Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Don't People Just Love Scapegoats These Days

Read 6621 times
      poolio_54
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 376 posts | 11 
      Re: Don't People Just Love Scapegoats These Days
      Reply #23: Apr 09, 2012 12:30:47 pm
      But is it not also the essence of being a supporter to support your players? We are gonna get no where if we want to tear 4 of our 1st team to bits after every game and in some games regardless of how well they performed. At the very least they will be our players until the end of the season should we not be willing them on rather than pretty much willing them to fail to fit in with our opinions?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #24: Apr 09, 2012 01:35:37 pm
      Of course there is more scapegoats we are having our worst season ever in the premiership obviously fans are going to try and blame someone that is human nature.

For some... Dont take that as an attack but some dont look for someone to blame.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Apr 09, 2012 01:41:10 pm
      But is it not also the essence of being a supporter to support your players? We are gonna get no where if we want to tear 4 of our 1st team to bits after every game and in some games regardless of how well they performed. At the very least they will be our players until the end of the season should we not be willing them on rather than pretty much willing them to fail to fit in with our opinions?

The after effects of H&G mate, us fans are no longer happy unless we have an axe to grind or battle to fight. ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #26: Apr 09, 2012 01:52:21 pm
      And if we are having our worst EPL season ever, maybe some of them aren't scapegoats, they're really to be blamed...
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,242 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #27: Apr 09, 2012 02:32:14 pm
      I think Hendo gets a lot of leeway from fans especially when he appears more concerned with making sure his hair is perfect than what is going on during the game at times.

Hendo would gain more respect from me if he shaved his hair off and grew and some balls, because at the moment for all you can see he has ability, he's more concerned with his appearance and he's a little pussy on the pitch.
      Spot on imagine him playing infront of Tommy Smith!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #28: Apr 09, 2012 03:55:15 pm
      Nothing has changed except the political correct culture that exists today, back then you could call a spade a spade and no one would bat a eyelid, you could get away with shouting abuse from the terraces and not feel guilty about it, more often than not you got a few laughs,

peoples skins seems alot thinner these days, and are to easily offended, I'm a JOCK, oh, sorry Scottish, from Scotland, that wee fishing village just North of Watford, and I've had dogs abuse from Poms, Taffs, Paddies,Frogs,Krauts, Pakis, Indians and everyone else, do i care, am i offended, nah, not at all, apparently we're not allowed to have a sense of humour anymore, these day they are too many ' know it all's' know what's best for us, meddling in our everyday lives, politicians especially,

there will alway's be a scapegoat, there will alway's be someone to blame, thats just the way it goes, and some can handle it better than others,  blame me if you want, I dont give a F**k   ;D  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #29: Apr 09, 2012 04:19:59 pm
      we are having our worst season ever in the premiership   

Really?

I've known worse seasons in terms of league performance, especially under Souness!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #30: Apr 09, 2012 04:24:14 pm
      In what way, we have never scored less goals dropped more points at home and had less points, we have what is it 2 or 3 league wins this year.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #31: Apr 09, 2012 04:33:41 pm
      In what way, we have never scored less goals dropped more points at home and had less points, we have what is it 2 or 3 league wins this year.

Oh I don't know let's start with beating the blueshite home and away, winning at the emirates and for all the sh*t thrown at the likes of Henderson, Adam, Downing and Carroll, have you forgotten Julian Dicks, Istvan Kozma, Paul Stewart, Nicky Tanner, Torben Piechnik.

And I go in seasons, not years. How many league wins this season?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #32: Apr 09, 2012 04:38:06 pm
      Not sure off the top of my head, but i know we have 9 draws at home, our worst home record since i think 54.

I put the signing of Adam and spunking 35 million on Carroll up there with the money blown on stewart and dicks. The other 2 were comical
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #33: Apr 09, 2012 04:48:39 pm
      :
      Not sure off the top of my head, but i know we have 9 draws at home, our worst home record since i think 54.

;D

Funny how you can spit out negative stats like rainman but anything the other way your like my old altzheimer's suffering Nana... ( Bless her).
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #34: Apr 09, 2012 04:52:00 pm
      When i see Everton 4 points ahead of us and newcastle is it 14 or 17 points ahead of us, think i have every right to be negative. We spent more on Downing then both clubs spent last summer
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #35: Apr 09, 2012 05:40:18 pm
      When i see Everton 4 points ahead of us and newcastle is it 14 or 17 points ahead of us, think i have every right to be negative. We spent more on Downing then both clubs spent last summer

Comolli Thread.

