts | 6365 
      Reply #919: Apr 02, 2012 06:37:54 pm
      There is no way the FA would have let him off so there was no point appealing.

We're probably lucky that Pepe hasn't been labeled racist at this point. I say that sarcastically....but it really wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Quick Reply