Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Is Mourinho a product of financial doping and favourable climate.

Read 31168 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: Is Mourinho a product of financial doping and favourable climate.
      Reply #161: Apr 28, 2012 12:50:49 pm
      So he's damned when he vastly over- achieves at Porto, damned when he spends at Chelsea, damned when he ducks and dives at Inter and damned for what was done the year before he got to Madrid - you'd only be happy if he won the CL with Everton with Kenwright as his chairman

He's not damned for Porto it just doesn't make him great, as it has been done before. Not damned for Madrid greatly over praised for Perezs desire. Inter Milan was the only thing that people really focus on.I am merely pointing out in his first year he didn't go close to the CL (much like Mancini) in the second year he brought in 5 players ..Sneider was moved out because Ronaldo and Kaka were brought in by the way. Eto. Lucio..brazils captain who was not on the way out but at 30 was not a long term investment. Milito a proven scorer in the Serie A and Motta in 1 window. I don't know any coach who is given this kind of support. HOw do we judge him?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #162: Apr 28, 2012 12:56:08 pm
      Like him or loathe hes no product of financial doping or favourable climate

Brian can I ask, and you know I'm not having a go here mate, but what the F**k is Financial doping and or favourable climate? (Haven't got a clue 'ere)

Must of been a meeting I missed recently!! And when did talking about footie become so F***ing head-scratching?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #163: Apr 28, 2012 01:21:55 pm
      Brian I agree with what you say a lot of the time but Chelsea 2005-06

Cech, Cudicini, Del horno, Bridge, Terry, Carvalho, Bridge, Geremi, Glen Johnson, Makele, Maniche, Gallas, Diarra, Ferreira, Lampard, Duff, Joe Cole, Drogba, Crespo, Gdjohnson, Robben... Carlton Cole   not bad

He bought Carvalho & Drogba and ashley cole and Essien. Plus he got that extra needed out of other players. Ask why did he succeed where Vialli and Ranieri failed
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #164: Apr 28, 2012 01:31:41 pm
      He bought Carvalho & Drogba and ashley cole and Essien. Plus he got that extra needed out of other players. Ask why did he succeed where Vialli and Ranieri failed

Roman's millions. :D

A similar reason as to why Mancini may win a title this season.

Which would have probably been wrapped up now if Tevez had not gone on strike.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #165: Apr 28, 2012 03:03:46 pm
      Roman's millions. :D

A similar reason as to why Mancini may win a title this season.

Which would have probably been wrapped up now if Tevez had not gone on strike.

Millions were there but he could have signed say Cisse instead of Drogba or he could have spent millions on a big name midfielder instead of sticking with Lampard who done a job for him and so on. Money helps but it aint the be all and end all
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #166: Apr 28, 2012 03:07:53 pm
      Millions were there but he could have signed say Cisse instead of Drogba or he could have spent millions on a big name midfielder instead of sticking with Lampard who done a job for him and so on. Money helps but it aint the be all and end all

No its not mate and you're right it does help but there has to be something extra, but as Man City have shown if you throw enough money at a problem it can be over come.

I don't class Mancini as a great manager, but he may win the league this year, if he does I expect him to get another year, more money and they will do better in Europe in next season and probably win the league at a canter.

Quick Reply