Of course there is more scapegoats we are having our worst season ever in the premiership obviously fans are going to try and blame someone that is human nature. 

and this has come after our expectations were raised or shall we say we raised them.

The Woy / Hicks and Gillett time was torrid ..that wasnt LFC ...none of it .....so to get new owners, new players and Kenny back, our dreams or so we thought, had come true.

We didnt expect much.
      Fourth would be good.
      We HAD to improve on Wafa and Woys seventh (didn't we) so three places up with new blood was realistic.

We are angry. With justification.

We watch Newcastle getting into a CL place and a striker they bought in JANUARY putting the goals away.
      Then we read the complete sh*te Comolli came out in his interview justifying how he makes himself look busy  and the bullshit with that "there was no one around".

We watch the Bitters and their new striker Jelavic who has scored six since they bought him at the turn of the year.

We remind ourselves of what Villa did to stay up and achieve their target by paying over the odds for  Bent.

It is quite normal for us to be the way we are.... looking for a scapegoat. We did with Moores and Parry.

Anyone who does not perform on or off the pitch, should not be associated with the club and when you hear that a camp comedian's Dad is pulling in new players for nothing (Carr) then I seriously hope to f...k that FSG keep the sweety jar closed this summer and make Comolli do some scouting (with his fantastic new network)  on a budget.

Then we will see how good he his or whether its all bullshit.

We haven't all brains the size of planets but FFS it was patently obvious coming up to the January window that we needed goalscorers (Suarez 8 / Bellers 6 ) urgently for the second half of the season.
      We were saying it every day.
      What was wrong at the club?

Pride? That the "Toon Terror" would save face for Kenny and Comolli ?   F..ing laugh that. :lmao:

No.

Our disgraceful league position for who we are ..... LFC ..... is exactly where we are right now and where we deserve to be.

Nothing more than a mid table team.
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2012 06:19:59 pm by eurored »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #36: Apr 09, 2012 05:44:59 pm
      Biggest Scapegoat was Rafa.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #37: Apr 09, 2012 05:52:23 pm
      Totally agree with you Shabs.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #38: Apr 09, 2012 05:52:49 pm

Don't think he was a scapegoat, he made good and bad decisions and earned the chance to put things right, which he didn't get and which Kenny should and deserves to get as well.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #39: Apr 09, 2012 05:53:57 pm
      Have to say eurored excellant post, to off this season, comoli telling us that there was no one available in january when everyone could f**king see we needed a striker has to be the biggest joke of all.

He must f**king squirm every time he sees 9 million Cisse score or 5 million Jelavic bang in a goal.

No value in f**king january, ya Damien good one.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #40: Apr 09, 2012 05:55:44 pm
      Have to say eurored excellant post, the top off this season, comoli telling us that there was no one available in january when everyone could F***ing see we need a striker has to be the biggest joke of all.

He must F***ing squirm every time he sees 9 million Cisse score or 5 million Jelavic bang in a goal.

No value in F***ing january, ya Damien good one.

Don't forget to slag off Kenny then, who said he was happy with the squad and didn't think we needed to add any fresh faces.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #41: Apr 09, 2012 06:00:09 pm
      Don't forget to slag off Kenny then, who said he was happy with the squad and didn't think we needed to add any fresh faces.

Ya if Kenny really thought that as i said at the time it was a massive mistake.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #42: Apr 09, 2012 06:05:33 pm
      Most people scoffed on here when Jelovic was linked with us in January...

Just saying like.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #43: Apr 09, 2012 06:07:59 pm
      I was one, didnt think he would adapt and not as quickly but then im not making a couple of million of year to make these decisions
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #44: Apr 09, 2012 11:08:18 pm
      To be fair most people turned their noses up at Jelavic because he came from the SPL. Cisse seemed the more acceptable striker given the comparative strength of the Bundesliga.

I've tried to find my posts in the Jelavic transfer thread but I can't find it. The essence of it was, having seen plenty of him, he'd score goals in the PL but not be a twenty goal a year player. Despite his start being good I don't see him maintaining this strike rate at Everton. I've not seen enough of Cisse to pass similar judgement on him.

The point is you're both right, Comolli is getting paid lots to find players like these two - not players like Downing - and both transfered for cheap. So it does seem now, with perfect hindsight to have been foolish to pass them up or worrying we couldn't afford, or whatever you believe.

But let's look to the future now and try to run with the general feeling in January, we should be looking for a quality of player above these two for long term because both do seem fairly limited in the way they play.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #45: Apr 10, 2012 03:50:25 am
      we should be looking for a quality of player above these two for long term because both do seem fairly limited in the way they play.

\

Limited how? By putting the ball in the net?

Quick Reply