Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Anfield Wrap

Read 83415 times
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: The Anfield Wrap
      Reply #46: Sep 26, 2012 02:41:40 pm
      Love TAW. Listened to it for about 4 months, and still do. Well worth a listen.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #47: Oct 12, 2012 11:51:34 pm
      Paul Dalglish interviewed tonight. He's clearly still bitter and rightly so.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #48: Oct 24, 2012 02:56:03 pm
      Can see Neil Atkinson going on to bigger things in the future, very clued up and knowledgable lead for the show.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #49: Oct 24, 2012 03:01:10 pm
      Can see Neil Atkinson going on to bigger things in the future, very clued up and knowledgable lead for the show.

Definitely, seems to be able to predict the future with quite a few things also. Downing at left back was one from last year.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #50: Oct 24, 2012 03:03:03 pm
      Paul Dalglish interviewed tonight. He's clearly still bitter and rightly so.

Agreed mate, he seemed to want an arguement didn't he? Clearly loves the club still but its a shame he feels the way he does.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #51: Oct 24, 2012 03:14:20 pm
      Agreed mate, he seemed to want an arguement didn't he? Clearly loves the club still but its a shame he feels the way he does.

Just seemed to me that he wasn't too fond of the owners.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #52: Oct 24, 2012 09:48:45 pm
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #53: Oct 25, 2012 12:42:39 pm
      If Andy Heaton wasn't involved in this, I'd probably still listen to it.

I just can't take to him at all.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #54: Oct 25, 2012 03:40:47 pm
      If Andy Heaton wasn't involved in this, I'd probably still listen to it.

I just can't take to him at all.

I don't mind him to be honest but to be fair, his voice does always sound like he's trying to squeeze a turd out.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #55: Oct 25, 2012 03:56:13 pm
      I don't mind him to be honest but to be fair, his voice does always sound like he's trying to squeeze a turd out.

:lmao:

Yes he does or that he's got a permanent dry throat which needs clearing.

I don't mind him at all.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #56: Oct 26, 2012 12:35:09 pm
      Hahaha what a shout.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #57: Oct 26, 2012 11:39:13 pm
      INTERVIEW: DARREN BURGESS

by TheAnfieldWrap // 25 October 2012

By Daniel Garb

Liverpoolā€™s former head of conditioning, Australian Darren Burgess, and his sports science countrymen have now all departed Anfield. But they do so with fond memories, and plenty of stories.

As the man entrusted with getting the players physically fit for the past two and a half years, Burgess knows them better than most.

He spoke to Fox Sports Australiaā€™s European Football Correspondent, Daniel Garb on behalf of the Anfield Wrap, about why Brendan Rodgers can lead Liverpool to success, being kicked by Luis Suarez, what made Maxi Rodriguez his favourite player and the catalyst for Soto Kyrgiakosā€™ sudden onset of amnesia.

D.G ā€“ Darren, you left Liverpool a couple days after the Man United game last month, are you missing the club and the city?

D.B: Absolutely. Once youā€™re part of the inner family you never really want to leave. Itā€™s costing me a lot of sleep watching the games here and Iā€™m definitely missing being a part of the club

D.G ā€“ Why have you departed?

D.B: A couple of reasons. Primarily, there was a motivation to come back home, Iā€™ve been travelling for six and a half years now through my posts with the Australian national team and then with Liverpool. Then an opportunity came up back home with a club that I love and wanted to be a part of (Australian Rules club, Port Adelaide). It was a tough decision but in the end this is where Iā€™m from and I thought itā€™s probably a long term project that Brendan is undertaking and I probably wouldnā€™t be around long term, so itā€™s better to leave now so he can get somebody in who might be around for the long term.

D.G ā€“ Brendan, from what I believe wanted you to stay but as most managers do, he brought in his own team did that have an influence on your decision?

D.B: Yes and no. Brendan certainly wanted me to stay as did the rest of the staff from Swansea that he brought in. But by the same token, Brendan has a specific way of coaching and training and I think he was very comfortable bringing in people around him who were familiar with that way. I wouldnā€™t say it had a big influence on my decision because I certainly learnt a lot under Brendan for the time I was there and I certainly think heā€™ll be the coach that delivers success to Liverpool in the short to medium term. It was more the opportunity to come back home after being away for six years.

D.G ā€“ Do you feel yourself, along with the rest of the Australian sports science team that have now departed in Dr. Peter Brukner and physio Phil Coles, have left the club in a better place?

