Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man Of The Match Today?

Luis Suarez
      108 (56.5%)
      Andy Carroll
      60 (31.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      3 (1.6%)
      Jay Spearing
      3 (1.6%)
      Glen Johnson
      1 (0.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Martin Skrtel
      11 (5.8%)
      Someone else?
      5 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 187

Liverpool 2-1 Everton: In-Game and Post Match Joy

Read 62748 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Everton: In-Game and Post Match Joy
      Reply #966: Apr 15, 2012 01:40:56 am
      How you like me now!
      do do do
      How you like me now!
      do do do
      How you like me now!

Should be our new anthem.
      F**k the haters!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #967: Apr 15, 2012 02:06:09 am
      That was F***ing fun. Pulled an all nighter (game was on at 4:30am here) drank and played Halo and FIFA with some mates until gametime, then what a rollercoaster. Frustrating as hell at times, but not out of the ordinary for the derby. Big moments from the right people at the right time got us through, along with a good response in that second half.

Happy as F**k. Can't wait for the final!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #968: Apr 15, 2012 03:08:30 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Just asked if anyone can do a GIF on this in the Picture thread. Then I saw this post. Still if we can get a Gif of it, you won't get a better laugh for a long time.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Clueless b***ard.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #969: Apr 15, 2012 03:26:03 am
      There was singing in the streets of Liverpool,singing in the streets of London in fact there was singing all over the world after this result.But wait there's more,there was crying heard at Goodison Park.Now I think we should get rid of Kenny Dalglish,I mean he has only managed to take us to 2 Cup Finals this season,it's not good enough.
                                                                                                                  Well it did my old heart good to see the fight and determination shown by our RED LADS to get the result we were all craving for.Today is not the day for recriminations so I will not get into individual players performances as it is suffice  to say we got the result that mattered.

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #970: Apr 15, 2012 07:19:58 am
      In case anyone hasn't seen them, here are the highlights:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video?video=channels/339821/1642622&cc=5901
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Reply #971: Apr 15, 2012 08:37:27 am

Thanks Ad :)

Win this trophy lads, for little Luca.

Brad, I think you know how much proud your little son see you play and doing brilliant job in such an important game for the greatest club in the world. YNWA.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #972: Apr 15, 2012 08:55:44 am
      Isn't it great being a Red?  8)
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #973: Apr 15, 2012 08:58:11 am
      I voted Andy for MOTM. Luis was great but Andy's possesion at times was amazing. Some of his flick ons were phenomenal as well. I truly think this was possible his best game in red. During his run of good form he was doing well but not finding the net. Now he is bringing key goals to his great hold up play
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #974: Apr 15, 2012 11:37:13 am
      The important thing was we played as a team,and it seems for the big games we always play as a team.Why we cant do this week in and week out only the players know that. We are unbeateatable as a team when we play as a team.evidvence carling cup,champions league final under Rafa.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #975: Apr 15, 2012 11:41:57 am
      Has anyone Made any mention of the fact that Jelavic's goal was from an offside position? Some pundits already agreed to that.

O well, who cares.

I did and I would be crying it out loud if we hadn't won.

We've often seen decisions like that go against us. When an opponent is in that position, the decision goes against us and when we are in that situation, it also goes against us!!
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Reply #976: Apr 15, 2012 11:43:26 am
      Just woke up , mighty hangover, great day in town, watching the super pony winning us the semi, sweet day
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #977: Apr 15, 2012 12:02:04 pm
      I did and I would be crying it out loud if we hadn't won.

We've often seen decisions like that go against us. When an opponent is in that position, the decision goes against us and when we are in that situation, it also goes against us!!

It was so marginal, anyone who had a go at an official missing that, ask yourself, would you have 'seen' it?

I asked at the time, but it was a good 5 minutes before we got it confirmed by a replay.

Instead of laying the blame on the officials, lay it where it deserves this time, Carragher and Agger being too polite.

"After you, old man." "No after you, young sir."
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #978: Apr 15, 2012 12:04:42 pm
      How does Brad Jones always keep his hair looking so good?!

