Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Kenny in Comolli's Position

Read 4292 times
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb
      • Started Topic

• 173 posts |
      Kenny in Comolli's Position
      Apr 23, 2012 04:46:01 pm
      Has anyone given thought for the real reason behind the departure of Damion Comoli , I think whatever happens at Wembley next week we will see Dalglish removed from the managers seat at the end of the season , no matter what way we dress it up the league results have been nothing short of dreadful and I think the vacant position of Director of Football will give the owners a way of moving King Kenny sideways rather than sacking him , if this does happen we now look for a third manager in less than three years and my choice would be Roberto Martinez who I believe given the right backing and funds would be a greaty appointment .
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2012 05:41:30 pm by ayrton77 »
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Re: Kenny in Comoli's Position
      Reply #1: Apr 23, 2012 05:10:39 pm
      hmm interesting point like, ive heard that kennys been giving a lot of hints this week such as 'ive tried my best and would be proud of what ive done at the end' etc. so maybe things are looking like that although i certainly dont want it that way

also if it was the case i definitely wouldnt have martinez as the new manager at the fear of being another hodgson, i know woy werent helped by the owner's situation but i would definitely prefer a proven manager, although there aint too many out there, also heard rumours that mourinho is gonna leave madrid if they win the champions league an wants to have a real 'challenge' as a manager, an he always says he would love to manage in the premiership, now that would be something!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2: Apr 23, 2012 05:14:20 pm
      Has anyone given thought for the real reason behind the departure of Damion Comoli

Clearly, as there are at least two sizeable threads where the matter has been discussed at length.

Quote from Cardy link=topic=42806.msg1255184#msg125518y4 date=1335195961
      my choice would be Roberto Martinez who I believe given the right backing and funds would be a greaty appointment .

Flavour of the month after good results against Chavski, ManUre and Arse. His team were flirting with relegation a few weeks back.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #3: Apr 23, 2012 05:28:21 pm
      I think the vacant position of Director of Football will give the owners a way of moving King Kenny sideways rather than sacking him

I cannot see this happening, especially after Tom Werner publicly backed Kenny recently. I know all about the dreaded vote of confidence and how many times managers have lost their jobs shortly after, but I believe FSG are better than that and backing Kenny as manager is a reflection of how they feel about him.
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb
      • Started Topic

• 173 posts |
      Reply #4: Apr 23, 2012 05:30:48 pm
      We would be flirting with relegation if the league had stared at Xmas.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #5: Apr 23, 2012 05:34:10 pm

But it didn't. Are you a sports journalist?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6: Apr 23, 2012 05:40:34 pm

I could be flirting with Scarlett Johansson if I was rich,
      but I'm not.

Spurs are in a bad run as well, but most reporters are still offering Harry up for the English job.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Kenny in Comolli's Position
      Reply #7: Apr 23, 2012 05:41:03 pm

We would never have won any trophies if football had been invented yesterday.

(Though we'd be in the very first FA Cup final! 8)).
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #8: Apr 23, 2012 05:44:35 pm

We would never have won any trophies if football had been invented yesterday.

Going to end up being a new thread, this.

But I can't see Kenny being Director of Football, maybe Ambassador or something similar.

At the end of the day though, all will be done in house, and we'll only know if and when the decisions have been made.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #9: Apr 23, 2012 05:46:30 pm
      but I'm not.

Spurs are in a bad run as well, but most reporters are still offering Harry up for the English job.

Rich or not I imagine she would class the "flirting" as "harassment"
       ;D

Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #10: Apr 23, 2012 05:55:43 pm
      What the f**k..?

Oh, my mistake. Naturally, being the day after the defeat, its time for one or two of those God awful topics questioning Kenny as manager, trying to uncover conspiracy theories surrounding Commollis departure that don't exist and having a go at playing football manager by plucking flavor of the month names out of thin air.

I'll leave you too it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #11: Apr 23, 2012 05:57:12 pm
      Rich or not I imagine she would class the "flirting" as "harassment"
       ;D

If I was rich she could call it whatever she liked, I'd be paying for it eventually.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #12: Apr 23, 2012 06:04:29 pm
      If I was rich she could call it whatever she liked, I'd be paying for it eventually.

Pimpin.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #13: Apr 23, 2012 06:20:18 pm

Paying for it in terms of money? Or in terms of long tough nights in the prison shower room with nothing but your memories to ease the discomfort  :-\
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,705 posts | 7164 
      Reply #14: Apr 23, 2012 06:20:41 pm
       :mad: :mad: :lmao: :f_wah:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #15: Apr 23, 2012 06:23:24 pm
      Paying for it in terms of money? Or in terms of long tough nights in the prison shower room with nothing but your memories to ease the discomfort  :-\

Can memories ease anal tearing?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: Apr 23, 2012 06:31:28 pm
      Better get some good lawyers
      LFCexiled
      Reply #17: Apr 23, 2012 06:32:56 pm

Or Anusol.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #18: Apr 23, 2012 06:44:05 pm

Depends how strong the will is  :o
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #19: Apr 23, 2012 06:48:36 pm
      I.K.W.T
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #20: Apr 23, 2012 07:20:29 pm
      It's a very strange idea.
      Would Kenny lose his position (which won't happen imo) it would be because owners are very unhappy with his signings.
      Why would owners give director of football position, in charge of organizing scouting and giving advices to the new manager about possible signings, to someone they judge responsible of making poor signings ?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #21: Apr 23, 2012 08:36:00 pm
      To be honest with you, I think such a move has "disaster" written all over - and I love Kenny. Kenny spent quite a bit of money at Blackburn, Newcastle, and current Liverpool. I can't seem him being given a position where he handles the transfers and their fees, given his spending record.
      Jag-Man
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      Reply #22: Apr 25, 2012 08:37:26 am
      Has anyone given thought for the real reason behind the departure of Damion Comoli , I think whatever happens at Wembley next week we will see Dalglish removed from the managers seat at the end of the season , no matter what way we dress it up the league results have been nothing short of dreadful and I think the vacant position of Director of Football will give the owners a way of moving King Kenny sideways rather than sacking him , if this does happen we now look for a third manager in less than three years and my choice would be Roberto Martinez who I believe given the right backing and funds would be a greaty appointment .

Its very hard for us fans to know the truth, over Comoli.
      Was it that they did not trust Kenny to buy players because he was out of football for so long.
      Did they think, Kenny and Comoli would work together to get players, but lots of things went wrong.

I dont know, but Im sure Kenny will be our manger next season, we play some very good football, we just need to score more goals, simple. ;D.

Quick Reply