D.B: I hope so. Itā€™s hard to tell because the staff were very good before we arrived and Iā€™m sure the people theyā€™ve replaced us with will also be pretty good. But certainly the injury rates were less when we were around so thatā€™s obviously a good sign but Iā€™m sure the guys there will continue the good work that we hopefully put in place. You like to think that we made some impact on the players in particular.

D.G ā€“ What are the major changes that the Australians implemented?

D.B: The best thing that we were able to do, and it wasnā€™t just the Australians it was all the other people that were already there, but we were able to provide some unity between the departments, between the fitness the medical and the physio departments. Often in clubs, by their nature the physio and medical departments may be a bit more restrictive and the fitness department a bit more aggressive in their training but because we were all familiar with each other we were able to bring the departments together, so that was a big thing. The other thing we brought to Liverpool that wasnā€™t there as much before was the monitoring of the players, the GPS and heart rate which wasnā€™t used as frequently before.

D.G ā€“ You alluded to it briefly before but why should Liverpool fans be confident that Brendan Rodgers can lead them to success?

D.B: The main reason is the players want to play for him. He has a great relationship with the players heā€™s very loyal to his staff which means they want to do a great job for him, but the main thing is that the players really like him and want to play well for him and like his style of football. I think the team with the addition of a few more players will be top four material, no doubt about that.

D.G ā€“ How do the three managers you worked under compare ā€“ Brendan, Kenny Dalglish and Roy Hodgson?

D.B: Roy was an absolute gentleman; he was very structured in his coaching he had a certain idea just like Brendan and Kenny did about how he wanted to play. I have a lot of respect for Roy, he probably didnā€™t get the credit he deserved at Liverpool and Iā€™m aware of who Iā€™m talking to in this interview and that a lot of Liverpool supporters didnā€™t warm to Roy but you have to look at the team he had in week one against Arsenal,his first game compared to the team now, itā€™s a very different team. Kenny, with Steve Clarke and Kevin Kean then came in and provided some great stability and when you work with someone like Kenny Dalglish itā€™s an absolute pleasure. I hated playing against him in the staff five-a-sideā€™s he was just so competitive and letā€™s just say some of the refereeing decisions were a little questionable, as he was the referee. But, he was unbelievable, the players immediately respected him. Itā€™s worth mentioning Steve Clarke as well, Steve, most people may forget was Mourinhoā€™s right hand man for however long so Steve was unbelievable on the pitch during the week. He knew everything about every opposition, his drills were terrific the players loved him and warmed to Steve and itā€™s no surprise to see how well heā€™s doing at West Brom. Brendan is very similar to Steve in his views on football having been influenced by similar people. Brendanā€™s very much a coach, heā€™s on the pitch all the time, heā€™s doing all the coaching, all the instructing, designing most of the drills and theyā€™re all designed to keep possession and play in a way that players want to play. Theyā€™re all different, they all have different traits. I actually signed when Rafa Benitez was the manager, and assumed Iā€™d be working for him and was looking forward to that, but a lot changed in the two and a half years I was there.

D.G: There was no doubt the players were behind Kenny but when Brendan Rodgers came in the fans thought that would bring about an advancement in the way things were done tactically. Has that been the case?

D.B: Yes and no. The analysis of the games was very good under Kenny, Steve and Kevin Kean. They really did spend a lot of time studying videos of upcoming games and opponents and like I said before, Clarkey knew everything about every team. Furthermore, what people donā€™t realise about Kenny is that heā€™s watched more football than 98% of people on the planet. Iā€™ll never forget him coming to me once and saying ā€˜gee that young Jeremy Brockie from the Newcastle Jets (an A-League club) he can play canā€™t he.ā€™ And I remember thinking how would he know about Jeremy Brockie in Newcastle from Australia, but he was watching the A-League highlights show. So, while he hadnā€™t coached in a few years he was still watching every player and knew all their strengths and weaknesses. Kenny, Steve and Kevin certainly knew all the players and knew how he wanted the team to play to combat each team. Brendan and his coaching team also scout opposition thoroughly but I guess itā€™s no secret that Brendan has more of a set style of play regardless of the opposition, he has such belief in his methods and the team that his style will win out in the end and more often than not it has in the past and probably will in the future, so they do approach things differently I guess.

D.G ā€“ Your main job was to work the players, we always hear about Premier League players being pampered and overpaid. Is that an unfair perception?

