Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Four players from Nacional's academy to get trial

Read 4368 times
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Re: Four players from Nacional's academy to get trial
      Reply #23: Apr 28, 2012 04:39:05 pm
      This was part of the Coates deal right? I think something like this is a great move (well done Comolli?). Uruguay is producing some great talent lately.
      Lately? I agree our National team has been on the low since 1995, but we never stopped producing world class talent. The problem was just that our players failed to deliver on the national team (pretty much what the Argies are going trough now)
      Francescoli, Recoba, Hugo de Leon, Ruben Paz, Antonio Alzamendi, Daniel Fonseca, Ruben Sosa, Paolo Montero, Nelson Gutierrez,Carlos Aguilera...come on, mate!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #24: Apr 28, 2012 04:43:34 pm
      Lately? I agree our National team has been on the low since 1995, but we never stopped producing world class talent. The problem was just that our players failed to deliver on the national team (pretty much what the Argies are going trough now)
      Francescoli, Recoba, Hugo de Leon, Ruben Paz, Antonio Alzamendi, Daniel Fonseca, Ruben Sosa, Paolo Montero, Nelson Gutierrez,Carlos Aguilera...come on, mate!

Nothing personal! ;D Yeah 2010 was a surprise given the NT's recent history. Although your side in the 30s pretty much set the standard for international football.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #25: Apr 28, 2012 05:29:08 pm
      Nothing personal! ;D Yeah 2010 was a surprise given the NT's recent history. Although your side in the 30s pretty much set the standard for international football.
      No offence taken :)
      Im actually pissed with most of those players. In 1990 WC, i was SURE we would bring the cup home. We had arguably the best team in the WC. We toured the world and beat everyone in their soild (including England@Wembley and Germany ) but failed miserably when it mattered. THAT 1990 uruguayan NT was the best Uruguay I ever saw.

Back to topic, i saw some of the lads from Nacional play, but they are too young to make any comments on their skill.

Quick Reply