Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 9th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D1 L0

Liverpool v West Brom - 22/4/12 KO 16:00 - pre match thread

Read 11124 times
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Re: Liverpool v West Brom Sun 22nd April KO 16:00 - All Build Up Here!
      Reply #69: Apr 21, 2012 05:35:46 pm
      So he effectively blamed Torres for us not playing well?
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #70: Apr 21, 2012 06:01:59 pm
                          Reina
      Johnson Agger Skrtel  Enrique
      Kuyt   Gerrard Spearing  Bellamy
              Andy Suarez

surely Bellers needs a start?
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #71: Apr 21, 2012 06:24:38 pm
      So he effectively blamed Torres for us not playing well?

It looks to me like he's blaming a few things with Torres being the main reason, but he won't accept any of the blame himself.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #72: Apr 21, 2012 06:25:59 pm
      It looks to me like he's blaming a few things with Torres being the main reason, but he won't accept any of the blame himself.

Agger not being fit was hilarious, thought he wanted to get shut of him?

And Stevie has been out plenty this season, Woy seems to suggest he's been a fully fit regular for Kenny, on top form!
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #73: Apr 21, 2012 06:56:16 pm
      I cannot believe he said this, "Or, if Stevie Gerrard was fit all the time, or [Daniel] Agger".

Daniel Agger? You didn't even play him when he was fully fit you stupid little owl.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #74: Apr 21, 2012 07:34:30 pm
      Maxi has been included the last few games so hope to see him involved again this weekend.

He is a real asset to have in terms of his link up play, and always a goal threat. Positioning is brilliant.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #75: Apr 21, 2012 08:45:43 pm
      No pissing about with this bunch lads, a straight 3-0 win for the Reds !
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #76: Apr 21, 2012 09:22:45 pm
      Think we should give RH a nice warm welcome , a nice round of applause , then kick his teams arse and at the final whistle everybody should rub their faces.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #77: Apr 21, 2012 09:50:41 pm
      Yeah would be dissapointed if he gets booed and sh*t.

Not our style unless really, really required.

We've moved on and so has he.

Not even going to guess on the score or the team, I'm just hoping we win.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #78: Apr 22, 2012 12:43:21 am
      Let's wind back to his appointment.He was the "puppet",appointment by our dis-credited ownership,fronted by Christian Purslime.Rafa was the target,he was tha patsy with unreal ambition.Those decisions have set this club back a decade.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #79: Apr 22, 2012 01:06:18 am
      Must win match as a loss will only add fuel to the fire in terms of league position.

We should win this one 3-1.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #80: Apr 22, 2012 01:44:34 am
      Really wonder what Roy is thinking ..

Gerrard hasn't been fully fit all season this season so there's no comparison there.
      He didn't want to play Daniel Agger at all when he was here. What's he talking about?

Always like putting the blame on others and not because of his lack of managerial capabilities ..

Anyways, 3-0 win at least, please. No need to boo him or anything. Just beat them.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #81: Apr 22, 2012 01:47:10 am

Re: Pre Match Chat
      « Reply #23 on: April 18, 2012, 03:12:49 PM »
      I dont know why and fortunately i am normally wrong but got a bad feeling about this game.

I dont think Liverpool are particulary great at all and we should be looking to take points but them getting to the final will mean the ground is buzzing, Roys return they may look to turn it on and also every time i see them playing on MOTD / Sky they seem to have a million chances a game (okay exaggeration) and hit the post loads, goalies have a blinder, kicked off the line and i just think at some point they are going to turn into goals and some team is going to get battered possibly a 5 or 6  er and i have a nasty feeling will be us.

As my previous posts show i am normally optimistic so probably none of the above will happen!

From the Baggies Forum.
      Theres a load of crap ones on there but hey Ive posted a Baggie knee trembling one.

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=3a81de6e3082c3adf4729f6e02e1796c&topic=7308.0
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #82: Apr 22, 2012 08:27:49 am

I dont know why and fortunately i am normally wrong but got a bad feeling about this game.

I dont think Liverpool are particulary great at all and we should be looking to take points but them getting to the final will mean the ground is buzzing, Roys return they may look to turn it on and also every time i see them playing on MOTD / Sky they seem to have a million chances a game (okay exaggeration) and hit the post loads, goalies have a blinder, kicked off the line and i just think at some point they are going to turn into goals and some team is going to get battered possibly a 5 or 6  er and i have a nasty feeling will be us.

As my previous posts show i am normally optimistic so probably none of the above will happen!

