Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Is Mourinho a product of financial doping and favourable climate.

Read 30952 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Is Mourinho a product of financial doping and favourable climate.
      Reply #23: Apr 24, 2012 01:28:01 pm
      Chelsea - cech,glen johnson, del horno, john terry, carvalho, makele, lampard, essien, maniche, crespo, joe cole, duff,gallas, geremi, drogba, robben, bridge, diarra, ferreira, gudjohnson, sudicini, wright-phillips.

Man City - Hart, Richards, Kompany, Kolarov, Kolo Toure, Clichy, Silva, Nasri, Yaya Toure, de Jong, Barry, Milner, Johnson, Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelii, Tevez.

Out of the Carling Cup.
      Out of the FA Cup.
      Out of the Champins League.
      Out of the Europe League.
      Threw away a 10 point league in the Premier League and may end up winning absolutely nothing this season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #24: Apr 24, 2012 01:37:04 pm
      I'm no fan of Mourinho but there is no doubt that give him a team with quality players and he will deliver success.

At Porto, after knocking United out on luck, you can say that Lyon, Deportivo and Monaco is arguably the easiest run in a knock out stage.

Barcelona didn't qualify. Liverpool didn't qualify. Bayern Munich out in first round. Real Madrid, Milan and Arsenal were out in the quater finals. Chelsea out in the semi-finals. Inter Milan and Ajax never got past the group stage.

True, but he still won the trophy and beat what was in front of him and it could be argued Lyon, Deportivo and Monaco were similar clubs so I don't think you can take that success away from him.

Still a c**t though.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #25: Apr 24, 2012 01:54:17 pm
      Well said fully agree. Mourinho, given the right amount of cash, will build a talented squad capable of winning anything they're going in for. The team he built at Chelsea was first class, can't argue with that.

Many of the quality players Maureen had at Chelsea were signed by Ranieri and he simply inherited them - Cech (when he was really good), Robben, Makalele amongst others. Then he splashed the cash to bring in more quality like Drogba and Essien.
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2012 02:11:31 pm by HeighwayToHeaven »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #26: Apr 24, 2012 02:02:59 pm
      Well, while I think he's a good manager (never said he wasn't) but I just don't think he's the best manager in the world.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #27: Apr 24, 2012 04:42:59 pm

I'll take the Grade A c**t option if its still available.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #28: Apr 24, 2012 04:54:11 pm
      While people are saying he spent loads at Madrid, which is hard to deny, his rivals, Barcelona have spent around 100 million on players since his arrival. Barcelona have spent 20 million on Masherano, 35 million on Fabregas, 32 million on Sanchez in the last couple of years, and others as well. So he's not the only one to have spent money for success.

Well, while I think he's a good manager (never said he wasn't) but I just don't think he's the best manager in the world.

Out of interest, who do you think is the best manager in Europe then?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #29: Apr 24, 2012 04:55:23 pm
      Yeah he's an opportunist and has been backed by his clubs, but still one of the greatest managers in football history. I don't know how anyone could dispute that.
      Bier
      Reply #30: Apr 24, 2012 04:57:32 pm
      He's good at what he does, I just don't like the way he does it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #31: Apr 24, 2012 05:04:53 pm

Same for me.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #32: Apr 24, 2012 05:21:17 pm
      Yeah he's an opportunist and has been backed by his clubs, but still one of the greatest managers in football history. I don't know how anyone could dispute that.
      This.

A good horse still needs a good jockey.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #33: Apr 24, 2012 05:26:41 pm

Same for me too.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #34: Apr 24, 2012 06:45:08 pm

He's a vain, ego-driven c**t.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #35: Apr 24, 2012 10:12:14 pm
      This fcktard is still going on about the 2005 Luis Garcia goal.

Says that is a goal that never crossed the line so what about the goal when Bojan scored against Inter Milan?
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #36: Apr 24, 2012 10:18:40 pm

Same.  Although I would say he is a bit old news now.

For me he is a motivator of players, not a builder of teams.  And this leaving after 3/4 seasons every time?

Of course, that's when you really have to start rebuilding a side.

