Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Liverpool 1-1 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match Discussions

Read 31841 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Aston Villa: In game and Post Match Discussions
      Reply #644: Apr 07, 2012 11:07:33 pm
      I don't think Henderson was terrible.

In fact, he actually made alot of nice forward passes. Only groans and moans were heard whenever he opted to play the ball back rather than look forward.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #645: Apr 07, 2012 11:10:40 pm

Stop thinking that you can get away with insults just because you are on the web and no one see's you....get some decency.

True. You could actually be imprisoned for such ugly show of indecency too.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #646: Apr 07, 2012 11:13:13 pm
      I know!
      Even my acknowledgement of the crap that gets thrown around is enough to get me in trouble with some forum members!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #647: Apr 07, 2012 11:17:21 pm
      I have tried to take a measured view after watching the match again (not MOTD, I recorded it and watched it all) and I am still of the opinion that we were pretty F***ing bad today.

I don't know what or where the problem is, but clearly there is a problem and the management/coaching staff seem powerless to do anything about it, which concerns me.

Let me describe a scenario: The club captain walks around looking disinterested, bursting into life once in a while, but not talking to his team mates or encouraging them. At the same time disparate personalities are not happy because there are more cliques than before, because of the buy british policy. This leads to a lack of understanding and communication.
      In the meantime, the manager wants to be the players mate rather than their boss which leads to an over-familiarity resulting in a lack of respect.
      Players start to get lazy, knowing the boss will defend them no matter what but at the same time, focus on what they think the boss wants - cups.
      End of scenario.

KK has NEVER fined a player. His own words.

I admit the above scenario may be wide of the mark, but for good players to be so incapable on the field suggests to me that something, somewhere is very wrong.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #648: Apr 07, 2012 11:21:18 pm
      Think you raise some very good points Swab and think you aren't far of the mark.
      The issue i have is that its the players and not Kenny, though i do think he and the coaches need to rethink the structure from top to bottom to get the best out of us next season and hopefully that is after a culling of the squad, a few new players and faith in the youth.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #649: Apr 07, 2012 11:33:43 pm
      Another bad day at the office... Tough to handle!

Where to start...

Kuyt cant be missing them chances!
      Gerrard looked better today at times but at other times he looks so bored and not involved... Id take captaincy off him only for the fact that the knock on effect to KK would probably be worse than the statement! But SG needs to up his game and captaincy responsibilities for me!
      Loved Suarez's attitude after his goal grabbing the ball and getting going... winning attitude!
      Carroll was a static as ever for me... header straight to keeper should of been better...
      Enriques confidence is slowly dwindling and I dont see why cause his form vs the rest of team was well above average!
      Doni put in a good shift...

2 Shots on target and 1 goal for Villa says it all...
      5 on target out of 22 and 1 goal is the reason why we are where we are in the league... too often!

Villa, with a weaker squad then last season, are a shell of their former selves and should of been easily displaced...
      Pool, with a stronger squad then last season, are a shell of their former selves however still should have beaten villa...

To sum up... confidence and lack of belief is killing us... Newcastle are fighting for a 3rd position that should of been ours and if everyone here is honest... player for player we are so much better than them and should be killing the teams wev lost too even on our "bad days"!

We are cursed! Hopefully it was only 1 mirror we broke...
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #650: Apr 07, 2012 11:57:55 pm

Suarez....yes he scored, yes he creates, but i for one am so tired of his theatrics and HONESTLY wouldn't mind if he got sold in the summer. Too much drama. I will get slated but i really feel that way. I feel embarrassed that the club has defended him as much as we have.

No disrespect but i dont think anyone cares if you stop "defending" suarez. Yes, Suarez cheates, He dives and what not but he is one to keep for sure. I am pretty sure that the majority of the fans agree cuz you can hear the chant every match even if we play away.
      Remember ronaldo with the scum, how he used to cheat? i didnt come across 1 scum supporter who would wanted ronaldo gone cuz he dived. its all about the performance in the end. If suarez had netted some his chances this year and without the ban, his goal tally would be much much higher.

lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #651: Apr 08, 2012 12:05:00 am
      I understand your opinion but to me that isn't good enough.
      He is a cheat and a terrible ambassador for LFC.
      Ronaldo played for the scum and quite frankly their standards traditionally have always been different to ours....thats why we have been viewed as being classy and they have not.
      Stand by my beliefs but appreciate your view point.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #652: Apr 08, 2012 12:09:52 am
      Ronaldo played for the scum and quite frankly their standards traditionally have always been different to ours....thats why we have been viewed as being classy and they have not.

I agree with you in that he does cheat, he does try to get penalties through dives, and he is a poor example to represent Liverpool. However, I'd rather see a player like him who plays with fire and passion and does whatever he has to just to get the ball in the back of the net then someone who plays who shows no emotion like a good amount of our current players.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #653: Apr 08, 2012 12:12:19 am
      I admit the above scenario may be wide of the mark, but for good players to be so incapable on the field suggests to me that something, somewhere is very wrong.

Its true mate and I've said so myself.