D.B: Absolutely. It always makes me chuckle when I hear that. Take Luis Suarez for example, heā€™s had something like 10 days off in the time heā€™s been at Liverpool. Thatā€™s it in two years. Iā€™m sure most people say that if they played for Liverpool theyā€™d never take a day off and that may be true but to play at that level, at that intensity for all but 10 days over two years is just phenomenal. If you liken it to a band, say Coldplay who might sell out 50 concerts a year in front of 15,000 people and earn millions of dollars, these players ā€“ Suarez, Gerrard, and the rest play three times a week in front of up to 50,000 people, it puts things into a little bit of perspective in terms of how much money they earn. They earn every cent of it. Their work rate, be it rain, hail or shine is outstanding every day for Liverpool and then for their countries. Thereā€™s probably a billion people in the world who want to be them so they have to train at an intensity otherwise they get shafted to a lower club. They work extremely hard for it and I say good luck to them.

D.G ā€“ You speak about Luis Suarez in such glowing terms can you wind your mind back to the day he joined the club and the impact he made on you and the rest of the squad.

D.B: I recall a five-a-side game in the early days where I had to join in because one of the teams was short and I remember him kicking the crap out of me a couple of times and not even bothering to help me up, he just kept on playing. I was stunned obviously, but then at the end of the game he put his arm around me and in his poor English at the time, he said ā€˜listen when youā€™re on the park youā€™re a player when youā€™re off the park, you get my respect.ā€™ And I just thought that was fantastic. I also remember his first training session with the team, and Jamie Carragher walking off the field saying ā€˜I love him alreadyā€™ ā€“ just because of his work rate his commitment to doing everything at such a high intensity. That doesnā€™t just change be it a two on two game or a gym session. His intensity is just incredible.

D.G ā€“ Who are the other star trainers at Liverpool?

D.B: It depends how you define training, someone like Stevie is always in the gym always doing a bit extra, heā€™ll do whatever you tell him and he doesnā€™t need too because heā€™s won and achieved so much but his desire for the club to do well is just extraordinary. My favourite player at my time though was Maxi Rodriguez because when it came to the running, to say he was average was a compliment. Heā€™d always be last with a smile on his face. But when it came to a five-a-side game he just shone. We used to count the amount of times Maxi lost the ball in a session and more often than not he wouldnā€™t get over five. I used to love watching him play, he always had a smile on his face, never complained, never got injured, he has such a bubbly personality and whenever he played we seemed to win. And then thereā€™s someone like Lucas who gets to the training ground before everybody else and leaves after everybody else. I was lucky enough to go to Gremio with him and help out with the last part of his knee rehabilitation and it was the same there, heā€™d be there early in the morning and only leave after six at night.

D.G ā€“ And what about the players, and Iā€™ll phrase this politely, had the biggest discrepancy between their training form and form on the pitch?

D.B ā€“ There really wasnā€™t too many. Maxi was a fine trainer when the ball was at his feet, when it wasnā€™t he went through the motions a bit. Big Soto (Sotorias Kyrgiakos) was another who did that, heā€™d suddenly forget English when you had to do some running or gym work but he understood it perfectly when you told him he had the day off tomorrow. He was a character.

D.G ā€“ Ok, lets get onto some queries on individual players. Can Steven Gerrard play two games in a week?

D.B ā€“ Yeh, absolutely. Heā€™s showing that this year. Thereā€™s no doubt after getting to a certain age and a certain tally of games you have to manage yourself and heā€™s had some injury history but his workrate is outstanding at training so thereā€™s no doubt he can play two games a week for some time yet.

D.G ā€“ Is Daniel Aggerā€™s body as brittle as it seems?

D.B ā€“ When you see Daniel Agger train, he trains like he plays. He trains with absolute commitment to the tackle and the contest and if you do that often enough youā€™re probably going to get hurt. Our only way of getting Daniel to stop hurting himself is to take him out of training. He just trains incredibly hard and itā€™s the same when he goes to Denmark, theyā€™re notoriously hard trainers so he doesnā€™t get too much of a break, Daniel.

D.G ā€“ Lucas, can he get back to his best after doing his knee?

D.B: For sure. He was very close to that before he had the unfortunate tendon injury, so I have no doubt about that, his attention to detail is second to none.

