Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Nights out in Liverpool

Read 7171 times
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Nights out in Liverpool
      Apr 03, 2012 02:55:52 pm
      Hello boys and girls

Anyone know of a few good places to dance my considerably large arse off when I come to Liverpool next month?

Also if anyone knows of a good B&B? as at the moment it looks like we'll be kipping in the minibus.

TIA
      Boon
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Nights out in Liverpool
      Reply #1: Apr 03, 2012 03:20:40 pm
      We had a really good night in O'Neills the other night. Central, not far from Concert square where the drunk/ravers go, and not to far from Cavern Walks where the drunk/oldies go.

http://www.oneills.co.uk/oneillsliverpool/

Stayed there for hours, good bar, clean toilets, dance floor, just a great night out. Irish Bar but you would not know it.

I'd go for a Travelodge/Premier Inn.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2: Apr 03, 2012 03:28:50 pm

Haven't we reached a certain age when clean toilets is near the top of the requirements for a night out...  :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Apr 03, 2012 05:01:12 pm
      I'd agree with Redpuppy about O'Neills, had a good few nights out in there with a few forum members  :drinking:

Depends on where your looking to stay? In town will be more expensive but more convenient.

Are you coming up for a game?

Newsham Park Guest House is only a short walk from Anfield and is a good B&B on Shiel Rd, cheap and a good full english breakfast, last time I stayed there was only £25 a night, tel number is 0151 263 9400 and there's Castle Lodge on the same road, same sort of thing.

If not, like Redpup says, Prem Inn or travelodge places are a plenty around Liverpool, not cheap though, £100 a night for a Sat night in a prem inn.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #4: Apr 03, 2012 08:09:07 pm
      Hello boys and girls

Anyone know of a few good places to dance my considerably large arse off when I come to Liverpool next month?

Also if anyone knows of a good B&B? as at the moment it looks like we'll be kipping in the minibus.

TIA
      Boon

I live in town in student halls. When might you be coming to Liverpool? If you are REALLY struggling for somewhere to stay, I will have a few empty sofas that are comfy to sleep on. Let me know mate. Not joking,
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5: Apr 03, 2012 10:19:20 pm
      Both times I've been to Liverpool I stayed at the Hatters Hostel, it's in Mount Pleasant, and a relatively cheap option.

As for night outs, I would just do the obvious thing and go to the Cavern Club ;D But that is because I'm crazy about The Beatles and don't really like being in the dance floor. I did go to a night club though, with some Brazilians I met at the Cavern, but I was so drunk I'm afraid I can't properly judge the place. 
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #6: Apr 04, 2012 02:44:01 am
      Whenever I'm in town. Normally head to the likes of Heebie Jeebies, Peacocks, Django's Riff.  Recommend them!

Just please, if you're wearing your best pair of trabs. Stay well away from The Krazy House! :D
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #7: Apr 04, 2012 06:02:00 am
      Wherever you go in town you are guarenteed a good night because there are so many bars and places for a bop,you can start in Dale street work your way through to the Cavern then a short walk to Liverpool 0ne then back through to Concert Square all around Hanover Street up to Lime St/Mount Pleasant the day and night is endless with places and bars to see,Liverpool is a place where you have to spend more than a weekend to experience so whoever come to this wonderfull city of ours you are wellcomed by all have a great time and I promise you will come back!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #8: Apr 04, 2012 06:13:25 am
      Depends what you're into too,my favourite pub is the Swan Inn on wood street, proper old school boozer which the local metal / rock scene take over upstairs. As Court said ^^^^ The Peacock is a great modern bar which does good pizza's and has a good chilled atmosphere. The Globe by central station is worth a visit, again a real old school ale house with a sloping floor then there's always O'Neills which is always packed out on matchday.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #9: Apr 04, 2012 12:15:08 pm
      Loving the suggestions lads looks like its going to be an amazing night.

