Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Nights out in Liverpool

Read 7175 times
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Re: Nights out in Liverpool
      Reply #23: Apr 12, 2012 05:01:37 pm
      Your more than welcome to be our tour guide :P
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #24: Apr 13, 2012 09:44:05 pm

I wanna go out for a bevvy after reading this thread!!!
      :lmao: :lmao:
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #25: Apr 13, 2012 10:01:44 pm
      Still having trouble to find a place to sleep most places are having a 2 night stay minimum :(

May know a few places mate. Leave it with me. Going to Wembley tomorrow so may be Monday before I get back to you.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #26: Apr 15, 2012 09:48:23 am
      Thanks Semple once again but got it sorted now
      Booked one night at The International Inn at £15 quid a head it cant be too bad :)
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #27: Apr 16, 2012 06:00:19 pm
      Still having trouble to find a place to sleep most places are having a 2 night stay minimum :(

Stay at the Premier Inn at the Albert Dock. Stayed there twice myself and without a doubt my favourite place in the world. Been all over and yet it's the craic I had at this place that I remember!

2mins from town and there's a few decent restaurants and stuff at the dock itself. Buses stop right outside it on the main road too.

Oh... and it's cheap as f*ck!
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #28: Apr 16, 2012 06:00:55 pm
      Thanks Semple once again but got it sorted now
      Booked one night at The International Inn at £15 quid a head it cant be too bad :)

Whoops missed this post, apologies.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #29: Apr 16, 2012 11:38:43 pm
      No problem mate, glad you got sorted.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #30: Apr 16, 2012 11:50:47 pm
      Ye Craic is a F***ing belting little ale house on Rice St (in between Hope St and Pilgrim Street. Real ale pub, get about five people in and it looks crowded but it's boss. Other pubs I'd say the Shakespeare (corner of Williamson Square - down the road from the Liverpool shop), The Pilgrim (real ale pub on Pilgrim Street) The Philimonic Hotel (Hope Street, up by where the Everyman used to be) The Beehive (Paradise St - facing the big Maccies)

Smokey Moe's, O'Neills and Flares (F***ing scream in there with the arl codgers) are always a laugh an all. Boogie Nights is another place that's always rocking, but you'll stick to the floor.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #31: Apr 17, 2012 10:03:02 am
      Same difference Billy but it's Ye Cracke and we used to go there in the origonal Cavern days and it was just like you describe it way back then.
      Was in there a couple of years ago and you'd swear it was the same arl fella's clinging to the bar, wouldn't go wrong with any of those other alehouses either mate.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #32: Apr 17, 2012 09:31:24 pm
      Ah cheers Stuey mate.

It's always our second stop off on a night out. Baa Bar on the top of Myrtle Street then off to Ye Cracke then town proper to meet our mates who wanna go clubbing. Hasn't been a night in there where we haven't ended up making mates with strangers. Some gormless c**t working behind the bar last time we went there though, asked for a pint of bitter for me and a pint of golden for me mate and ended up with a pint of guiness.

Actually prefer the alehouses in town to the proper clubs. Better atmosphere. There's a real ale place just off Bold St that's nice but a F***ing tw*t if you want the bog. Bout 20 stairs going down, quite steep an all so not good if you're pissed. Can't for the life of me remember what it's called. (time for google maps I think)

EDIT: The Old Rope Walk (ta to google maps).
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #33: Apr 22, 2012 03:29:32 pm
      Really enjoyed our night out at Christmas, when we stayed over at the Premier Inn by the Albert dock, went into town, gradually working our way down Mathew street, after having a bite to eat at Wetherspoons, nearly lost count of the number of pubs we visited.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #34: May 12, 2012 02:24:14 am
      Liverpool here I come!!! Buzzing :)
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #35: May 14, 2012 11:28:36 am
      Been back from Liverpool 20 hours (slept 18 of them) and it was incredible.

We started off going to Anfield where we met our first extremly helpful scouser of the day who talked the second car in who had got completly lost he was on the phone for a good 20 minutes. Brilliant bloke.

After enjoying Anfield we went for a bite in the Railway which was a nice quiet pub.

