Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Google's Project Glass

Read 5964 times
      Bier
      Google's Project Glass
      Apr 05, 2012 04:30:00 pm

Project Glass: One day...

Could be pretty cool.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Google's Project Glass
      Reply #1: Apr 05, 2012 04:43:03 pm
      So your happy with Google knowing your ever move?

Looks good, but you can kiss goodbye to any privacy.

Skynet any one?

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2: Apr 05, 2012 04:52:19 pm
      Resistance is futile.

Bier
      Reply #3: Apr 05, 2012 05:08:27 pm
      So your happy with Google knowing your ever move?

Looks good, but you can kiss goodbye to any privacy.

Skynet any one?

Those glasses as shown in that video aren't really doing much they aren't already doing. But mostly it's upto you whether you do or don't want to share certain information. Those glasses are just another device like a phone or tablet. The way you use it is upto you. I understand the whole privacy issue, but to be fair those glasses probably aren't more intrusive than the current smart phones out there, which granted are intrusive enough.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #4: Apr 05, 2012 06:20:42 pm
      That cools cool enough, cheers for posting Bier :)

Be interesting to see it develop now. I wonder it they will be like integrated as a wireless device for your smartphone, in which you could talk into headphones?

You'd look a bit weird just walkin around telling your glasses to do stuff like five you directions in some parts of the country! :D
      Bier
      Reply #5: Apr 05, 2012 07:22:53 pm
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #6: Apr 08, 2012 06:25:16 pm
      I already hate those jerkoff assholes who walk around with the Bluetooth sticking out of their heads.I understand using it while driving, thats fine. But these douchebags who walk around town and the store with an giant earpiece on.  Assholes.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,460 posts | 4587 
      Reply #7: Apr 08, 2012 07:33:53 pm
      I already hate those jerkoff assholes who walk around with the Bluetooth sticking out of their heads.I understand using it while driving, thats fine. But these douchebags who walk around town and the store with an giant earpiece on.  Assholes.

I remember when they first came out, getting people mixed up as loons walking down the road talking to themselves  :D

I've got a Samsung Smart 3D TV and i do worry at times with all the technology it contains i could be snooped on at a moment,frightening.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #8: Apr 08, 2012 08:12:25 pm

what about people who talk into their earphones while on a call, in between listening to music, on their iPhone?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #9: Apr 08, 2012 08:15:45 pm
      I remember when they first came out, getting people mixed up as loons walking down the road talking to themselves  :D

I've got a Samsung Smart 3D TV and i do worry at times with all the technology it contains i could be snooped on at a moment,frightening.

No need to be paranoid, they're already watching you. :D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,460 posts | 4587 
      Reply #10: Apr 08, 2012 08:19:49 pm
      No need to be paranoid, they're already watching you. :D

:) would not suprise me....all they have to do is look at the history of the current affairs thread ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #11: Apr 08, 2012 08:34:17 pm
      Lmao. What a crock of sh*t. It'll never take off.

(famous last words!)
      Joe88
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 366 posts |
      Reply #12: Apr 08, 2012 08:34:57 pm
      :) would not suprise me....all they have to do is look at the history of the current affairs thread ;)

Who on earth would want a first hand account of my boring life?

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #13: Apr 08, 2012 08:39:23 pm

(famous last words!)

That's what they said about bottled water....
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,460 posts | 4587 
      Reply #14: Apr 08, 2012 08:41:33 pm

Who on earth would want a first hand account of my boring life?

Interesting people ;)
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #15: Apr 23, 2012 12:08:37 am
      Accident waitin to happen them things, crossing the road flickin through my apps *CRASH*.

Plus you will look like a tw*t, then when your eyes have deteriorated you'll look like a bigger tw*t.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #16: Apr 23, 2012 06:06:24 pm
      Damn, I already spend alot of time on computers/internet..

There's no way I want my life to be controlled by some electronic device when I'm walking on the street. A phone and an ipod touch are bad enough.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #17: Apr 23, 2012 06:40:17 pm
      the end of the world is here..!!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #18: Apr 24, 2012 10:06:57 pm

(famous last words!)
      I dont know....Once they slap an "Apple" on one, load IOS and Siri into it, they will fly off the shelves. Every Apple douche in the World will be going broke to own one.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #19: Apr 30, 2012 12:23:06 pm
      Just seems really scary.......
      There will come a day were people will not be able to distinguish reality to fantasy, and this will make it far worse.
      Looks like you can do what you do in a game, but in life...........