D.G ā€“ And someone you no doubt got to know very well is your countryman Brad Jones. Heā€™s come in and kept a clean sheet against Reading and is putting pressure on Pepe Reina. After what heā€™s been through you must be enjoying watching him flourish this season..

D.B: Absolutely, I stayed up to watch Jonesy the other night and it was great to see him do so well. Heā€™s been through more than anyone should ever have to go through in their lifetime and to come out the other end is just fantastic to see. His training form in the last year was the best Iā€™ve seen in the six years Iā€™ve worked with him (including Australian national team).

D.G ā€“ Darren, we donā€™t often hear stories of the appreciation players show for the backroom staff at clubs but I believe the two biggest stars at Liverpool during your time there went out of their way to thank you for working with them..

D.B: Yeh, Stevie was really good when I left, he got the boys to sign a shirt and he personalized a couple of things for me which was really nice of him, he certainly didnā€™t have to do that. And Fernando Torres of course played his first game for Chelsea against us only a few days after signing for them and he came into the change rooms after the game and gave me a signed Liverpool number nine jersey which again was really nice and something he didnā€™t have to do. Those boys have reached the top of the game not only because of their talent and work rate but because of their character. Guys with poor character donā€™t often make it to the top because when the going gets tough, theyā€™re found wanting. So that wasnā€™t a surprise but a really nice touch. And in the dressing room after my final game a number of the boys gave me their shirts, which again meant a lot and showed they appreciate the work you put in.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2012/10/interview-darren-burgess/
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #58: Oct 27, 2012 12:03:26 am
      That guy answers questions well, can see why he got the job that's for sure. Shame to lose him and some great insights in his answers there, wish him all the best for the future.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #59: Oct 29, 2012 05:14:39 pm
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #60: Nov 10, 2012 01:17:36 pm
      Enjoyed reading this although I was unsure where to post.

From the ever impressive Gareth Roberts:

Owners ā€“ what do they know?
      by Gareth Roberts

IMAGINE walking into a garage, plucking a spanner from the mechanicā€™s hand and saying ā€˜hang on, mate ā€“ you do it like THIS, Iā€™ve seen it on the tellyā€™.

You wouldnā€™t dream of it, would you? So why do we ā€“ the football fan collective ā€“ think we know better than managers just because weā€™ve watched the game and spooned the odd chance wide on a pub field?

We all do it. Slag off the managerā€™s team selections, the transfers, the tactics, the substitutions, even what is said in the post-match press conference.

It spawns a thousand blogs, tactical charts, podcasts, phone-ins, fanzines and bar-room conversations.

Yet step out of the football bubble and think about things rationally for a moment. Go on, itā€™s good for you. We really donā€™t know better do we?

If youā€™ve ever had the pleasure of talking informally to someone who is a top-level football coach youā€™ll know exactly how limited your knowledge is as a fan compared to someone who has lived and breathed the game from the inside for a long period.

Add to that the information you never have at your grasp. How fit, really, is a player? Whatā€™s their attitude like? How have they performed in training? Are they carrying an injury?

Some of this information never makes it into the public domain for obvious reasons. They know, we donā€™t.

But all that said thereā€™s no real harm done. Football supporters have moaned, groaned and griped since year dot. Itā€™s what we do.

When it becomes a whole lot more sinister is when people with power start playing the same games as fans.

Modern-day football owners are now, more and more, entrepreneurial high-flyers. People who want to make money. People who want the prestige of having a football club in their portfolio.

Itā€™s light years away from the ā€˜local fan come goodā€™ model that was so often the norm in the past.

Anybody who watched the excellent BBC2 documentary QPR: The Four Year Plan canā€™t have failed to have shifted uncomfortably in their seat as Flavio Briatore, a man largely devoid of football experience, dictated to managers, swore at players and disposed of coaches like a smoked cigarette (nine full-time and caretaker managers led the team during his reign).

Within minutes of the film beginning he was seen describing successive managers as ā€œthat F***ing hooliganā€ and ā€œthat pr**k in the dugoutā€.

The supremely confident F1 mogul even waved away fansā€™ protests: ā€œI want the names of who is booing me, or I sell the club!ā€

His comedy sidekick, chairman of the time Gianni Paladini, didnā€™t fare much better and the pair become embroiled in influencing substitutions, loaning out top scorer Dexter Blackstock against the managerā€™s wishes, and openly instructing the gaffer to change tactics.

Scary stuff, and a film that must surely leave any fan wondering quite what really goes on behind the scenes at their own clubs.