From the Baggies Forum.
      Theres a load of crap ones on there but hey Ive posted a Baggie knee trembling one.

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=3a81de6e3082c3adf4729f6e02e1796c&topic=7308.0

Is it just me or can't they spell. They seem to love us ;).
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #83: Apr 22, 2012 09:12:15 am

From the Baggies Forum.

I didn't read the footnote and actually thought this was written by one of our fans ! :-[
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #84: Apr 22, 2012 09:37:30 am
      To my mind our only potential enemy in this one is lack of effort although the Hodgson factor should rule that out. I think they'll, without a doubt, try to pack the middle and park the bus. The key for me will be a fast, furious, start and constant early bombardment, giving them no time to settle.

To this end I can see big Andy having a major role to play in winning balls for knock-downs to others who'll, hopefully, be buzzing in and around him. I've been wrong with my gut feelings so often this season that I'm reticent to say it but... I think Stevie will fill his boots today.

C'mon the Reds.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #85: Apr 22, 2012 10:24:36 am
      Don't see why he should receive any type of reaction from the fans, yes he was a former manager but he never did F**k all for us, gave us Poulsen and Konchesky, did sh*t and then did one. How does that deserve a 'round of applause'? We should be focused on getting 3 points and building up some form.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,559 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #86: Apr 22, 2012 10:32:36 am
      Don't see why he should receive any type of reaction from the fans, yes he was a former manager but he never did F**k all for us, gave us Poulsen and Konchesky, did sh*t and then did one. How does that deserve a 'round of applause'?

Because he was our manager.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #87: Apr 22, 2012 10:42:34 am
      yes as much as we all hate that period in our lives he was liverpool manager and as liverpool supporters we should show him some respect before destroying his lot on field. yes we have bad memories of konchesky and poulsen and jovanovic but look how quickly the king has moved us on. no time to be bitter. we should never show bitterness.

that post above taken from the west brom forum is what other fans fear every week and i do hope this is finally the game where we keep a clean sheet and hit 5 or 6 past them but i think it will be 3 nil.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,987 posts | 5046 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #88: Apr 22, 2012 10:56:23 am
      Polite applause will suffice prior to three points for RH. LFC fans are known around the world for their knowledge of football and respect for the opposition. He was presented with the chance of managing the worlds greatest club; who wouldn't turn that offer down in the position of someone like RH? The fact he wasn't good enough by a long way was the mistake of the previous board not him. Lets' not reduce ourselves to the level of the way some fans are like Man Ure, Chelski, The Gooners or Spurs. Rise above all that b$llocks and get behind the team.

Well said mate, this is exactly how we should behave, booing or shouting abuse is not our thing historically, Roy is a decent fella and should be respected, he was clearly out of his depth here and never really had our backing from the get go, some of his comments were silly and he was tactically inept, but none of those failings are an excuse to beat him with,a generous applause will be ideal and then set about battering his pretenders convincingly, he will remember his time as manager of LFC, but he'll remember more the battering his team will get from his former charges.

IKWT         In Roy We Didn't         YNWA
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,559 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #89: Apr 22, 2012 11:02:23 am
      don't get caught into stupid media hype ffs.

It's got nothing to do with media hype, but how we are going to react to a past manager coming back.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #90: Apr 22, 2012 11:04:10 am
      Well said mate, this is exactly how we should behave, booing or shouting abuse is not our thing historically, Roy is a decent fella and should be respected, he was clearly out of his depth here and never really had our backing from the get go, some of his comments were silly and he was tactically inept, but none of those failings are an excuse to beat him with,a generous applause will be ideal and then set about battering his pretenders convincingly, he will remember his time as manager of LFC, but he'll remember more the battering his team will get from his former charges.

IKWT         In Roy We Didn't         YNWA

Thats a very fair comment.

He was the wrong man, in the wrong place, at the wrong time and didn't help himself.

We are a special club and unfortunately he was not a special manager.

I was as gobsmacked the day Woy  was appointed ....as I was when heard that we had signed Robbie Keane (!) for 19 mill.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #91: Apr 22, 2012 11:33:11 am
      I wouldn't say boo him but I wouldn't clap him either, all he deserves is to be cast a cursory glance and then ignored until the final whistle and then laughed at in the pub afterwards with various references to his speech impediment and chin rubbing.

I know it's not his fault he got hired but it's his fault he signed sh*te, got the tactics wrong, insulted the fans and then walked away with the financial equivalent of signing poulsen.

I'd just blank the old owly faced b***ard.

Quick Reply