Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Liverpool vs Aston Villa

Liverpool Win
      45 (83.3%)
      Villa Win
      2 (3.7%)
      Draw
      7 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Liverpool vs Aston Villa Sat 7th April KO 15:00 Pre-Match thread.

Read 11562 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Re: Liverpool vs Aston Villa Sat 7th April KO 15:00 Pre-Match thread.
      Reply #69: Apr 06, 2012 04:13:47 pm
      I would be delighted with a 1-0 win scored in the 3rd minute of injury time as it will mean we have tried for all of the game not just the first 15mins
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #70: Apr 06, 2012 04:35:45 pm
      I would be delighted with a 1-0 win scored in the 3rd minute of injury time as it will mean we have tried for all of the game not just the first 15mins

I'd snap your hand off for that, as I'm sure many others would too. Likewise, I'd take a 1-0 win with the goal in the 3rd minute and then followed by a dull game of few chances.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #71: Apr 06, 2012 04:55:20 pm
      Going to the match tomorrow, hope all the players and fans are up for some positiveness, cos we certainly need it.

Kenny and Steve need to get the players together and give them a good stern talking to and how they are playing for a place not only away to Blackburn but more importantly, a place in next weeks semi final.

I get the feeling that some of the 'bigger' stars at Liverpool expect to see their name on the teamsheet, might be a kick up the backside for some of them to be left out even though they're fit enough to play and get a couple of the younger lads in, and if they perform better than the first teamers, then keep them in.

Obviously hope to see a really good thrashing of Villa, but at the moment I'd be happy with a 1-0 win and 3 points.

Good luck to Doni, the Kop will give him a tremendous reception, lets hope he plays a blinder just like a lot of opposing goalies have done at Anfield this season.

Taking my daughter to the match - lets hope she's a lucky omen for us  ;D
      Have a fantastic day out Msg, your daughter will bring us luck I'm sure, but i hope Doni is bored to tears and has nothing really to do,   YNWA X
      MsGerrard
      Reply #72: Apr 06, 2012 05:08:40 pm
      Have a fantastic day out Msg, your daughter will bring us luck I'm sure, but i hope Doni is bored to tears and has nothing really to do,   YNWA X

Cheers Billy, I'm sure we will, just hope for a win to be honest  :scarf:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #73: Apr 06, 2012 05:22:03 pm
      I hope we batter the sh*t out of Villa,somebody has to receive the wrath from the players, we havetwo games to regain our confidence before the semi with the bitters,so a home battering to Villa and a well earned away win against Rovers should do the trick, i'd go with this.....

Doni
                       Flanaghan   Skrtle  Coates  Enrique
                                   Gerrard     Spearing
                        Downing        Shelvey     Sterling
                                              Suarez

Bench; Jones, Robinson, Carra, Kuyt, Bellers, Maxi, Carroll

Don't care if we only win 1-0,we desperately need to win, but i would love to see us knock 3-4 past Shay Given, and restore confidence.

In Kenny We Trust                     YNWA
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #74: Apr 06, 2012 05:30:50 pm
      Agger may be back for this one - he has been missed big time so hopefully he will take part and get some minutes in time for when we knockthe bitters out of the cup next week.

We need the big players to grab this game by the ball bag and set the tone from the off.

Not even going to try and suggest what team will start but 100% effort from every single player is the absolute minimum requirement.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #75: Apr 06, 2012 10:46:30 pm
      Poll added. Get voting.

Our usual terms and conditions apply. No prizes, just for fun.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #76: Apr 06, 2012 11:08:48 pm
      Fook voting this time. The last 3 matches I said LFC was i'm saying nothing this week. Had chance for ticket for this one but have a wedding to go to. Fingers crossed the lads can find a way to get a MUCH needed 3 points. Who cares how it happens anything will do. We normally give Villa a bit of a hard time so more of the same please lads.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #77: Apr 07, 2012 12:37:16 am
      We are going to destroy Villa, and all will be fine again.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #78: Apr 07, 2012 01:57:52 am
      As always, going for the win but with fear in my heart as to which team turn out for us. Not necessarily the team selection, but more the team mentality. I'm still dissapointed with Kenny when things are not going well, he leaves the subs/changes until too late. Hope that's different tomorrow with a couple of youngsters ready to bail us out if need be. Pride at stake if nothing else, but not sure if some of our players have enough of that judging by some of the recent performances. We need a massive, massive 1 . 0 win, just to get us back on track. Preferably NO Carra, Henderson, Adam or Downing.                                                        Coates, Kuytt, Maxi and Suso will give it a better go in my opinion.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #79: Apr 07, 2012 04:13:08 am
      All i want to see is a fully committed team performance played at a good tempo with plenty of attempts on goal.
      If we win 1-0 as others stated then i will be delighted as long as see a decent showing from the boys.
      Would like to see:
      1. Doni
      2. Flanagan
      3. Enrique
      4. Skrtel
      5. Coates
      6. Shelvey CM
      7. Henderson CM
      8. Gerrard CAM
      9. Suarez CF
      10. Bellamy RW
      11. Downing LW

That would be a great lineup and really believe Shelvey and Henderson could be a great CM partnership.
      Gonna be a good game i hope.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #80: Apr 07, 2012 08:23:13 am
      After some impressive training, good reaction and 'help each other' out, I expect to see the difference.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #81: Apr 07, 2012 08:41:07 am
      I expect something different today starting from the squad choices to the way we play and the way we go about our business. Personally tired of being told we're working hard during the week than it doesnt work on saturday and told we'll do the same thing next week. SOmething drastic has to change to fix this mess.

