Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Thank you, Everton supporters

Read 1706 times
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Thank you, Everton supporters
      Apr 15, 2012 10:04:37 pm
      It's been mentioned a few times across the forum, but I think we should highlight this thread to let the Everton supporters know how much we appreciate their continued support on this sad anniversary in Liverpool's history. They graciously respected the silence before the match yesterday. Some showed anti-Sun signs and JFT96 signs as well.

I am not lucky enough to live in Liverpool. I understand the rivalry and the burning desire to beat the Blues (and vice versa). But it is also heartwarming to see the respect shown by the neighbors across town.

Thank you. YNWA
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Thank you, Everton supporters
      Reply #1: Apr 15, 2012 11:09:42 pm
      Thank you, Evertonians!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #2: Apr 15, 2012 11:20:38 pm
      Is correct, bitter rivalry is put aside and this very honourable gesture by the Everton supporters highlights the despicable conduct of the Chelsea scum.
      Thank you Evertonians.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #3: Apr 15, 2012 11:30:52 pm
      Yesterday was one of the most impeccably observed minute's silence I've heard.

Thank you EFC.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #4: Apr 15, 2012 11:41:17 pm
      Yesterday was one of the most impeccably observed minute's silence I've heard.

Thank you EFC.

Amen.

Well said.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #5: Apr 15, 2012 11:52:08 pm
      They were fantastic. As much as I have been brought up to dislike them, I can't help but have enormous respect for them as a club and their supporters.

YNWA.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #6: Apr 16, 2012 12:59:41 pm
      My brother, sadly a bitter, slates Us every chance he gets, calling us all kinds of scum ect, but to his credit, he's always honoured this date and he himself was lighting facebook and twitter up yesterday about the chav fans, and he still boycots the s*n as do all our family, a big mix of blues and reds.
      On another note I have a friend who a blue, and doesnt see anything wrong with buying the s*n, but i think he only  does it to wind reds up, which is pathetic really.On the most part all blues I know treat it with the respect it deserves, so I'd like to thank you Evertonians aswell. JF96
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #7: Apr 16, 2012 01:28:18 pm
      It's been mentioned a few times across the forum, but I think we should highlight this thread to let the Everton supporters know how much we appreciate their continued support on this sad anniversary in Liverpool's history. They graciously respected the silence before the match yesterday. Some showed anti-Sun signs and JFT96 signs as well.

I am not lucky enough to live in Liverpool. I understand the rivalry and the burning desire to beat the Blues (and vice versa). But it is also heartwarming to see the respect shown by the neighbors across town.

Thank you. YNWA

Is what the Merseyside derby is really about, most of them do know the score.

Was stood amongst them in there end for a good half an hour and had nothing said to me, don't believe the sh*te about the derby being like any other, it's not, it's still a special atmosphere.

Quick Reply