Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Liverpool 1-1 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match Discussions

Read 31838 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match Discussions
      Reply #621: Apr 07, 2012 07:30:33 pm
      When you do watch it, watch Henderson in particular, it really was one of his best performances of the season so far i feel.

Now thats something I would like to see. Aldo and co saying Ste G was sound 2nd half?

Hope so need him back leading by example.
      Reddamo
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      Reply #622: Apr 07, 2012 07:31:02 pm
      We played like the mid table also rans Kenny has turned us into. No pace, no control, no direction. It's as bad as Hodgson and without doubt he and camolli should go at the end of the season. £100million spent and we are going backwards.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #623: Apr 07, 2012 07:37:22 pm
      We played like the mid table also rans Kenny has turned us into. No pace, no control, no direction. It's as bad as Hodgson and without doubt he and camolli should go at the end of the season. £100million spent and we are going backwards.

Maybe, maybe not but what I can tell you is that nobody is going nowhere right now. So until the end of the season why can't we all just get behind the team.

Slag tactics, slag players, fair enough - but whats the point in calling for heads week in week out when there's games to play.

Debate until your red in the face but just F***ing support aswell. Please.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 819 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #624: Apr 07, 2012 07:39:46 pm
      Now thats something I would like to see. Aldo and co saying Ste G was sound 2nd half?

Hope so need him back leading by example.

Yeah he was great when out on the right, he whipped in a couple great crosses, but Henderson's performance was my favorite.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #625: Apr 07, 2012 07:46:12 pm
      To me Gerrards best position would be on the right of midfield, and then buy a top class creative midfielder in the summer.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #626: Apr 07, 2012 07:51:26 pm
      It's a sign of how our expectations have lowered that we can take any positives at all from the game today.

We didn't batter them 2nd half, they sat back and hoped to hit us on the counter.

I'm F***ing gutted at how this season has gone, and I'll be even more gutted if we buy more over priced and over hyped crap in the summer just because they happen to be british.

Today showed (as did many other games this season) that we need creative players with good technique and a bit of guile, and we're not going to get that by having a buy british policy.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #627: Apr 07, 2012 07:54:28 pm
      Glad to see Agger back. How we miss himself, Johnson and Lucas.
      I don't want to see us relying on Carra.
      I'd like to see Gerrard freed in midfield and I like us to sign a goal scorer.
      Watched the 09 game with Masch, Alonso, Torres and er Riera. Areas we need addressing in the summer.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #628: Apr 07, 2012 07:55:42 pm
      The problem i find with a lot of british players swab is they seem only capable of playing one way, they are not versatile and seem incapable of adapting to other systems, think our signings have shown us that.

Hopefully we learned our lesson but then Comoli paid 17 million for Bentley                   
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #629: Apr 07, 2012 08:48:01 pm
      Thought we would have been able to put our poor run behind us and got 3 points today. Disappointed at yet another home draw and toothless attack.

Kenny needs to be ruthless this summer and accept that many of his own signings aren't good enough for a club like Liverpool and get in the required standard.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #630: Apr 07, 2012 10:15:04 pm
      Aston Villa looked like the home team in the first half.

The second half was much better but still, wasn't good enough to win the game though we came close a few times.

I thought Agger made a difference when he came on and I think he was the one who assisted the goal Suarez scored. We've missed him badly.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #631: Apr 07, 2012 10:23:36 pm
      When you do watch it, watch Henderson in particular, it really was one of his best performances of the season so far i feel.
      Well apart from one tackle and it was one thats how you remember it so easily ,i thought he was piss poor ,and walking back through the park i thought a couple of old gentlemen summed it up perfect ,,,it was by far his best game for us and yet he was still sh*t ,couldn,t have put it better myself ,,oh and Downing was not far behind, in fact he may have been worse.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #632: Apr 07, 2012 10:24:10 pm
      Such a confusing situation but i think we can all agree on a few things.

Carra has become a shadow of himself and wouldn't be surprised if he retired at the end of the season and became a youth team coach.
      He was really bad and became a burden. Sorry, but to me that much is true.
      Great to see Hendo at CM....yes he wasn't that dominant, but be showed a great array of passes and was everywhere.
      Shelvey is going to be a great player for us if he learns to tackle better and look up more.
      Downing showed flashes of great pace and delivery but feel bad for him as he needs a proper Striker to attack those crosses. The rest of the time he was very lethargic.
      Flanno recovered well from a poor start.
      Enrique? Who is this player we now have playing for us because he isn't even remotely comparable to the fella at the start of the season. He was terrible.
      Suarez....yes he scored, yes he creates, but i for one am so tired of his theatrics and HONESTLY wouldn't mind if he got sold in the summer. Too much drama. I will get slated but i really feel that way. I feel embarrassed that the club has defended him as much as we have.
      Gerrard looks lost. Where should he now play? He gets shifted all over the place and i know he is trying to get match fit still and so i will excuse him.
      Carroll is an utter waste of space...i defended him for a LONG time but i throw my hands up and acknowledge the errors of my faith.
      He could be great somewhere else OR with a different set of players around him at LFC but overall he is a waste of money on a massive level.

