Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Google's Project Glass

Read 5962 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Google's Project Glass
      Reply #23: May 04, 2012 12:22:25 pm
      They need to stop with this little sh*t and just go full out "MATRIX".  I wont be happy until I can dodge bullets, wear cool leather coats and shoot the sh*t out of a building w/ an auto cannon from a moving helicopter.

Quality! :D
      Bier
      Reply #24: May 22, 2013 06:26:15 am
      Only a year ago I started this thread, they should be available sometime this year, but not yet for mass consumption.

Google Glass review | Engadget

Looking through Google Glass: Real Life Example

I think later generations could become really interesting.
      Bier
      Reply #25: May 22, 2013 07:02:54 am
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #26: May 22, 2013 07:09:59 am
      Amazing technology, something tells me it has a lot of sinister applications available to it though. Interesting how it's handled, I think it would have to be made very obvious to all that you're wearing them for people to accept it. Not sure anyone would be comfortable with pictures/videos being taken of them without their knowledge.

Granted we have that all the time with surveillance cameras, but I view this as quite a bit different and sinister.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #27: May 22, 2013 08:02:51 am
      Amazing technology, something tells me it has a lot of sinister applications available to it though. Interesting how it's handled, I think it would have to be made very obvious to all that you're wearing them for people to accept it. Not sure anyone would be comfortable with pictures/videos being taken of them without their knowledge.

Granted we have that all the time with surveillance cameras, but I view this as quite a bit different and sinister.

I'd imagine that as soon as the tech comes out some clever little hackers will crack it and give the option to remove all the spy sh*t that may be in there, we live in a paranoid age and anything that's in there that's dubious will deffo be highlighted by it's competitiors/smart phone rivals. The worrying thing is people being distracted, imagine you're just about to cross a road and you get a much anticipated call and absent mindedly keep on walking or someone decides that using it while driving is a good idea because they've forgotten their sat nav.

I love the clip in Biers vid with the first aid bit, deffo a step up from clunky smart phone apps.
      Bier
      Reply #28: May 22, 2013 08:44:42 am
      I'd imagine that as soon as the tech comes out some clever little hackers will crack it and give the option to remove all the spy sh*t that may be in there, we live in a paranoid age and anything that's in there that's dubious will deffo be highlighted by it's competitiors/smart phone rivals.

The main problem with the spy and privacy stuff isn't even so much your own glass, it's everybody elses. People can record everything you do, everywhere you are, without you knowing.

The worrying thing is people being distracted, imagine you're just about to cross a road and you get a much anticipated call and absent mindedly keep on walking or someone decides that using it while driving is a good idea because they've forgotten their sat nav.

I actually don't think that's a major issue, not even using it while driving. I think it's something people get used to. Whether you're listening to music on your headphones, or talking to someone via hands free in your car, or have a google glass on, I think people generally know when to pay attention to their surroudings, although there will always be human error.

Ofcourse Google are also working on self driving cars, which are actually used in practice already by some Google employees, and they say will be ready for public use in 5 years. That'd solve that issue alltogether.

Self-Driving Car Test: Steve Mahan

Quick Reply