Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Is Mourinho a product of financial doping and favourable climate.

Read 31183 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: Is Mourinho a product of financial doping and favourable climate.
      Reply #69: Apr 25, 2012 06:51:36 am
      I forgot to say

At chelsea Mourinho inherited a very strong squad, but the real anomaly was the amouts he was allowed to spend to construct his ideal team, if you see the squad list it is unbeliavable and all in the space of two years under Ranieri and then Mourinho. This has never been don before even the galacticos were bough at one a year.

At Intermilan  they were winning the league 3 years running and not getting past the round of 16 in CL. Well in Mourinhos first season they won the league (don't forget this is the league shaw of Juve and Milan) but failed in the CL, easily beaten by Man Utd. We ll the next season Mourinho get Eto, Lucio, Milito, Motta and Sneider, this type of recruiting is unprecedented again. 5 players of this calibre not bought for the future no youth policy. They were bought infor one reason get me these players and we will win. ONCE AGAIN unprecedented - 5 players

Now onto Madird. This is real madrid who usually win the league at least every 4 years ... check the records. THey had recruited Kaka, Ronaldo all these players whoe Barca were winning. Mourinho in his first season is allowed to buy the players to add the finishing touches to this squad. Ozil, Khedira, Altintop, De Maria and Carvalho. Where else do you see coaches allowed to go out and get at least 5 players from there wish list and ad them to a very stron squad in one hit.

My point is this. No where have I seen the kind of backing Mourinho has received with the exception of Man City in the past two years and now they are 3 pts form the league in a league much stronger than the one Mourinho came into in 2005.
      HOW DO WE JUDGE MOURINHO'S SUCCESS. His situation has no precedence
      Joe88
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 366 posts |
      Reply #70: Apr 25, 2012 07:55:26 am
      Don't hate the player
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #71: Apr 25, 2012 10:20:12 am
      Look its simple joe if Mancini wins the league this year my theory about the Mourinho efffect, or more approprately, the Abramovich effect, will be proven. The reason why it tool mancini a little longer is because. The EPL teams now include Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd as strong candidates and Liverpool, Spurs etc are spending.

Now if the fair play rules come into effect then Mourinhos whole operation is shudown. He ceases to be able to win in the way he does. So roll on 2014 and lets hope te rules are enforced
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #72: Apr 25, 2012 11:28:26 am
      Would love to know what Mourihno's record is winning with lower division teams,has he won promotion with any club and built on that success?.

Would i be suprised if he wins La Liga or the Champions League with Real and then fucks off? no and reason being he knows he cannot replicate the same success continually with the same club.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #73: Apr 25, 2012 12:40:31 pm
      He's a Mercenary c**t that loves the £££'s more than the game.

Wouldn't ever want him at our club, he'd win something then F**k off to the next club that offered him more money.

He epitomises everything I hate about Modern Football.

He's the Cashley Cole of Managers.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #74: Apr 25, 2012 12:53:47 pm
      He's a Mercenary C**t that loves the £££'s more than the game.

Wouldn't ever want him at our club, he'd win something then f**k off to the next club that offered him more money.

He epitomises everything I hate about Modern Football.

He's the Cashley Cole of Managers.

I meant to say this too
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #75: Apr 25, 2012 01:56:04 pm
      Look its simple joe if Mancini wins the league this year my theory about the Mourinho efffect, or more approprately, the Abramovich effect, will be proven.

No, it won't... you keep talking about money, then try your best to diminish his UCL win with Porto which is ridiculous in itself, then ignore the fact he actually didn't spend that much at Inter. You praise the signings HE made there (Eto'o, Milito, Motta, Sneijder, Lucio) as if it was the work of someone else. Lucio and Sneijder, key players to their UCL success, for example, were unwanted at their respective clubs at the time - now they have succeeded, it's easy to say what you're saying. Still, your money argument is totally out of order - none of them were hardly huge transfers.

And as Ranieri, Hughes and now Mancini are showing, it's not all about the money. Of course the money helped him there, and the biggest failure of his career was probably not getting into a UCL final with Chelsea, but not only did he win there (which Ranieri and Hughes couldn't do), he won in his first season and with an unbelievable record (only 1 league defeat and the best defensive record in the history of the English league, in absolute numbers). His home record at all his clubs is unreal, having gone unbeaten for years until Barcelona beat him at the Bernabeu.