My brain hurts :P
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #20: May 01, 2012 04:07:15 pm
      Just seems really scary.......
      There will come a day were people will not be able to distinguish reality to fantasy, and this will make it far worse.
      Looks like you can do what you do in a game, but in life...........

My brain hurts :P
      They need to stop with this little sh*t and just go full out "MATRIX".  I wont be happy until I can dodge bullets, wear cool leather coats and shoot the sh*t out of a building w/ an auto cannon from a moving helicopter.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #21: May 01, 2012 05:08:45 pm
      Remember this. Pretend to join Neo. Negotiate better life. Go back to Matrix.
      No?
      Lose an arm. Become a cyborg. Become suspicious of all robots.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #22: May 04, 2012 09:02:28 am
      They need to stop with this little sh*t and just go full out "MATRIX".  I wont be happy until I can dodge bullets, wear cool leather coats and shoot the sh*t out of a building w/ an auto cannon from a moving helicopter.

Got the leather jacket..........still looking for a "Cheap" Helicopter with auto cannons though, maybe e-bay will have one soon :D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #23: May 04, 2012 12:22:25 pm

Quality! :D
      Bier
      Reply #24: May 22, 2013 06:26:15 am
      Only a year ago I started this thread, they should be available sometime this year, but not yet for mass consumption.

Google Glass review | Engadget

Looking through Google Glass: Real Life Example

I think later generations could become really interesting.
      Bier
      Reply #25: May 22, 2013 07:02:54 am
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #26: May 22, 2013 07:09:59 am
      Amazing technology, something tells me it has a lot of sinister applications available to it though. Interesting how it's handled, I think it would have to be made very obvious to all that you're wearing them for people to accept it. Not sure anyone would be comfortable with pictures/videos being taken of them without their knowledge.

Granted we have that all the time with surveillance cameras, but I view this as quite a bit different and sinister.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #27: May 22, 2013 08:02:51 am
      Amazing technology, something tells me it has a lot of sinister applications available to it though. Interesting how it's handled, I think it would have to be made very obvious to all that you're wearing them for people to accept it. Not sure anyone would be comfortable with pictures/videos being taken of them without their knowledge.

Granted we have that all the time with surveillance cameras, but I view this as quite a bit different and sinister.

I'd imagine that as soon as the tech comes out some clever little hackers will crack it and give the option to remove all the spy sh*t that may be in there, we live in a paranoid age and anything that's in there that's dubious will deffo be highlighted by it's competitiors/smart phone rivals. The worrying thing is people being distracted, imagine you're just about to cross a road and you get a much anticipated call and absent mindedly keep on walking or someone decides that using it while driving is a good idea because they've forgotten their sat nav.

I love the clip in Biers vid with the first aid bit, deffo a step up from clunky smart phone apps.
      Bier
      Reply #28: May 22, 2013 08:44:42 am
      I'd imagine that as soon as the tech comes out some clever little hackers will crack it and give the option to remove all the spy sh*t that may be in there, we live in a paranoid age and anything that's in there that's dubious will deffo be highlighted by it's competitiors/smart phone rivals.

The main problem with the spy and privacy stuff isn't even so much your own glass, it's everybody elses. People can record everything you do, everywhere you are, without you knowing.

The worrying thing is people being distracted, imagine you're just about to cross a road and you get a much anticipated call and absent mindedly keep on walking or someone decides that using it while driving is a good idea because they've forgotten their sat nav.

I actually don't think that's a major issue, not even using it while driving. I think it's something people get used to. Whether you're listening to music on your headphones, or talking to someone via hands free in your car, or have a google glass on, I think people generally know when to pay attention to their surroudings, although there will always be human error.

Ofcourse Google are also working on self driving cars, which are actually used in practice already by some Google employees, and they say will be ready for public use in 5 years. That'd solve that issue alltogether.

Self-Driving Car Test: Steve Mahan

Quick Reply