Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Liverpool 0:1 WBA. In game & post match witch hunt.

Read 50646 times
      Lvpfanatic
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 0:1 WBA. In game & post match witch hunt.
      Reply #621: Apr 23, 2012 03:01:45 am
      Many of you have said it is not Kenny's fault that we aren't scoring goals albeit dominating the games. It all depends on how you look at it. If you say it's not his fault, you can, by saying that he didn't play on the pitch and it's our players who didn't put the ball into the net. What else can Kenny do? Well, I disagree with that. My reason being, why did he sign Carroll the 35 million flop who only scored 4 league goals all season? Yes I know he scored the winning goals in the Blackburn and semi final games, but had we got a better striker, that striker would have scored even more winning goals than Carroll. Why didn't he insist on getting a better striker in the January window to solve our woeful finishing? His awful signings of Carroll, Adam, Downing and Henderson and playing the lad out of position will cost him his job. Those signings have let him down.

I reckon FSG are now on the lookout for a better manager and they have lost their patience and confidence in Kenny after giving him in excess of 100 million to spend. His 10 year absence from active management have caught up with him and his management style is  still in the 80s and 90s where you only spent your money on local British players and foreign talents were a rarity. That's what he's doing now and we're seeing the results of that outdated management style.

If they sacked Comolli for making those sh.it signings whom Kenny wanted, it is only logical for them to get rid of KD in the summer. The sacking of Comolli was only the first step in dismantling Kenny's tenure. It's all very sad really to see our surviving club legend being bashed on and off the pitch.
      Joe88
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 366 posts |
      Reply #622: Apr 23, 2012 03:34:23 am
      Just watched the highlights of the game
      How in Gods name we lost I'll never know - baffling
      I think sometimes our profligacy in front of goal has glossed over other failings in the team (tactical,creative etc) but our performance today looked as if nothing was missing other than that killer touch (slightly concerning though that WBA had 3-4 really good chances in the game)

I'm baffled by our inadequacy in front of goal - got to got to got to sign a poacher in the summer

Also as much as I'm a fan of both and think we should have seen more of them in the season what did we gain from starting with Kuyt and Maxi today?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #623: Apr 23, 2012 04:17:50 am
      Honestly, I watched this game and had a "this somehow will go badly despite how much it looks like we should win" feeling and thats what happened. Thats our season in a nutshell, ladies and gents. Promising as hell at times but ultimately we don't have the killer touch. And then to rub salt in the wounds the opposition gets a chance and utilizes it.

I'm still confident as hell for our future. And I can't wait for the FA Cup final. But as far as the league goes, I'm just over it. I want us to win every game we play, but I just want this season over now. A fresh start is needed. (A fresh start meaning season, not manager. I feel with the right pieces the kenny system will work. Signs are there)

Cheers! Im drunk.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #624: Apr 23, 2012 05:11:43 am
      The chances were there just not put away?
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #625: Apr 23, 2012 05:31:58 am
      Still think if we can put an early chance away in one of these types of games then we would get a few. United have exactly the same type of games in the previous 2 and young dives for two penalties easing the pressure. I'm still happy with the amount of chances we are creating. If we were playing sh*te there would be a real reason for me to agree with certain whingers.

Never known a season like it.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #626: Apr 23, 2012 05:41:40 am
      Seasons come and seasons go just wanna' see this one end on a high?
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #627: Apr 23, 2012 06:24:05 am
      I think it's hard to motivate seeing we can't get in the top 4 and we are in Europe anyway. Playing for starting berth in the FA cup maybe. I really think pay should be tied to wins, see some of these players move then. THis should also apply to managers and supporters. I mean I get paid F**k all so its not going to motivate me much but I don't need it. Some of the richer supporters might start getting the atmosphere going or give their ticket to someone who will.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #628: Apr 23, 2012 07:27:51 am
      I'm going to go get some rope... has anyone got a stepladder I could borrow?

F**k off, you're not going to give it back :f_tongueincheek:

Just gutted I guess, really hope we bounce back and finish the season with some semblance of fighting spirit.
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #629: Apr 23, 2012 07:43:40 am
      Seasons come and seasons go just wanna' see this one end on a high?

i ll name that  tune in one

terry jacks.........seasons in the sun.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #630: Apr 23, 2012 08:25:42 am
      Just terrible. I fear for Kenny if we don't win the FA Cup
      StevieG80
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #631: Apr 23, 2012 08:30:07 am
      Not that bothered today. We played excellent football and had the better chances. One mistake ruined it all. Not annoyed at Johnson either, he played a blinder. Our league position hasn't mattered for some time now. FA Cup and a bit of reinforcement in the summer and we can focus on the league again.

