Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Olympics: Football

Read 35554 times
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Re: London 2012 Olympics - Football
      Reply #23: Apr 26, 2012 05:39:13 pm
      I thought it was up to the club whether the over 23 players could play or not?
      Yes it is. Its only mandatory for U23 players.
      But if a player WANTS to play, its really up to the club to decide whats best.

In Luis´s case, it will be hard, really hard for Liverpool to say no, since Luis is one of the most competitive players ive ever seen. I mean, the guy wants to win even in trainning, and he has said on many interviews with Uruguayan media that he would kill for a spot. But he always says its up to the club, and that it will be hard to get permission, so bottom line its up to KK.

Keep a player happy and motivated, or a proper (and first) pre-season with the team.

Hard choice if you ask me.
      If Uruguay wins it, and Luis has a good tournament, on British soil, and in the face of the English media, it could do him a more good than 10 pre-seasons. He is one of those players who needs to play constantly, and i think the ban killed his form (you can see he is just reaching his level again after a while)

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #24: Apr 27, 2012 05:02:44 pm
      Guardiola for Brazil!
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #25: Apr 27, 2012 05:11:48 pm
      Turns out I have tickets for the quarter finals between Group A runners up and Group B winners
      Bier
      Reply #26: Apr 27, 2012 05:25:53 pm
      I dont understand why they wont allow the "Real" National teams to play. The Olympics are supposed to be a representation of the Best athletes, from every nation competing in their sport. Whether its an 18 year old or a 30 year old. Whether they are a Pro or an Amature.

Olympic Basketball allows any player regardless of age or status, except for the US team has a roster of conceited, arrogant assholes who wont go unless their paid.  F**kin' scumbags.
      It can't work currently because the European Championship is in the same year.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #27: Apr 27, 2012 09:43:49 pm
      I dont understand why they wont allow the "Real" National teams to play. The Olympics are supposed to be a representation of the Best athletes, from every nation competing in their sport. Whether its an 18 year old or a 30 year old. Whether they are a Pro or an Amature.

Olympic Basketball allows any player regardless of age or status, except for the US team has a roster of conceited, arrogant assholes who wont go unless their paid.  F**kin' scumbags.
      Big European teams would never allow it. They are not too happy about the WC or Qualies either...
      BroganHill16
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #28: May 10, 2012 05:53:45 am
      Apparently Brazil are talking this tournament very seriously. They plan to send all the top young stars to London. Players like Neymar, Ganso, Lucas, Moura, Pato, Leandro Damiao, Rafael, Danilo, Coutinho, Dede, Also older players like Thiago Silva, Robinho and Kaka
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #29: May 10, 2012 04:13:55 pm
      Apparently Brazil are talking this tournament very seriously. They plan to send all the top young stars to London. Players like Neymar, Ganso, Lucas, Moura, Pato, Leandro Damiao, Rafael, Danilo, Coutinho, Dede, Also older players like Thiago Silva, Robinho and Kaka
      Yep, its the only tournament they have never won, and they might want to tie our record  (Uruguay has won 20 interantional tournaments, and they have  won 19). I really think they will win it this time.
      BroganHill16
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #30: May 11, 2012 01:45:05 am
      Yep, its the only tournament they have never won, and they might want to tie our record  (Uruguay has won 20 interantional tournaments, and they have  won 19). I really think they will win it this time.
      It's probably because they don't have any other tournaments to play in the summer. They don't have to qualify for the 2014 World Cup because they are hosts and all the youth tournaments were on last year.

This could be their team

Rafael

Danilo       T.Silva      Dede     Fabio

Sandro
                                 Kaka           Ganso
            Lucas Moura                                 Neymar
                                   Leandro Damiao

That is an amazing team

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #31: Jun 15, 2012 01:48:09 pm
      I see Ferguson has managed to prevent everyone from United bar Giggs from taking part in the Olympic football.

QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #32: Jun 15, 2012 03:46:59 pm
      Yep. New Japaneese guy wont play...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #33: Jun 15, 2012 03:51:26 pm
      Yep. New Japaneese guy wont play...

And he's managed to pull Hernandez from Mexico too!
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #34: Jun 28, 2012 12:07:53 pm
      Beckham not selected by Stuart Pearce   :lmao:

Bellamy, Giggs & Micah Richards are the 3 over-age players for the GB team.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35: Jun 28, 2012 03:45:57 pm
      Can players who have gone to the Euro be selected to the Olympics? (I'm thinking Hendo, Kelly, Andy)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #36: Jun 28, 2012 03:53:27 pm
      I fail to see the appeal of Stuart Pearce. The FA really are deserving in their miserable failures.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #37: Jun 28, 2012 10:11:47 pm
      Can players who have gone to the Euro be selected to the Olympics? (I'm thinking Hendo, Kelly, Andy)
      They should have made it to the shortlist presented a month ago. Now its too late to add anyone outside that list. Lampard was a sure bet to go if it wasnt for that detail
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #38: Jun 30, 2012 05:59:02 pm
      Beckham not selected by Stuart Pearce   :lmao:

Bellamy, Giggs & Micah Richards are the 3 over-age players for the GB team.
      Yeah I read that. I would think that Beckham was on the squad because of his Olympic duties for England.

I know its almost blasphemy on this forum but honestly, I like Beckham. I know a lot of people hate the guy but I just dont. I watched one of the documentary's and it followed him around for a few weeks when he was w/ Madrid. Maybe he just lied to the camera, but he seemed like a nice guy. He did a lot of stuff for kids in a cancer hospital and stayed there all day talking to sick kids and their parents.

I just find it hard too really hate the guy when he does a lot for charities and sick kids. It doesnt matter who you are, you will get my respect when you help dying children. To me, he seems like a likeable and decent guy.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #39: Jul 01, 2012 04:21:37 am
      Yeah I read that. I would think that Beckham was on the squad because of his Olympic duties for England.

I know its almost blasphemy on this forum but honestly, I like Beckham. I know a lot of people hate the guy but I just dont. I watched one of the documentary's and it followed him around for a few weeks when he was w/ Madrid. Maybe he just lied to the camera, but he seemed like a nice guy. He did a lot of stuff for kids in a cancer hospital and stayed there all day talking to sick kids and their parents.

I just find it hard too really hate the guy when he does a lot for charities and sick kids. It doesnt matter who you are, you will get my respect when you help dying children. To me, he seems like a likeable and decent guy.
      He is just a money making machine, but as a player, he was just good. Not world class.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #40: Jul 01, 2012 12:03:53 pm
      'Team GB' has only players from England and Wales - way to go with the 'Olympic spirit' Pearce.  :tosser:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #41: Jul 01, 2012 12:07:19 pm
      'Team GB' has only players from England and Wales - way to go with the 'Olympic spirit' Pearce.  :tosser:

Nothing to do with Pearce, more to do with the Scottish & NI FAs. 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #42: Jul 01, 2012 12:36:39 pm
      Nothing to do with Pearce, more to do with the Scottish & NI FAs.

Aye mate. I expect that from you. I can't even be arsed arguing the toss tbh... you know exactly what I meant about Olympic Spirit. 

QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #43: Jul 01, 2012 01:57:38 pm
      Cant believe there are no players from Scotland or Ireland...som much for team GB, ;D Its more like it to call them England + some
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #44: Jul 01, 2012 01:59:05 pm
      Cant believe there are no players from Scotland or Ireland...som much for team GB, ;D Its more like it to call them England + some

From what I read yesterday it is a problem to do with the different associations, not Pearce, not that I give a F**k, I'm supporting Uruguay in the footie now for obvious reasons!
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #45: Jul 01, 2012 02:08:59 pm
      Bale missing the olympics due to back injury?

Quick Reply