Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Liverpool 0:1 WBA. In game & post match witch hunt.

Read 50633 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Liverpool 0:1 WBA. In game & post match witch hunt.
      Reply #667: Apr 23, 2012 09:40:37 pm
      Went the game yesterday.

As so many times this season we should have been about 4-0 up before they got their goal.  Poor defending by Johnson.  Him and Enrique both had poor games.

The story is the same as it has been for most of the season.

Patient pass and move build up - plenty of chances to win the game - lack of quality midfielders/wingers and above all finishers to put the chances away.

Dalglish has got us playing football the right way - but he has been hugely let down by some of his signings - deserves the opportunity to rectify it this summer.

Sums it up for me. The way we are playing generally is quite beautiful at times. If we had the kind of finishing we have had over the past few years we would well be up the table.

Signings letting us down hugely this season. Thats it for me. Kenny deserves the chance to identify and try and rectify. If another season of failed signings and inconsistency comes, then maybe time to look elsewhere. But the man has shown us his vision, and I for one am all for it. I want him to have a chance to fulfill it.
      falkirk_bairn
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #668: Apr 23, 2012 10:37:12 pm
      Too many excuses being made, doesn't matter how well you play, its about winning when you spend that kind of cash on players. I'm not sure what the answer is and I am not calling for anyones head but there is defo something wrong. The 2012 league form has been shocking.

I will be extremely interested to hear the excuses next year if the team have a similar campaign to this season. Robbie Savage made a very interesting point last night on motd2 that LFC need 5 or 6 players to be able to make the top 4 nevermind winning the league and I reckon thats a good shout.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #669: Apr 23, 2012 10:45:41 pm
      Too many excuses being made, doesn't matter how well you play, its about winning when you spend that kind of cash on players. I'm not sure what the answer is and I am not calling for anyones head but there is defo something wrong. The 2012 league form has been shocking.

I will be extremely interested to hear the excuses next year if the team have a similar campaign to this season. Robbie Savage made a very interesting point last night on motd2 that LFC need 5 or 6 players to be able to make the top 4 nevermind winning the league and I reckon thats a good shout.

And I reckon he's a cock with "bi*ch" hair...

QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #670: Apr 23, 2012 10:45:54 pm

I get what your saying bro...

The thing is, I recognize that there are many teams that are comfortable with their opposition having lots of non penetrating possession, but we are actually creating chances.. Fooking lots of them!! So the possession we have isn't wasted at all.. Our possession is doing its job.. Its NOT always aimless side to side passing like some fans claim because things are getting created and games are being dominated.. Its specifically scoring goals which has been the problem.. Nothing else..

What you say is partly true, but i dont think all of our chances are as clear as most people think. Among the oprotunities Liverpool has you can see a LOT of pointless shots from outside the box, the usual "suarez dribble past 6 defenders and then hitting the post" chance, some of Andys headers between 4 defenders...not what you could call crystal clear chances.

I do agree we have missed some serious sitters, but more commonly, it was just a usless chance.

Bottom line, its not just a matter of bad finishing (not saying that dont need improving cause it seriously does!!). My main concern is with the CREATION of good shooting oportunities. Not nearly as many of those as a Champion team should have.

Overall, I think this year will be thge beginning of a new Liverpool. Both cup runs prove we are on the right track to our rightful place, and upwards is the only way
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #671: Apr 23, 2012 11:02:50 pm
      What you say is partly true, but i dont think all of our chances are as clear as most people think. Among the oprotunities Liverpool has you can see a LOT of pointless shots from outside the box, the usual "suarez dribble past 6 defenders and then hitting the post" chance, some of Andys headers between 4 defenders...not what you could call crystal clear chances.

I do agree we have missed some serious sitters, but more commonly, it was just a usless chance.

Bottom line, its not just a matter of bad finishing (not saying that dont need improving cause it seriously does!!). My main concern is with the CREATION of good shooting oportunities. Not nearly as many of those as a Champion team should have.

Overall, I think this year will be thge beginning of a new Liverpool. Both cup runs prove we are on the right track to our rightful place, and upwards is the only way

Nah bro..;D..Your moving the goal posts by saying we are making chances but not good ones?? This terrible midfield of ours has constantly been creating numerous chances over and over again.. Games I've watched this season and many-ah-stats clearly show we have rarely been bossed in the Mid and our boys have never not created chances..
      Because fans are frustrated, they're unnecessarily attacking areas of the club that don't need it.. The problem has to be localized. The problem is bad luck (not a cop-out) and that ball crossing the fookin line.. F**k what Robbie Cabbage says about needing 5 players to reach the top 4? Not hitting the post 30 times would have got us there..   
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #672: Apr 23, 2012 11:16:49 pm
      If you had supported this club for that length of time you would be fully aware that LFC does not conduct itself in that manner. The panic button is not desired and not available.
      You are obviously more enlightened than our owners who by sacking Comolli appear to have made a decision on the allocation of blame for the team's shortcomings.
      Perhaps you could advise the owners on the stadium issue and any other pearls of wisdom you can conjure up.