After that we got a good deal and went on a ferry across the Mersey which was nice but I wouldn't pay £8 for it

Then we went and checked into the International inn, again freindly staff and gave us some good information.

Walked from there to weatherspoons had a good fill of bullet shots (£1 each so had to be done).

Was already feeling a little drunk when we headed for Flares and various other places where we only stopped for a quick one.
      Our first major spot of the night was a place called Metro bar which for a small place was filled with women and the music was ok

Next door to there was a place called heaven and all i remember about this place is 50p drinks :D

The rest of the night is a blur in all fairness I woke up in the International inns rec room for some reason.

Best parts were
      Scouse women are class
      Freindly and helpful people even the doormen were class
      Cheaper than I thought (50p drinks!!! ;D)
      Scouse women are class ;)

Negatives
      Quite a lot of homeless people around.

Other than that it was brilliant got to go again as somehow I managed to miss Concert Square

Liverpool 10/10
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #36: May 31, 2012 03:18:23 pm
      Made up yuz had a great time lad and sounds like you hit all the right spots.
      £8 on the ferry!!! eff that, should have got a bevvy on the dock road and watched the action from the alehouse.
      Believe me mate ya missed nothin with concert square got to watch out for the head the balls there cos they seem attracted by the place and you do get some bad kick offs there, always avoid the yard meself.
      Other than that town's sound and hopefully you get down again soon.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #37: May 31, 2012 09:19:55 pm
      Sounds like a good night mate!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #38: Jun 02, 2012 10:58:29 pm
      Was at a wedding at The Panoramic last night - the views of Liverpool and the Wirral from up there are breath taking.

Worth a visit just for that rreason.

Negative?

The 34 floor trip downstairs for a crafty ciggie.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #39: Jun 04, 2012 12:48:38 am

We started off going to Anfield where we met our first extremly helpful scouser of the day who talked the second car in who had got completly lost he was on the phone for a good 20 minutes. Brilliant bloke.

After enjoying Anfield we went for a bite in the Railway which was a nice quiet pub.

After that we got a good deal and went on a ferry across the Mersey which was nice but I wouldn't pay £8 for it

Then we went and checked into the International inn, again freindly staff and gave us some good information.

Walked from there to weatherspoons had a good fill of bullet shots (£1 each so had to be done).

Was already feeling a little drunk when we headed for Flares and various other places where we only stopped for a quick one.
      Our first major spot of the night was a place called Metro bar which for a small place was filled with women and the music was ok

Next door to there was a place called heaven and all i remember about this place is 50p drinks :D

The rest of the night is a blur in all fairness I woke up in the International inns rec room for some reason.

Best parts were
      Scouse women are class

Negatives

Other than that it was brilliant got to go again as somehow I managed to miss Concert Square

Liverpool 10/10

;D

Glad you had a good time mate, plus found somewhere to kip. ;) Flares is quality. Only been in it a handful if times but every time I have, always been a great night.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #40: Jun 04, 2012 01:02:09 am

Best parts were
      Scouse women are class

Negatives

Liverpool 10/10

Heaven? F***ing hell mate didn't you get stuck to the floor? Or get charged two quid by the fella in the bog offering to wash your hands? One of the biggest dives in Liverpool, me mate's brother got stabbed in there once. You should of gone to pink ;)

Flares is funny as F**k though. Youngest person in there is 65. :laugh: Proper good tunes as well in there.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #41: Jun 08, 2012 10:23:44 am
      Yeah we went to pink as well my mate tried to pull a little person ;D

Hopefully be up again the day before Creamfields depending on cash flow If not Ill be up before NYE

Also is Garlands any good? lots of people were recommending it but the £10 entry is a little steep
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #42: Jun 08, 2012 02:29:26 pm
      Yeah we went to pink as well my mate tried to pull a little person ;D

Hopefully be up again the day before Creamfields depending on cash flow If not Ill be up before NYE

Also is Garlands any good? lots of people were recommending it but the £10 entry is a little steep

It is mainly a gay club. That is where Joey Barton got smacked the other week. :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #43: Jun 08, 2012 04:53:06 pm
      It is mainly a gay club. That is where Joey Barton got smacked the other week. :D
      It was indeed and I believe it was a gay slap that floored the little c**t.

Quick Reply