Still want him nowhere near Anfield.  Awful tactics - basically the same philosophy as Roy.  But in Maureen's case more effective.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #37: Apr 24, 2012 10:27:48 pm

Easy. Look at the squads he played with. Avram Grant made it to the CL final with Chelsea squad
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38: Apr 24, 2012 10:28:59 pm
      So... ? He was European champion with Inter Milan and Porto, none of which had the best squad in Europe then.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #39: Apr 24, 2012 10:32:49 pm
      So... ? He was European champion with Inter Milan and Porto, none of which had the best squad in Europe then.

Exactly. Some people just try to discredit him at every possibility. Not only did he win the Champions League in those two seasons, he also won the League in the very same season.

He may not play the nicest style of football, but it's effective and he is one of the greatest managers of all time.

I don't think he's that big of a c**t either, he's done some nice things too. Quite arrogant with his self confidence but most successful managers have self belief.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #40: Apr 24, 2012 10:35:28 pm

Toldo, Brazilian Keeper (forgot his name), Maicon, Lucio, Materazzi, Chivu, Samuel, Santon, Cordoba, Cambiasso, Zanetti, Sneider, Stankovic, Motta, Muntaris, Balotelli, Pandev, Eto, Milito, Suazo et etc not a bad squad though.

As for POrto, utd 1/4 deportivo in the demi and injury hit monaco in the final well done
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #41: Apr 24, 2012 10:41:26 pm
      Correlation between success and money is undeniable, how can people deny his. Last time Madrid through money at the league (galacticos) they got results, same again.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #42: Apr 24, 2012 10:44:34 pm
      Toldo, Brazilian Keeper (forgot his name), Maicon, Lucio, Materazzi, Chivu, Samuel, Santon, Cordoba, Cambiasso, Zanetti, Sneider, Stankovic, Motta, Muntaris, Balotelli, Pandev, Eto, Milito, Suazo et etc not a bad squad though.

As for POrto, utd 1/4 deportivo in the demi and injury hit monaco in the final well done

Never said it was a bad side, but it was not the best in Europe (in fact, Inter couldn't get past the Round of 16 for a few seasons, if I'm not mistaken), nor did he spent huge sums of money there.

As for Porto, if the teams made that far, it was because they deserved it. Deportivo reached the semifinals by beating a very strong Milan side by 4-0 after losing the first leg by 4-1. They also beat Juventus in the first knockout stage. Monaco eliminated Real Madrid and Chelsea.

Correlation between success and money is undeniable, how can people deny his. Last time Madrid through money at the league (galacticos) they got results, same again.

Don't think anyone is denying this, but it's not just money that wins games.

... Roberto Mancini enters the conversation.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #43: Apr 24, 2012 10:46:23 pm

So have Barcelona? In fact Barcelona spent more money than Real Madrid last summer, yet Real Madrid are ahead of them in the league, and are still in the CL.

At Inter he didn't spend that much because they got Eto + 40 million for Ibrahimovic. At Porto he had minimal funds in comparison to other big European clubs. 

He still had a fair amount of money to spend, but he's built fantastic squads with the money.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #44: Apr 24, 2012 10:51:36 pm
      Never said it was a bad side, but it was not the best in Europe (in fact, Inter couldn't get past the Round of 16 for a few seasons, if I'm not mistaken), nor did he spent huge sums of money there.

As for Porto, if the teams made that far, it was because they deserved it. Deportivo reached the semifinals by beating a very strong Milan side by 4-1 after losing the first leg by 4-0. Monaco eliminated Real Madrid.

Don't think anyone is denying this, but it's not just money that wins games.

... Roberto Mancini enters the conversation.

No they didn't get past Utd in mourinho forst season in fact easily beaten. then in 1 transfer window he got Eto, Sneider, Lucio, Motta and Milito. This was Moratti's last attempt to win the CL. If their squad wasn't the best in Europe pu down the squad lists of those that were better and of those who were better, did they play against Inter.

Secondly Deportio beat milan 4-0 and Milan beat them 4-1 hardly a telling statistic.

I say someone is greatif they revolutionised football or won against outstanding odds consisitenly and built a team. Not people who merely buy leagues like a business which is what Mourinhos employer do
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Reply #45: Apr 24, 2012 10:52:11 pm
      I think jm is a product of being at the right place at the right time, but he still has a great record, it can not be denied, a bit of both really.
      But i dont think he would make us as successful as daglish can, because of these limitations.

Quick Reply