Once again someone voices an opinion and gets personal attacks back at them, classy.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #673: Apr 23, 2012 11:29:48 pm

Nah bro..;D..Your moving the goal posts by saying we are making chances but not good ones??
      No...just saying that most of the "chances" are in fact nothing but "hail mary" shots.
      Look, we see the issue from totally opposite places, and we will never agree. I get your point, its just that my idea of what domination, or "bossing" is different than yours.

I dont think we need 4 or 5 players. Id settle for a world class creative midfielder, and a back up striker. I trust Dalglish, and i hope the owners have the decency to let him continue next season.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #674: Apr 24, 2012 07:43:15 am
      Agreed QC I would love a classic "number ten" to add creativity in the team passing the ball backwards is not dominating a team either.

Nothing to say about the game should have been up by a few goals before we were down ..story of our season so far.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #675: Apr 24, 2012 08:11:58 am

I dont think we need 4 or 5 players. Id settle for a world class creative midfielder, and a back up striker. I trust Dalglish, and i hope the owners have the decency to let him continue next season.
      I totally agree with you Quicogalante,I often think how things could/would of been different if we had not lost Lucas for half a season.Also it is unthinkable for L.F.C. if Kenny is not allowed to finish what he has begun.
      StevieG80
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #676: Apr 24, 2012 08:21:54 am
      I totally agree with you Quicogalante,I often think how things could/would of been different if we had not lost Lucas for half a season.Also it is unthinkable for L.F.C. if Kenny is not allowed to finish what he has begun.

I would add a first team striker to that list to be honest, I don't for a second believe Carroll and Suarez partnership will shoot us into top 4, that's my opinion.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #677: Apr 24, 2012 10:06:17 am
      So, as far as the title goes (and considering the majority of the knee jerkers have trolled back under their interweb bridges) is the witch we where hunting our lack of finishing?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #678: Apr 24, 2012 10:11:02 am
      So, as far as the title goes (and considering the majority of the knee jerkers have trolled back under their interweb bridges) is the witch we where hunting our lack of finishing?

I'd say we miss two things more critically than others at the moment.
      A clinical striker and pace in attack/out wide.

Oh and looking back through some highlights from last season I think we underestimated how good Lucas' distribution had become.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #679: Apr 24, 2012 10:19:46 am
      Robbie Savage made a very interesting point last night on motd2 that LFC need 5 or 6 players to be able to make the top 4 nevermind winning the league and I reckon thats a good shout.
      Now there is a guy who could really give an insight into how a winning team performs ,a very ordinary player at best ,so whatever he has to say about us i would let in one ear and straight out the other fcker ,when you start taking the opinion of a player like Savage then you got to be crazy.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #680: Apr 24, 2012 10:23:13 am
      Now there is a guy who could really give an insight into how a winning team performs ,a very ordinary player at best ,so whatever he has to say about us i would let in one ear and straight out the other fcker ,when you start taking the opinion of a player like Savage then you got to be crazy.

Agree. He is a tool.

I'd rather use my own eyes and form my own opinion than be influenced by the likes of Savage.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #681: Apr 24, 2012 10:43:01 am
      All the people saying we need this we need that ,what we need is a player to just put it into the net its that simple ,we can say we have had a poor season and the league position dont lie ,but,, look at the chances created to goals scored ratio that will tell you a whole lot where we have failed this year , incidently i dont class us getting to wembley twice as failure its a mere stepping stone along the way , but in this sh*t season we will have put two more trophys in the bag ,there are quite a few who would love to do that.

Even the scum at the end of the a580 could end the season without a pot to piss in ,now that would be nice, so before we all get to downhearted ,lets take into account the only reason we didnt win on sat ,,no out and out finisher in the team, put one in there and a few people could be pleasantly surprised next term, yes saturday was hugely dissapointing ,but we played them off the park for 90% of the game ,and should have won ,the fact we created all them chances and still managed to fck up 
      spells it out quite clearly what we need to progress, i believe we have the people in place to make sure that happens.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #682: Apr 24, 2012 10:49:04 am
      I'd say we miss two things more critically than others at the moment.
      A clinical striker and pace in attack/out wide.

Oh and looking back through some highlights from last season I think we underestimated how good Lucas' distribution had become.

Agreed, agreed, if you think of our midfield with and without him it's amazing how empty or void of the same distribution or through ball it is, we've even missed Stevies through balls and feeds into the box so much this season. Having said that would anyone finish them if we had them? They wanna stop playing the crossbar challenge and start playing hit the net instead.

Oh, and F**k robbie savage. ESPN knobhead.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #683: Apr 24, 2012 06:30:19 pm
      Someone said ...and I think it was on Match Of The Day of all places .......that we were playing scintillating football.
      In the same programme it was commented about how good our defence was.