We should be winning these games....we shouldn't be happy with a carling cup and a FA Cup semi....the league is the most important thing and i and sorry for Kenny, the players have let him down MASSIVELY.

All i hope is that we get rid of the sh*te during the summer, buy a couple of quality players BUT start to trust in the youngsters and properly build.
      Don't expect a title but just want to see the old LFC i have loved for over 30 years to reappear....at least one that gives a  committed performance every game. For 90 mins. For Fucks sake, they are wearing a LFC shirt?!?!

1-1 against a sh*te villa team at home is terrible no matter the terrible run we have been on.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #633: Apr 07, 2012 10:24:35 pm
      Agger to me is the most under rated player in England. Ive loved him since i saw him piss all over rooney as a part time player for Denmark
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #634: Apr 07, 2012 10:29:12 pm
      Agger to me is the most under rated player in England. Ive loved him since i saw him piss all over rooney as a part time player for Denmark

I've loved him ever since he scored that goal against Chelsea.

Love him. Even have his name on my 3rd away kit of last season.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #635: Apr 07, 2012 10:31:26 pm
      Agger belongs in the bracket of Hansen and Hypia in terms of quality ball playing defenders we have had in the last few decades. Sure i have missed a couple but i rate him very highly.
      To think that he was almost pushed out the door on a few occasions over the years.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #636: Apr 07, 2012 10:36:14 pm
      shut up you f**king pr**k, a forum is a place for people to have different opinions whether you agree with my posts or not.

Well aren't you rock hard from behind your keyboard. Will have to refer to you as Johnny Concrete from now on.

Don't doubt you can have opinions on a forum and can't quite figure out from what post you would possibly think that I have said you can't.

Stop making things up.

But I've got to say your opinion, in my opinion, is quite frankly a load of one dimensional, doom mongering, depressing nonsense.  All I've ever seen you do is F***ing moan. Fans like you are quite embarrassing in my opinion. By the way that's what you are a fan and not a supporter if your 'opinions' on this forum are anything to go by.

Well either that or a blue.

Little example here kind of says it all.

Look at the date on your post here:

ya because winning the Carling Cup makes it a successful season does it? Just ask Birmingham who won it last year and got relegated.

I agree with Corb, Rafa would be my choice for next season and he would definitely have spent the money better. Otherwise I could see us signing Bent for 30m in the summer and that very thought makes me cringe.

A F***ing miserable moan on the run up to us playing in the cup final where we could win our first trophy for  six years.

Then your next post after that is some three weeks later.

poor team, our midfield looks very weak and I cant believe that Bellamy is not starting, hoping but not expecting much from this.

Another F***ing miserable moan.

Not one mention of the Cup we'd won whilst you had refrained from posting. Would of been the first thing I and most supporters would of mentioned if I had been away for three weeks.

Not you though, you just want to F***ing moan.

In fact the only time I've seen you mention the cup win is to slag its importance off.

Didn't see you mention the Derby win either. Nothing to moan about though was there ay.

All in all I don't respect your opinion but feel free to moan about how you want Kenny out but don't expect many welcome responses when thats all you have got to contribute.

Knee-jerking moaner!

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #637: Apr 07, 2012 10:43:02 pm
      Agger belongs in the bracket of Hansen and Hypia in terms of quality ball playing defenders we have had in the last few decades. Sure i have missed a couple but i rate him very highly.
      To think that he was almost pushed out the door on a few occasions over the years.

He's just so unlucky with injuries.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #638: Apr 07, 2012 10:44:14 pm
      I think anyone should be able to post their opinions on the current state of the club without being insulted.
      That is not aimed at anyone....it is not in reference to the prior posts but one a feeling i have developed after all the slagging of that has gone on.
      Stop thinking that you can get away with insults just because you are on the web and no one see's you....get some decency.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #639: Apr 07, 2012 10:45:22 pm
      He's just so unlucky with injuries.

Yeah, very true.
      Think he and Skrtel have been solid for us and have looked like the basis for a good next season.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #640: Apr 07, 2012 10:47:29 pm

He's the best football player we've had at CB since Hansen.

Sami was a better defender, but Agger is a better footballer.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #641: Apr 07, 2012 10:57:42 pm
      Totally agree.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #642: Apr 07, 2012 11:02:06 pm
      POST MATCH INTERVIEW:

Interviewer to KK: So further frustration?

KK: Not for us, no. I think frustration will come if I was in charge of referees association and the referee never gave a penalty because.......

Subtle jab at the referee's crappy officiating.
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2012 11:29:31 pm by solodee »
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 819 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #643: Apr 07, 2012 11:04:43 pm
      Was speaking to a few mates who feel he was terrible today.

Hyperbole overload nowadays.

Terrible? He was great, apart from a couple poor shooting decisions that is.

Quick Reply