You're Jordan Henderson and I claim my prize.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #979: Apr 15, 2012 12:06:13 pm
      Calm down peeps, there's still 45 minutes to play, we can only be better than the first 45 surely ?
      Nice to see there were some who still believed ,when all around are losing their heads springs to mind at this point in the thread.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #980: Apr 15, 2012 12:16:58 pm
      There was singing in the streets of Liverpool,singing in the streets of London in fact there was singing all over the world after this result.But wait there's more,there was crying heard at Goodison Park.Now I think we should get rid of Kenny Dalglish,I mean he has only managed to take us to 2 Cup Finals this season,it's not good enough.
                                                                                                                  Well it did my old heart good to see the fight and determination shown by our RED LADS to get the result we were all craving for.Today is not the day for recriminations so I will not get into individual players performances as it is suffice  to say we got the result that mattered.

Billy. Youll enjoy the references to the previous games Henry Winter refers to.  ;D

A good press article. A journo that is always fair .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9205147/Andy-Carroll-kept-Liverpool-on-the-road-to-Cup-glory-but-he-has-a-long-way-to-travel-before-he-is-the-finished-article.html

Henry Winter

11:00PM BST 14 Apr 2012

Comments14 Comments

What A Redemption Day: From Catcalls To Curtain Calls.

If Suárez impressed with his refined touch, relentless running and elegantly taken goal, Carroll’s contribution beneath the FA’s vaulting arch was largely disappointing, particularly when it came to finishing until late on.

Suárez’s talent has always been celebrated; the technically accomplished Uruguayan could arguably have graced some of Liverpool’s great teams. Carroll’s place in the Anfield firmament has been questioned, even his future.

Until the 87th minute at Wembley yesterday. With one header Carroll turned his reputation on its head. With one bound he was free.

Suddenly all the crowing over his £35 million fee was silenced. Suddenly all the unflattering comparisons with that £5.5 million poacher, Nikica Jelavic, who had given Everton a first-half lead, were placed on hold.

“That goal alone was worth £35  million,’’ said Jamie Carragher.

He who laughs last, laughs loudest.

Somewhere in France, Liverpool’s sacked director of football Damien Comolli will be permitting himself a quiet smile. When it became clear that Fernando Torres was intent on moving to Chelsea in late January 2011, Comolli informed Kenny Dalglish that he could get Carroll from Newcastle. They would have to move quickly. They did.

Dalglish has always spoken admiringly of how Comolli accelerated the deal through as the clock ticked down to the transfer deadline. The main noise since has been critics cackling at Carroll’s moments of profligacy. Dalglish has always kept the faith, looking to pair Carroll with the £22 million Suárez.

Fielding Liverpool’s two most expensive signings hardly seemed the most difficult of decisions but the blend has not always seemed right. It is as if two styles were being interwoven; Suárez likes those little passes teased in behind defences. Carroll prefers to hold the ball up. It’s different speeds and the gears can grind.

One of the occasions that Liverpool have functioned best during Dalglish’s second spell in charge came at Craven Cottage last season with Suárez up front on his own, and a five-man midfield supporting him and protecting the back four. Liverpool were irresistible. But Dalglish has always been determined to pair his No 7 and No 9. In fairness to Carroll, he is always on the move, always showing for the ball, but his finishing has been average and this was only his eighth goal in 42 appearances this season.

Yet the past few days have brought hugely significant goals. Carroll headed a fine one at Blackburn on Tuesday, climbing from the floor to meet the ball, bringing Liverpool victory, preventing Dalglish from enduring more criticism. Yesterday’s prevented extra-time and probably a further chorus of disapproval aimed at Dalglish.

For those older Liverpool fans, yesterday’s events will carry distinct echoes of the past.

At the 1986 FA Cup final at Wembley, Everton took a first-half lead (through Gary Lineker) but a No 9 helped orchestrate a second-half comeback, although few would be foolish enough to compare the great Ian Rush with the raw Carroll.

Rush, watching from the jewellery-rattling seats yesterday, would have snaffled up rather scuffed some of the chances Carroll wasted before his moment of nirvana.

For Liverpool supporters with even longer memories, Everton led their 1971 Old Trafford FA Cup semi-final at the interval (through Alan Ball) but Liverpool hit back to win 2-1 (through Alun Evans and Brian Hall).

Yesterday proved an enjoyable stroll down memory lane for those who view life through red-tinted glasses.   ( Ed: OH YES !)

Neutrals would have seen a semi-final of average technical quality, scarred by some defensive mistakes, and the unarguable reality that Carroll still has a lot of developing to do to reach Suárez’s level of persistent influence, let alone Rush’s. Carroll, and those around him, must guard against the striker feeling that one game of heads and ponytails means he has arrived. In travelling terms along the road to Wembley, Carroll is still on the M1, stopped off at Watford Gap, with some way to go. The journey is far from complete.

