Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Luis Suarez
      108 (56.5%)
      Andy Carroll
      60 (31.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      3 (1.6%)
      Jay Spearing
      3 (1.6%)
      Glen Johnson
      1 (0.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      11 (5.8%)
      Someone else?
      5 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Liverpool 2-1 Everton: In-Game and Post Match Joy

Read 62753 times
      LFCexiled
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Everton: In-Game and Post Match Joy
      Reply #989: Apr 15, 2012 04:06:24 pm

Makes you realise how lucky we are mate, that our kids are healthy and have their best years ahead of them.

True, very poignant point today. Just watched the service and the montage of the 96 at the end had me as well.

Lucky we are.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #990: Apr 15, 2012 05:49:26 pm
      Special mention to Martin Skrtel.

Absolutely awesome yesterday and the last time we were at Wembley.

By a country mile our player of the season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #991: Apr 15, 2012 06:51:30 pm
      Special mention to Martin Skrtel.

Absolutely awesome yesterday and the last time we were at Wembley.

By a country mile our player of the season.
      His timing and power in his defensive headers must be the best in the prem by a mile he really attacks the ball.
      ~~Big big fan of his.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #992: Apr 15, 2012 09:03:40 pm

That picture says everything, brings it all into focus... What Brad has been through how he gets out of bed in a morning ill never know..

YNWA Brad..

Win this for Luca.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #993: Apr 15, 2012 09:14:53 pm
      That picture says everything, brings it all into focus... What Brad has been through how he gets out of bed in a morning ill never know..

YNWA Brad..

Win this for Luca.
      Spot on PD, the photo is going to be an iconic one for us, it puts life into perspective.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #994: Apr 15, 2012 11:00:10 pm
      I went to a British school, have degrees from Oxford, Cambridge and Trinity. I talk to British and American companies on a daily basis...but i just cant F***ing understand Jamie when he talks!!!!!!!

Us Bootle Scousers have our own lingo !!! ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #995: Apr 16, 2012 12:18:42 am
      Can't be atrsed going on about the match, we know what happened. But what a F***ing day, from leaving at 5am in F***ing darkness to turning up at Warwick services to see the place overran with reds and blues was brilliant. Got to Wembley at around 8.30am and immediately started tucking into a few cans as we walked down to Wembley Way.

Spent most of the morning outside the ground getting bevvied and the sight of those balls flying about were F***ing brilliant, reminded me of proper trips to Wembley in the 80s, the mounted wpc that got twatted with the ball was especially F***ing funny, watching the horse bolt all over the place, she didn't look happy though!!

Met up with a few Evertonians, round their end too, had a good laugh when getting all the usual sh*te about being from Norway, told them we parked the Long Boat just round the corner from the ground and just as one is giving us a full sermon on our support being full of wools, cue two Everton-supporting wools come up asking for spares!! Pure piss yourself laughing irony moment.

Had to break up an Evertonian and red squaring up to each other after they scored, to be fair to the blue he didn't do too much to incite it and then two reds trying to kick F**k out of each other in the toilets at half-time.

Gladly the celebrations coming out of the ground were F***ing brilliant, especially as we bounced down them stairwells, the usual standards being belted out as well as a couple of pisstakes "Ten more years" "Davie Moyes is a football genius" "Everton wives run for your lives" and the very funny "You should have stayed for the National"

Oh well bring on Wembley again!
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #996: Apr 16, 2012 12:37:30 am
      Can't be atrsed going on about the match, we know what happened. But what a f**king day, from leaving at 5am in f**king darkness to turning up at Warwick services to see the place overran with reds and blues was brilliant. Got to Wembley at around 8.30am and immediately started tucking into a few cans as we walked down to Wembley Way.

Spent most of the morning outside the ground getting bevvied and the sight of those balls flying about were f**king brilliant, reminded me of proper trips to Wembley in the 80s, the mounted wpc that got twatted with the ball was especially f**king funny, watching the horse bolt all over the place, she didn't look happy though!!

Met up with a few Evertonians, round their end too, had a good laugh when getting all the usual sh*te about being from Norway, told them we parked the Long Boat just round the corner from the ground and just as one is giving us a full sermon on our support being full of wools, cue two Everton-supporting wools come up asking for spares!! Pure piss yourself laughing irony moment.

Had to break up an Evertonian and red squaring up to each other after they scored, to be fair to the blue he didn't do too much to incite it and then two reds trying to kick f**k out of each other in the toilets at half-time.

Gladly the celebrations coming out of the ground were f**king brilliant, especially as we bounced down them stairwells, the usual standards being belted out as well as a couple of pisstakes "Ten more years" "Davie Moyes is a football genius" "Everton wives run for your lives" and the very funny "You should have stayed for the National"

Oh well bring on Wembley again!