I don't like Mourinho, I think he's an opportunist who cares very little about the clubs he manages and I don't like his style of football, therefore I have no interest whatsoever to see him at Liverpool one day. To try to diminish what he's done in his career is just silly though, especially with so many flawed arguments. In a moment it's "all about the money", in the other "he was lucky with Porto because Deportivo and Monaco are sh*t", then "look at the money he spent at Inter" (which was possibly a positive net spend)... is it so hard to admit that a man you don't like is actually good at his job?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #76: Apr 25, 2012 02:40:32 pm
      No, it won't... you keep talking about money, then try your best to diminish his UCL win with Porto which is ridiculous in itself, then ignore the fact he actually didn't spend that much at Inter. You praise the signings HE made there (Eto'o, Milito, Motta, Sneijder, Lucio) as if it was the work of someone else. Lucio and Sneijder, key players to their UCL success, for example, were unwanted at their respective clubs at the time - now they have succeeded, it's easy to say what you're saying. Still, your money argument is totally out of order - none of them were hardly huge transfers.

And as Ranieri, Hughes and now Mancini are showing, it's not all about the money. Of course the money helped him there, and the biggest failure of his career was probably not getting into a UCL final with Chelsea, but not only did he win there (which Ranieri and Hughes couldn't do), he won in his first season and with an unbelievable record (only 1 league defeat and the best defensive record in the history of the English league, in absolute numbers). His home record at all his clubs is unreal, having gone unbeaten for years until Barcelona beat him at the Bernabeu.

I don't like Mourinho, I think he's an opportunist who cares very little about the clubs he manages and I don't like his style of football, therefore I have no interest whatsoever to see him at Liverpool one day. To try to diminish what he's done in his career is just silly though, especially with so many flawed arguments. In a moment it's "all about the money", in the other "he was lucky with Porto because Deportivo and Monaco are sh*t", then "look at the money he spent at Inter" (which was possibly a positive net spend)... is it so hard to admit that a man you don't like is actually good at his job?

I meant to say this too :)

Excellent post Diego
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #77: Apr 25, 2012 03:23:33 pm
      Still Moaning about the Luis Garcia Goal :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17838918
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #78: Apr 26, 2012 01:19:52 am

Diego, how can you say that Eto, Lucio, sneider, Motta and Milito weren't huge signings in ONE transfer window. Added to an already very strong squad. How can you possibly say that.

Tell me have you ever seen five players of that calibre go to one club in one transfer window?

Did you see the CL match this morning? Porto's win was hardly unprecedented and they only beat 1 stronger team UTD, and that was down to a monumental cock up by howard when they were completely in control.
      The match this morning summed up Mourinho. He payed like an away team withe REAL MADRID a 400 million dollar team constructed to outgun the rest of world football. He only ever outguns teams and if he thinks they are any good he sits and counters. WIHT MORE EXPENSIVE TALENT THAN ANYONE.

The penalties summed up Mourinho mate. He sends on Ronaldo and Kaka the two biggest transfers in world history to save his ass. He shows the world his bollocks and a 19n year old kicked him in them.

Mourinho never has to sell, he makes five huge transfers in one window and adds them to team that already brim with talent, constructs teams to completely outgun the opposition, Blocks up the midfield and defence and lobs it over the top for Drogba, Robben, Eto, Ronaldo to run onto, has been in charge of the biggest squads in history... oh yeah he won a few.

As for Mancini he will win it this year case closed. Its always been about the money
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #79: Apr 26, 2012 01:26:27 am

Oh yeah. Ranieri got one season at Chelsea and finished second. If you have seen the squad chelsea had after Mourinho finished buying, it was the strongest in history at that point. More than capable of beating everyone in the EPL. Is this template aspiring coaches should use
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #80: Apr 26, 2012 01:32:06 am

Nothing new. It was 7 years ago as well!! I bet he still holds a grudge against that kid who took his cookie back in 5th grade.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #81: Apr 26, 2012 01:34:06 am
      You'll never equal Bob Paisley, Jose. Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #82: Apr 26, 2012 01:37:24 am
      You'll never equal Bob Paisley, Jose. Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
      If financial fair play comes in he'll probably be arrested for such a breach of the rule's
      Bier
      Reply #83: Apr 26, 2012 01:42:30 am
      Diego, how can you say that Eto, Lucio, sneider, Motta and Milito weren't huge signings in ONE transfer window. Added to an already very strong squad. How can you possibly say that.

Tell me have you ever seen five players of that calibre go to one club in one transfer window?

