Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man of the Match tonight?

Maxi Rodriguez
      48 (28.6%)
      Andy Carroll
      36 (21.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      31 (18.5%)
      Craig Bellamy
      15 (8.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      10 (6%)
      Jay Spearing
      1 (0.6%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      22 (13.1%)
      Someone else?
      5 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Blackburn 2-3 Liverpool: In-game and post-match celebrations

Read 50133 times
      simolfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 22 
      • Thank you Dirk YNWA
      Re: Blackburn 2-3 Liverpool: In-game and post-match celebrations
      Reply #943: Apr 11, 2012 12:17:28 am

Yeah he looked out of his depth tonight but in reponse to the last bit about being in "for a shock against the likes of City" lets not forget the lad had Balotelli in his pocket for 90 minutes in his debut against them last season. I'd hope and expect to see Jonno back on the right in Saturday mind.
      True but Mario's developed as a player since then

Not to the level he believes he's at but a substantial amount nonetheless
      True. Shocking that the FA upheld the young dive as a valid infringement and consequently, the appeal against the red card by QPR failed.

Pro man u FA
      Pro Man U FA, pro Man U news international, Anti-Scouse everyone

F***ing David Cameron talking about the Luis Suarez incident in the House of Commons as if he knows fuckall about football beyond the gentleman's rules he learnt at Eton between rowing class and tea on the lawn

Only cos he knows no-one in Liverpool, or any northern town he's written off as a lower-class wasteland will vote fot him anyway

On the FA, it's surprising that Man U get their backing so often considering Fergie's treatment of referees
      Commentators would have had a f**king feel day had we lost, any slight set back and they sharpen their teeth.
      I had a feel day once, didn't get anything done ;)
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #944: Apr 11, 2012 12:36:21 am
      The biggest positive was not the performance but the way the team fought back with ten men for over an hour until the end.

I think we have the least football intelligent team in the league, so many can learn from Maxi about movement and positioning.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,694 posts | 892 
      Reply #945: Apr 11, 2012 12:38:33 am
      It was a brilliant match to watch. Maxi has the tendency to be in the right spot, which is a skill and has nothing to do with luck. Skrtel had a solid game and looks like he could be captain material. He went to the ref everytime one of our guys got in a trouble. Glad our nr 9 got the winning goal but the player who stood out for me is Shelvey. Been really impressed with the lad, he is always aggressive, isnt afraid to go forward and take a shot at the goal.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #946: Apr 11, 2012 12:38:55 am
      Much needed 3 points this!!
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Reply #947: Apr 11, 2012 12:52:13 am
      I think these last few results, and even the defeats can be character building for our team, we have stuck together, we have suffered together, now we will celebrate together.

good things sometimes come out of bad, and to win with ten men is a great achievment, which can stand us in good stead in future.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #948: Apr 11, 2012 01:49:50 am
      Just watched the full match on LFC TV, impressed with the permissions of Carroll, Shelvey and more in particular Maxi. Why that guy doesn't play more i really don't know, he was everywhere tonight and rarely put a foot wrong. Will be interesting to see what team gets put out for the semi-final on Saturday.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #949: Apr 11, 2012 02:17:35 am
      Fantastic performance this evening. Maybe didn't go as smooth as we would like but everyan give 100% and that is all we can ask. Special mentions must be given to Skrtel, Hendo, Shelvey and Big Andy. Thought they put it in for the 90mins, with Hendo being my MOTM. Next up, Wembley. :D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #950: Apr 11, 2012 02:21:40 am
      Should I be worried that we finally won a game but without our 'star' players? :laugh:
      Always aways
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #951: Apr 11, 2012 03:22:00 am
                                                    "10 men and we took 3 points.10 men and we took 3 points!"

What a great feeling,seeing the grit that was put out on an away field tonight!A fill in keeper,Glen at LB,Hendo filling in at RB even.No Stevie,Luis,Pepe.And we get 3 points.Fan-f***ing-tastic.....then one reads thru a few posts and read people still moaning!Like WTF!!!Can't some of you so called supporters at least give some credit where its due?Would love to see what these same people do for a living and what type of shift they put in!!