Paulo Sousa, one of the managers shown the door at QPR, has since said: ā€œInterference from the boardroom in team matters ā€“ both in the dressing-room and at the training ground ā€“ meant no-one stood a chance.ā€

Quite. Who would you want calling the shots ā€“ the football man or the businessman?

But was the situation at QPR extreme? Not so, according to many football journalists who watched it, no doubt nodding knowingly throughout.

As illuminating as the cameras were, evidence of interference from the boardroom is rife and thereā€™s a worrying new wave of suits poking in their noses in a far from subtle way.

In 2008, when asked about then Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra effectively making Sven Goran Eriksson a dead man walking at Eastlands, Alex Ferguson revealed: ā€œAt some other clubs the owners want to pick the team. I know at one club the owner faxes his team to the manager every Saturday morning. Can you believe that?ā€

Last season, Wigan owner Dave Whelan publicly criticised manager Roberto Martinezā€™s team selection after the Latics lost to Swansea.

ā€œThat was the worst performance in four or five years and Iā€™ll be meeting with Roberto on Monday,ā€ he told the media.

ā€œIā€™ll be asking some questions about the performance and the selection. There were three quality players on the bench and I want to know why.ā€

To be fair to Whelan, he has actually played professional football so that sets him apart from most of the people quaffing champagne in club boardrooms.

But how did his actions help Wigan on that occasion?

As it was, he accepted he was in the wrong a few days later: ā€œHe [Martinez] told me that eight players had been away on international duty and that two of them never arrived back until after 7pm on Friday night. I was not aware that we had eight players away.

ā€œI fully accept what he said and I back him fully.ā€

Whelanā€™s actions, however, pale into insignificance when compared to whatā€™s been going on lower down the leagues at Bournemouth.

Trailing 1-0 in a home match with MK Dons, owner Russian oil billionaire Maxim Demin and his wife decided it would be a good thing to enter the changing room to talk to the players at half time.

If that wasnā€™t cringe worthy and worrying enough, the Cherries lost the game 1-0 and chairman Eddie Mitchell then went on Radio Five Live to explain what had happened and swore three times, prompting presenter Mark Chapman to cut him off.

Mitchell later explained that he did not know the interview was being broadcast live on air, but insisted that there was nothing wrong with Mrs Demin offering her words of encouragement.

ā€œShe and her husband have put a lot of energy and a lot of money into the club through me and I believe that she is entitled to express her opinion,ā€ he said.

Money, it seems, is a match for knowledge.

Mitchell has form for odd behaviour. After coming under fire for selling much of the side that reached a League One play-off semi-final last season, he told critics at a fans forum that those who disagreed with his management style should ā€œgo and support Southamptonā€.

And after defeat to Chesterfield ā€“ their fifth in a row ā€“ earlier in the season, Mitchell went on to the field at the final whistle in what looked like an attempt to reason with hostile fans.

Stewards stepped in after he appeared to beckon several supporters on to the pitch and he then returned with a microphone to address the crowd.

His comments, picked up by the BBC, included an invitation for ā€œthe lad in the leather jacket whose eyes seem to be popping out of his head ā€“ why donā€™t you jump over the fence and come and have a chat with me? Come on then. One to one?ā€

While Mitchell clearly favours the all guns blazing approach, Roman Abramovich has behaved more like a silent assassin at Chelsea.

Widely reported to have bought Andriy Shevchenko and Fernando Torres without the knowledge of the man in the dugout, the Russian, another known to visit the dressing room on a regular basis, has worked his way through eight managers in nine years, none of whom have left Stamford Bridge with a win percentage of less than 50 per cent.

He may argue his decision to axe Andres Villas Boas was vindicated but itā€™s hardly a healthy situation is it?

More oar-sticking was reported at Wolves before Mick McCarthy was sacked when owner Steve Morgan entered the dressing to barrack the players after a 3-0 defeat to Liverpool.

McCarthy, a manager for 20 years, revealed that it was the first time heā€™d witnessed a chairman act in such a manner before, with tongue firmly bit, adding: ā€œIf I was delighted with it I suppose I would say that.ā€

These examples are just the tip of the iceberg.

Venkyā€™s promised Ronaldinho, David Beckham and Lionel Messi at Blackburn.

Former Liverpool co-owner George Gillett answered a transfer budget request from ex-boss Rafa Benitez by telling the Spaniard heā€™d spotted a new running machine in America, and perhaps if he got one it would improve the players he already had.