There will be about 10 of us so I think that Hatters hostel is a good idea. Semple ty for the offer but I couldn't put you out like that. The lads I'm going with are a little daft with a beer in them :P

I'll be coming up the 12th of May so won't be able to catch a game :( Might get the lads to go into town to watch it mind

Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #10: Apr 04, 2012 01:47:04 pm
      Whenever I'm in town. Normally head to the likes of Heebie Jeebies, Peacocks, Django's Riff.  Recommend them!

Just please, if you're wearing your best pair of trabs. Stay well away from The Krazy House! :D

They are great shouts, especially Heebie Jeebies. Defo recommend that to anyone.

By the way, whatever you do, don't wear your best shoes in to Blue Angel either, AKA The Raz!!!!
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #11: Apr 04, 2012 08:30:44 pm
      They are great shouts, especially Heebie Jeebies. Defo recommend that to anyone.

By the way, whatever you do, don't wear your best shoes in to Blue Angel either, AKA The Raz!!!!

Hahaha.  Yet to experience the Raz.  Those Liverpool University meme's are enough to put me off it!

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #12: Apr 06, 2012 06:04:56 pm
      I went to the Raz on that night out I mentioned above.  They supply some form a florescent green alcoholic beverage.

I asked the bar keep for a Smirmoff Ice instead.

What amazed me about the Raz is that in the cellar to can receive an O2 3G signal!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #13: Apr 06, 2012 07:00:14 pm
      I went to the Raz on that night out I mentioned above.  They supply some form a florescent green alcoholic beverage.

I asked the bar keep for a Smirmoff Ice instead.

What amazed me about the Raz is that in the cellar to can receive an O2 3G signal!

A fat frog? :P

It really is a F***ing dump that place. Love it though ;).
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #14: Apr 06, 2012 07:04:06 pm
      Best places for me as a student is Heebies, Bumper, Raz (on Mondays if skint) Djangos and Medication on Wednesdays (that is student only though).

The 02 Academy is good as well.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #15: Apr 06, 2012 10:40:25 pm
      Ha haa the F***ing Raz. Heard a lot about that gaff.

Never been but my business partner who is now 32 still ends up there at the end of any night out in town. Been going since he was in Uni and still won't stop going.

Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #16: Apr 06, 2012 11:07:11 pm
      12th April!!My 60th B/day (ouch)Working at the racecourse and going into town with me workmates and would'nt mind doin a bit of karaoke,any suggestions please?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #17: Apr 06, 2012 11:22:29 pm
      12th April!!My 60th B/day (ouch)Working at the racecourse and going into town with me workmates and would'nt mind doin a bit of karaoke,any suggestions please?

Went in The Liverpool on Wednesday - could be the place for you mate. Right next to James Street station.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #18: Apr 07, 2012 08:39:39 am
      Went in The Liverpool on Wednesday - could be the place for you mate. Right next to James Street station.
      Cheers "son". ;)
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #19: Apr 07, 2012 09:16:54 am
      You sing ya heart out lad! give it the bells! Kings of Leon will go down well with your good self Smokie Mo's!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #20: Apr 07, 2012 10:31:02 am

S'rite Dad.

Reason I said that place was because I had just finished work, walked to the All Bar One and had apint of piss in a la di dardy type atmosphere' I walked down the Slug and Lettuce and same again pint was sh*t, but place is normally decent to be fair although looks a bit fancy (good for cocktails offers if there are women with you by the way).

Went to The Liverpool and it was a breath of fresh air, lots of characters from all age ranges, happy, lively and a decent pint with the music going. That was at about 6pm on Wednesday so I imagine it would be better at night and on a weekend.

And no my names not above the door.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #21: Apr 12, 2012 12:47:45 pm
      Still having trouble to find a place to sleep most places are having a 2 night stay minimum :(

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #22: Apr 12, 2012 04:50:07 pm
      I wanna go out for a bevvy after reading this thread!!!

Quick Reply