Had to choose Andy as my motm.I know he missed a gift of a header,but he did give 100% for the whole 94 mins and got a just reward.Shelvey looked good too.

Wembley,here we come!                   again
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #952: Apr 11, 2012 06:22:55 am
       :aaliverpoolwz0: :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004: :clap: :kop5cf8koxp6:

3 points in the bag, 3 points in the bag, ..........

:clap: :clap: its seem such a long time that we get 3 points, hurrah, 3x

Now lets kill off the blueshit.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #953: Apr 11, 2012 07:50:53 am
      Anyone else tired and emotional this morning.
      I don't know about the club but I needed this win.
      :D
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #954: Apr 11, 2012 07:59:19 am
      Another debateable performance, far from convincing, but due to the 10 men.... good stuff.

Maxi scores most times he plays!! but no doubt will be dropped Saturday.

Hope the FA dont charge Skrtel
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #955: Apr 11, 2012 07:59:50 am
      What a great win, the lads showed such character with the events of the game.

Maxi does it again, just makes it more baffling why Kenny hasnt played him more this season. Again he proved he's one of the best finishers at the club. He got my MOM over Carroll who I thought was excellent. Kenny will manage Flanno after that performance and make sure it doesnt hinder is long term delevopment.

Im sure I've read somewhere our win percentages without Stevie are a lot better than when he starts. Bench Sunday anyone? ;)

Bring on the Blueshite!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #956: Apr 11, 2012 08:50:17 am
      What a great win, the lads showed such character with the events of the game.

I agree kelvo. That character has been in short supply of late so it's more than welcome; as too is the win. I'm happy for Maxi and Carroll but more importantly I'm buzzing that we won. The team won and as it's the team and not individuals is all that matters; why wouldn't I be happy?

To that end, I guess, there should be no complaints.

I'll take the same again on Saturday by the way.  :gt-happyup:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #957: Apr 11, 2012 09:25:05 am
       It was good to see the lads show some fight and come away with the 3 points,up to Doni getting sent off I had a feeling we were on our way to the highest score this season.It was good to see Andy Carroll get stuck in and I thought he had an excellent game.Regarding young Flanagan I am afraid his inexperience is showing through,he was lucky he was not given a red card.Without being hard on the lad I hope Kenny does not pick him to start at Wembley.All in all an excellent result after the heartache of the last few weeks.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #958: Apr 11, 2012 09:26:05 am
      Great physical effort from the lads last night, fully deserved our win for me. Bar one or two mistakes Blackburn never really looked like breaking us down.

I was at the Ewood yesterday and I thought our fans inspired the team to the victory, it must give you that extra bit of effort when you see the crowd bouncing.

My man of the match was Maxi, he was at the heart of everything good for the team and took his goals well one again. Although we looked very nervy at times the cool heads of Shelvey, Agger and Johnson were vital in our victory I thought. A special mention to Henderson for unbelievable effort in an unfamiliar position, fantastic effort put in from the first to the last whistle, and he went up massively in my estimations.

I know we keep saying it but on the whole I thought the referee was poor again, its getting to be too many times in a season now and its no longer just a coincidence, most of the time it just feels like blatant bias. Saying that I'm only just watching the game back so I might have been wrong. There was a moment in the second half when it looked like Shelvey got his face stood on to me, was there anything in that?

There is definitely no pleasing somebody and its dissapointing that the media has such an agenda against us. Listening to the radio on the way home it was basically still about how were underperforming and how Dalglish's interview went. Nothing about how Carroll got a massive winner for a team that played the majority of the game with ten men. They even got a cockney on who was saying Liverpool think they're back just because they won a game, pathetic.

Overall, a much needed 3 points and it will give the lads a lift just in time for the blie n white sh*te.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,632 posts | 6940 
      Reply #959: Apr 11, 2012 09:36:32 am
      There is definitely no pleasing somebody and its dissapointing that the media has such an agenda against us. Listening to the radio on the way home it was basically still about how were underperforming and how Dalglish's interview went.

Couldn't believe it myself mate.  Almost come to expect it these days though. 