Too often, these people know nothing of the game we love yet their own ego permits them to get involved, frequently with disastrous consequences.

The fans, the players, the managersā€¦well, why do they matter?

Bill Shankly famously said: ā€œAt a football club, thereā€™s a holy trinity ā€“ the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors donā€™t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.ā€

If only that were true.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2012/08/owners-what-do-they-know/

HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #61: Nov 11, 2012 03:06:39 pm
      ^^^ Brilliant article. I love reading Gareth Roberts' pieces.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #62: Nov 11, 2012 10:39:31 pm
      THE ANFIELD WRAP ā€@TheAnfieldWrap
      REMINDER: TAW IS ON TUESDAY THIS WEEK, NOT MONDAY. RT.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #63: Nov 20, 2012 07:06:32 am
      GET ON IT!!!

Neil Atkinsonā€@Knox_Harrington

Very enjoyable @TheAnfieldWrap today. Said before - a good one to start with if you've never given us a go before. http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2012/11/podcast-baffling/ ā€¦

The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #64: Dec 03, 2012 04:20:44 pm
      TAW on tour;

TAW ON TOUR ā€“ DUBLIN ā€“ SATURDAY 16th FEBRUARY

LIVERPOOL fans in Dublin are invited to join Sky Sportsā€™ Spanish football expert Guillem Balague and Tony Evans, Football Editor of The Times, for a very special version of the award-winning Anfield Wrap radio show.

Guillem and Tony will join regulars from the popular football show to discuss the latest happenings at Anfield and of course Spanish football and take questions in an audience-only special from The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club in Bray.

Guillem will also be talking about his new book, Pep Guardiolaā€™s biography, Another Way of Winning.
      The night, on Saturday, February 16, 2013, will also feature a set from Liverpool-based rock and roll dance combo The Tea Street Band and a DJ will see out the night.

Ticket are priced ā‚¬10 and will be available from See Tickets: www.seetickets.com
      All profits from the evening will go to the Hillsborough Justice Campaign.

The Anfield Wrap was launched in August 2011 by a group of fans and has since gone on to become the most-popular Liverpool FC podcast, downloaded by around 30,000 supporters every week with total figures now fast closing in on two million.

It was crowned the Football Supportersā€™ Federation Podcast of the Year and is now also a weekly show on Liverpool-based radio station City Talk 105.9.

Co-founder Andy Heaton said: ā€œThe show and the website have always been well-supported by Liverpool fans throughout Ireland and this is a great opportunity to bring The Anfield Wrap to a fantastic city. We canā€™t wait.ā€

Guillem Balague said: ā€œIrish fansā€™ passion for football, and in particular Liverpool and Spanish football, is second to none and it will be a real pleasure to be a part of the show.ā€

And Tony Evans added: ā€œLiverpool and Dublin and Scousers and the Irish go back a long way. It promises to be a great night and a brilliant opportunity to raise money for a very worthy cause.ā€

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2012/12/taw-on-tour-dublin-saturday-16th-february/

Sounds good, especially with the profits going to the HJC. Gonna try and get to this anyway.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #65: Dec 03, 2012 04:35:50 pm
      The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club in Bray.

*Heads off to google*
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #66: Dec 04, 2012 09:18:57 pm
      Let us know what it was like if you go lads, sounds good.

Haven't heard yesterday's Podcast yet so I hope to get on it later. Got to catch up on my Emmerdales first though ;).
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #67: Dec 05, 2012 01:59:02 pm
      Let us know what it was like if you go lads, sounds good.

Haven't heard yesterday's Podcast yet so I hope to get on it later. Got to catch up on my Emmerdales first though ;).

I'm catching up on a few I missed the last few weeks. Fridays CityTalk is boss, I think I'm in love with Ian McGarry. :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #68: Dec 09, 2012 12:24:11 pm
      CITYTALK: The Good Doctor.

If you are a bit bored waiting for the footy to start why not give this a listen.

Sean Rogers in on this one and he is an excellent member of The Anfield Wrap team, when he speaks you listen.

Great analysis of the Europa League game, preview of today's West Ham game, the club's new sport psychologist and the two songs from Book Thieves and Kahuna are probably the best so far on a TAW CityTalk edition.

GET ON IT:

http://podcast.theanfieldwrap.com/rss

Quick Reply