Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Liverpool 0:1 WBA. In game & post match witch hunt.

Read 51439 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: Liverpool 0:1 WBA. In game & post match witch hunt.
      Reply #506: Apr 22, 2012 06:27:34 pm

Laughing and choking.... Don't kill me.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #507: Apr 22, 2012 06:28:05 pm

Why mock. its a legitimate argument that the club is moving backwards. Look at our bread and butter.Our league position.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #508: Apr 22, 2012 06:28:19 pm
      Forum got busy.

ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #509: Apr 22, 2012 06:28:28 pm
      We're going backwards, not forwards.

Because Kenny's in charge, it's all bad luck.... Hmm.

Look, we can afford to be more objective. We don't have a poacher to get to the end of the final pass. Carroll is a target man while Suraez and the rest are a whole bunch of creators. Even Bellamy. This is why we can create so many chances but couldn't score. See what our squad is? What is that to do with Kenny?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #510: Apr 22, 2012 06:29:22 pm

It has indeed mate.

Predictable as ever.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #511: Apr 22, 2012 06:29:28 pm

You knew it would Shabs, the only time some of these guys posts are after matches like this.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #512: Apr 22, 2012 06:30:38 pm
      One word - unbelieveablefrustrating yetagain!!!!
      Comfortable, created loads of chance, then another unforced error lets them in, and waddya know ... they actually take their F***ing chance.
      Stuffing is knocked out, stumble blindly to full time.
      Coaches need to have the lads out hitting cows arses with banjos, then work up to scoring goals. Cause I can't ever recall a season where we've failed so miserably in one area of the pitch.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #513: Apr 22, 2012 06:30:43 pm
      As Barcelona against Real and Chelsea, and also Swansea and Arsenal in the Premiership have shown, having 60/70/80% means nothing if you cannot take your chances. I would rather than 55% posession and score 3 instead of 65% and score 0

Buildup and passing in general have been a strong point in our season. Our finishing is the key, and where we need to convert those chances (e.g. buying a striker)

That is true but the fact that you hold tons of possesion and alot of shots indicate a good sign for the future while the other way round does not.

I am all for 1-0 wins from one shot on goal while the opposition have 100 shots and 90% possession but that's not exactly a good indication for our future games, is it?

Possession isn't everything but it helps because it means you have more of the ball and there's alot of things you can do with it.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #514: Apr 22, 2012 06:31:39 pm
      Look, we can afford to be more objective. We don't have a poacher to get to the end of the final pass. Carroll is a target man while Suraez and the rest are a whole bunch of creators. Even Bellamy. This is why we can create so many chances but couldn't score. See what our squad is? What is that to do with Kenny?

I want Kenny to succeed, I really do. But come on, we are going backwards, cup run aside.

There is no other way of looking at it.

I am absolutely F***ing gutted...
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #515: Apr 22, 2012 06:32:34 pm
      ;D

Maybe their his signings?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,932 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #516: Apr 22, 2012 06:34:19 pm
      Unlucky not to win today, nothing changes, just have to hope next season them shots will find there way into the goal instead of deflecting back out of the woodwork.

Towards the end, we sort of just stopped trying to play football which was annoying but what can we do ayy.

Think because it was a "small club" not everyone was concentrating fully but I have faith in our team to win the final next week. IKWT
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #517: Apr 22, 2012 06:34:35 pm
      What do we do in training all week? Why do we seem to fade in games? Why don't we get bodies in the box? Why cant we convert the masses of corners we earn? Why cant we score goals?

Speak to kenny and his staff.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #518: Apr 22, 2012 06:34:55 pm
      That is true but the fact that you hold tons of possesion and alot of shots indicate a good sign for the future while the other way round does not.

I am all for 1-0 wins from one shot on goal while the opposition have 100 shots and 90% possession but that's not exactly a good indication for our future games, is it?

Possession isn't everything but it helps because it means you have more of the ball and there's alot of things you can do with it.

this is true and i would definitely prefer to win playing good, attacking, exciting football. but f*** me it's getting ridicilouos, how many chances did we create and miss? i'm sorry but i'm p***ed off with the lot of em. clearcut chances were literally everywhere, put the ball in the f***ing net damnit.

what else pi**ed me off was the last 6-7minutes where the team seemed to have given up. they were strolling about. jonjo was the only one chasing everything by the looks of it, and that's a really bad sign. we know we don't hahve much to play for in the league, but that indicated to me the winning mentality is not there. every match should be there for the fight.

bitterly disappointed and thoroughly pi**ed off. need a striker desparaely.
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #519: Apr 22, 2012 06:35:01 pm
      We're going backwards, not forwards.

