Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Nearly there...

Read 2886 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,493 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Nearly there...
      Apr 23, 2012 08:27:30 am
      Found this interesting.

Not far off the right blend

"...when the peripheral details aren’t quite right, they’re relatively easy to address. You don’t have to re-establish the whole thing from the ground up."

Fact is, when half those shots start going in, we're not just beating teams, we're hammering them.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Re: Nearly there...
      Reply #1: Apr 23, 2012 08:32:29 am
      Absolutely agree with that Rush.

We are playing good football and creating lots of chances. When we find couple of finishers next season, we will then start scoring 2/3 goals per game.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2: Apr 23, 2012 10:50:31 am
      We do however seem to be uncreative with the ball.

The chances we've got aren't exactly clear cut and the clear cut ones, we don't finish them off.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3: Apr 23, 2012 10:57:54 am
      We still need a 4 or 5 players in the summer to becoming contenders.
      We will probably lose a similar amount but we must ensure that quality attacking players arrive this summer.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #4: Apr 23, 2012 10:59:57 am
      We need a few tweaks and additions, not a massive overhaul.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5: Apr 23, 2012 11:03:29 am
      We will probably lose a similar amount but we must ensure that quality attacking players arrive this summer.

Facht.

Jelly Boy at Everton who arrived in January is now their leading scorer.

.......but like Comolli said ...there was no one about !

The Toons position on January 1st to now in a CL place ........... is down to their strikers getting them there.

We need four strikers to rotate.

Our best is Luis on 8 !

(Even Shrek has 33.)
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #6: Apr 23, 2012 11:24:12 am
      Found this interesting.

Not far off the right blend

"...when the peripheral details aren’t quite right, they’re relatively easy to address. You don’t have to re-establish the whole thing from the ground up."

Fact is, when half those shots start going in, we're not just beating teams, we're hammering them.

How I feel in a nutshell!!..

Why would anyone panic? We are actually "nearly there".... And nearly there compared to "where we was" 2 seasons ago is a fookin blessing...

Its just the last parts of the puzzle imo.. A sprinkling of world class and we're good to go??
      We've got money, I'm sure with or without the ECL we can attract at least 2 world class players??
      Sterling and Suso among others making noises in the background too..?

Oh, and i honestly believe we've had the bad luck of 6 seasons in 1.. Laws of probability suggest we won't have another like this for a while.. Hit the bar over 30 times?? I reckon if we had a clinical striker he'd have hit the bar too...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #7: Apr 23, 2012 11:32:48 am

Agreed.

Looking at yesterday's game. Our midfield who started were Maxi-Spearing-Henderson-Kuyt and IMO, I don't think any of them are exceptionally great players. No doubt Gerrard and Lucas (easily our two best central pairing) were unavailable so it's fair to say Henderson, Spearing and Adam are at the moment at best, squad players.

Maxi and Kuyt aren't wingers and neither is Bellamy and Downing is just not good enough. Again, at best, all squad players.

I have not much problems with the defence other their occasional lapse in concentration but we're probably looking at two wingers, a central midfielder, a striker at least in the summer.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8: Apr 23, 2012 11:34:50 am
      In order of priority.
      Striker
      Wingers
      Midfielder
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #9: Apr 25, 2012 06:38:46 am
      I would be much more concerned if we were not creating any chances at all.
      Jag-Man
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      Reply #10: Apr 25, 2012 08:08:50 am
      I would be much more concerned if we were not creating any chances at all.

I agree;

We are almost there, a good right winger, someone who can cut in and score goals, will cost a lot of money, but we have it.

A young Striker, but these are hard to find, but Im sure Kenny has been looking.

I would like to see a good older striker come in, he would not cost a lot, and there are some good ones out there who are in the last few years, but could still do a very good job for us, for a season or two.

We have some very good young players coming on, but I think they need a season or two before they get in the 1st team.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,604 posts | 2158 
      Reply #11: Apr 25, 2012 10:55:43 am

I would agree with that but can't see that sort of outlay. What I hope will happen is and think is most likely to happen if the club is to step it up a gear next season is:

- We bring in a couple of top class players in the right positions
      - A few of the lads who came in last summer add 20% to their game now they have settled in
      - A couple of the Academy players come in and make an impact (namely Robinson and Sterling)
      - We keep our best players fit
      johnolly
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #12: Apr 25, 2012 10:05:50 pm
      I agree scottbot, a couple of players in, IMO would be a creative midfielder and two wingers. I don't think we need a striker as luis and Carroll will click. Then suso, sterling and silva step up.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #13: Apr 25, 2012 10:10:40 pm
      Just need to sign the next phil Babb an the league is ours.

Quick Reply