I don't get that attitude or mentality?? So If we were in the relegation zone but still winning cups would you be happy to ignore our league games??
      We played well again but still produced nothing. If we were to loose to Chavs in the final cos we play well but cant score, is this acceptable, especially given our season then ends with us winning a cup that has no kudos or respect and finishing mid to bottom half of the table.
      Its a sad truth that less and less players are interested in the domestic cups and want to be at a club in the CL or that are competitive on all fronts including the league.
      I don't really want Kenny sacked but shooting people down for giving criticism etc is just ludicrous. If you don't like negativity then don't go on a forum.
      You complain about negative comments on invincible Kenny yet I think blind faith can be just as bad if not worse.
      Agreed some comments need more meat on the bones to explain their views.
      If this season had gone the way it had and we had not had Camolli then I would be calling for him to step down. Due to being unsure however as to who is to blame for transfers and the fees paid etc im willing to give the benefit of the doubt and give him another transfer window at least to see how we get on. Also with his long term absence from management Im willing to wait and see if he has learned lessons from this season going forward. This is not to say he has done no wrong like a lot on here would have you believe. He has made questionable subs often too late in a game, we have played every formation going as if we don't know what we should be, some of tho not all of the transfers have been questionable to say the least. Handling of certain situations has been managed badly of which Kenny has already admitted he would do differently.
      If it was WOY who had got us a league cup and into an FA Cup final but had us in mid table I wonder, would you be so backing? Would he have gotten chance to even have got to Wembley in the first place, with you lot I reckon not, guess we will never know.
      StevieG80
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #632: Apr 23, 2012 08:32:29 am

He will be safe, im pretty sure about that. I think they are already planning for next season to be honest, id put money on that private meeting being about next season and how they are going to put things right. Besides they know whenever they sack him they have to be in a very strong position to do so (i.e. bottom half with no cups) cos if we have so much as a top half finish the fans will be calling for the owners if the sack him.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #633: Apr 23, 2012 08:58:36 am
      Ok can you explain to me why he should stay? And not just because he's Kenny.
      Because (in your words)...
      Just one player is needed, somebody that is going to score 25-30 goals.
      Why on earth would we need to get rid of a manager when all we need is "Just one player"?  :-\

sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 624 posts | 59 
      Reply #634: Apr 23, 2012 09:08:29 am
      For me its not all doom and gloom,west brom are sh*te and got a lucky break that was it,it was the same with the arsenal game, outplayed them for the most part and got beat because they have a player who knows where the goal is,if we can get a striker who can get 30 goals a season we will be back in the top 4.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #635: Apr 23, 2012 09:09:38 am
      F**k,,,, just another case of huffing and puffing but not being able to blow the house down. Story of our F***ing season!

Thought the subs coming on might help us to get over the line but they took us backwards. Bellers was terrible and I don't remember Downing doing anything at all. Kuyt was ripping them apart down that flank and it all went downhill after he went off. Hindsight, hey.

I dont do forums, but such is the pain at seeing yet another poor display lacking commitment, determination and guile that I felt the need to sign up.

Some will say we were unlucky as we hit the bar etc etc etc, but actually I would say we were lucky because we hit the bar. Most of the time youd have to be lucky if the ball never hit yourself sitting in the top row!

As poor as I have any memory of.  I would write the names of the players who wouldnt get in my sunday league vets team but there would be too many to list.

And as for Dalglish, as much as I respect his history with the club and footballing ability as a player, I have to say his time is ticking away as manager.

His ability to get the drive out of the team is limited. His tactics and invention none existent. His purchasing of players appalling.

This does not look like a team building for the future, but one stuck in the past. football has moved along way since we were good and yet we play like we're stuck in the 80's.

Jeeze its embarrasing admitting you support them

As for u lad, now I normally welcome new posters to the forum but this time I actually want to tell you F**k off.

You join up when we've had a demoralizing loss and then have the cheek to say it's embarrassing admitting you support this Club. For starters who gives a F**k about what others think an secondly if u do care so much about what others think, go support the team down the East Lancs Road or better yet that c**t of a club down London way. They're looking for as many people as they can get to hold up their plastic flags that they give out at games.  :mad:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #636: Apr 23, 2012 09:33:17 am
      I don't get that attitude or mentality?? So If we were in the relegation zone but still winning cups would you be happy to ignore our league games??
      Smurf' didn't say that so why put words into his mouth?  :-\

He said, very clearly, that the league position hasn't mattered for some while now; which is true... we aren't going to be relegated just as we aren't going to qualify for the Champions league - not too complicated a concept really.

I don't really want Kenny sacked but shooting people down for giving criticism etc is just ludicrous. If you don't like negativity then don't go on a forum.
      You complain about negative comments on invincible Kenny
      A couple of things here: i) he didn't complain about negative comments and ii) If you don't like positivity (or indeed) negativity about negativity then maybe it's you who shouldn't go on to a forum.