What the media fail to realise is that post match interviews with Sky are for the general media gobshites and partisan football supporter.  Kenny cares little for either.  He does most of his talking through the club's TV channel and website - direct to LFC fans and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The media seem to forget that Fergie didn't even speak to the BBC for about 5 years.  I'd actually be in favour of Dalglish opting for the same strategy with Sky and sending Steve Clarke out.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,502 posts | 1495 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #960: Apr 11, 2012 09:56:37 am
      Only 10 men.

That is what effort can do for you.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #961: Apr 11, 2012 10:04:09 am
      I was working all day yesterday so missed the game but it feels great to be waking up after a win.

Maxi showed again that he does have an eye for a goal and great to see Carroll on the scoresheet and reading on here to the more sensible among us it appears he played well during the game.

I wouldn't have cared how we got a win last night as we just needed to break the bad run and good to see a fighting performance from the lads.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #962: Apr 11, 2012 10:38:54 am
      Anyone else tired and emotional this morning.
      I don't know about the club but I needed this win.
      :D
      Yes mate, and still pissed.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #963: Apr 11, 2012 10:53:22 am
      Don't know about anyone else but I definitely picked the wrong car park. Was on the one near the fox and hounds. Sure I only got out at about 11. Very silly shout from one of the lads at the side of me - "how can you be offside from a goal kick ref?"

Just another bit of a complaint about the referee, that Hanley lad literally fouled Carroll every single time the ball went anywhere near him in the air and was only spoken to and booked in the 89th minute, yet Flanagan does two fouls and all of a sudden he should have been sent off thats the kind of inconsistent sh*te decisions we have to endure. Plus I've just seen that Olsen lad stand on Shelveys face what was that all about??

Should be interesting saturday to see what team Kenny picks. Hard to leave Henderson or Shelvey out, Gerrard and Suarez will obviously come in. Johnson and Agger have to be definite starters for me. 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4993 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #964: Apr 11, 2012 11:10:58 am
      Great win last night with 10 men for over a hour, Maxi giving Kenny a headache for Saturday was my motm followed very closely by big Andy,thought he was boss putting himself about and putting a shift in,thoroughly deserved his winner,

there were a few 'brain fart' moments mainly down to inexperience,ie Doni & Flanno, felt so happy for Brad saving the pen, great moment for him, Shelvey did himself no harm,Hendo impressed and Glen @ LB was superb, Skrtle as captain showed great maturity and his 60yard pass was a worldy, didn't know he had it in him tbh,more of the same please Martin,

Bellers experience was instrumental and Agger coming on influential and provides an assist yet again,
      fantastic win from the lads especially with so many regulars missing, a huge confidence boost for Sat's semi against that 'Shitty we club' across the park, did anyone notice 'Bogeyes' on his spying mission?

Kenny;
      love the man,love his post-match interviews,especially on Sky, he knows what they are up to,he is very much aware how they try and try to trip him up, he knows what a bunch of Manc lovin,fergie's cock sucking wankers they are, he treats them with disdain for which they deserve for all their bullshit, Rafa was the same, he also knew what they are like, hence his piss taking of them,

Kenny and LFC know one another better than anyone at Sly or any other media outlet,what happens inside the club is no one else's business, for Sly to insist certain questions be answered is bang out of order,most other clubs will do their best to give media sources certain info that appeases them and that's fine, but at LFC it's different,we have alway's kept issues indoors,hopefully always will,and it is this that narks the journo's, it irritates the sh*t out of them because they have nothing to exploit, nothing to twist and turn into some sh*t storm that's detrimental to those they target,

F**k sky,F**k the other media tossers who continue to attack LFC, LFC exsists to appease the fans coming thru the turnstiles, not to appease some f***in no mark journo nor his/her editors so as they can knock us off our pedestal, personally i wouldn't let them Kunts anywhere near LFC until they learn to respect Kenny and they way this club is run.

In Kenny We Trust                  YNWA
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #965: Apr 11, 2012 11:16:28 am
      A rollercoaster would be the best way to describe that game.

Quick Reply