Actually  there is some truth in the above.

From last year we have been crying out for strikers and wingers with pace.
      Comolli hung himself with the January comment there wasn't anyone about.

Like Ive already posted. JellyMan at the Bitters has become their leading scorer since January. They sit above us F.F.S.

Look at the Toon's position in comparison with us in January and look at them now.

Answers?     Strikers and Wingers with pace.  People who know where the net is.

PS Luis Suarez ain't no 20 goal a season man. Brilliant but ............
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #684: Apr 24, 2012 06:42:11 pm
      Once again someone voices an opinion and gets personal attacks back at them, classy.
      Pull yer neck in lad, the measures he describes are a panic reaction and one which the various wums and kneejerkers here would be made up with, I stopped short of calling him that and was not abusive - what exactly is wrong with that?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #685: Apr 24, 2012 06:53:36 pm
      However you look at our results trhis year, there are two sides to every issue. We defended with a 'back 6' against Cteh away, holding onto a 1 - 0 lead and were slated for it. The rent boys do exactly the same against Barcsa and are hailed heroes ? what the F**k is that all about. We beat the Mancs, The Arse, The rent boys, all the so say top sides and then we lose or draw againt the lesser rated sides. We don't play any les quality football, just fail to score. Weather we blame individuals or the side collectively it doesn't change anything. The bottom line is, we play good footy and need someone of quality to put the ball in the bag. Weather or not this has become a mental think or just a physical thing won't matter. A choice striker in the squad gets evryone on their toes. We don'y curreently have too many choices as if Bellars is struggling with his knees, his replacement doesn't havetoo much competition. With Kelly injured, Johnson is a shoe in. With Adam ( who I don't rate) and Gerrard injured, there are not a lot of replacements to choose from. £100 mill spent maybe, but with what he inherited, Kenny still hasn't a big squad of top quality players. I think Carroll was a panic buy and if the sale of lady boy had not raised 50mill, If Kenny persued Carroll under normall circumstances he would probably only have cost about 18 mill. It actually surprises me how we do dominate sides with what I see as a few lightweight players, not of the required quality IMO, especially accross the middle of the park. So summing up, mabey all we need is a goal poacher/scorer of the ilke of Fowler, Owen, Van Nistleroy, Henry, VanPersie, even Adebyoure or Tevez would have made a massive difference but hindsight is a wonderfull thing. Think we just have to persevere for now, and as much as I love this club and all it stands for, I am hurting inside witnessing this recent slide. Hold it together lads, it can only get better and surely will. I have my knee jerk moments like everyone else but in all fairness, a manager never turned round a clubs fortunes in a season ever before. Not a club that's been so close to collapse as ours was 18 months ago. The basics are in place, we are on the mend and a decent centre mid to compliment Stevie and a decent striker would put us right in the short term, and we can continue to build on that over the next three or four transferr windows.  At the end of the storm...............
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #686: Apr 24, 2012 09:50:05 pm

Robbie Savage is not worth listening to.  All that bleach in his hair makes his comments as reckless as his tackles.  He has no time for Liverpool and he enjoys saying it.  Earlier in the season he said Man City would run away with the league.  Take from that what you will.

We've hit the woodwork 30 times.  Where would we be if a third of those had gone in?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #687: Apr 25, 2012 01:55:19 pm

We've hit the woodwork 30 times.  Where would we be if a third of those had gone in?

20 times?

Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #688: Apr 25, 2012 02:41:06 pm
      Someone said ...and I think it was on Match Of The Day of all places .......that we were playing scintillating football.
      In the same programme it was commented about how good our defence was.

Actually  there is some truth in the above.

From last year we have been crying out for strikers and wingers with pace.
      Comolli hung himself with the January comment there wasn't anyone about.

Like Ive already posted. JellyMan at the Bitters has become their leading scorer since January. They sit above us F.F.S.

Look at the Toon's position in comparison with us in January and look at them now.

Answers?     Strikers and Wingers with pace.  People who know where the net is.

PS Luis Suarez ain't no 20 goal a season man. Brilliant but ............

I think it's common knowledge that we were interested in Jelavic before Everton. I heard that one of the reasons Commolli was sacked was because he felt we didn't need him but Kenny was keen.
      Now I cannot confirm how reliable the source is but thought I'd pass it on out of interest.
      It would certainly make sense to me.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #689: Apr 25, 2012 04:19:52 pm
      i agree with those saying we need a ´number 10´ with serious pace. maybe he is already in our academy but we need him next season. those saying that suarez is merely a creator make me laugh. suarez is everything, he is a magician, but we need one more player of his quality to wear the number 10 and that will propell us back to the top of the table. we also need quality replacements for maxi bellamy and or kuyt and i think that´s it. maybe another midfielder but i am not sure of that yet but i guess this season without lucas has told us we need someone as good as him in the squad.

Quick Reply