You could do worse than take a bit of time out to read through this forum and you'll note that constructive criticism and reasoned debate has always been welcomed mate.

Of late it's been impossible to have that debate simply because of the influx of whoppers (on the back of defeat) who wrongly believe they are the first to point out Kenny and the team's failings which, in turn, leads others to become defensive... and perhaps more tetchy/less tolerant than usual with newer members.

Those same, usually negative, posters also seem to have this ingrained arrogance which manifests it's self in the need to tell 'the forum' where it's going wrong.

Like I say... take time out, read a few threads then tell us how wrong we all are. Good luck.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #637: Apr 23, 2012 10:03:51 am
      Passing the ball around the pitch is not dominating. Passing the ball backwards 90% of the times is not shredding.
      But im with you, its not kennys fault.

I don't recall us passing the ball backwards 90% of the time...??? And thats the fookin problem, when we don't win, exaggerated statements like this arise.. Flippant no truth comments based on a jerk become cast in stone??? Wadda joke!!!.. I'd hate to have my jerk exposed like that... Our so called "sh*t players" that need replacing with an overhaul (;D) have managed a cup and a final and nobody can ignore the fact that our "young-terrible-not good enough midfield" have completely bossed a lot of the top teams this season..?

To offer luck as an excuse for failure is normally lame BUT this season, have you ever seen anything like it???.. We've had 6 seasons bad luck in 1.. On paper its not a plausible excuse granted but if you've watched our games this season you'd know our luck hasn't been normal.. I honestly believe its a freek season with regards to fortune..

Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #638: Apr 23, 2012 10:07:45 am

Why... ;D... Fear for yourself lad... If you eat everything the media write then yeah, you may fear... I listen to KK, FSG and other important people around our club and they think the opposite.. So.. Don't worry fe nuttin rude bwoy... lolol
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #639: Apr 23, 2012 10:35:54 am
      Went the game yesterday.

As so many times this season we should have been about 4-0 up before they got their goal.  Poor defending by Johnson.  Him and Enrique both had poor games.

The story is the same as it has been for most of the season.

Patient pass and move build up - plenty of chances to win the game - lack of quality midfielders/wingers and above all finishers to put the chances away.

Dalglish has got us playing football the right way - but he has been hugely let down by some of his signings - deserves the opportunity to rectify it this summer.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #640: Apr 23, 2012 10:37:23 am
      What I find strange, is how some fans say that having "70% possession is useless if all you do is pass back and sideways".

Could someone please explain to me how a team that spends most of its time passing backward and sideways, can still manage to have 28 shots on goal and 15 corners?

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #641: Apr 23, 2012 10:56:11 am
      What I find strange, is how some fans say that having "70% possession is useless if all you do is pass back and sideways".

Could someone please explain to me how a team that spends most of its time passing backward and sideways, can still manage to have 28 shots on goal and 15 corners?

I think what they actually meant is, it's not how much you have it but what you do with the ball.

As a matter of fact, they're a little bit right. Opposition have probably created better chances at goal than us. We're hitting them from stupid angles off target and not even hitting the target from clear cut chances but thinking of it, the last two goals we have conceded were more of mistakes (against Everton and WBA) rather than opposition doing their magic.

Yesterday, we were a bit like Barcelona in their last two games. Passing it across goal and not penetrating with just a handful of clear cut chances created.

I want us to play well and win games but that hasn't been the case all season so I pretty much would just take 5 more 1-0 wins while being totally dominated.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #642: Apr 23, 2012 11:30:03 am
      Getting a little bit tired and frustrated with outplaying teams, failing to capitalise on our chances and losing. Pretty sure I am not alone in feeling like this :)

For fucks sake Kenny buy a bloody good striker in the summer, till then I think we just have to focus on winning the F.A. CUP and accept that without a clinical striker we are going to struggle no matter how many chances we create and how much possession we have.

Thought Reina should have done much better for the goal, but it was a mistake by Johnson ..... not Reina. Carroll has to do better with headers from 6 yards out (he should at least be hitting the target) and Maxi may offer a goal threat, but too often becomes the invisible man.

No snap to our play, too many safe passes, too deliberate in our build up, are just some of the other reasons we struggle.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #643: Apr 23, 2012 12:01:08 pm
      No one wants to teach you lad...

If you want to be a knee jerk tosser go ahead.
      How is that a knee jerk reaction though? Our form has been below par for the majority of the season. I hate the fact we have to change the manager again, I hate the fact Kenny has failed, but like in any high managerial position, the blame has to go on the managers head. If it was a director at Sainsburys and they had fallen so far behind tesco or asda, then the same would happen to him.
      That's life.

His signings have been awful, and that's being kind

I'm F***ing gutted it has come to this but the facts are there for everyone to see, we're going backwards not forwards.

Quick Reply