Huge signings in terms of quality, not in terms of money. Not to mention that he didn't spend more than what was coming in that window. Eto'o + Sneijder for about 30 million pounds in total, now that's a good deal. Milito + Motta in exchange for 5 average players + about 5 million pounds. Lucio for just 6 million. You can't exactly hold it against Mourinho that he did a good job signing quality players for little money, if anyting it should speak for him. He made the best out of the Zlatan transfer. Imagine we had done the same when Torres left. Then again, the season before that he did an awful job signing players like Quaresma, Muntari and Mancini.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #84: Apr 26, 2012 01:48:34 am
      Huge signings in terms of quality, not in terms of money. Eto'o + Sneijder for about 30 million pounds in total, now that's a good deal. Milito + Motta in exchange for 5 average players + about 5 million pounds. Lucio for just 6 million. You can't exactly hold it against Mourinho that he did a good job signing quality players for little money, if anyting it should speak for him. He made the best out of the Zlatan transfer. Imagine we had done the same when Torres left. Then again, the season before he  did an awful job signing players like Quaresma, Muntari and Mancini.

Huge signings mate .. don't worry about transfer fees there is still 25 million pounds salary to be paid per year.

Name any other manager who has signed 5 players of that calibre on those wages, in one window  .. I can only think of one ..Mourinho. He does it at every team he wins at. It is hardly surprising he wins, all things being equal
      And he adds them to already super squads
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #85: Apr 26, 2012 01:55:36 am
      He's not the one who negotiates the wages and secondly, Barcelona have the highest wage bill out of any team in world football.
      Bier
      Reply #86: Apr 26, 2012 02:01:55 am
      Huge signings mate .. don't worry about transfer fees there is still 25 million pounds salary to be paid per year.
      So? Not an increase in total wages though with players like Ibrahimovic, Crespo, Patrick Vieira, Luis Figo, Julio Cruz and Maxwell leaving. Basically you're blaming him for doing a good job in the transfer window without any increase of funds.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #87: Apr 26, 2012 02:02:33 am
      He's not the one who negotiates the wages and secondly, Barcelona have the highest wage bill out of any team in world football.
      Okay so he only outguns the rest of football inside and outside la liga. Secondly, the people who get mourinho in  don't negotiate wages. His demands are simple give me everything and I will win. Don't count the cost and I will win. I have never seen any other coach given this freedom. He is considered great because of the trophies he has won.. not his style of football. He has won trophies because of the staggering backing given to him. Madrid win the league at least every four years. Inter won  the league anyway. Chelsea had the strongest squad in history. Moratti gave him five a-list transfers.. a whole world class attack (Eto, Milito, Sneider) .. the reasons for success are obvious to me.. why do you people protect him
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #88: Apr 26, 2012 02:05:16 am
      That's why I don't bother "debating". I'm just gonna keep to myself that he is not the best in the world. Good, yes, but not the greatest in the world.

And is a c**t.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #89: Apr 26, 2012 02:08:09 am
      So? Not an increase in total wages though with players like Ibrahimovic, Crespo, Patrick Vieira, Luis Figo, Julio Cruz and Maxwell. Basically you're blaming him for doing a good job in the transfer window without any increase of funds.
      I am not blaming him for anything. I ma saying that Intermilan bringing in 5 world class players .. a whole forward line (Eto, Milito, Sneider ) in one transfer window is unprecedented and the reason for any success. This is not a model any other coach in the world is allowed to follow. his success has everything to do with the institutions who bought it.

Look at this morning he beats to CSKA-> Apoel and loses to Bayern who played football. He beats the also rans and occasionally gets lucky against a good team. In the leagues he wins he totally outguns all the opposition in terms of squads\and goes into the CL as favourite. whats difficult about this
      Bier
      Reply #90: Apr 26, 2012 02:08:32 am
      That's why I don't bother "debating". I'm just gonna keep to myself that he is not the best in the world. Good, yes, but not the greatest in the world.

And is a c**t.
      Don't get that comment at all. I even agree with you. But I also he did a good job at Inter, especially with his transfers that 2nd season.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #91: Apr 26, 2012 02:10:33 am
      Don't get that comment at all. I even agree with you. But I also he did a good job at Inter, especially with his transfers that 2nd season.
      So he did a good job with his transfers, that is why he won at Inter. Geez everybody out there can watch the CL and see who the best players are why don't we all buy them, five at a time

Quick Reply