Love hearing stories like that. Never got to experience Liverpool at Wembley when living in England so now that I've moved away I appreciate these stories being told.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #997: Apr 16, 2012 01:02:29 am
      Lots of envy readingf that HR, well played lad.

I am still buzzing with that result I watched at home with the whole family including those that werent even football fans and it was a boss night polished off a a case of Heineken through the night.  Back wo Anfield south to do Chelsea now!
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #998: Apr 16, 2012 08:03:41 am
      Would love to see Brad Jones on the bench for the final - deserves it now.

Not a vintage performance, but job done none the less, thought Carroll was awesome and Suarez and Carroll goals beat the bitters again!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #999: Apr 16, 2012 11:44:57 am
      Gladly the celebrations coming out of the ground were f**king brilliant, especially as we bounced down them stairwells, the usual standards being belted out as well as a couple of pisstakes "Ten more years" "Davie Moyes is a football genius" "Everton wives run for your lives" and the very funny "You should have stayed for the National"

Know what you mean coming out.

Literally felt like I was floating back down Wembley way after the game.

We ended up having a few more bevvies in The Torch after the game - waving the Everton fans home as they passed us on the coaches.  Must have waved about 50 of their coaches off.  'Cheerios' 'You should have gone to the National' '10 MOYES Years' '"The Chosen One" is a football genius' - all getting sung.

Couple of fellas had Kenny Dalglish masks on and they were doing the eye-rubbing at the bluenoses as well which had me in stitches.

Then it was on to Trafalgar Square and a few pints at a Dutch outdoor concert before a few more ales in Covent Garden.  Had a good crack with not just loads of reds there but a few decent blues as well.

The whole day, because of the opposition, felt like a final.  I'd be prepared to wager that even winning the FA Cup against Chelsea will struggle to be as enjoyable as that was for the red army.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1000: Apr 16, 2012 12:48:35 pm
      I'm almost in tears, and that doesn't happen too often.

So made up for Brad no one deserved this more than him.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #1001: Apr 16, 2012 09:28:21 pm
      The whole day, because of the opposition, felt like a final.  I'd be prepared to wager that even winning the FA Cup against Chelsea will struggle to be as enjoyable as that was for the red army.

I would have to agree, it was a special day
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1002: Apr 16, 2012 10:09:25 pm
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1003: Apr 16, 2012 10:15:02 pm
      I would have to agree, it was a special day

You quoted JD's post but it shows up there as Dadorious??
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1004: Apr 16, 2012 10:17:57 pm
      Love the end with YNWA sounding throughout the stadium as the bitters are coming in off the pitch...classic.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #1005: Apr 16, 2012 10:24:56 pm
      It's been a couple of days! And the drunken haze has now gone! So I will comment, my man of the match Mr Skrtel I cannot believe how much he has progressed under Kenny! Like a lot have said if we could keep him and Danny fit for the season we wouldn't be far of at the back!. Up front I really believe Carroll is coming too was about time I hear you all shout! Lucas?. Anyway optimistic for next year, it's a shame we are saying the same thing again! But I for one am very pleased we are in another final! . There are definite positives this year and negatives, but Kenny will learn from both! Like the man says its a work in progress!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1006: Apr 17, 2012 01:27:04 pm
      Is there any kind of record about how many times have we beaten Everton in a single season? It's been a hat-trick of Merseyside derby wins for Kenny's army in 2011-12, I would believe it doesn't happen very often.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #1007: Apr 17, 2012 01:31:06 pm
      Is there any kind of record about how many times have we beaten Everton in a single season? It's been a hat-trick of Merseyside derby wins for Kenny's army in 2011-12, I would believe it doesn't happen very often.
      Dunno, but if we beat Chelsea in the upcomming matches, im sure it will be a record.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #1008: Apr 17, 2012 01:36:07 pm
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merseyside_derby

23 Nov 1986

86–87 First Division

Goodison Park

0–0

30 Sep 1986

Super Cup Final 2nd leg

Goodison Park

1–4

Rush, Nicol

Sharp (pen.)

16 Sep 1986

Super Cup Final 1st leg

Anfield

3–1

Rush, McMahon

Sheedy

16 Aug 1986

1986 FA Charity Shield

Wembley

1–1

Rush

Heath

10 May 1986

85–86 FA Cup Final

Wembley

3–1

Rush, Johnston

Lineker

22 Feb 1986

85–86 First Division

Anfield

0–2

Ratcliffe, Lineker

QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #1009: Apr 17, 2012 08:29:55 pm

Massive WUM
      "Have you seen this today? Its a Ball. Here you go, you can touch it now"
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,220 posts | 2802 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1010: Apr 17, 2012 10:00:18 pm
      Hi edds can u blow up this pic,I cant do it thanks.....

That pic has done me. My God
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #1011: Apr 17, 2012 11:43:09 pm
      Agree Brian, me too.

Quick Reply