Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Players coach

Read 807 times
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 981 posts | 65 
      Players coach
      Apr 11, 2012 06:17:12 pm
      It struck me this season when going to watch the matches that the coach that the players come in on is now one of these ultra modern blacked out windows affairs with only a view of the driver.
      Fans like me try to get to anfield early enough to clap the coach in and catch a glimpse of a player or the manager but unless you are stood by the players entrance you can't see anyone at all.
      I remember when RAfa was in charge, he used to always sit on the front seat in clear view of everybody and smile and wave as the coach went by.
      I used to think that this was such a special thing to see especially for fans that don't go as often as they would want to or could afford. It was one of the reasons I thought Rafa was really connected with the fans and he really seemed to get what the club is all about.
      I just think its these small details that connects with fans and would love to see kenny at the front of the coach but it's probably some security or h&s reason that he isn't allowed to.
      Just wondered if anyone had noticed this and thought the same.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Re: Players coach
      Reply #1: Apr 11, 2012 06:22:17 pm
      Thought they've used the same coaches (Ellisons) for years?

Its probably more to do with the stick they'd get on the roads generally and not trying to be "private" when entering the stadium area.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 981 posts | 65 
      Re: Players coach
      Reply #2: Apr 11, 2012 06:30:36 pm
      Yes the coach has changed though , but see what you mean. Rafa must have jumped in the front when it got close to anfield .

Quick Reply