Carroll must go back through the tape of this semi-final, looking and learning, perhaps inviting Rush to sit in with him, teaching him how to make his runs better, how to develop his penalty-box craft more.

He remains heavily reliant on his left foot, constantly losing vital split-seconds by transferring the ball on to preferred foot. Sometimes it works well, Carroll turning deftly in the Everton area and rolling the ball back to Jay Spearing who should have given Liverpool an early lead.

For long periods there was little to suggest that Carroll could be the answer to Liverpool’s problems. A spin through the game’s first-half timeline confirmed that. Incident after incident revealed an indifferent touch. After nine minutes, Carroll embarked on a run but lost control. Then Marouane Fellaini nicked the ball off a hesitant Carroll.

Carroll’s supporters have long argued that he needs service, that if wingers get the ball in the right areas then this tall target-man can inflict Duncan Ferguson-type damage on defences. Yet when Stewart Downing delivered a magnificent cross two minutes into the second half, Carroll headed wide, horribly so. Carroll attempted to hide his embarrassment by pulling his shirt over his head.

Carroll does not give in easily and that is one reason why Dalglish regards him highly. In attempting to make amends, Carroll increased his work-rate, even tracking back with Fellaini but fouling him.

Nothing seemed to be going right for the 23 year-old but he never stopped working, never stopped seeking out team-mates and he was involved in Liverpool’s equaliser just after the hour. He headed the ball wide to Suárez, setting the scene for Sylvain Distin’s defensive meltdown and Suárez’s expert finish.

After the clinical from Suárez, Carroll’s attempts to find the net briefly bordered on the comical. He twice shot wide. He seemed almost intent on producing a spectacular hit to make up for the misses.

Fortune favours the determined. Carroll never hid and with three minutes remaining, he was presented with a superb chance.

It came from the accurate figure of Craig Bellamy, who lifted a free kick into the box and Carroll made his move, outjumping his marker Fellaini, who reacted poorly, rooted to the spot, a statue next to the determined, mobile Liverpool No 9.

The angle of Carroll’s flicked header gave Tim Howard no chance.
      The timing gave Everton little chance of recovery.

Soon it was all over, the whistle blown, the clouds dispersed over Carroll.

But he must view this as a start of his voyage towards becoming a good all-round centre-forward, not an end. He remains a work in progress.

If he continues working, Carroll can become a force for Liverpool – and England.

That ll do for me.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #981: Apr 15, 2012 12:26:02 pm
      Well worth the hangover,I am as rough as a bears arse,but well worth it great day out great second half great team spirit,I think a curer and watch the service on LFC tv,....Hope yous are all dying with hang overs :P
      LFCexiled
      Reply #982: Apr 15, 2012 12:31:52 pm
      Well worth the hangover,I am as rough as a bears arse,but well worth it great day out great second half great team spirit,I think a curer and watch the service on LFC tv,....Hope yous are all dying with hang overs :P

I'm in the same boat, rough as a bears arse also. I'm not sure about the curer though, it'd send me straight back to pissed-dom.

Hic.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #983: Apr 15, 2012 01:48:38 pm
      I've got every game of this FA Cup on my membership card so hopefully I will get a ticket to the final :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #984: Apr 15, 2012 01:48:56 pm

Can't look at that and read the text without filling up, very emotional stuff.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #985: Apr 15, 2012 01:51:07 pm

Aye, done me in last night so it did.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #986: Apr 15, 2012 01:52:58 pm
      Aye, done me in last night so it did.

Makes you realise how lucky we are mate, that our kids are healthy and have their best years ahead of them.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6940 
      Reply #987: Apr 15, 2012 02:05:18 pm
      Just got back from London.  Very tired after an absolutely brilliant day out.  One of the best ever. 

Well in reds.

"TEN MOYES YEARS!"
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #988: Apr 15, 2012 03:24:34 pm

He looses his son, and shortly after, following 2 red cards for the no1 and no2 keeper (like, really, what are the chances) he gets to play, and win, an FA cup semi final at Wembley. What are the chances?! Delighted for him to have something to celebrate after such a tough time.

Maybe there really is someone, or something, up there...

Quick Reply