Because Kenny's in charge, it's all bad luck.... Hmm.

not you again, thought  you had had enough and was leaving the forum.
      it s only a game.  we were unlucky, yet  again. 99 times out of a hundred we would have scored a minimum of 5 goals against  WBA.
      same with how this season has gone. its just one of those things, nothing to  get  worked up  about.
      we have won a cup this season..which other team has won anything yet this season??
      we have been to wembley/are going to  wembley 3 times this season. which other team has/is going to  wembley three times this season!!!!!
      we could win 2 cups this season. if we do  we will have won more trophies than any  other team this season.
      with a bit  of luck we will win more than that shower down the lancs this season.
      WE HAVE STILL  WON MORE TROPHIES THAN THAT SHOWER.

next  season we will convert all those missed chances of this season. you ll  see.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #520: Apr 22, 2012 06:36:26 pm

not you again, thought  you had had enough and was leaving the forum.
      it s only a game.  we were unlucky, yet  again. 99 times out of a hundred we would have scored a minimum of 5 goals against  WBA.
      same with how this season has gone. its just one of those things, nothing to  get  worked up  about.
      we have won a cup this season..which other team has won anything yet this season??
      we have been to wembley/are going to  wembley 3 times this season. which other team has/is going to  wembley three times this season!!!!!
      we could win 2 cups this season. if we do  we will have won more trophies than any  other team this season.
      with a bit  of luck we will win more than that shower down the lancs this season.
      WE HAVE STILL  WON MORE TROPHIES THAN THAT SHOWER.

next  season we will convert all those missed chances of this season. you ll  see.

I would trade the 2 cups for a top 4 finish.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #521: Apr 22, 2012 06:37:33 pm

Finishing top 4 is never an achievement for Liverpool FC or in fact for any big club but of course, I'm not willing to drop out of the Champions League race every season just to concentrate on cups.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #522: Apr 22, 2012 06:38:45 pm
      Just a terrible league campaign. I don't even feel sad about it.

I only saw the last 10-15 minutes and what I saw were players who weren't particularly arsed if we won or lost. cu*ts should be dropped for the final if they do that again.

Said this a while back but lots of possession is a given for Liverpool at home to West Brom. They don't want the ball, they want to watch us toil with it and hit us on the break.

Teams like that are not interested in possession.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,262 posts | 2857 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #523: Apr 22, 2012 06:38:48 pm

2 Cups?? We only have 1 so far. Who's the optimistic one now then?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #524: Apr 22, 2012 06:39:02 pm
      Finishing top 4 is never an achievement for Liverpool FC or in fact for any big club but of course, I'm not willing to drop out of the Champions League race every season just to concentrate on cups.

But for Liverpool, it's everything for us to rebuild on. Surely you can see that? Everything flows from a champions league place, money, players, status.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #525: Apr 22, 2012 06:39:07 pm
      One thing we're missing here is also that Kenny made a terrible decision to leave Hendo and Spearing in a midfield two. Spearing is not a conventional CM and is more of a DM. And Hendo isn't currently the most forceful attacking CM to use in our squad. This resulted in most of our chances originating from the wing.

However that being said, i think a 2 man CM midfield was needed is we were to play Carroll (with Suarez).

Also, Stevie G not even in the squad! Its not like it was gunna be a fiery intense game where Steven was likely to overdo it. This game would a been a stroll in the park for him.
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #526: Apr 22, 2012 06:39:57 pm

WHY?????????????
      ask arsenal if they  would like a cup or 2 over the last  6 years or 6 years of top 4 finishing and nothing to  show for it in their trophy cabinet.
      me , I want cups.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #527: Apr 22, 2012 06:41:17 pm
      I blame Kenny for not lacing up his boots and coming on for the 2nd half to put our chances away.

Is this what we expect from him?
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #528: Apr 22, 2012 06:42:17 pm
      Also, Stevie G not even in the squad! Its not like it was gunna be a fiery intense game where Steven was likely to overdo it. This game would a been a stroll in the park for him.

It sounds like Stevie was rested as a precautionary measure. Playing him today might have meant he misses the Cup Final through injury.

Quick Reply