Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Luis Suarez
      108 (56.5%)
      Andy Carroll
      60 (31.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      3 (1.6%)
      Jay Spearing
      3 (1.6%)
      Glen Johnson
      1 (0.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      11 (5.8%)
      Someone else?
      5 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Liverpool 2-1 Everton: In-Game and Post Match Joy

Read 62792 times
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Everton: In-Game and Post Match Joy
      Reply #943: Apr 14, 2012 09:39:58 pm
      haha where the F**k is Fellaini looking at when Carroll's scores? ;D

Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #944: Apr 14, 2012 09:42:15 pm
      Just got back from London. I am shattered! So tired. Was drinking doubles jack Daniels and coke until about 10mins before kick off to calm the nerves. Time to give my honest outlook on the game:

F***ing BRILLIANT!!!

Thought Carroll was immense, not just due to the goal but his all round play. He was up against tough strong defenders and win every ball in the air. Distribution has come along do much as well. He was unlucky in a few chances but him and Suarez looked a real partnership today. Read somewhere that Brad was saying he has been staying behind at training to work on his finishing. If true, looks to be paying off. He was my MOTM today.

Jones was sound today. At times I felt a bit nervouse about him coming for the ball but he covered himself in glory. Their goal...I won't even talk about it cause it was horrible viewing and we all know what happened. People are criticising Carra today but I thought he had a decent game but for their goal. Still would have preferred Agger in the middle. In saying that, tactically, Agger at left back worked brilliantly. He didn't do the same style as Enrique does and that actually worked in his favour today. Skrtel was the boss man as usual. Johnson was okay.

Jay and Stevie where brilliant. Broke their play up and when one attacked, the other sat. Wee Jay is doing himself some justice. Downing was okay, without setting the world alight. Neville was showing him inside all the time and he wanted to go in the outside so, and I hate saying it, Neville handled Downing pretty well. Hendo had a great game. Think you have to realise, he is never going to go for a crunching tackle and while we as fans like players who do that, it isn't in his style. He isn't a winger but slotted in well today and helped cover Johno when he went forward.

Suarez was great! Looked full of confidence, especially after his goal. He kept trying the nut megs and, although they didn't always work, you had a feeling that if they did, he would be through on goal. I loved him for trying. Overall, he linked up well with Andy but still feel Carroll was MOTM.

Great day! I was on the go from 4am. Had to go via Manc as Lime Street was chocka. Didn't spoil it too much though as still had a great crowd. Before the game, I was in Cheers which, despite being small and having a limited amount of fans, had a great atmosphere and good prices. After the game, went to the Sports Bar, just out of Wembley Way, opposite the Total garage. Was buzzing! Sun was shining, people were in great form and no blue in sight. ;D

Only slight negative from the day was the trip home. I got the 6.10 train from Euston to Lime Street. A group of Blues where in the same carriage and one caught hold of my accent. He started calling me an 'Irish c**t' and told me to 'F**k off back to your own country'. This is while his wife and his mates, plus his kids, started laughing. Then started to get generally racist and shouting all sorts of stuff, despite his family at this point to be quiet. Won't gk jn to too much detail but he made comments about LFC which just highlighted his bitterness. After a few drinks, he then came to me and, in his own way, apologised to me and said 'but for the ale I would be able to say how sorry i am'.

Anyway, we are off to Wembley again. Well done Redmen and well done to the majority of fans from both clubs for the general good banter and no trouble.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #945: Apr 14, 2012 09:43:15 pm
      By the way, what time and what channel are the highlights on tonight? Just in Match of the Day or in ITV?
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #946: Apr 14, 2012 09:44:51 pm
      ^ There aren't any more, highlights were on ITV at 5:30pm, but no repeats
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #947: Apr 14, 2012 09:45:44 pm
      Not sure if this shows just the goals or highlights as well as I am on my iPod, but it's worth a shot.

http://www.footytube.com/video/liverpool-everton-apr14-113693?ref=hp_ozeit_mp
      Aggeraphobia
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #948: Apr 14, 2012 09:51:49 pm
      I would like to take this opportunity to say F**k YES

Who says big man little man can't work? Buzzing!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,502 posts | 1496 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #949: Apr 14, 2012 10:02:27 pm
      To all of us old fashioned supporters who believe players in Red shirts should not be slagged off and Kenny is now and always will be above approach its been a great day.What a week for big Andy two vital goals in the most important part of the game.
      Beating the blueshite will always be for me the best feeling can you imagine the sh*t we would have taken from the Country's press if they had beaten us.
      Second half we were class and have found out that hard work comes first .
      What a fantastic day.
      This.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #950: Apr 14, 2012 10:02:52 pm
      ^ There aren't any more, highlights were on ITV at 5:30pm, but no repeats

Cheers mate, would they be on ITVplayer? Didn't think the highlights would be on that early in the day.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #951: Apr 14, 2012 10:05:01 pm
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      Reply #952: Apr 14, 2012 10:05:14 pm
      Cheers mate, would they be on ITVplayer? Didn't think the highlights would be on that early in the day.

