Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Alan Davies re: Hillsborough

Read 15953 times
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Alan Davies re: Hillsborough
      Apr 09, 2012 05:01:29 pm
      Incensitive, crass, clueless, utter gobs***e.

TV funnyman Alan Davies is set to provoke a storm of protest for a foul-mouthed rant criticising Liverpool Football Club's refusal to play on the anniversary of the Hillsborough Disaster.

The Jonathan Creek and QI star made his shocking outburst during the latest edition of his popular podcast for Arsenal fans 'The Tuesday Club'.

The 46-year-old -- who once hit the headlines for biting a homeless man's ear in a drunken attack outside a swanky London club -- was discussing the dates of the forthcoming FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley.

Liverpool's clash with Merseyside rivals, Everton, takes place on Saturday, April 14th. Tottenham take on Chelsea the following day -- the 23rd anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster.

Liverpool refuse to play on April 15th as a show for respect for the ninety-six football fans who died in a crush at an FA Cup Semi Final at the stadium in Sheffield on that date in 1989.

But Davies seemed to care more about the fact that Liverpool's stance meant Chelsea were having to play their FA Cup tie only three days before their Champions League last-four clash with Barcelona.

He ranted: "Liverpool and the 15th -- that gets on my tits that sh*t. What are you talking about, 'We won't play on the day'. Why can't they?"

Laughing nervously, one of his co-presenters, Ian Stone, tried to point out why Liverpool FC don't take a business-as-usual approach to the most painful day in the club's history, saying: "Because it's too sad a memory."

But that simple and obvious explanation failed to deter Davies, who was on a roll.

He said: "Do they play on the date of the Heysel Stadium disaster? How many dates do they not play on? Do Man United play on the date of Munich? Do Rangers play on the date when all their fans died in that disaster whatever year that was - 1971?"

Davies - who trades off his cuddly TV image - continued in his attack by savaging the Liverpool legend and manager Kenny Dalglish, who has defended the decision not to play on April 15th.

Davies raved: "Every interview he's given this season he looks like he wants to head-butt the interviewer. This tight-mouthed, furious, frowning, leaning-forward, bitter Glaswegian ranting, 'Liverpool FC do not play on April 15th'."

After beginning a poor impersonation of Dalglish, Davies broke off to say his attempt to mimic the Scotsman's accent was "terrible because I hate him".
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2012 05:37:36 pm by Dannylfc »
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Re: Alan Davies re: Hillsborough
      Reply #1: Apr 09, 2012 05:40:05 pm
      Insensitive c**t.

I read his rant via Twitter. He also had a go at Chelsea and Spurs.

Here it is in full: http://rhubarbgrumble.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/tv-funnyman-alan-davies-is-set-to.html
      seanmalonelfc
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      • OOOH YOU BEAUTY! WHAT A HIT SON, WHAT A HIT!
      Reply #2: Apr 09, 2012 06:46:47 pm
      No, we have never played on the anniversary of the Heysel disaster you utter tw*t. How can he not see the reasons for not playing on the 15th? Show some respect  :f_steam:
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Alan Davies the unfunny, rants why should liverpool not play on April 15
      Reply #3: Apr 09, 2012 07:00:34 pm
      This is in todays mail
      Davies causes outrage after hitting out at Liverpool over dodging Hillsborough date
      By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
      PUBLISHED: 17:00, 9 April 2012 | UPDATED: 17:55, 9 April 2012
      Comments (0)

Rant: Arsenal fan Alan Davies
      Comedian Alan Davies is facing a backlash from fans after mocking Liverpool's insistence that they never play on the anniversary of Hillsborough.
      The Arsenal fan was speaking on a podcast when he launched into a rant over the Merseyside club’s refusal to stage matches on April 15 in tribute to the 96 fans that lost their lives on that date in 1989.
      The 46-year-old, talking on 'The Tuesday Club', was discussing Liverpool's insistence on playing city rivals Everton this coming Saturday in the FA Cup semi-finals.
      It means Chelsea must play their semi-final with Tottenham on the Sunday even though this comes just three days before their Champions League first leg clash with Barcelona.
      Davies said: 'Liverpool and the 15th - that gets on my tits that s***. What are you talking about "We won’t play on the day"? Why can’t they?'
      The podcast presenter Ian Stone attempted to reason with Davies by saying: ‘Because it’s too sad a memory.’
      However, the TV star responded: 'Do they play on the date of the Heysel Stadium disaster? How many dates do they not play on?
      'Do Man United play on the date of Munich? Do Rangers play on the date when all their fans died in that disaster whatever year that was - 1971?'