Also mentioned in another thread (Ding Dong The King is Dead) how many players this season have underperformed. Far too many for far too long.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #654: Apr 08, 2012 12:26:04 am
      Once again,a poor team performance,which yet again highlighted,obvious problems.Henderson is not yet good enough to wear the shirt,Carra's done,Gerrard needs to be removed from a pivotal role.Our midfield is not top 4 quality anymore,Carroll needs to go to Galatasary on loan and Suarez needs Messi to partner him.We currently are perfoming like a mid-table team,(same as Roy left us).Defeat against the Bitters next week,would demand change.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #655: Apr 08, 2012 12:41:11 am
      ;D RedRoy you should definitely be kept away from sharp implements and strong medication with such a negative outlook. We were not that bad, Henderson had one of his best games for us. The performance was nowhere near as bad as some are trying to make out.

Agree with you Carra is done, but he didn't do too much wrong this game to highlight that, removing Gerrard from a pivotal role is open for discussion, I don't agree but also acknowledge he isn't having a good run of form besides the Derby.

Your last sentence is the one that most bothers me "defeat against the bitters next week would demand change." This strikes me as almost hopeful that we do lose to instigate change, well even if we lost I don't think Kenny would be sacked, personally I think his job is safe for next year already. The loud minority though do seem quite desperate to drum up support for a Kenny out campaign and even after an up turn in form (yes it was a draw but our performance deserved the win, that old adage huh) they want to bang the negativity drum as loud as they can, well it's falling on deaf ears here and I'm gonna keep marching with Kenny's army to Wembley twice this year, it's fantastic to say that.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #656: Apr 08, 2012 12:43:22 am

The thing is that every supporter believes that their club has the best and classiest support. Even chelsea fans with their plastic flags believe that their club is the white knight who stands out from rest of the english teams. It goes for every supporter whichever team they support.
      This is modern day football where players will do everything to reach the top. I read a article in champion magazine couple of years ago concerning diving. They found out that big football academies in spain and other countries, where they gave tips to young players on how to dive.
      Its all about the performance in the end, if you do well then all the pundits and commentators wont be on your back cuz its not interesting for the general public. if not,  then they all will team up and kick you while you are down. thats just my pov tho.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #657: Apr 08, 2012 12:59:41 am
      Thought the performance was good, considering how Aston Villa set themselves out after they'd scored.

Just need to get the ball in the net. That's it. We should have won by a few goals today.

It's almost becoming funny how many times we hit the woodwork... :mad:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #658: Apr 08, 2012 01:17:24 am
      I think we hit it four times ..

Kuyt's shot after it was saved by Given.
      Suarez' header.
      Bellamy's volley.
      Agger's header but that was put into the net by Luis.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #659: Apr 08, 2012 07:22:43 am
      F**k how biased was the commentary? Suarez gets booked "no touch, sick off it". Carruthers does it "he's unlucky there".
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #660: Apr 08, 2012 09:33:35 am
      Managed to go to the game, another poor performance from the Reds. Seem to lack the urgency in going forward. Watching the highlights later on. Definite trip on Suarez should have been a penalty. Still at least salvaged a draw in a very poor league season with more points dropped.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #661: Apr 08, 2012 10:29:40 am
      It's pretty obvious that our passing and movement is not quick enough, but of course that takes time and will be better next season

But most of the players have had an entire season and a half playing together.

with the team getting used to each others play.

All of them have played with each other for a season at least.

Game changed when Agger and Carroll came on and they were both unlucky not to score.

True in Agger's sake, but Carroll I don't think was unlucky, I think he was clumsy. And when a defender comes on and is our biggest goal threat up to that point, that's worrying.

Hope Kenny gives Carroll a run in the team to evaluate him properly.

Me too, though he did have a quite decent run just before the CC final.

Once again, luck deserted us and decisions were not favourable but that has been the trend most of the season,

True, but let's not forget along with some absolute shocking finishing as a whole.

lets hope we can make our own luck and not depend on poor ref's decisions going forward.

Agreed.

Another game we could have won with 4 goals and lets hope we are saving the goals for Everton and Carroll must play in the semi IMO.

Yup.

I'm all for backing the team and the manager but had to address some of your points as I thought they weren't totally correct.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #662: Apr 08, 2012 11:16:29 am
      Quite funny to see the posts in here vilifying Kenny when he brought Agger on, only for him to effectively change the game.

Same old story though, lacking that cutting edge up front.

Much better performance second half and hopefully abit of a confidence booster. Still, a game we should have won.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #663: Apr 08, 2012 11:37:34 am
      Quite funny to see the posts in here vilifying Kenny when he brought Agger on, only for him to effectively change the game.

I was merely pointing out that our defender provided a stark contrast to our strikers up to that point.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #664: Apr 08, 2012 11:55:45 am
      I was merely pointing out that our defender provided a stark contrast to our strikers up to that point.

I was referring to the comments on page 13 after the substitution was made.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #665: Apr 08, 2012 12:00:52 pm
      It was a strange substitution, i stand by that, that he got a flick on for the goal doesnt really change my opinion about that, was agger brought on because of his threat from set pieces.

Agger played a part in the goal, so it worked in a sense, doesnt mean it wasnt strange, we are looking for a goal and kenny brings on a defender, he obviously doesnt trust maxi.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #666: Apr 08, 2012 12:40:27 pm
       We lack quite a lot of confidence at the moment, once we win a few games we'll look like a different team. Not that insightful a post, just thought I'd state a pretty obvious fact.

Quick Reply