They're not, Ive looked for them but nothing well nothing on the iPod app anyway.
      Dundee Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 174 posts |
      Reply #953: Apr 14, 2012 10:07:12 pm
      Not read any of the previous posts as it would take a long time to read 32 pages worth but got to say what another massive win for us today in what's been a really really strange season.

Terrible in general in the league as is well documented but we've had more big games in the 2 cups this season than we have done for 6 to 10 years.

First 20 minutes of the second half today, we battered them. Suarez was mouthing off and moaning yet again the whole game but what a great finish and his running terrorised them particularly in the second half.

Delighted for the big man getting the winner again today. I have backed him all season (honestly) that it would come good for him and have been impressed with his general all round play since the Man United game in the FA cup, he just wasn't getting the goals as we all know. That's 2 MASSIVE late winners he's came up with in a week now after playing well and working really hard in both games. Hopefully a few more goals this season will boost his confidence and the goal drought waste of money pressure thing that's hounded him from the media/opposition fans and a section of our own fans will be a thing of the past.

Wembley 3 times in 1 season - 1 for every competition Man United have been knocked out this season :)

LFCexiled
      Reply #954: Apr 14, 2012 10:33:32 pm
      Only slight negative from the day was the trip home. I got the 6.10 train from Euston to Lime Street. A group of Blues where in the same carriage and one caught hold of my accent. He started calling me an 'Irish c**t' and told me to 'F**k off back to your own country'. This is while his wife and his mates, plus his kids, started laughing. Then started to get generally racist and shouting all sorts of stuff, despite his family at this point to be quiet. Won't gk jn to too much detail but he made comments about LFC which just highlighted his bitterness. After a few drinks, he then came to me and, in his own way, apologised to me and said 'but for the ale I would be able to say how sorry i am'.

Anyway, we are off to Wembley again. Well done Redmen and well done to the majority of fans from both clubs for the general good banter and no trouble.

Just accentuates the fact that you chose the right team mate, you're a Red. ;)
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #955: Apr 14, 2012 10:48:30 pm
      I went to a British school, have degrees from Oxford, Cambridge and Trinity. I talk to British and American companies on a daily basis...but i just cant F***ing understand Jamie when he talks!!!!!!!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #956: Apr 14, 2012 10:51:50 pm
      Must be just coming from the area but I've never struggled to understand him. Talks an amazing amount of sense too, agreed completely with his interview and he's widely known as one of the most knowledgable players around.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #957: Apr 14, 2012 10:53:09 pm
      I went to a British school, have degrees from Oxford, Cambridge and Trinity. I talk to British and American companies on a daily basis...but i just cant f**king understand Jamie when he talks!!!!!!!
      Jamie doesn't speak English he speaks SCOUSE.There is a difference.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #958: Apr 14, 2012 10:56:30 pm
      Jamie doesn't speak English he speaks SCOUSE.There is a difference.
      I know, but i never struggled to understand Scots, lads from Yorkshire, Aussies, etc. Just wanted to know if it was just me. Stevie is Scouse, right? No problem with him either, just Jamie!!!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #959: Apr 14, 2012 11:00:40 pm
      He is difficult to understand but I've improved in terms of catching what he says.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #960: Apr 14, 2012 11:58:47 pm

Yea me two thats why i threw it up there,cracking brought a tear to me eye when i seen it.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #961: Apr 15, 2012 12:15:02 am
      The whole brad jones thing for me, is more satisfying than the result. The guy deserves it more than anything in the world after what he's been through. So sad, but I'm so happy that he could play in such a big game in tribute to Luca. It's a memory he will treasure for the rest of his life, and will perhaps give him something positive to look back on when he thinks of his son.
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #962: Apr 15, 2012 01:21:06 am
      Has anyone Made any mention of the fact that Jelavic's goal was from an offside position? Some pundits already agreed to that.

O well, who cares.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      Reply #963: Apr 15, 2012 01:24:42 am
      Has anyone Made any mention of the fact that Jelavic's goal was from an offside position? Some pundits already agreed to that.

O well, who cares.

Yeah no point to dwell on it mate, in hindsight it should of been cleared, but who cares, we're through to the final!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,325 posts | 1524 
      Reply #964: Apr 15, 2012 01:29:03 am
      Late as it is, just had to come on and say what a terrifc result. Strangely enough, I was never really concerned when the bitters went ahead, I just felt like we would always go on and win it. Probably because apart from the first 10 mins, and the goal we gifted them, they never really looked a threat. I think the occasion got to them. I did say to a mate on Friday, who was eager to tell me Everton were the form team, they had peaked too early, Ha, how true did that turn out to be. Great to be in a final again, I've even got a realistic chance of tickets as well. YAAAAHOOOO!             Topsy Turvey season or what,
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #965: Apr 15, 2012 01:35:50 am

O well, who cares.

The stream I watched showed a replay and it looked to me (and to the commentary team) that he was level when the ball was played.

It was a close call whether he was on or off.

Quick Reply