Look at late last season kuyt,maxi,meireles,suarez playing the liverpool way. Now april, record losing streaks and we still havent reverted back to what works or tried new young players. We keep doing the same things expecting different results which i believe albert einstein said is the definition of insanity.

Otherwise i hope villa are poorer than us today and we can scrape the win
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #82: Apr 07, 2012 08:49:16 am
      An old Cherokee Indian Proverb says
      "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today, Live in the present"

Another old Cherokee Indian saying also says:

If you have one foot on stool of yesterday and have one foot on the stool of  tomorrow ...   you end up pi**ing on today.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #83: Apr 07, 2012 10:18:29 am
       Come on LADS go out there play good football and bring home the 3 points,if ever we need a win it is now to get us in the right frame of mind for the Semi Final.It's time to start putting this winning streak together,don't let us down.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #84: Apr 07, 2012 10:24:49 am
      I dont think it will happen, but I would love Sterling to start, especially following on from that 4-1 win in reserves....
      Doni
      Flanno - Skrtel - Coates - Robinson
      Gerrard - Spearing - Shelvey
      Bellamy - Suarez - Sterling
      avilla
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #85: Apr 07, 2012 10:45:06 am
      In short – Today, at Anfield, Aston Villa fans would be honoured if Liverpool fans would join us in a 19th minute tribute to our captain.

But please read on:

It’s a great shame Stiliyan ‘Stan’ Petrov won’t be shaking hands with Steven Gerrard in the centre-circle at Anfield today.

Stan is truly one of the decent gents of the game and was one of the last players who’d deserve the tragic news of being diagnosed with acute leukemia last week.

The other night, I was discussing the Villa vs Liverpool game with a big Liverpool fan friend of mine and talk turned to Petrov.

My friend told me  he’d heard once on BBC Radio Five, veteran commentator Pat Murphy and ex-player Pat Nevin confessing they would sometimes spend their down time in the media room at football games picking various footballing 11′s. The kind of game fans play down pubs, where you pick 11′s, such as:  ‘Bearded players 11′, ‘Alice Bands 11′, ‘Italians that played in England 11′, Horrible Person 11′, ‘Genuine nice guys 11′…etc, etc

While the two Pats wouldn’t name and shame their ‘Horrible Person 11′ on air for obvious reasons, when it came to the ‘Genuinely Good Guys 11′, Pat Murphy (who has spent decades in the game meeting players) said, “Stiliyian Petrov would be the captain of the ‘Nice Guys 11′, every time”.

The Captains

The reaction of Villa supporters, Celtic supporters (who gave him a YNWA tribute last week) and the outpouring of emotion from Stan’s  native Bulgaria, was absolutely due to Stan being considered one of the good guys in the game.

As a result, My Old Man Said supporters group along with other Villa and Celtic fans launched the initiative to get Aston Villa and Celtic to play a charity tribute between the two teams for Stan, which we got widespread press coverage for this week.

http://www.myoldmansaid.com/villa-celtic-stan-press-coverage/

Again, Aston Villa fans would be honoured if Liverpool fans would join us in a 19th minute tribute to our captain.

We wouldn’t neccesarily reach out to any club, but we regard Liverpool FC as one of the great bastions of tradition within the English league, and a club that has known tragedy in football, more than any other in recent years.

Last year, My Old Man Said actively encouraged followers to sign the online petition to get the government to release the files and re-open the investigation into the Hillsborough ’96.

In light of this, as a few Liverpool fans have requested, we would be happy to make today’s game a double-date for football fan power – Support Stan and Justice for the 96.

Many thanks for reading this.

MOMS

#SUPPORTSTAN & #JFT96
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #86: Apr 07, 2012 10:53:41 am
      Found Kennys comments on this game interesting. He said that he is confident the fans would be happy with the team selection. Could that mean a few players dropped and maybe 1 or 2 surprises ???
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #87: Apr 07, 2012 11:02:31 am
      Come on redmen! Confident of a return to winning ways both here and against Blackburn in the week.
      StevieG80
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #88: Apr 07, 2012 11:10:38 am
      Cant see anything less that a win regardless of our form of late, theirs is worse. They have no cups and are lower that us. With having had a horrid week, I fully expect a reaction today, unfortunately for Villa.
      I reckon we could even see a good 2 or 3 goal win.
      A loss today to these would be a huge shock, its not even one at the teams at the bottom that I see as capable of issuing a shock against the big sides, there are teams lower than Villa that I do get this feeling from but these i expect us to beat.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #89: Apr 07, 2012 11:12:04 am
      I've got a feeling we will see a debutant today!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #90: Apr 07, 2012 11:14:42 am
      I've got a feeling we will see a debutant today!

I think Suso might be in the squad today, as well as Sterling.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #91: Apr 07, 2012 11:17:15 am
      I would love to see this line up.

Doni

Flanno    Skrtel      Coates       Enrique

Shelvey       Spearing

Gerrard           Suarez             Maxi

Carroll

3-0 to the Reds come on lads.

Quick Reply