Target: Kenny Dalglish was also criticised by Davies on the podcast
      He then turned his anger on Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish, adding: 'Every interview he’s given this season he looks like he wants to headbutt the interviewer. This tight-mouthed, furious, frowning, leaning forward, bitter Glaswegian ranting, "Liverpool FC do not play on April 15th".'
      After attempting to impersonate Dalglish, Davies admitted his effort was 'terrible because I hate him'.
      Gunners fanatic Davies then turned his fire on arch rivals Spurs by saying: 'What vermin run that club. They always have. Absolute vermin. Scum of the earth.'
      Davies took to Twitter to defend his comments, saying Liverpool should be made to play their semi-final on the 15th as it is unfair on Chelsea, but claims he supports the need for a full inquiry into the disaster at Hillsborough 23 years ago.
      He said: 'I'm getting tweets from Liverpool fans who have been given the impression that I was disrespectful to those who lost their lives on 15/4/89.
      'Many disagree but I feel that the Liverpool v Everton semi-final could be played on Apr 15. Apologies to those upset by that suggestion.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2127339/Alan-Davies-causes-outrage-criticism-Liverpool-dodging-Hillsborough-date.html#ixzz1rZEOznqP
      what an utter pr**k

gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Re: Alan Davies the unfunny, rants why should liverpool not play on April 15
      Reply #4: Apr 09, 2012 07:07:09 pm
      Not worth a reply.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #5: Apr 09, 2012 07:09:55 pm
      It turns out he's a moron. Who'd have guessed?

He seemed quite pleasant on QI.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #6: Apr 09, 2012 07:13:16 pm
      F***ing Dichead..Seen it on Facebook earlier.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7: Apr 09, 2012 07:19:48 pm
      Never like the c*nt.
      Think he is unfunny at the best of times so this is no different.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #8: Apr 09, 2012 07:22:10 pm
      Pay no attention to the  :tosser:
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #9: Apr 09, 2012 07:56:39 pm
      Talks like a five year old and it turns out that he has the intelligence of that age
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #10: Apr 09, 2012 08:09:38 pm
      I did quite like him until this. dick head. He is at the Liverpool Empire on the 23rd of September. He's in for a rough ride if anybody bothers to turn up.

What Alan Davies *actually* said about Liverpool

This is what he says.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #11: Apr 09, 2012 08:11:48 pm
      Alan Davies ‏ @alandavies1
      I can't reply to all the tweets on this subject, only reiterate my support for the Justice For 96 campaign & apologise for being insensitive

Tony Evans ‏ @TonyEvansTimes
      The @alandavies1 thing is over. He's apologised. Don't waste energy abusing him. Email your MPs, raise awareness and aim at real targets
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #12: Apr 09, 2012 08:25:05 pm
      I used to like him, seemed quite sensible, and I really enjoyed QI.

Now the f**ker is in the same file as Clarkson.
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #13: Apr 09, 2012 09:54:25 pm
      I don't see the need for the English FA to make an English club play on a day of such tragedy so that another English club can have more rest for a non-English competition.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #14: Apr 10, 2012 12:12:01 am
      If it happened to his beloved Arsenal he wouldn't be saying the same thing, which is why he was completely wrong with what he said. Then he tried to go on twitter and say he supports the Justice for the 96 campaign....but still doesn't know why we shouldn't play on that date? He really is just trying to worm his way out of what he said instead of admitting he was wrong from the beginning and never should have opened his mouth about the subject. If it's an Arsenal podcast, wtf is he doing mentioning Liverpool's semi-final match anyway?

Edit: He did donate to the Justice 96 campaign.....after someone told him about it on twitter. Once again, if he supports the campaign why didn't he know you could donate to it before hand.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #15: Apr 10, 2012 12:18:30 am
      I don't see the need for the English FA to make an English club play on a day of such tragedy so that another English club can have more rest for a non-English competition.

We had to face Chelsea (And beat them) with two days rest.....they'll live.......and then get destroyed by Barca anyway. They really think a day is going to make a difference to the stomping they will get?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,002 posts | 3350 
      Reply #16: Apr 10, 2012 12:39:30 am
      Well given the southern cu*ts hatred of the city this comes as no F***ing surprise. He's a F***ing gobs***e of the highest order and always has been. Nick Hancock can F**k off an all the pr**k.

Further proof
      Liverpool humour by Alan Davies
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #17: Apr 10, 2012 01:42:54 am
      Here is what he say the F***ing bell-end,He should be ashamed of himself!!!

What Alan Davies said about Liverpool | Hillsborough
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #18: Apr 10, 2012 01:51:27 am
      It's his opinion and he is entitled to it. He is completely wrong. If Utd didn't want to play on the same day as Munich, they would get my support. If he wanted to stay in on the day his mother died he is entitled to do that. Death threats are a bit much, just an idiot thing to say. We don't want to play any game on that day and we are entitled to that standpoint.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #19: Apr 10, 2012 03:29:17 am
      F***ing bellend
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #20: Apr 10, 2012 04:20:41 am
      I used to like him, seemed quite sensible, and I really enjoyed QI.

Now the f**ker is in the same file as Clarkson.

Nah. Quite enjoy Clarkson myself. Pissed myself with laughter when he made the comment about the Union strike in November. Pissed myself even more at the severe dick heads making fools out of themselves thinking he meant it and getting all uptight about it.

As for Davies - he should go and bite a tramps ear again. Don't think he's ever done anything good....and besides I get pissed off with the site of him because every time I turn on Dave in the evening it's always Q bloody I. Moronic utterances from him. Hillsborough is still so fresh in the memories of many for it to be played on that day. Poor and completely thoughtless thing to say.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #21: Apr 10, 2012 06:28:05 am
      Go read the comments section under the article... it'll make you understand the true meaning of bile and hatred.

Those comments are worse than some tit trying to be funny.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #22: Apr 10, 2012 07:15:13 am
      really sad to hear this as i used to like him so much...QI is one of my fav shows....don't understand why he had to denigrate himself and our club by these comments.

Quick Reply