Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

"God Smiled On Me Today"

Read 2380 times
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      "God Smiled On Me Today"
      Sep 25, 2007 05:22:51 pm
      Won the Lottery? Grabbed a bargain? The Missus cooked a Roast Dinner, without asking you "how many slices of Gravy would you like"?
      Then if god has smiled on you today, share your good fortune with yer Mates in this Thread.

My experience is a couple of days old now. Having been moved By my "Nostalgia" Replies last week, I was thinking about how I miss my old Records. Like most, when C bloody D's came on the scene. I ditched all my Vinyl for the silver disc, only to regret it virtually every day since. Deciding to do something about it, I logged onto E Bay in the search of all my old favourites. Straightaway I hit Gold, there was a guy in Blackburn selling over a hundred various LP'S, 18" singles and 45's. He gave a detailed description of the vinyl for sale (loads of crackers) along with a Denon Turntable, that he would throw in the sale. Not wanting to miss out on this vinyl goldmine. I quickly got in touch and offered a very optimistic £50 in the hope that he might be tempted, alas there was nothing doing, he was going to wait for the auction to end, and hopefully get a much bigger price. I was gutted, how much was I going to have to spend to claw back a bit of my youth?? The auction ended at 12.20pm on Saturday. I got home from work at 12.05pm and eagerly switched on the p.c. to find that it still had only one bid....................9 9p. Even though the price was so low, I was convinced that the one bidder had put in a huge amount, and as there was no starting price, E Bay had bid the most maximum to secure his bid..........99p on his behalf.................. .............. I hovered over the Keyboard like a Praying Mantis on speed, stopwatch at the ready, my sweaty finger ready to confirm my bid of £50. In the hope that this one bidder would not have time to re bid and snipe me if I beat him............tick, tick, tick, with 5 seconds to go I sent my bid into Cyber Space, cursing that I should have put a bigger bid in............after what seemed like an eternity the screen flashed back on, I had been successful and I had won the item for..................... ........................ .£5.50 What a result. I spent a tenner on petrol going to Blackburn to pick them up, but I haven't stopped smiling since. You should have seen his face when I handed over my £5.50 and sped off with over a hundred pieces of vinyl and a record deck to boot. Also although really pleased with 99% of my purchase, their are a couple of classics. For example KLF's White room which I already have on CD. So I logged back on to E bay and found the said Album for sale at £22.00. So I'm going to lash it back on for sale, and make myself a few bob into the bargain. Thankyou God for smiling on me today....

P.S. I would like to share my good fortune, and maybe others will also. So maybe a Moderator could put a link in this thread whereupon we can gain instant access to the PayPal account were we can submit funds to our beloved LFCREDS.COM and share are wealth. I will certainly be making another contribution, just as soon as my unwanted KLF Album makes another journey through Cyber Space ;D ;D ;D ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: "God Smiled On Me Today"
      Reply #1: Sep 25, 2007 05:39:59 pm
      Well done Messiah, I love getting bargains like that on Ebay, I know what you mean about waiting for the last seconds to bid !!  i always do that and 9 times out of 10 you get your bargain  ;)  :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Sep 25, 2007 05:43:14 pm
      Well in The Messiah!!!!!  :) Chuffed for you mate. I can understand where you're coming from about the old vinyl thing. There's been loads of old records I've either lost or had pinched at parties in the past. So ebay has come to my rescue on a few occasions and it's certainly a great feeling getting an oldie back!! Can't say I've ever been as jammy as you though - £5.50! Daylight robbery! ;D

How much you putting KLF up for?.... ;)

Here's the link you were talking about The Messiah:
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,2276.0.html
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia
      • Started Topic

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Reply #3: Sep 25, 2007 06:59:21 pm
      How much you putting KLF up for?....

If I can get £20.00 like the one on sale at the moment, I will be a very happy chappy ;) ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Sep 26, 2007 12:17:22 am
      How much you putting KLF up for?....

If I can get £20.00 like the one on sale at the moment, I will be a very happy chappy ;) ;)

Fair enough Del Boy  ;)

Quick Reply